Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,179 members, 7,860,235 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola (39473 Views)

Chioma Ajunwa Decorated Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Photos Of The 3-Bedroom Apartment Chioma Ajunwa Got From Lagos Government / Chioma Ajunwa: I Built Three Rooms With Abiola’s Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Gbajure(m): 8:50am On Jun 26, 2021
merryossai:
Later someone will be lamenting why Dele Alli and Saka etc. refuse to represent Nigeria? ...if na you, you go play for this country? Before u rush n answer, consider the level of audio reward and lackadaisical approach meted out to our previous sport heroes by our leaders.

You always confuse issues. Athletes yes must be compensated but footballers are they playing free for Nigeria? They get paid dollars for each day they took off their clubs full time employment.!

U mentioend Dele and Saka, what about Tammy and Fikayo that wreak their own international football career.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by almarthins(m): 8:59am On Jun 26, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Nigerian leaders are so shameless, always shifting the goal post so as to avoid fufiling their promises. I remember this man during his days as Lagos State governor, always burning traders goods on Yaba rail way, made lives miserable for them, yet he couldn't honour a promise he made to someone that made the nation proud.

The purging has started already, the old shall pass away and a new Nigeria is already here.

This I have seen.

I no dey forget that name " olagusoye oyinlola" him and the former military administrator "Raji rasaki". Two unfortunate ruler supported by oba of Lagos. this pple should be quiet because Dem no do any thing worth mentioning.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by authority2006(m): 9:04am On Jun 26, 2021
Pavore9:
“I hosted the Nigerian contingent to the 1996 Olympic games at the National Stadium, Lagos on Saturday August 10, 1996. At the event, I announced the donation, by the Lagos State Government, of one plot of land in Lekki to each of Chioma Ajunwa, Falilat Ogunkoya, Mary Onyali, Duncan Dokiwari, Fatima Yusuf, Charity Opara and 18 members of the Under-23 soccer team",......Did Chioma Ajunwa and others get their Lekki plot of land?

Actually, I clicked on this thread to read where he said that he fulfilled the promise of the said land for the 24 of them and two flats he said he promised the duo. But alaye didn't say anything about fulfilling it
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Tareq1105: 9:05am On Jun 26, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Did they get the land?.. Not just your promise

The information out there is that Chioma Ajunwa represented Nigeria and not Lagos State at the Olympic.

Meaning that she won Gold for Nigeria and not Lagos State.

Yes, a one time Gov of Lagos State made a pledge but couldn't fulfill it till he was replaced few months after by Brig Buba Marwa.

Since govt is a continuous thing, Marwa should have done it.

Why blaming him?

He made a promise in August and he was replaced on October 1st.

What do you want him to do? To force himself to continue in office?

Was the Gold and medals won for him?

What stopped the home state Gov of Chioma Ajunwa from doing it?

Plz let's be honest and objective here.

Was it not after SanwoOlu honoured Ajunwa that Fed govt suddenly remembered the 1994 team that won African Nations Cup? That's Federal Government o.

Obviously there wasn't time for him to fulfill those promises.

No children of hate should come here to create enmity between our illustrious sons please.

Yorubas remain the most hospitable tribe in Nigeria. We shall give Green Card, like US, to all non Yorubas in our new Oduduwa Republic.

We accommodate people irrespective of their tribes or religious beliefs. You can't be that accommodated everywhere.

I'm proud to be a Yoruba man.

Well done Olagunsoye Oyinlola, time did not permit you to make it a reality.

Well done our amiable Gov Sanwo Olu for fulfilling the promise.

Awon Ojulowo omo Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 9:05am On Jun 26, 2021
Wickedtruths:

Mention any event where Chioma Ajunwa represented Lagos.

Also, give me 1 reason why all your Igbo leaders both living and dead have refused to honor Chioma Ajunwa.

Whether you accept it or not, Chioma represented Lagos before winning the Olympic gold.
She has been honoured in the East after her victory, with many rewards, chieftancy titles, a stadium named after her. She is on the board of athletic organization in the East. The East has given to her and she has been giving back to the East.

Your Lagos governor made a promise 25yrs ago and just redeemed it. That was his personal promise and has nothing to do with Igbos.

Spare me the crap.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by authority2006(m): 9:07am On Jun 26, 2021
Evergreen4:
So why didn't you fulfill the promise then?

I guess there was no more land in Lekki in 1993. Lol
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:07am On Jun 26, 2021
If all the governors in South west can be like Makinde & Sanwo-olu, so many speakable achievements would be recorded within 8years in this region.
My state, Ogun have been besotted with do-nothing jokers since the inception of Democracy.
It breaks my heart.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by neighbourhud: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2021
These people will never change...

You failed and someone else came to help you pack the shit after 25yrs, you wore a primitive ankara to come and defend your failure. undecided

Who advices these people sef? undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 9:09am On Jun 26, 2021
Wickedtruths:

You see why I said you are ingrates. So, she must beg before she's given a house. A national hero must beg before she's honoured. You sir, are very stupid.
You lot lack emotional intelligence.

She didn't beg for a house, she worked hard for her gold medal, your governor liked her performance and made the promise which another person redeemed for him.

You are the one that lacks tact and comprehension skills.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by chrisvic007: 9:10am On Jun 26, 2021
Freestainworld:
fake promises, you are talking now because another governor fulfilled your promises.

He is correcting the mistake made by a foolish governor. He promised them land and not a house

Maybe we should start considering what Ambode said about sanwoolu's mental health status. How can you give a house worth more than 30 million Naira to a non Lagosian for winning a medal for Nigeria?

I think it is a foolish back bending to please a group of people that are not appreciative. Like I said in a thread earlier, the Igbo will still vote against his second term bid.

Useless man.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Hendtime: 9:21am On Jun 26, 2021
Ayemileto:

Colonel Oyinlola was governor of Lagos from December 1993 – August 1996. The Olympic Games in Atlanta ended on August 4th, 1996.

This was on the very top of the article, and from the article, he made the announcement on August 10.

A check on Wikipedia shows he left (or was removed from) office on August 22.

That means he left office 11 or 12 days after making the promise (depending on the time on August 10 he made the promise and the time he left office on August 22)

So, for people asking why he didn't fulfill the promise, I think it might be due to time.

He might not be expecting to leave office at the time he did, so probably didn't haste the fulfillment of the promise.
This is what many people fail to realize. Colonel Buba Marwa should have fulfilled the promise but he left that for whatever reason known to him. Continuing the past govt. Projects has been the biggest headache for our leaders. Government is in continuum is only in our text books not on our minds. Oyinlola was never to be blamed but Marwa, Tinubu, Fashola, and Ambode those who have been governors after Oyinlola. None of them can say that they were not aware of the promise made by their predecessor (Oyinlola).

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Hendtime: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:

She didn't beg for a house, she worked hard for her gold medal, your governor liked her performance and made the promise which another person redeemed for him.

Nobody is saying that she begged for a house, the problem is with those who believed that Oyinlola was to blame for the Olympics participants not getting what they were promise. Oyinlola was removed as governor about 10 days after he made the promise, Buba Marwa, Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode has been governors before Sanwo-Olu, none of them dim it fit to carry out the promise. They seem to have treated the promise as a promise by Oyinlola and not that of Lagos state and this is very wrong
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Towersport(m): 9:27am On Jun 26, 2021
sonofanarchy:
thief

Bro dey chillax o!
You've never heard of cheats?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 9:30am On Jun 26, 2021
Hendtime:

Nobody is saying that she begged for a house, the problem is with those who believed that Oyinlola was to blame for the Olympics participants not getting what they were promise. Oyinlola was removed as governor about 10 days after he made the promise, Buba Marwa, Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode has been governors before Sanwo-Olu, none of them dim it fit to carry out the promise. They seem to have treated the promise as a promise by Oyinlola and not that of Lagos state and this is very wrong

My comment was for the person that quoted me. It was a Lagos govt promise that was redeemed. Not a SW vs SE issue like some are regurgitating on this thread.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Tareq1105: 9:32am On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:

Whether you accept it or not, Chioma represented Lagos before winning the Olympic gold.
She has been honoured in the East after her victory, with many rewards, chieftancy titles, a stadium named after her. She is on the board of athletic organization in the East. The East has given to her and she has been giving back to the East.

Your Lagos governor made a promise 25yrs ago and just redeemed it. That was his personal promise and has nothing to do with Igbos.

Spare me the crap.

Listen to yourself, a Police Officer represented Lagos State. At what competition? Tell us the competition.

Rewards:

Board: Which Board of Athletics organization in the East? My friend there's no such board anywhere in the East. My Remark: No such Board

Chieftaincy Title: is even wrong if you don't know. Public officers are barred from taking traditional title. My Remark: Nigerians are aware of this.

Stadium: Please tell us the stadium and the location. My Remark: It doesn't exist Liar

Is that all she got in the East?

You guys should not take things for granted. Show appreciation when you're honoured and stop displaying hatred. It's coming too late after 25yrs, stupid man who could not fulfill his promise, only 3 bedroom, she deserves duplex etc

Nonsense!
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by juman(m): 9:32am On Jun 26, 2021
Hendtime:

This is what many people fail to realize. Colonel Buba Marwa should have fulfilled the promise but he left that for whatever reason known to him. Continuing the past govt. Projects has been the biggest headache for our leaders. Government is in continuum is only in our text books not on our minds. Oyinlola was never to be blamed but Marwa, Tinubu, Fashola, and Ambode those who have been governors after Oyinlola. None of them can say that they were not aware of the promise made by their predecessor (Oyinlola).

I made it clear that the 24 plots of land were complete with all the titles. Did Ajunwa get that plot of land? How about the others?"

Oyinlola said the above.

So how long does it take to handover such documents to the athletes?
That could have been done within a day.

He was not good governor.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by subcbouy: 9:35am On Jun 26, 2021
Ayemileto:

Colonel Oyinlola was governor of Lagos from December 1993 – August 1996. The Olympic Games in Atlanta ended on August 4th, 1996.

This was on the very top of the article, and from the article, he announced on August 10.

That means he left office 11 or 12 days after making the promise (depending on the time on August 10 he made the promise and the time he left office on August 22)

So, for people asking why he didn't fulfill the promise, I think it might be due to time.

He might not be expecting to leave the office at the time he did, so probably didn't haste the fulfillment of the promise.
What is a parcel of land that you have to wait for weeks to issue.?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:38am On Jun 26, 2021
Freestainworld:
fake promises, you are talking now because another governor fulfilled your promises.

If say d man fit see this ur comment, him suppose go commit suicide...

What a word. embarassed
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Femeto: 9:40am On Jun 26, 2021
Oyinlola is shameless.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by fredoooooo: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2021
Did you give him the land sir ?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2021
Tareq1105:

Listen to yourself, a Police Officer represented Lagos State. At what competition? Tell us the competition.

Rewards:

Board: Which Board of Athletics organization in the East? My friend there's no such board anywhere in the East. My Remark: No such Board

Chieftaincy Title: is even wrong if you don't know. Public officers are barred from taking traditional title. My Remark: Nigerians are aware of this.

Stadium: Please tell us the stadium and the location. My Remark: It doesn't exist Liar

Is that all she got in the East?

You guys should not take things for granted. Show appreciation when you're honoured and stop displaying hatred. It's coming too late after 25yrs, stupid man who could not fulfill his promise, only 3 bedroom, she deserves duplex etc

Nonsense!

Why don't you research these things I listed before calling me a liar. Why are some of you quick to accuse people of lying when you can always google and get clarification.

I have no business with what Chioma got. It has nothing to do with myself and other Igbos so what sort of appreciation do you want me to show.
She represented Nigeria at an international event with a beautiful performance and the Lagos govt of the day made promises to her which was redeemed after 25yrs. It has nothing to do with me.
I'm sure Chioma has appreciated them.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Reference(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2021
Ayemileto:

This was on the very top of the article, and from the article, he made the announcement on August 10.

He might not be expecting to leave office at the time he did, so probably didn't haste the fulfillment of the promise.

Sound thinking. Not the ranting of dolts who cannot comprehend details and cannot assimilate history. He was a military administrator at a time of great uncertainties and difficulties around Nigeria, the Abacha led Federal Government and the Nigerian military.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Tareq1105: 9:47am On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:

Yes, she worked hard for her gold medal for Nigeria and not for Lagos State.

You guys never appreciate things and you can never be pleased even in the political calculus of Nigeria.

He made a promise on 4th August and he was replaced on 22nd August.

What do you want him to do?

You guys talk as if you could have done it better but we know you couldn't have done anything near good.

We wouldn't allow you guys to cause disaffection amongst our illustrious sons like Oyinlola, Tinubu, Fasola, Ambode, and Sanwo Olu.

Plz take your hatred to another platform.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Tareq1105: 9:53am On Jun 26, 2021
fredoooooo:
Did you give him the land sir ?

He couldn't have given out the Land between 4th August (when he made the promise) and 22nd August (when Abacha suddenly removed him).

Have I answered your question?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by dovies: 9:54am On Jun 26, 2021
So where is the land sir? Or are there no more lands in Lagos state?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 9:56am On Jun 26, 2021
Tareq1105:

Yes, she worked hard for her gold medal for Nigeria and not for Lagos State.

You guys never appreciate things and you can never be pleased even in the political calculus of Nigeria.

He made a promise on 4th August and he was replaced on 22nd August.

What do you want him to do?

You guys talk as if you could have done it better but we know you couldn't have done anything near good.

We wouldn't allow you guys to cause disaffection amongst our illustrious sons like Oyinlola, Tinubu, Fasola, Ambode, and Sanwo Olu.

Plz take your hatred to another platform.

Did you even read through my comment?
I'm against those making this a SW Vs SE issue. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Igbos and Yorubas.
A brilliant athlete worked for her medal and was promised a land/house by the Lagos govt. Fine. This has nothing to do with Igbos.
I have nothing against Oyinola and your other 'illustrious' sons. I don't care about them.

This thread should be treated as rewarding excellent Nigerian athletes that has made Nigeria proud, anybody bringing in ethnic colouration is a fool.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Tareq1105: 9:56am On Jun 26, 2021
dovies:
So where is the land sir? Or are there no more lands in Lagos state?

Land has been replaced with a 3 bedroom apartment.

Doesn't it worth it?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by budusky05(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2021
Useless man, why didn't u give her the land then if that is true? Hate and tribalism will kill so many people.

Maybe lagos state did not have land then. fool
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by fluteman: 10:04am On Jun 26, 2021
Gbagura:
My igbo friend. Always passionate about everything that revolves around his igbo tribe but still come openly to deny them.
He is using the PrinceofLagos moniker as a weapon in an imaginary cold proxy online war against yorubas....he would have multiple identities registered with yoruba names to go against anything in their interest ...
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Tareq1105: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:

Did you even read through my comment?
I'm against those making this a SW Vs SE issue. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Igbos and Yorubas.
A brilliant athlete worked for her medal and was promised a land/house by the Lagos govt. Fine. This has nothing to do with Igbos.
I have nothing against Oyinola and your other 'illustrious' sons. I don't care about them.

This thread should be treated as rewarding excellent Nigerian athletes that has made Nigeria proud, anybody bringing in ethnic colouration is a fool.

Well some guys turned it to ethnic issue. Why insulting the man who made the promise?

He had no time to fulfill it bcoz of his removal but they kept insulting him just bcoz they have data. How could he have done it within 18days?

Glory be to God Chioma Ajunwa is very much alive to collect her deserved prize.

We should appreciate the Lagos State government and not to start insulting his predecessors. At least someone has done it.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Ever8090: 10:15am On Jun 26, 2021
Ceenachi:
Did you fulfil your land promise, Sir?
You failed her, like others like you do, Simple.
Kudos to the present Lagos state administration led by Sanwo-Olu. And congratulations to the recipient.
I am sure it is on record that the land has been giving to them while the Governor have converted it for himself..
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 10:19am On Jun 26, 2021
Tareq1105:

Well some guys turned it to ethnic issue. Why insulting the man who made the promise?

He had no time to fulfill it bcoz of his removal but they kept insulting him just bcoz they have data. How could he have done it within 18days?

Glory be to God Chioma Ajunwa is very much alive to collect her deserved prize.

We should appreciate the Lagos State government and not to start insulting his predecessors. At least someone has done it.

Some guys turned it into an ethnic issue not myself and not other Igbos
Some people were insulting him because it was just redeemed by another person after 25, and there is nothing to show that those doing that are Igbos. It is a Nigerian thing to abuse people they feel didn't redemn their promises on time.

All the people I was quoting because of their bigoted comments are all Yorubas.

Like I mentioned, this is a Lagos govt Vs the athlete issue not a tribal stuff and I have no problems with Oyinola.

Forward your complaints to the people that annoyed you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Barclays Premier League Live Scores-http://ng.supersport.mobi/default.aspx / Mikel Obi And Olga Diyachenko Celebrate Five Years Of Relationship / Tyson Fury To Anthony Joshua: “if You Make It Pass 3rd Round I’ll Quit”(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.