Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? (17427 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / Working With A Falsified Statement Of Result For 2 Yrs / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? by jaybee3(m): 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
kunlewoye:

@ Jay Bee. Did you say lazy?!! I have applied to Dalhousie, Uof A, UCal, uni of Regina, Memorial University in Canada. I got to talk to an admissions officer each time and those pple were very curt during correspondence making me think Master's abroad aint for 2:2 @ all. In the UK I av tried Newcastle(where I was referred to their agent here in Naija), Aberdeen, HW, Cranfield, some I can't even remember! I tried NTNU and Stavanger in Norway as well. I am everything but lazy, mate, even with a job dat takes 12hrs+ of my time daily + weekend sometimes
What Info did you get from Cranfield uni?
What institution was your first degree from?
Have you tried RGU?
Re: Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? by tanimola22: 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
kunlewoye:

@ Jay Bee. Did you say lazy?!! I have applied to Dalhousie, Uof A, UCal, uni of Regina, Memorial University in Canada. I got to talk to an admissions officer each time and those pple were very curt during correspondence making me think Master's abroad aint for 2:2 @ all. In the UK I av tried Newcastle(where I was referred to their agent here in Naija), Aberdeen, HW, Cranfield, some I can't even remember! I tried NTNU and Stavanger in Norway as well. I am everything but lazy, mate, even with a job dat takes 12hrs+ of my time daily + weekend sometimes

Have you tried Northumbria (check for the correct spelling)? They accept third class degrees. A Shell worker got his master's there. He joined Shell after his master's degree.
Re: Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? by kunlewoye(m): 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Jay bee,

For Cranfield:
After successfully completing this(pre-master's) course, students can choose one of the following postgraduate courses offered by our School of Engineering or School of Applied Sciences:

Aerospace Vehicle Design (with options in Aircraft Design, Avionic Systems Design and Structural Design)
Aerospace Dynamics (with options in Aerodynamics and Flight Dynamics)
Computational Fluid Mechanics
Astronautics and Space Engineering
Thermal Power (with options in Aerospace Propulsion; Gas Turbine Technology; Power, Propulsion and the Environment; Rotating Machinery, Engineering and Management)
Design of Rotating Machines
Automotive Product Engineering
Motorsport Engineering and Management
Offshore and Ocean Technology
Process Systems Engineering (with options in Energy Systems and Thermal Processes; Process Systems Technology)
Ultra Precision Technologies
Welding Engineering
Advanced Materials

To be frankhe options obtainable post pre-master's don't quite suit me.

For RGU, though, they accept 2:2 from other countries, BUT not frm Nigeria as categorically stated on the website:

Subsea Engrng;

Applicants should have an Honours degree in Engineering or related discipline at level 2.2 or above and typically at least one year's relevant industrial experience. However those with other qualifications but with considerable appropriate relevant industrial experience may be considered.

Students from Nigeria should have a 2:1 or above in Engineering or a related discipline from a Federal University.

Students whose first language is not English should hold IELTS 6.5 before commencing study.

Oil and Gas Engrng;

Applicants must have a good Honours degree from a UK University or an overseas equivalent qualification in Engineering or a related discipline. Those with other qualifications, but with considerable appropriate industrial experience, may be considered.

Students from Nigeria should have a 2:1 or above in Engineering or a related discipline from a Federal University.

All international students for whom English is not their first language must provide evidence of linguistic ability, by gaining either IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL prior to receiving an unconditional offer of a place on the course.

Pet Engrg;

Applicants should have a good Honours degree in Engineering or closely related discipline and at least 2 years practical industrial experience relevant to Production Engineering. Exceptionally, candidates who have a relevant HND level qualification together with extensive Production Engineering experience may, at the University's discretion, be considered.

All international students for whom English is not their first language must provide evidence of linguistic ability, by gaining either IELTS 6.5 or its equivalent in TOEFL prior to receiving an unconditional offer of a place on the course.
Re: Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2012
kunlewoye: Hi All, I'd appreciate if I could have someone advise genuinely on this. I also have a 2:2 in Chemical Engineering, bt all the Petroleum Engineering schools in Canada dnt subscribe to my "kind"- sadly. Is there some program I can enroll in to stand me in good stead? Or a better one than I'm in? is there no hope? cry

With regards to the UK, there's a pet and gas engineering degree at salford university and there is the subsea engineering at strathclyde university, they both accept 2.2.
Re: Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? by awhales(f): 1:26am On Jun 25, 2012
@Kunlewoye, am experiencing same problems as you , can you pls send me a mail, so we can put our heads together and see what we can do together..thanks..awele_andrew@yahoo.com
Re: Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? by wendyyy: 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2012
Hi everyone and @ kunlewoye; I'm sorry you had to go through such displeasures but I'm sure you are soon to find some satisfying remedy. On the other hand, I wish to express my desire- in search of names of canadian universities offering pre masters degree program in any oil and gas technology related courses.
I thank you most esteemed readers.
Re: Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? by sultanemerald(m): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
Pls, I am also in a fix. A different kind. I want an MSc in the information technology career path. I have a BSc in computer science and maths. What are my careers options and prospects as I do not want the computer programming line. Pls, advice. Also, I want a school in asia. A good school with a moderate tuition fee. Pls, be kind to enlighten me. As I am confused.
Re: Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
Of course u can get schools but definitely not a top school.
Re: Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? by sultanemerald(m): 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
Please, can I get a list of schools?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Do Micro-Finance Banks Pay At Entry Level? / Is Data Analytics A Promising Career Path? / Itil Vs Prince 2 Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.