Stats: 3,162,213 members, 7,849,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria (1511 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Seeking Treatment May Soon Be Left With Native Doctors – Mimiko / Tears In Biafra Land As Ijaws Join Referendum Suit In Abuja,,, Video / Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by MANDIPUTIN: 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
The Ijaw ethnic nationality has joined the league of Nigerian ethnic groups clamouring for self determination.

Giving a teeth to bite and bark for the movement of actualising Ijaw Republic is the president of Ijaw National Congress, INC Prof Banjamin Okaba.

The National President of the INC, Professor Benjamin Okaba, in a statement lamented the years of injustice the Ijaws have suffered and the exploitation of oil resources without commensurate reward.

He said the country hinged on forced unity has appeared to outlive its usefulness, noting that the Ijaws are willing to leave as a distinct republic, not as part of any other secessionist agenda.

“Yet, gold and other mineral resources discovered in Zamfara and other states are allowed to be freely exploited by the owner states. When shall this double standard end”?, Prof. Okada said in the statement.

The INC president also decried that some ethnic groups in Nigeria are treated as more equal than others, saying terrorists in the north are treated with levity while other ethnic groups are ill-,treated and dehumanized.

He said, “We also find it extremely unacceptable that in a country where we all are supposed to be equal, some persons are being treated as more equal than others.

“What defence has the National leadership in perpetually giving cover and protection to the marauding herdsmen who commit banditry, killing and maiming innocent Nigerians? Yet, innocent Ijaw people who detest these atrocities are gagged and lives invaded, emasculated and killed.

“Our Ijaw communities have become occupied territories by the Nigerian armed forces with no exercise of freedom. This has given fillip to the claims that there is a premeditated plan, well hatched and choreographed to overrun Nigeria.

“This appears to be the source of confidence and effrontery that embolden some folks to issue 72 hours threat to the Delta State Governor for daring to ban open grazing, a decision taken by all the Southern governors.

Could it be true that because this offensive public declaration has the implicit support of the leadership of this country, no national leader nor senior government official has condemned such virulent statement?

“May be, the basis of our forced unity called Nigeria appears to have outlived its usefulness. Nobody negotiated with our forebears for the Ijaws to be part of this union called Nigeria.

“We were merely conscripted into the Nigeria union without the consent of our forebears. Fortunately, the historical truth is that we, Ijaw people, have never been conquered by anybody. And we shall NOT be.

“Since the fragile unity that was predicated on the pillars of justice, equity and fairness has been completely jettisoned, and the leaders of the country rather than pacify those agitating for justice and equity, feel comfortable resorting to threats like “we know what to do,” the Ijaws have become reprehensive and afraid of being part of an unworkable union.

“Having endured the unsavory treatments and crude exploitations over the years, and the noted resolve of the present-day leaders to continue their stranglehold on the Ijaw people through more obnoxious laws (the water resources bill sponsored by the Buhari administration) our faith in the Nigerian union has been grossly eroded.

“The Ijaw nation, conscious of our desire to live in a country where our rights to live peacefully and apply our God endowed talents and resources for our collective improvement and well-being, no longer feel safe to be part of a country where inequality, inequity and nepotism and impunity have become defining principles of governance.

“Rather than continue to sacrifice and carry the burdens of an unappreciative Nigeria nation, WE WISH TO STATE WITHOUT EQUIVOCATION our resolve for SELF DETERMINATION.

“We are prepared to legally and peacefully negotiate our exit like other aggrieved ethnic nationalities but also as a distinct IJAW REPUBLIC with ethno-linguistic, cultural affinity and geographic contiguity and not in part or full of any other secessionist agenda.

https://thenewsguru.com/news/ijaws-join-league-of-nigerians-seeking-exit-from-nigeria/

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by insidelife22(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
Which way Naija,how far Unity beggars,what's up cow regions,children of waste over to you.

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by MANDIPUTIN: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
insidelife22:
Which way Naija,how far Unity beggars,what's up cow regions,children of waste over to you.
Someone post this news 4days ago here. It was removed. It's very possible this one will be remove.

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Elliot2(m): 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
All these paid fg idiots marauding around to distabilise the genuine Biafra seeking movement. Una never serious.

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by lilfreezy: 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
It's a welcome development. Every ethnic nationality should push for their own homogenous country. Just as it's done in Europe

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by tungamaje: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
The same Okaba who went to affirm IJAW. belief in the indivisibility of Nigeria before Mr President just today? Don't take them serious

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by tutudesz: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
tungamaje:
The same Okaba who went to affirm IJAW. belief in the indivisibility of Nigeria before Mr President just today? Don't take them serious
President called for a meeting with Ijaw leaders and kings, attending such meeting doesn't our missions
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
Wetin go happen to futa jallon people bayi?

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Liebermantic: 11:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ijaw the ogogoro kaikai whiskey Nation..

Give them security contract to secure the pipeline

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Biafranboys: 12:13am On Jun 25, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:
The Ijaw ethnic nationality has joined the league of Nigerian ethnic groups clamouring for self determination.

Giving a teeth to bite and bark for the movement of actualising Ijaw Republic is the president of Ijaw National Congress, INC Prof Banjamin Okaba.

The National President of the INC, Professor Benjamin Okaba, in a statement lamented the years of injustice the Ijaws have suffered and the exploitation of oil resources without commensurate reward.

He said the country hinged on forced unity has appeared to outlive its usefulness, noting that the Ijaws are willing to leave as a distinct republic, not as part of any other secessionist agenda.

“Yet, gold and other mineral resources discovered in Zamfara and other states are allowed to be freely exploited by the owner states. When shall this double standard end”?, Prof. Okada said in the statement.

The INC president also decried that some ethnic groups in Nigeria are treated as more equal than others, saying terrorists in the north are treated with levity while other ethnic groups are ill-,treated and dehumanized.

He said, “We also find it extremely unacceptable that in a country where we all are supposed to be equal, some persons are being treated as more equal than others.

“What defence has the National leadership in perpetually giving cover and protection to the marauding herdsmen who commit banditry, killing and maiming innocent Nigerians? Yet, innocent Ijaw people who detest these atrocities are gagged and lives invaded, emasculated and killed.

“Our Ijaw communities have become occupied territories by the Nigerian armed forces with no exercise of freedom. This has given fillip to the claims that there is a premeditated plan, well hatched and choreographed to overrun Nigeria.

“This appears to be the source of confidence and effrontery that embolden some folks to issue 72 hours threat to the Delta State Governor for daring to ban open grazing, a decision taken by all the Southern governors.

Could it be true that because this offensive public declaration has the implicit support of the leadership of this country, no national leader nor senior government official has condemned such virulent statement?

“May be, the basis of our forced unity called Nigeria appears to have outlived its usefulness. Nobody negotiated with our forebears for the Ijaws to be part of this union called Nigeria.

“We were merely conscripted into the Nigeria union without the consent of our forebears. Fortunately, the historical truth is that we, Ijaw people, have never been conquered by anybody. And we shall NOT be.

“Since the fragile unity that was predicated on the pillars of justice, equity and fairness has been completely jettisoned, and the leaders of the country rather than pacify those agitating for justice and equity, feel comfortable resorting to threats like “we know what to do,” the Ijaws have become reprehensive and afraid of being part of an unworkable union.

“Having endured the unsavory treatments and crude exploitations over the years, and the noted resolve of the present-day leaders to continue their stranglehold on the Ijaw people through more obnoxious laws (the water resources bill sponsored by the Buhari administration) our faith in the Nigerian union has been grossly eroded.

“The Ijaw nation, conscious of our desire to live in a country where our rights to live peacefully and apply our God endowed talents and resources for our collective improvement and well-being, no longer feel safe to be part of a country where inequality, inequity and nepotism and impunity have become defining principles of governance.

“Rather than continue to sacrifice and carry the burdens of an unappreciative Nigeria nation, WE WISH TO STATE WITHOUT EQUIVOCATION our resolve for SELF DETERMINATION.

“We are prepared to legally and peacefully negotiate our exit like other aggrieved ethnic nationalities but also as a distinct IJAW REPUBLIC with ethno-linguistic, cultural affinity and geographic contiguity and not in part or full of any other secessionist agenda.

https://thenewsguru.com/news/ijaws-join-league-of-nigerians-seeking-exit-from-nigeria/

Believe ijaws at your own risk they would always sell you out, no bi today the traitor spiff meet buhari?

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Graysons: 12:17am On Jun 25, 2021
Liebermantic:
Ijaw the ogogoro kaikai whiskey Nation..

Give them security contract to secure the pipeline
And how is it your business? Which tribe or ethnic group are you from self?
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by MANDIPUTIN: 6:04am On Jun 25, 2021
Biafranboys:

Believe ijaws at your own risk they would always sell you out, no bi today the traitor spiff meet buhari?
The leaders & elders are the problem. You don't stereotype & cast a blanket view about the Ijaws.
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by butterfly777(m): 6:40am On Jun 25, 2021
Good one
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by makemoneywbsite: 6:41am On Jun 25, 2021
Nobody takes these ones and Yoruba seriously. Natural Bororo allies and problem or the South. Just let the FG settle them with more contract money for more drinks and women and they'll sing a new song. Who hears of MEND and Avengers again? Consequence of settlement.

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by udede(m): 7:07am On Jun 25, 2021
makemoneywbsite:
Nobody takes these ones and Yoruba seriously. Natural Bororo allies and problem or the South. Just let the FG settle them with more contract money for more drinks and women and they'll sing a new song. Who hears of MEND and Avengers again? Consequence of settlement.
even the fat toad making monosyllabic noise will be quiet when his check is confirmed. Very unserious people....all of them

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by BKayy: 7:25am On Jun 25, 2021
Sincerely I wish and hope this news is true.
I wish the Ijaw people are really ready to fight for their self determination but within me I know that 4 bottles of Ogogoro each can change this news to one Nigeria forever

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by horsepower102: 7:26am On Jun 25, 2021
When Igbos where telling them over so many years that Niger delta republic is a scam perpetuated by mischievous nonentities, they threw all manners of insults against igbos..

Look at what is unfolding today.

Now everyone who was supporting nigger delta republic is now denying that they never cared about it. Yet those same people spent years with different accounts insulting Igbos.

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by horsepower102: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2021
One thing I always like about Nigeria’s history is that at the end Igbos always get vindicated. No matter the lies told about them. Niger delta republic is forever dead. Anyone who mentions that scam again should check into a psychiatric hospital

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Tinubuadvocate: 7:33am On Jun 25, 2021
It pain you that they don't say they are biafra.
Elliot2:
All these paid fg idiots marauding around to distabilise the genuine Biafra seeking movement. Una never serious.
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Tinubuadvocate: 7:35am On Jun 25, 2021
If Niger delta republic can't actualize please don't expect much from biafra republic. You guys just want to steal from niger delta by all means.
horsepower102:
One thing I always like about Nigeria’s history is that at the end Igbos always get vindicated. No matter the lies told about them. Niger delta republic is forever dead. Anyone who mentions that scam again should check into a psychiatric hospital

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by horsepower102: 7:38am On Jun 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
If Niger delta republic can't actualize please don't expect much from biafra republic. You guys just want to steal from niger delta by all means.

Yoruba man what is your problem? Are you tired of claiming “we Niger delta” “we south south”

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Investigative: 7:41am On Jun 25, 2021
am happy
We have do away with ijaw
Biafra without ijaw is my dream

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Tinubuadvocate: 7:44am On Jun 25, 2021
I have never claim where I dont belong but a breed niger delta born will rather form their own country or better still go with Yoruba than join biafra.
horsepower102:

Yoruba man what is your problem? Are you tired of claiming “we Niger delta” “we south south”
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by horsepower102: 7:46am On Jun 25, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
I have never claim where I dont belong but a breed niger delta born will rather form their own country or better still go with Yoruba than join biafra.

Do I look like IPOB to you? I am an advocate of Igbo only biafra and I will maintain that stance even in my death bed.

I am a proud igbo man and I want an Igbo only country.

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by BKayy: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2021
Investigative:
am happy
We have do away with ijaw
Biafra without ijaw is my dream
Same here nwanne.
I just wish they can withstand the temptation of being bribed with bottles of Ogogoro and continue with their self determination

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Investigative: 8:00am On Jun 25, 2021
BKayy:

Same here nwanne.
I just wish they can withstand the temptation of being bribed with bottles of Ogogoro and continue with their self determination
As long they are not included in biafra I don’t care if they join Nigeria or not
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by BKayy: 8:01am On Jun 25, 2021
Investigative:

As long they are not included in biafra I don’t care if they join Nigeria or not
If they don't continue, Nnamdi Kanu might be tempted to add them again. You know that man no get heart at all
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by nku5: 8:17am On Jun 25, 2021
If they offer Ijaws or any other Niger Delta group Vice Presidency they will abandon all aspirations to freedom in split second. Same way they sold hundreds of thousands of their people to white man in exchange for umbrellas, whisky and mirrors in the 19th century
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by Investigative: 8:27am On Jun 25, 2021
BKayy:

If they don't continue, Nnamdi Kanu might be tempted to add them again. You know that man no get heart at all
Honestly Nnamdi kanu
Is another breed
I can’t tolerate what that man tolerate
I swear
Kanu is an extra ordinary human being

Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by theFilmtric: 8:31am On Jun 25, 2021
BKayy:

Same here nwanne.
This post summaries why igbos aren't respected
Re: Ijaws Join League Of Nigerians Seeking Exit From Nigeria by BKayy: 8:36am On Jun 25, 2021
Investigative:

Honestly Nnamdi kanu
Is another breed
I can’t tolerate what that man tolerate
I swear
Kanu is an extra ordinary human being
That is the only reason why people respect him.

A nairalander meets unknown gunmen - VIDEO / 2023 Presidential Election Result As I Have Seen It / Prophet Segun Adebayo Warn Nigerians Over Bola Tinubu Premature Victory, Reveals

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49