Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? (1138 Views)

Just In: Jamb Sets This Year’s Utme Cut-off Scores! / Why 2018 UTME Results Will Not Be Released Immediately – JAMB / UNILAG Reveals The Names Of Candidates That Upgraded Their Post-UTME Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by Akinola100: 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
Good evening.
JAMB released 2021 results yesterday.
This year's UTME results isn't worth celebrating as majority of candidates had low scores.
So what could be the cause of this?
Could social media be blamed for the poor scores JAMB candidates had this year?
Or, JAMB have now changed the mode of the questions; New questions are now being created and not lifted directly from past questions.
I would love to see answers as I am confused about this smiley
Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by LordIsaac(m): 12:26am On Jun 28, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by BuyAndSellStuff: 1:26am On Jun 28, 2021
BBNaija audition is coming soon. I'll tell you why by then...
Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by Rickmann: 8:13am On Jun 28, 2021
Akinola100:
Good evening.
JAMB released 2021 results yesterday.
This year's UTME results isn't worth celebrating as majority of candidates had low scores.
So what could be the cause of this?
Could social media be blamed for the poor scores JAMB candidates had this year?
Or, JAMB have now changed the mode of the questions; New questions are now being created and not lifted directly from past questions.
I would love to see answers as I am confused about this smiley

What's good about Nigeria
Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by duro4chang(m): 8:19am On Jun 28, 2021
So bad
Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by NiklauseFred(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2021
Truth is alot of people has lost faith in education.
Some people wrote jamb because they were forced to and some wrote so that they can leave home and be independent.

I have a friend that wrote jamb this year,he wrote the exam cus he wants to go to school and be away from the parents and live the kinda life he wants.

Some just want to goan "link up",so that means no much seriousness.

1 Share

Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by Akinola100: 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
NiklauseFred:
Truth is alot of people has lost faith in education.
Some people wrote jamb because they were forced to and some wrote so that they can leave home and be independent.

I have a friend that wrote jamb this year,he didn't write the exam cus he wants to go to school and be away from the parents and live the kinda life he wants.

Some just want to goan "link up",so that means no much seriousness.

Hmmm. I noticed something too.
As each year pass by, performance of students have been declining.
For example, you can't compare 2009 performance to 2013 and also 2013 to 2017.
I think you are right.
People aren't serious like before.
But do you think social media can be held responsible?

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by VlamesIffect(f): 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2021
Akinola100:

I think you are right.

It's alarming...

The general mindset of our youths is drifted away from education.
Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by Akinola100: 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
VlamesIffect:

It's alarming...

The general mindset of our youths is drifted away from education.
Yes

The urge get rich real quick.
Every one wants to have money.
Like getting those Veblen goods
Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by NiklauseFred(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
Akinola100:

I think you are right.

I think social media is also a contributing factor and I give it a 30%
Peer pressure (the current outburst of cyber crime;yahoo). I give this one 40 %
I will explain most of the students or should I say candidates have gotten some money through fraud and they may want to go back to school to show off, because campus life is quiet different from the outside world.

The educational system is quiet in shambles so I give it a 30%(I don't need to explain this one)
Re: Why Is This Year's UTME Results Bad? by Akinola100: 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
NiklauseFred:

I think social media is also a contributing factor and I give it a 30%
Peer pressure (the current outburst of cyber crime;yahoo). I give this one 40 %
I will explain most of the students or should I say candidates have gotten some money through fraud and they may want to go back to school to show off, because campus life is quiet different from the outside world.

The educational system is quiet in shambles so I give it a 30%(I don't need to explain this one)

You have explained the underlying causes well enough.
Thank you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Harassment / Why The Study Route Might Just Be Your Best Bet For Relocating To Canada / UTME Fraud: If We Reveal All We Know, People’ll Be Shocked — JAMB Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.