Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes (30654 Views)

Kazakhstan Has Banned Nigerians Over Rape & Bank Robbery - Dara Ikenna Nzimora / FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline As UAE Suspends COVID Tests On Passengers / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 29, 2021
The United Arab Emirates government has suspended Direct Employment Visa for Nigerians, as a result of the increasing rate of crimes involving Nigerians in the Middle-East country.

SaharaReporters learnt from credible sources that the UAE police are searching for more Nigerian nationals and conducting raids and arrests to get them jailed.

Sources noted that this is the norm in Abu Dhabi particularly.

“We all are shouting that our country is bad, and that our government is not rising to our needs, which is true, but our reputation abroad is also fast declining due to our character.

“Two weeks ago, some Nigerians killed one another for selfish reasons at Sharjah, and another one just happened here in Abu Dhabi, when some guys went to an Arab man’s house, killed him, his wife and took away a huge amount of money from them.

“The UAE government is now tracking every Nigerian in Abu Dhabi and they have also banned every Direct Employment Visa from Nigeria until further notice,” the source said.

“For like one week, this city (Abu Dhabi) has been hot. They (the police) are just arresting anyone on sight now. There was a cult incident where Nigerian cult members hacked one another in an area in Abu Dhabi here. It is not easy. As of yesterday (Monday), they have put restrictions on visas for Nigerians. For now, no work permit for Nigerians in UAE generally. The crisis started from Sharjah and last week in Abu Dhabi,” another Nigerian told SaharaReporters.

SaharaReporters had reported in January 2021 that the UAE arrested and detained, without prosecution, many Nigerians in a series of sting operations targeted at irregular migrants.

The UAE security operatives had raided the homes of many African migrants, most of whom are Nigerians, living in towns including Al Qouz, Abu Hail, Sharjah, Al Barsha, and Deira.

According to a victim, about 80 percent of the persons arrested are legal residents while the remaining 20 are those with either visit visas or visa-related issues.

When contacted, the Chairperson of Nigerians In Diaspora Commission, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, had said the affected persons would have to liaise with the mission in UAE for more information.

Another victim of the arrest in UAE corroborated the government’s explanation but explained that some stayed back because their travel documents were withheld by their employers.

Crime rates have been rising among Nigerians in the UAE.

SaharaReporters had on February 22, 2021, reported that a 33-year-old Indian man in Dubai was robbed of Rs 55,30,806 by a gang of four Nigerian women after being lured into a fake massage parlour through a dating app.

The case was heard at the Dubai Court of First Instance.

According to Dubai Police, three Nigerian women were arrested from Sharjah after intensive investigations, while a fourth woman was still at large.

The three Nigerian defendants have been charged with robbery, issuing threats, keeping the victim forcefully confined inside an apartment, and prostitution.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/29/exclusive-uae-suspends-direct-employment-visa-nigerians-over-rising-crimes

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by hammer3x: 9:54am On Jun 29, 2021
NIGERIANS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE GOING TO UAE.

THAT IS A RIGHT MOVE BY UAE.

205 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 9:54am On Jun 29, 2021
We know the people disgracing our country

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by ThuGnificenX: 9:57am On Jun 29, 2021
shocked shocked

We complain Nigeria is bad, but we go to a good country and live a terrible lifestyle.

Who still does cultism in the 21st century.

Generation Z is a problem to this continent!

249 Likes 12 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2021
Fahdiga1:
We know the people disgracing our country

UAE is mixed baggage - Yorubas, Edonians, Igbos and Hausas. Mostly Yorubas and Edonians though.

Number 1 UAE criminal HUSH PUPPY and his accomplices were all YORUBA but there are equally as many Igbo crooks.

Get rich quick - I give up on Nigeria the SHIT HOLE of Africa.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2021
EmekaChiwe:

Didn't you write that Afongians were the ones committing crimes, you quickly deleted it so that it will not expose that you are a igboman like me.
Any proof?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 10:03am On Jun 29, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

UAE is mixed baggage - Yorubas, Edonians, Igbos and Hausas. Mostly Yorubas and Edonians though.

Number 1 UAE criminal HUSH PUPPY and his accomplices were all YORUBA.
I know that

5 Likes

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by EmekaChiwe: 10:09am On Jun 29, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Any proof?

You know what you did, your are an gboman.

You wrote that, the Afongians are the ones carrying out the crime but then edited it when you remembered your false identity

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2021
EmekaChiwe:

You wrote that, the Afongians are the ones carrying out the crime but then edited it when you remembered your false identity
Still without proof

3 Likes

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2021
EmekaChiwe:

Still without proof. I argue with facts not fictions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by EmekaChiwe: 10:13am On Jun 29, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Still without proof. I argue with facts not fictions

Soon i will post a proof that you are from anambra state.

Proof that you speak igbo, support Ipob and call yorubas, skull miners.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by sweetshisha: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2021
Crazy youths
Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2021
EmekaChiwe:

Soon i will post a proof that you are from anambra state.

Proof that you speak igbo, support Ipob and call yorubas, skull miners.
A random person can use a parody account of my moniker to tarnish my good reputation on nairaland. Have that in your mind while doing so

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by hammer3x: 10:22am On Jun 29, 2021
HOW CAN YOU GO TO ANOTHER MAN COUNTRY TO DO HUSHPUPPI AND CULTISM.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Tinubuadvocate: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2021
Don't mind him he only looking for attention...back to
the matter the government aren't doing well in eradicating the activities of these cult's even despite that DSS Agency was basically established because of this fraternity they have neglected their primary assignment and following politicians...Then this cultist
hold their meeting secretly but these days they do their meeting openly ,arrest them shoot them.
EmekaChiwe:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by DDDEnterprises: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2021
The government is disgracing us in the country. Citizens are disgracing us outside the country...

Hmm! it's well undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2021
EmekaChiwe:

Indeed.

Let me just post a glimpse of your deceit
Every sensible person knows that the screenshot you posted is a parody account of my moniker. If this is all you could bring to smear my good reputation then you have failed woefully.
Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 10:53am On Jun 29, 2021
EmekaChiwe:

Indeed, this is you writing in igbo, be proud of your igbo heritage.

Stop practicing Taqiyya.

This is you writing in pure igbo
Still the same thing I'm talking about. I'm not the owner of the account in question. I know that someone paid you to tarnish my good reputation on nairaland but you won't succeed
Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by EmekaChiwe: 11:01am On Jun 29, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Still the same thing I'm talking about. I'm not the owner of the account in question. I know that someone paid you to tarnish my good reputation on nairaland but you won't succeed

Indeed.

You are just here to incite hate

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 11:04am On Jun 29, 2021
EmekaChiwe:

Indeed.

You are just here to incite hate
I am not a bigot. My motto has always been to be on the side of truth no matter who's involved and you can't make me change that. I am a patriot who loves my country
Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by EmekaChiwe: 11:10am On Jun 29, 2021
Fahdiga1:
I am not a bigot. My motto has always been to be on the side of truth no matter who's involved and you can't make me change that. I am a patriot who loves my country

All your post are filled with bigotry.

How can a supporter of ipob be a Nigerian patriot, smh

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by ednut1(m): 11:48am On Jun 29, 2021
Uae should do something about their visa process. Every Tom dick and Harry gets their visa easily

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by OSDD(m): 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2021
Fahdiga1:
The name on the screenshot and yours is practically the same thing; letter for letter.
Where is the "parody" lie coming from?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by mauchiz: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
We Nigerians are now a threat to other nations.

This is serious, hey, is this how this people want to finish me?
Chei!
Why am I a Nigerian?
Hey!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UAE Suspends Direct Employment Visa For Nigerians Over Rising Crimes by Fahdiga1: 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
OSDD:

The name on the screenshot and yours is practically the same thing; letter for letter.
Where is the "parody" lie coming from?
So you don't know what hackers are capable of doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion On Kara Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Road: LRU & Fire Service Attacked / PHOTOS: Woman Who Drowned After Car Plunged Into Lagos Lagoon Was Pregnant / Pilot Flying With Expired Medical Certificate Loses Licence In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.