Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School (17050 Views)

Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? / Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by kayode69(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Dear Nairalanders,

My name is Kayode Sherif, I'm a 300L student of a state university in the country studying a 5 year course.

Last year, (during the lockdown).... I was hell broke(so broke I couldn't even feed)

I had heard of this online business, but I didn't have any guidance on how to go about it, AND I didn't even have money to buy the course available for it.

I decided I was going to find a way to buy the course, so I took a job as a fuel station attendant (I worked there for 6 months) I saved up some money.

I bought the course and started studying and implementing all I had learnt, day and night...

It was as if nothing was working "I was desperate! I wasn't making money."

But I kept on...

Finally this year, I got the breakthrough. I got my first payment.

Fast forward to today, I have been making at least 250k in a month but I can't keep up with my school.

I'm thinking of terminating my school but I don't want to make a decision that will affect me for the rest of my life so I'm seeking for your honest opinion.

Should I quit school and focus more on my online business?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Taywon: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2021
Education is the Light....
Don't quit.... You will need it someday

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by kayode69(m): 6:17pm On Oct 22, 2021
Taywon:
Education is the Light....

Don't quit.... You will need it someday

Thank you
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Karlifate: 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2021
Mr Kayode69, find a way to balance both since you've come this far NOT to come this far.

There's always a way out, it's up to you to find it & implement it.

Cheers!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by kayode69(m): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2021
Karlifate:
Mr Kayode69, find a way to balance both since you've come this far NOT to come this far.

There's always a way out, it's up to you to find it & implement it.

Cheers!

It's just hard for me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by SocialJustice: 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

My name is Kayode Sherif, I'm a 300L student of a state university in the country studying a 5 year course.

Last year, (during the lockdown).... I was hell broke(so broke I couldn't even feed)

I had heard of this online business, but I didn't have any guidance on how to go about it, AND I didn't even have money to buy the course available for it.

I decided I was going to find a way to buy the course, so I took a job as a fuel station attendant (I worked there for 6 months) I saved up some money.

I bought the course and started studying and implementing all I had learnt, day and night...

But I kept on...

Fast forward to today, I have been making at least 250k in a month but I can't keep up with my school.

I'm thinking of terminating my school but I don't want to make a decision that will affect me for the rest of my life so I'm seeking for your honest opinion.

Defer your admission, build your business to the point where you can continue studying. Or do the 2 at once. Do not drop out completely.

105 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by kayode69(m): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
SocialJustice:
Defer your admission, build your business to the point where you can continue studying. Or do the 2 at once. Do not drop out completely.

Thanks! I love your response

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Greatn3ss: 5:01am On Oct 23, 2021
I'm sure this is a tactics you want to use to hunt those that will come here and make comments like "show me the way"

But anyway back to the topic, you own your life and the right to make any decision for yourself, follow your heart and go with God

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by jokerr(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

But I kept on...

abeg which online business you dey do ,am interested

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by philipstanley(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2021
Manage both

2 Likes

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by folak48: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2021
Schools don't teach how to make money, a lot of billionaires are school drop outs that's if truly you make money as you claimed and not through dubious ways.

The Lord has this for you "IS THE MONEY CLEAN?"

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Mideriks04(f): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Boss If you don't mind, can you tell me the particular online business you are doing and the course you bought and how much you bought the course?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by potbelly(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Do both if you can...

Because at the 3nd of school na money you go still find...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by OBTMOS(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Chase the money oo
Make sure u finish your school

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Flamees(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
It depends on the type of course you're studying
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by crafteck(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Una no de tire for this kain threads

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by 69Ansour69: 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
300l student?? And 250k a month?? You're loosin' focus??

Bruv, you know the drill?
The both you've got at hand is dope. I suggest you work harder on how you can FOCUS mostly in the Education line.

It's more like a big test for ya, Bruv.
You've gone way long in your academical aspects. You've just started with what emanates money for you.

Just work hard lika' Trojan on your Focus

In the end, it's gon' be a couple of Fortunes
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by gurunlocker: 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Do both..... But one might affect another though.
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by TheWolfen(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Finnish sch first. E get why.

If you choose to defer your admission as someone had already advise you then it might be hard for you to come back to the same school after your set had already graduated and you will be taking lectures with your juniors.
That is a psychological trauma most people aren't able to handle and I don't know how well you can handle it.
But dropping out of school shouldn't be an option. At 300L you have came too far to give up on school now.
Lastly try give lecturers close marking. Tell them your situation. They humans too. They won't bite u

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by DoggoneDogg: 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
jokerr:
abeg which online business you dey do ,am interested

Na Yahoo what else??
The idiot save money buy laptop go learn for HK con come here dey cap nonsense

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by IKBARUTEN11(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Whatever sails your shop

But I would strictly advise you to chase your dreams
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by The5DME(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Stay in school, but sacrifice your grades for the business. The main reason we go to school is so we can get good jobs, with good pay. Something which is very hard to get nowadays, but you're already making money in school. So i'd advise you to stay in school, and make sure you graduate. But you might not end up graduating with a first class.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by ClassicMan202(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
250k per month?

Show us the way crew.... Over to you

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Missyajoke(f): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Why don't you take leave of absence and continue schooling after a year

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Jonah507(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
You will definitely come for the money after school. If it's legit, find a way of doing the two same time.

Life after school with no money no too funny ooo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Dialpad: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
You can combine the 2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Pagon201: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Emodeee: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
A.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by ikcid: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
I just hope this is not a ploy to trick people into buying your course? Soon a few gulli.ble ones will flock your DM and get duped. grin grin grin

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by kennykruzmason: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Will You Return This To Your Company? / Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa / Tired With Ican Exams!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.