Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB (566 Views)

App Used To Create Fake UTME Result Uncovered / Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions / Important Notice To 9 March 2018 7am Candidates - JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by Wokamest: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2021
"The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Isha’q Oloyede, has said that 500,000 fake candidates who had registered for the 2021/2022 examination, were uncovered due to the introduction of the National Identification Number.

According to Ishaq, the use of the NIN as directed by the federal government was instrumental in curbing examination malpractice in this year's examination. He compared the number of people who registered for the examination in the previous years as against those who registered in 2021, saying[b] the SHORTFALL WERE FRAUDSTERS who couldn't maneuver the system due to the use of the NIN.[/b]

The registrar added that the actual number of candidates that JAMB registered for UTME 2021 was 1,415,501, and out of it, 1,122,095 candidates had taken the examinations, while 66,111 candidates were yet to take."

What is your take at the bolded?
Was it not due to frustration in getting the NIN and profile code to buy EPIN that students could not register?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by Kayberg: 9:56am On Jun 25, 2021
Makes no sense.
So, you were expecting those who registered last year to register again this year for JAMB?

What is in JAMB/UTME that any sane person will go, pay and sit for without really needing it?
Who did we offend in this country that we had to be blessed with these kind of backward thinkers?

Was everyone able to get their NIN?
I that registered since 2017 is yet to get my NIN which had cost me my two main official SIM Cards.

Please….
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by Hahjascho(m): 10:00am On Jun 25, 2021
Though the frustration encountered in Jamb is nothing to write home about, are you then saying 500, 000 were uncovered due to the frustration? 500,000 o.
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by Wokamest: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2021
Calling students fraudsters because they could not register for this year's jamb is worrisome.

He is just looking for an excuse to justify the use of NIN and the shortfall for this year.
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by DDDEnterprises: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2021
Kayberg:
Makes no sense.
So, you were expecting those who registered last year to register again this year for JAMB?

What is in JAMB/UTME that any sane person will go, pay and sit for without really needing it?
Who did we offend in this country that we had to be blessed with these kind of backward thinkers?

Was everyone able to get their NIN?
I that registered since 2017 is yet to get my NIN which had cost me my two main official SIM Cards.

Please….

Since 2017? Just to get the NIN? or you mean card?
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by Wokamest: 10:47am On Jun 25, 2021
But how did JAMB arrive at 500,000 in the first place? There was no investigation whatsoever. It simply their opinion which they see as the truth.
JAMB did not uncover anything.
They just compare the previous record with the present and attributed the shortfall to fraudsters.
Those that were frustrated may not be up to 500,000, but remember that this is nationwide.

And JAMB arrive at this figure by simple comparison of previous and present record.
So, there was no scientific investigation. The figure could be more or less.

Hahjascho:
Though the frustration encountered in Jamb is nothing to write home about, are you then saying 500, 000 were uncovered due to the frustration? 500,000 o.
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by Hahjascho(m): 10:49am On Jun 25, 2021
Wokamest:
But how did JAMB arrive at 500,000 in the first place? There was no investigation whatsoever. It simply their opinion which they see as the truth.
JAMB did not uncover anything.
They just compare the previous record with the present and attributed the shortfall to fraudsters.
Those that were frustrated may not be up to 500,000, but remember that this is nationwide.

And JAMB arrive at this figure by simple comparison of previous and present record.
So, there was no scientific investigation. The figure could be more or less.

Hmn, another angle.
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by SeniorGee(m): 11:10am On Jun 25, 2021
Keep frustrating people's children in the name of fake candidates... You will surely sow what you reap...
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by Kayberg: 11:26am On Jun 25, 2021
DDDEnterprises:

Since 2017? Just to get the NIN? or you mean card?
I've since then received only the white paper tracking sheet. No NIN, no Card.
I stopped going when I got tired of spending days at the outlet.
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by Wokamest: 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
JAMB always thinking that every nigerian is a fraudster.
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by lanrei(m): 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2021
Kayberg:

I've since then received only the white paper tracking sheet.
No NIN, no Card.

I stopped going when I got tired of spending days at the outlet.

I'm also facing this type of ordeal though mine has only been about 3 months since I receive the paper with the tracking number. The painful part is that the paper is utterly useless as it is not a recognise legal document.
Re: NIN Uncovered 500,000 Fake UTME Candidates - JAMB by Kayberg: 10:44am On Aug 18, 2021
lanrei:

I'm also facing this type of ordeal though mine has only been about 3 months since I receive the paper with the tracking number. The painful part is that the paper is utterly useless as it is not a recognise legal document.

The paper is very useless sir.
Extremely useless.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fully Funded Schorlarship Opportunity In Romania / Pls Help My Kids , They Are My Everything / Uniben Lecturer, Dr George Ukagba Wins 2 Million GOCAN Essay Writing Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.