Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,244 members, 7,860,558 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:33 PM

Cultism In Our Secondary Schools Will Be A Thing Of The Past – Governor Emmanuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cultism In Our Secondary Schools Will Be A Thing Of The Past – Governor Emmanuel (171 Views)

Reports About "Office Of The Immediate Past Governor" Is Fake - Kogi Govt / Office Of Immediate Past Governor Created In Kogi - Austin Okai / Power Failure Is A Thing Of The Past - Goddy Jedy Agba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cultism In Our Secondary Schools Will Be A Thing Of The Past – Governor Emmanuel by edikandavid(m): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel has reiterated his commitments towards exterminating cultism in Secondary Schools in the State, calling on parents to join in the fight to correct the ills in the society.

Governor Emmanuel made this known during a special thanksgiving service to mark the retirement of the Chief Judge of the State, Justice Godwin Abraham, held on Sunday at The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Dominion Mega Parish Akwa Ibom Province 1 Headquarters, Ibesikpo Asutan local government area.

The Governor who acknowledged the success of the Chief Judge during his service to the State, pointed out that every man who serves God will not go unrewarded.

He urged parents to model a Christ-like life based on morality and values to their children as part of efforts to reduce cult activities in the society.

”Today is the thanksgiving of my lord the Chief Judge and his entire family, that is why I sang that song ‘It pays to serve Jesus’, you heard his testimony, how he got born again…How I wish I can send him to Uyo High School to help me talk to those students that cultism is absolutely rubbish.

“I am sure in our days we didn’t hear cultism in Secondary School, but these days in Secondary Schools and if case is not taken, Primary Schools, it is absolute rubbish and we need to kill that monster in our state, else those who are cheering it now will regret it.

“It is the task of everybody, parents and guardians to join to fight that monster. Anywhere God has a promise the devil will always drop something so that the promise will not be fulfilled, I want to believe the devil not drop that in our land”, he said.

The Chief Executive Officer of the State, described his working relationship with the Chief Judge as cordial, noting that his contributions towards building the State were exemplary.

He commended him for returning to God in a thanksgiving service thereby unleashing the blessings of thanksgiving and appreciation to God, upon his family.

Read more https://nowupdateonline.com.ng/2021/06/27/cultism-in-our-secondary-schools-will-be-things-of-the-past-governor-emmanuel/

Re: Cultism In Our Secondary Schools Will Be A Thing Of The Past – Governor Emmanuel by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
Notjustok we need Action!
Re: Cultism In Our Secondary Schools Will Be A Thing Of The Past – Governor Emmanuel by tillaman(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
It’s alarming

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ADC Sets To Clinch Anambra 2021 As Nwankpo Got Screened / Checkout The Reason Why Joe Igbokwe's Family Members Disown Him / Sporadic Shooting At Ojota Amid Yoruba Nation Agitation Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.