Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:01 AM

Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. (4527 Views)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife / Single Hood Certificate For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Gloriagee(f): 3:49am On Jun 28, 2021
So is wifey still hangry? grin

No hit am, u hear at least she still cares
destiny4luv:

Lo and behold I got home open the door and saw my wife sitting in the sitting room with so much hanger on her facial expression, I was surprised she was still awake after Ieting her know I will be coming home late. The next thing she does was greeted me with annoying toon, took my bag from me angrily and took it to d bedroom which she always does when I returned from work. I know she was hangry but I didn't expect her to be angry at all, so I went to d room straight to the bathroom and took my bath.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2021
Gloriagee:
So is wifey still hangry? grin

No hit am, u hear at least she still cares

No wifey is no longer angry, we settled our differences that same night. No matter what I won’t lay hands on my wife (my diamond perere) as I normally call her. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Gloriagee(f): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2021
Great to know. Take time out to create memories with your diamond perere

destiny4luv:

No wifey is no longer angry, we settled our differences that same night. No matter what I won’t lay hands on my wife (my diamond perere) as I normally call her. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by drmikeadams(m): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
destiny4luv:
I have been married for 11 years now with beautiful and lovely two daughters. I do love my family with the whole of my heart, they are my world and pride and I bless God for His provision, Grace and love upon us as a family all these years.

The reason I am writing this is because most times I really do miss those single days as a bachelor. Back then I can hang out with my pals in the club especially on weekends and have the best of fun without any thoughts of worrying/rushing home to be with the family. The feeling is so breath taking (un-imaginable), the only thing u think of is just urself and urself alone, do whatever u want to do and go wherever u want to go just like a bird in the air no restrictions. But as a family man all those privileges are gone and gone for good.

My reason for writing this "sometimes I miss single hood" was because my wife got me so upset last night that she almost made me hit her but I didn't (though she has apologize) and I have forgiven her. I was hanging out with some of my friends and colleagues yesterday and it's really been long we had such gathering/fun since everyone is now married with family and responsibilities. My wife called me to know when I will be home because I don't stay out late at most 7:30 or 8:00pm am home, but as at yesterday some minutes past 9:00pm my wife called me to know where I was and when I will be home; I told her am with my pals that I will be coming home late, she can go to bed without waiting up.

Myself and my friends really had good time together, discuss a lot and celebrated each other. And after everything we all parted ways and before I got home was some minutes past 11:00pm thinking my wife will be asleep by then since I told her not to wait up. Lo and behold I got home open the door and saw my wife sitting in the sitting room with so much hanger on her facial expression, I was surprised she was still awake after Ieting her know I will be coming home late. The next thing she does was greeted me with annoying toon, took my bag from me angrily and took it to d bedroom which she always does when I returned from work. I know she was hangry but I didn't expect her to be angry at all, so I went to d room straight to the bathroom and took my bath.

When I was through bathing, I went to Check on my kids in their room they where far asleep, I just gave them good night peck and straight to the sitting room. Normally we always stay together in the sitting room play have fun and watch some family TV shows together before bed time. I was listening to some cool jams on TV because I was a little bit tipsy after the hang out I just wanted to listen to some soft and easy jamz to calm me down before going to bed. While relaxing my wife came from the room and started yelling at me saying I have gotten a new girl outside and planning to destroy our Union. Sincerely speaking I was shocked and disappointed at her shallow reasoning never expected such from her. I thought she was on something (drugs) but she wasn't and she has never been on such before.

After all her yelling and accusations which I allowed her to express herself (though I was almost tempted to hit her but I restrain myself) l asked her if she was through with her accusations but she didn't respond. I told her that I am truly disappointed in her for her foolish and childish behavior/reason. Truth be told I haven't cheated on my wife sine we got married and I don't plan or intend to do that. After talking some sense into her she started crying and apologized which I truly forgave her. All she needs was just that trust and confidence from her man no matter what and which I gave to her.

Sorry for the long write up, all am trying to say is there is joy in single hood and a more greater joy in being married with family, believe me am speaking from experience. As a single guy/lady enjoy ur single hood because that's all u have got now, because when u are married all that will be left will just be memories of good old single days. But trust me u will enjoy martial life more especially when u are married to ur soulmate. Though sometimes u will miss the good old days of single hood which is normal, but it is nothing to be compared with a happily built home.
grin grin

Am taking my time bro...

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Raalsalghul: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2021
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

If na island you dey work while living on the mainland and madam get better work, she wouldnt have put as much drama up.
Meanwhile, you guys should embrace your normal biko and agree on a little abnormal here and there. It gets really boring when everything is all about normal....biko encourage her to pursue some of her hobbies too. Good luck o.

Bad mouth! cheesy
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Raalsalghul: 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2021
Octopusssy:

Aunty did you read the post at all??

That one get fishbrain.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by AutoChick4U(f): 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2021
Skyfornia:
Your wife henceforth should be your best friend and hangout paddy...even though once in a while you can also hang out with friends.
What of d kids?

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by DonroxyII: 4:01am On Jun 30, 2021
destiny4luv:
I have been married for 11 years now with beautiful and lovely two daughters. I do love my family with the whole of my heart, they are my world and pride and I bless God for His provision, Grace and love upon us as a family all these years.

The reason I am writing this is because most times I really do miss those single days as a bachelor. Back then I can hang out with my pals in the club especially on weekends and have the best of fun without any thoughts of worrying/rushing home to be with the family. The feeling is so breath taking (un-imaginable), the only thing u think of is just urself and urself alone, do whatever u want to do and go wherever u want to go just like a bird in the air no restrictions. But as a family man all those privileges are gone and gone for good.

My reason for writing this "sometimes I miss single hood" was because my wife got me so upset last night that she almost made me hit her but I didn't (though she has apologize) and I have forgiven her. I was hanging out with some of my friends and colleagues yesterday and it's really been long we had such gathering/fun since everyone is now married with family and responsibilities. My wife called me to know when I will be home because I don't stay out late at most 7:30 or 8:00pm am home, but as at yesterday some minutes past 9:00pm my wife called me to know where I was and when I will be home; I told her am with my pals that I will be coming home late, she can go to bed without waiting up.

Myself and my friends really had good time together, discuss a lot and celebrated each other. And after everything we all parted ways and before I got home was some minutes past 11:00pm thinking my wife will be asleep by then since I told her not to wait up. Lo and behold I got home open the door and saw my wife sitting in the sitting room with so much hanger on her facial expression, I was surprised she was still awake after Ieting her know I will be coming home late. The next thing she does was greeted me with annoying toon, took my bag from me angrily and took it to d bedroom which she always does when I returned from work. I know she was hangry but I didn't expect her to be angry at all, so I went to d room straight to the bathroom and took my bath.

When I was through bathing, I went to Check on my kids in their room they where far asleep, I just gave them good night peck and straight to the sitting room. Normally we always stay together in the sitting room play have fun and watch some family TV shows together before bed time. I was listening to some cool jams on TV because I was a little bit tipsy after the hang out I just wanted to listen to some soft and easy jamz to calm me down before going to bed. While relaxing my wife came from the room and started yelling at me saying I have gotten a new girl outside and planning to destroy our Union. Sincerely speaking I was shocked and disappointed at her shallow reasoning never expected such from her. I thought she was on something (drugs) but she wasn't and she has never been on such before.

After all her yelling and accusations which I allowed her to express herself (though I was almost tempted to hit her but I restrain myself) l asked her if she was through with her accusations but she didn't respond. I told her that I am truly disappointed in her for her foolish and childish behavior/reason. Truth be told I haven't cheated on my wife sine we got married and I don't plan or intend to do that. After talking some sense into her she started crying and apologized which I truly forgave her. All she needs was just that trust and confidence from her man no matter what and which I gave to her.

Sorry for the long write up, all am trying to say is there is joy in single hood and a more greater joy in being married with family, believe me am speaking from experience. As a single guy/lady enjoy ur single hood because that's all u have got now, because when u are married all that will be left will just be memories of good old single days. But trust me u will enjoy martial life more especially when u are married to ur soulmate. Though sometimes u will miss the good old days of single hood which is normal, but it is nothing to be compared with a happily built home.
Eleshi, grin ... Elenu sonpa !
you came back home late and she was furious that's because she cares for you, for her kids and herself and the entire families ... She has ruminate alot of scenarios before your arrival and they are all scary .... You do not know the joy that engulfed her when you arrived and that furious and summation to cheating is just a "sigh of joy" to me .... ThanGod, My man is Back!!

If anything nasty should have happened to you , she will lose a husband , father to her kids and your family will still castigated her for not watching over you enough ..... A caring woman and mother would have processed all this before your arrival .....

Woman definitely has more neurons in their brain that man does so woman think and worry alot about life but man has larger brain of course thus more maturity but less things to think about, less worries ....

She has processed all issues before your arrival but summed it all to "he about to cheat" that's the maturity issue right there !

But alas, all you think was to hit a caring wife that stand at the door furious .... and modafvcker still didn't state he bought Suya and something to pacify his awaiting woman who is gonna be furious...

What you deserve is that one that would have slept and snores off and never bothered if you come home or not .......Appreciate her support and that cheating was what her brain resolved all worries to be ..... and What did you buy come for home because a reasonable and understandable man would have know someone would be waiting "Furious" out of Love and Care then you bribe with Suya to calm the atmosphere ..... You can sneak out in peace another time ....

If you had hit her .... na curse be that, African Man !! ... in another culture, she would have slapped you and you not gonna think hitting back ....

So this is why you missed single-hood ... Asewo na small e dey start grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by bukatyne(f): 10:27am On Jun 30, 2021
GboyegaD:
You did no bad however, you should have informed her before she called you. Occasionally, you sure would hang out with other friends. Marriage doesn't mean you throw our your friends and I do not understand how some think it is a concyclic circle.

When next you will be hanging with your friends, tell her days before and incase it is impromptu, just give a call. If she doesn't understand, she is being selfish.

This!

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by bukatyne(f): 10:32am On Jun 30, 2021
destiny4luv:

Respect sir for ur wisdom. I don't stay out late and the only time am out late is because of official duties wish my wife is aware of. But hanging out with my friends is something I do ones in a blue moon. Those my pals I hanged out with; I haven't hang out like that with them for about 9 years now. We just called each other and decided to hook up for old time sake. Respect.

Why do you think you need to throw away fun or hanging out with your pals after marriage (if you are doing nothing wrong)?

I think we need a slight adjustment to our views about marriage from what I read and see.

Just how you had hangouts and met up with your pals responsibly while single and working, nothing stops you from doing same while married.

It is people who lived 'rough' single lives that feel caged while married.

If you did nothing wrong while single, there is nothing to miss.

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by bukatyne(f): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2021
olabrinks:
its not like the man comes back home every night at 11pm for goodness sake it’s a one off thing occasionally. Let that man have his life, my husband comes back at 3am sef sometimes, I don’t give a damn I want the man to live his life and I live mine. I don’t want to feel like I’m in a cage all because of one marriage, what is it sef? Are married couples supposed to be tied with rope to always be together? Na wa oh.

Hahahahahaha

E ti binu ma.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by angelfallz(m): 10:47am On Jun 30, 2021
olabrinks:
its not like the man comes back home every night at 11pm for goodness sake it’s a one off thing occasionally. Let that man have his life, my husband comes back at 3am sef sometimes, I don’t give a damn I want the man to live his life and I live mine. I don’t want to feel like I’m in a cage all because of one marriage, what is it sef? Are married couples supposed to be tied with rope to always be together? Na wa oh.

There are things you can no longer do when you're married.
You can't be married and at the same time living like you're single.

Married life and single life are not the same thing.

Marriage is not a cage, true. But in marriage you're accountable to your spouse and therefore you MUST consider them, it's not the same when you're single.

It is this mentality of marriage is not a cage that we have the Ataga and Chidinma case.
A married man trying to live like a single man. The man's wife is even based in Abuja while he is based in Lagos. What kind of marriage is that?

If people are not ready for marriage they should stay single.

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by bukatyne(f): 10:52am On Jun 30, 2021
Karleb:

Your first paragraph shows you are both ignorant and foolish.

There are people who have multiple concubines who don't come home late. I'm talking about both genders here.

Coming home late once a while is okay, so long you have a tangible reason.

Who is stopping you from coming home late?

Many of you who spill fire and brimstone here are obviously not married or not a good fit for marriage.

Or married and testing out fantasy scenarios built in their heads.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by bukatyne(f): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2021
Rubbiish:

cc destiny4luv
The bold is what happened
95% of women will act the way your wife did, unless the feeling is no longer there! she acted out of jealousy & needed your assurance she is still the number one in your life, nothing more! So no think am...

So a man hangs out with his friends once a month or once a quarter or once a week and his wife is jealous she is no longer 'number one'?

If she feels so easily displaced, then hangouts are the least of her problems.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by angelfallz(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2021
Her reaction was normal. Now put yourself in her shoes and ask yourself how you'd react if you had called her at around 9pm and she told you that she's with her friends and you should go to bed without her.

Look you've been married for 11 years you obviously know a thing or 2 about marriage.

But don't let familiarity creep in. Let your wife know before hand. And don't make it a regular thing.
You're now, first a husband, second a father, your pals can come in 3rd or fourth or fifth.
You can see the order of priority.

You are accountable to your wife and children.

destiny4luv:

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by angelfallz(m): 11:04am On Jun 30, 2021
Lol from the op's narration, he didn't inform his wife before hand. It just came out of the blue. Remember he said, 'she called him around 9pm to know when he'll be back home'. This means that, she wasn't aware he wouldn't be back anytime soon.
If he had told her maybe in the morning before leaving for work that, "honey I'll be with my friends after work I might come back very late", I doubt his wife of 11 years would have reacted the way she did.
Knowing fully well that her husband does not keep late nights

bukatyne:

So a man hangs out with his friends once a month or once a quarter or once a week and his wife is jealous she is no longer 'number one'?

If she feels so easily displaced, then hangouts are the least of her problems.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by bukatyne(f): 11:11am On Jun 30, 2021
angelfallz:
Lol from the op's narration, he didn't inform his wife before hand. It just came out of the blue. Remember he said, 'she called him around 9pm to know when he'll be back home'. This means that, she wasn't aware he wouldn't be back anytime soon.
If he had told her maybe in the morning before leaving for work that, "honey I'll be with my friends after work I might come back very late", I doubt his wife of 11 years would have reacted the way she did.
Knowing fully well that her husband does not keep late nights

The hangout might be impromptu although he should have informed her when it can up.

My issue is peeps thinking it is wrong for a married person to hang out or they have to give up fun and enjoyment because they are married (viewing it like a cage).

That's why they snap at every little thing.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

Recreation is very very important.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by olabrinks(f): 2:05pm On Jun 30, 2021
angelfallz:

There are things you can no longer do when you're married.
You can't be married and at the same time living like you're single.

Married life and single life are not the same thing.

Marriage is not a cage, true. But in marriage you're accountable to your spouse and therefore you MUST consider them, it's not the same when you're single.

It is this mentality of marriage is not a cage that we have the Ataga and Chidinma case.
A married man trying to live like a single man. The man's wife is even based in Abuja while he is based in Lagos. What kind of marriage is that?

If people are not ready for marriage they should stay single.
mr man going out once or twice a month is not living like a single man it is functioning like a normal human being and taking a break. If your wife wants to suffocate you with rules and regulations then live your life, I don’t run my home like that. My husband allows me to have my nights out with my girls and I do the same for him and it’s okay.

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Klass99(f): 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
DonroxyII:
Eleshi, grin ... Elenu sonpa !
you came back home late and she was furious that's because she cares for you, for her kids and herself and the entire families ... She has ruminate alot of scenarios before your arrival and they are all scary .... You do not know the joy that engulfed her when you arrived and that furious and summation to cheating is just a "sigh of joy" to me .... ThanGod, My man is Back!!

If anything nasty should have happened to you , she will lose a husband , father to her kids and your family will still castigated her for not watching over you enough ..... A caring woman and mother would have processed all this before your arrival .....

Woman definitely has more neurons in their brain that man does so woman think and worry alot about life but man has larger brain of course thus more maturity but less things to think about, less worries ....

She has processed all issues before your arrival but summed it all to "he about to cheat" that's the maturity issue right there !

But alas, all you think was to hit a caring wife that stand at the door furious .... and modafvcker still didn't state he bought Suya and something to pacify his awaiting woman who is gonna be furious...

What you deserve is that one that would have slept and snores off and never bothered if you come home or not .......Appreciate her support and that cheating was what her brain resolved all worries to be ..... and What did you buy come for home because a reasonable and understandable man would have know someone would be waiting "Furious" out of Love and Care then you bribe with Suya to calm the atmosphere ..... You can sneak out in peace another time ....

If you had hit her .... na curse be that, African Man !! ... in another culture, she would have slapped you and you not gonna think hitting back ....

So this is why you missed single-hood ... Asewo na small e dey start grin

Hmmm... Madam or Bros I don't know ur sex, but if u read some of my reply u will see where I said I brought home babique and pepper soup and that was what we ate after we resolved our differences and made sweet love before going to bed. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by LadyRosa(f): 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
Nigerians take marriage too serious, that's why it's so so boring. Sometimes it's good to give people benefit of a doubt and let them enjoin themselves a bit. I only will feel bad when it's my turn to dance away my stress and my husband is trying to hold me down. For me, let men be boys sometimes. Kwt them breathe, hang out and have fun. I say this to women whose husband's do this once in a while and not to unrepentant night crawlers.

I love enjoyment and I don't see that stopping after my marriage. Give the man a break sometimes and let him hang out with the boys.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Klass99(f): 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2021
Klass99:

Too seriously I swear, some people will quench if they hear how certain couples conduct themselves, homes and marriages.

My boss told me (the guy dey always get interesting gist grin) about a married couple he knows personally, man and wife are based in Lasgidi but they both live in their separate houses. As in, houses they own.

The man lives in his house and the lady in hers, but they are in a legit marriage. They were previously married to other people but divorced, met themselves later and remarried.

I heard the story and was intrigued and understanding of the fact that this couple decided to do what works best for them. I asked so when the in-laws visit nko or konji catch one person, how is that handled?

Boss said, the in-laws stay with the person they are related to and may visit the other spouse's house OR the spouse goes over to see his or her in-laws.

As for the konji part he said he is pretty sure they've also worked out a formula that suits them. They spend most weekends together though, hubby either stays over @ her place or she goes over to his.

Are they doing anything wrong? No, I don't think so but some Naija people will hear about them and start breathing fire and brimestone, even going as far as to quote scripture on top their matter.

Wow... This one loud oh... never heard of such b4. But so long as d love and understanding is there, everywhere good.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Jossyfine(f): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
What stops you from taking ur wife out occasionally?marriage is Never boring just that most couple just choose to throw away leisure and outing once they tie the knot.
My dear,learn to take ur wify out, if clubs works for you then do it once in a while with her.Spice up ur union to kill boredom.

Marriage sweet o so enjoy it while both of you are young*smiles*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by mariahAngel(f): 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2021
destiny4luv:

Wow... This one loud oh... never heard of such b4. But so long as d love and understanding is there, everywhere good.

May your beautiful union never degenerate to that level. Amen.

Oga listen, everyone's opinion here does not matter much. After all is said and done, what matters most is the communication, understanding and compromise between you and your wife. Make her happy, and she'll make your home a happy place for you and your children.
Do what is best for your family.
May you both always be at peace and happy with each other. Amen.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by destiny4luv(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

May your beautiful union never degenerate to that level. Amen.

Oga listen, everyone's opinion here does not matter much. After all is said and done, what matters most is the communication, understanding and compromise between you and your wife. Make her happy, and she'll make your home a happy place for you and your children.
Do what is best for your family.
May you both always be at peace and happy with each other. Amen.

A big Amen to that dear. Wish u same and more. Cheers.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by LadyRosa(f): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2021
Klass99:

Too seriously I swear, some people will quench if they hear how certain couples conduct themselves, homes and marriages.

My boss told me (the guy dey always get interesting gist grin) about a married couple he knows personally, man and wife are based in Lasgidi but they both live in their separate houses. As in, houses they own.

The man lives in his house and the lady in hers, but they are in a legit marriage. They were previously married to other people but divorced, met themselves later and remarried.

I heard the story and was intrigued and understanding of the fact that this couple decided to do what works best for them. I asked so when the in-laws visit nko or konji catch one person, how is that handled?

Boss said, the in-laws stay with the person they are related to and may visit the other spouse's house OR the spouse goes over to see his or her in-laws.

As for the konji part he said he is pretty sure they've also worked out a formula that suits them. They spend most weekends together though, hubby either stays over @ her place or she goes over to his.

Are they doing anything wrong? No, I don't think so but some Naija people will hear about them and start breathing fire and brimestone, even going as far as to quote scripture on top their matter.

Lol...
That's almost like an open marriage, but if it works for them fine. And yes! Nigerian marriages are way too boring to say the least. At first it seems as if it's cool but once the kids start coming in, it's like a boring chapter of their lives just begin. This is one of my greatest fear of getting married as I hate boredom. The more reason I love foreign lifestyle to the Nigeria type that takes things way too serious.

If hubby wants to hang out with friends, I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as he keeps to time and same thing should apply to me if I also feel to hang out. What brings jealousy or ruffled feathers is when one party is entitled to do that,and it's mainly because one party is messing up and knows what's out there if the other begins to go out. grin

Husband wey dey run show no go want make him wife hang out na, because he know say street no dey smile.
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Klass99(f): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by LadyRosa(f): 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2021
Klass99:

Is it?

I thought an open marriage is one where couples agree to and are allowed to have multiple sex partners people, while staying married. That has been my understanding of an open marriage!

What was described to me didn't sound like an open marriage. But there may be variations of it I am unaware of.

If they didn't agree to multiple sex partners while married, then I am still intrigued and won't find fault with their marital lifestyle. For me, I think they married for companionship more than anything, while opting to maintain some degree of their space, independence and etcetera.

But, what do I know grin

That's why I said it's almost like an open marriage. I think it works for them,although I don't encourage it. cheesy
Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Raychee(f): 11:17pm On Jun 30, 2021
Came here to eat popcorn, pick one or two cents and read comments. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Fiscus105(m): 3:44am On Jul 01, 2021
olabrinks:

@bolded

I biliv you fully understood the phrase
'responsible man', you and ur husband are leaving fully irresponsible lifestyle in marriage.
Think of it, husband that comes up 3am, you should know he is susceptible to danger which is prevalent at night and if anything happens to him, I think u know it will bounce on u squarely , though you affirmed in ur write ups that you too want to leave ur life as it pleases you, that is, a lot of alternatives to hubby.

My dear friend, immediately you get married, you cannot leave ur life as you like again, why? You are now accountable to, either husband or wife and kids.

NB. Do not forget the lifestyle of ur hubby and probably you, might affect children negatively or positively in the long run o and dnt forget also that ur peace of mind in old age is also determined by success of ur children by way of upbringing too.

Meanwhile, action op' wife did was 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Miss Single Hood. by Fiscus105(m): 4:30am On Jul 01, 2021
destiny4luv:

Hmmm... Madam or Bros I don't know ur sex, but if u read some of my reply u will see where I said I brought home babique and pepper soup and that was what we ate after we resolved our differences and made sweet love before going to bed. Cheers.

Oga I pray you won't destroy ur beautiful marriage and come to nairaland to blame naija women as usual.

U see when you are in a company of guys, you will meet whole lot men, many are not in good marriages, hence they talk trash of their wives or look down on you that appreciate ur woman, if you don't careful you too you join their league and before you know, marriage will start experience strain and affect kids.

In as much I'm not against hanging out with friends, you should try ur best not to satisfy ur friends to inconvinent ur marriage , if anything happens friends will disappear like thing air.

Let me tell u my experience , I have a friend who has problem in marriage , he forcibly married the wife without consent of wife's parent , now my friend is contemplating of leaving her becos his bussness is stagnant and he attributed it to his wife.

We normally hang out virtual everyday , when its 7 or 7:30pm, if I say I'm going home he will be making jest of me that i fear my wife and that my wife is monitoring me too much, I have tried to convince him that the habit of not keeping late night was embeded in me as a result of my upbringing and not neccessarly wife but unto no avail.
Oga, if I shift ground and start keeping late night like him, is it not foolishness on my part? For him, his marriage is in crises while mine is peaceful. If I follow him, and marriage start having problem like his, who will I blame?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loosing Ur Virginity 2a Man After Marriage Dose Not Make Him Value U D More / At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. / #IWD2016 Empowering The Girl Child To Become A Woman;Breaking The Glass Ceiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.