Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. (4535 Views)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife / Single Hood Certificate For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by mariahAngel(f): 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
crackhaus:

Lmao...

The man wey go marry you will have a lot of work cut out for him ehn.
If you don't nag him to death, nothing else will be able to kill him in this world. cheesy

I fit do pass op wife make I no lie!

...but I'm reasonable and understanding sha.
If I nag, it's for your own good.

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by olabrinks(f): 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2021
AngelicDamsel:
Will you be happy if your wife hangs out with her friends till 11pm, all in the name of hangouts. Op, let's face the fact, most women would react the same way your wife did.

What were you expecting? just come home that late and she should pat your back for a job well done.

Hangout, hangout.....Naso e dey start!

Apologize to your wife for such an irresponsible act. You owe her an apology, seriously!

I know many men who respect their wives and would not stay up late for whatever reason. You see them rushing home to honour their matrimonial obligation.

11pm.......... is irresponsible.

That's why small girls slaughter them like chicken.
its not like the man comes back home every night at 11pm for goodness sake it’s a one off thing occasionally. Let that man have his life, my husband comes back at 3am sef sometimes, I don’t give a damn I want the man to live his life and I live mine. I don’t want to feel like I’m in a cage all because of one marriage, what is it sef? Are married couples supposed to be tied with rope to always be together? Na wa oh.

12 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by crackhaus: 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

I fit do pass op wife make I no lie

...but I'm reasonable and understanding sha.
If I nag, it's for your own good.

gringrin
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
Growing up, one of the things I loved most was seeing my Dad hang out with his friends. They would come over to the house, drink beer (lol), talk loudly about sports, Nigerian issues, etc; while my mom would cook lots of food for them to eat. I loved seeing men, whether married or single, spend time with each other, gisting or cracking each other up. Men need each other the same way women do.

destiny4luv:
My wife called me to know when I will be home because I don't stay out late at most 7:30 or 8:00pm am home, but as at yesterday some minutes past 9:00pm my wife called me to know where I was and when I will be home; I told her am with my pals that I will be coming home late, she can go to bed without waiting up.

Myself and my friends really had good time together, discuss a lot and celebrated each other. And after everything we all parted ways and before I got home was some minutes past 11:00pm thinking my wife will be asleep by then since I told her not to wait up. Lo and behold I got home open the door and saw my wife sitting in the sitting room with so much hanger on her facial expression,
Left to me, you did nothing wrong, especially if you never stay out past 8pm and you only did this one-time because you were having a get-together with your buddies [whom you rarely get the chance to see due to your busy lives and schedules]. I would be thrilled to see you spend time with your friends after so long.
You should be allowed to have a life.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Hathor5(f): 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
Yxwqq:
Growing up, one of the things I loved most was seeing my Dad hang out with his friends. They would come over to the house, drink beer (lol), talk loudly about sports, Nigerian issues, etc; while my mom would cook lots of food for them to eat. I love seeing men, whether married or single, spend time with each other, gisting or cracking each other up. Men need each other the same way women do.

Exactly! It is also unhealthy to place all your needs on one person, your spouse. There are things a woman/man can't give you. There is something called girl's talk for a reason. Some of the things me and my girls like to do is not what our spouses enjoy and vice versa.

Left to me, you did nothing wrong, especially if you never stay out past 8pm and you only did this one-time because you were having a get-together with your buddies [whom you rarely get the chance to see due to your busy lives and schedules]. I would be thrilled to see you spend time with your friends after so long.
You should be allowed to have a life.

How can I like this part 10 times?

The wife has a responsible spouse and can't be happy for him when he spends time with his buddies once in a while? How insecure can you be and how empty is your own life?

I would miss single life too if I were OP.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Karleb(m): 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
What about we that enters our parent house by 11pm? How are we not being accused of cheating on our parents?

Na the OP Bleep up sha. Nothing wrong with coming home late once a while for a young man, married or not. If you don't do that now, a time is coming you're going to be too old for that.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by JovialJune(f): 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Always remember the SUPER TV CEO Incase you are thinking something else.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by JovialJune(f): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
Karleb:
What about we that enters our parent house by 11pm? How are we not being accused of cheating on our parents?

Na the OP Bleep up sha. Nothing wrong with coming home late once a while for a young man, married or not. If you don't do that now, a time is coming you're going to be too old for that.

Staying out late in your parent's house shows the type of upbringing and home training you had/have.

A married man that stays outside late will one day entertain the thought of having a side hen, fact.

And what you guys can't condone, don't do to others, how will you feel if your wife comes home late every night cos she's hanging out with friends? Won't you at a point have negative thoughts on what they do that late at night? Would you even allow it?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Octopusssy(f): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rozcol:
You are a confused married man and no responsible man stay out that long for no justifiable reason and expect to be welcomed with an open mind by his wife,you are selfish and manipulative,obviously you wife has fallen deep into your manipulative prowess. Remember Chidinma and Usifos case ooo in case you want to be a sugar daddy.
Aunty did you read the post at all??

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Karleb(m): 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
JovialJune:

Staying out late in your parent's house shows the type of upbringing and home training you had/have.

A married man that stays outside late will one day entertain the thought of having a side hen, fact.

And what you guys can't condone, don't do to others, how will you feel if your wife comes home late every night cos she's hanging out with friends? Won't you at a point have negative thoughts on what they do that late at night? Would you even allow it?

Your first paragraph shows you are both ignorant and foolish.

There are people who have multiple concubines who don't come home late. I'm talking about both genders here.

Coming home late once a while is okay, so long you have a tangible reason.

Who is stopping you from coming home late?

Many of you who spill fire and brimstone here are obviously not married or not a good fit for marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by GboyegaD(m): 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
JovialJune:

How did the society breed insecure people like this? Since when did marriage become a cage. A man that will chat need not come home late to achieve that.

Did you read the post that he came back late this one time?

5 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
mariahAngel:
Op, your wife loves you very much.
No woman who loves her husband will go to sleep while her husband is still out so late at night.
So, however your wife reacted, it was out of love. She was being protective of you.

The moment you came home late to her, she was no longer your wife, but your mother.
If she hadn't scolded you, she wouldn't have been calm, so don't take it to heart.
She loves you very much. And was probably a bit jealous that you chose to stay out so late to hang with friends instead of her, while she missed you.
Did you at least get her something on your way back to pacify her?

I brought babique and pepper soup home that's what we ate after resolving our conflicts and made sweet love before going to bed. Marriage is fun when u with ur soul mate, friend and caretaker.

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by mariahAngel(f): 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
destiny4luv:

I brought babique and pepper soup home that's what we ate after resolving our conflicts and made sweet love before going to bed. Marriage is fun when u with ur soul mate, friend and caretaker.

Hahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Ooooooooooooooooshey!

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by JovialJune(f): 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
GboyegaD:

How did the society breed insecure people like this? Since when did marriage become a cage. A man that will chat need not come home late to achieve that.

What has insecurity got to do with that? Must you guys stay out late cos you want to have fun with your friends? Can't you limit it to a time that will be suitable and convenient for your spouse and family like at 8pm? Must your fun of drinking, smoking and whatnot be a late hour? Even if a man can cheat regardless of the time, day, or hour, must you prove a baseless point by staying out late? Have fun with your kids and wife, spice it up by going to fun places and vacation with them, or limit your hanging out with your friends to 8pm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Klass99(f): 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Ooooooooooooooooshey!

U are just too much.......... Beta pikin

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by JovialJune(f): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
Karleb:

There are people who have multiple concubines who don't come home late. I'm talking about both genders here.

Many of you who spill fire and brimstone here are obviously not married or not a good fit for marriage.

You are the foolish and ignorant one

Except you want to kid yourself or be smart by quarter, the probability of guys who stay out late having side hens is very much higher than those who don't, what time does the Chidimma/Ataga type come out for their work, during the day?

Fine, make sure you allow your wife have a blissful night life, she deserves it

You that is fit for marriage we've seen how blissful it is for you, you're still squatting with your parents and you have the audacity to yapp about, nsidime.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Octopusssy(f): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
Karleb:

Lol. Are you just knowing?
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Octopusssy(f): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
GboyegaD:

The person you're quoting is a spinster who knows how to give detailed analysis on how a marriage should be run. Don't even bother responding to their crap

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by GboyegaD(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
JovialJune:

What has insecurity got to do with that? Must you guys stay out late cos you want to have fun with your friends? Can't you limit it to a time that will be suitable and convenient for your spouse and family like at 8pm? Must your fun of drinking, smoking and whatnot be a late hour? Even if a man can cheat regardless of the time, day, or hour, must you prove a baseless point by staying out late? Have fun with your kids and wife, spice it up by going to fun places and vacation with them, or limit your hanging out with your friends to 8pm.

Aunty, marriage has never been a cage and never will. There's no crime in night hangouts irrespective of gender. If my wife and her friends are going to hang out, I will babysit. Marriage is meant to enhance and not stifle life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by GboyegaD(m): 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
Octopusssy:

The person you're quoting is a spinster who knows how to give detailed analysis on how a marriage should be run. Don't even bother responding to their crap

I was just sharing with her. Marriage is great but I sincerely wonder why many on NL make it sound like it's gloomy. Sometimes, I wonder if people did not grow up in homes or they think marriage is a fantasy where there are no efforts on both parties to make it work.

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Rubbiish(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
mariahAngel:
Op, your wife loves you very much.
No woman who loves her husband will go to sleep while her husband is still out so late at night.
So, however your wife reacted, it was out of love. She was being protective of you.

The moment you came home late to her, she was no longer your wife, but your mother.
If she hadn't scolded you, she wouldn't have been calm, so don't take it to heart.
She loves you very much. And was probably a bit jealous that you chose to stay out so late to hang with friends instead of her, while she missed you.
Did you at least get her something on your way back to pacify her?
cc destiny4luv
The bold is what happened
95% of women will act the way your wife did, unless the feeling is no longer there! she acted out of jealousy & needed your assurance she is still the number one in your life, nothing more! So no think am...

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by JovialJune(f): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
GboyegaD:

Aunty, marriage has never been a cage and never will. There's no crime in night hangouts irrespective of gender. If my wife and her friends are going to hang out, I will babysit. Marriage is meant to enhance and not stifle life.

Uncle, how is not having a night life a cage? Can't you have fun without staying out late?

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by JovialJune(f): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
Octopusssy:

Madam, you can ass eat in pieces without referring to me, even the person you are buttdripping has sense more than you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Karleb(m): 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
JovialJune:

You are the foolish and ignorant one

Except you want to kid yourself or be smart by quarter, the probability of guys who stay out late having side hens is very much higher than those who don't, what time does the Chidimma/Ataga type come out for their work, during the day?

Fine, make sure you allow your wife have a blissful night life, she deserves it

You that is fit for marriage we've seen how blissful it is for you, you're still squatting with your parents and you have the audacity to yapp about, nsidime.

If you are smart, you'd know you cannot squat in your parents house. You'd also understand staying with your parent doesn't mean you don't have or can't afford a place of your own.

If you think all sexcapdes happen at night then you must be from the village.

Lastly, if my post doesn't refer to you, next time, don't quote.

Douchebag.

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Hathor5(f): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
GboyegaD:

That's my belief too.

Your wife is a lucky woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by GboyegaD(m): 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hathor5:

That's my belief too.

Your wife is a lucky woman.

I would say we both are lucky. We both share similar understanding of a marriage and home. I think this is one key thing that is really helping us.

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by GboyegaD(m): 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
JovialJune:

Uncle, how is not having a night life a cage? Can't you have fun without staying out late?

Fun is meant to be after working hours. We wouldn't spend productive hours socializing. Don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hathor5:

Exactly! It is also unhealthy to place all your needs on one person, your spouse. There are things a woman/man can't give you. There is something called girl's talk for a reason. Some of the things me and my girls like to do is not what our spouses enjoy and vice versa.
Right on. That's why 'healthy space' is one of the keys to a lasting relationship or marriage. In marriage, there's a joint-identity that occurs, which is expected, but at the same time it's healthy for each individual to have their own hobbies, friends, and time for self. It encourages each to maintain their own sense of identity [something you're not supposed to lose after marriage] while still being a couple, and it fosters independence and strength rather than neediness and clinginess. It also keeps the marriage interesting, fresh, because you're not spending every waking moment together but have time to develop yourselves, hence by the time you're back together you've things to share and teach each other, rather than staring at the walls, watching the clock tick.

Hathor5:

How can I like this part 10 times?

The wife has a responsible spouse and can't be happy for him when he spends time with his buddies once in a while? How insecure can you be and how empty is your own life?

I would miss single life too if I were OP.
Yup, OP's a responsible husband and hasn't given the wife any reason to be insecure or not trust him. It's possible the wife has an unhealthy attachment style. I know he said they've made up but I hope he's free enough to start doing this once in a while without the fear of getting his wife angry.

If I've a spouse of 11-years who always gets back home from work by "7:30 or 8pm"
and whose daily routine revolves around work and home, I would be appreciative, but at the same time I would start finding activities for him to get involved in outside the house [say, a men's soccer or baseball team or something, depending on the time of year] or calling up his married friends and trying to set up a get-together for him to attend. These would not only be important to his wellbeing as a man, but would enhance the marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by wunmi590(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2021

I work in Lagos and stay in my family house while my wife works in abeokuta with my daughter, once I enter, nah sleep get me....

Once I go home every weekend to my family in abeokuta, nah inside get me unless we are going out togther, if not, I'm always indoor till I carry myself travel back to Lagos as early as 5am again...

OP, has not done anything wrong to warrant his wife raising her suspicious voice, since he doesn't do that often.....

Nah some woman whala be that, and thank God you have a woman who understand the real meaning of peace, so she immediately apologised.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Yxwqq:
Right on. That's why 'healthy space' is one of the keys to a lasting relationship or marriage. In marriage, there's a joint-identity that occurs, which is expected, but at the same time it's healthy for each individual to have their own hobbies, friends, and time for self. It encourages each to maintain their own sense of identity [something you're not supposed to lose after marriage] while still being a couple, and it fosters independence and strength rather than neediness and clinginess. It also keeps the marriage interesting, fresh, because you're not spending every waking moment together but have time to develop yourselves, hence by the time you're back together you've things to share and teach each other, rather than staring at the walls, watching the clock tick.

Yup, OP's a responsible husband and hasn't given the wife any reason to be insecure or not trust him. It's possible the wife has an unhealthy attachment style. I know he said they've made up but I hope he's free enough to start doing this once in a while without the fear of getting his wife angry.

If I've a spouse of 11-years who always gets back home from work by "7:30 or 8pm"
and whose daily routine revolve around work and home, I would be appreciative, but at the same time I would start finding activities for him to get involved in outside the house [say, a men's soccer or baseball team or something, depending on the time of year] or calling up his married friends and trying to set up a get-together for him to attend. These would not only be important to his wellbeing as a man, but would enhance the marriage.

Good talk, so matured and reasonable. Anyways my life does not just revolved around just work and home only "aba, u wan kill person, how I go just put myself for cage because of marriage" I have other fun activities outside work and home and on Sunday's especially is a steady flexing with my family and hook up with neighbor's around and family get together. I be flexing husband oh no dulling at all oh...

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Nobody: 2:08am On Jun 28, 2021
destiny4luv:

Good talk, so matured and reasonable. Anyways my life does not just revolved around just work and home only "aba, u wan kill person, how I go just put myself for cage because of marriage" I have other fun activities outside work and home and on Sunday's especially is a steady flexing with my family and hook up with neighbor's around and family get together. I be flexing husband oh no dulling at all oh...
Thanks.

Awesome! I wish you and your wife all the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babashola Rhodes / thanks evry1. / Mum, 32, Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She Gave Birth On The Toilet (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.