Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff (21759 Views)

Senate Confirms Yahaya Muhammad, Buhari Nominee ‘Started’ School Before Birth / Buhari: Why I Appointed Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff / Dokpesi Confirms Yahaya Bello & Ben Ayade's Accusation Of NCDC Forcing Covid-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
The House of Representatives has confirmed the nomination of Major General Farouk Yahaya as Chief of Army Staff.

The confirmation followed the consideration and adoption of the screening report by the House’ Committees on Defense and Army at the plenary on Tuesday.

The joint committee, which screened Yahaya earlier on June 15, 2021, laid its report earlier on Tuesday.

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), had asked the Senate and the House to confirm the appointment of Yahaya.

Yahaya’s appointment was announced one week after the demise of the immediate past COAS, Lt.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, and 10 others in a plane crash in Kaduna.

During his screening, the nominee, who was asked to introduce himself, also recalled that he had worked in all the strategic positions, departments and units of the Nigerian Army, making him understand their peculiarities and situations. He added that he served on international war and peacekeeping missions including in Liberia.

The COAS designate said, “I am Major General Farouk Yahaya. I was born on January 5, 1966…in Sokoto State. I joined the military 36 years ago. So, if you will, I have brought a lot with me; 36 years of military experience, having joined the Army on the 26th September 1985, as a member of the 37th Regular Course in the NDA (Nigerian Defense Academy). I passed on the 22nd of September 1990.

“Since that time, I have passed through all the relevant courses commensurate with my career as I grow up and I have (served) in various capacities, including command, staff, administration and extracurricular.”

Yahaya also said, “I went to the headquarters of Theatre Command as Theatre Commander and I am pleased to observe that I am one of the longest-serving Theatre Commanders. I think only the former CDS served longer than me. I have been there for over a year.

“I am pleased to report that it was under my command that we were able to enter the Timbuktu Triangle that we were not able to get into for a very long time. Timbuktu was one dreaded area that hitherto was held by the terrorists. But with the support of the Federal Government and the Chief of Army Staff then, we were able to clear the Timbuktu Triangle and ransack all the hitherto enclaves of Boko Haram.

“Having looked at my career, I believe I have virtually seen it all. I have seen war in other countries and how it was done. I was involved in internal security operations, both here and there; I have been to the North-West, South-South and to the North-East.

“The challenges we are facing now, all are characterised by these areas I have mentioned, where I have first-hand information; where I have also commanded troops and administered them in achieving what we have done.

“I, therefore, believe that I have the prerequisite requirement to provide my services in this office of the Chief of Army Staff if so confirmed. What I have brought is 36 years of experience and commitment regarding leadership that I have had throughout my career.”

https://punchng.com/reps-confirm-yahaya-as-chief-of-army-staff/

4 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2021

12 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by NairalandProf(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ok

3 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Please who has idea about when Train from Abuja to Kaduna leaves? And what's actually the cost, pls

4 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2021

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Chidexter(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
The countdown begins, a countdown to what?. That's what I can't tell. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Idamond: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
under which .....
Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
7am to 9am (Morning)
7pm to 9pm (Afternoon)
#3,000
Thanks bro, so I will need to book the ticket same day right? Or before Tmao?

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Seniorwriter(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
As expected...SMH

We need young visionary leadership in Nigeria.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2021

5 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by DDDEnterprises: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2021
Congratulations sir!
Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Go to Kubwa Station around 6am tomorrow and get the ticket. It's an e-ticket
Am close to Idu railway station, Can't I get the ticket there? And if am to what time is best

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2021

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Yes, you can. Train moves from Idu to Kubwa (7am to 7:14am)
OK thank you very much sir

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2021

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Sunnybay7: 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2021
Rubber stamp

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by slawormiir: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2021
Damnnn niggar
They keep confirming any thing thrown at them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Eriggs: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2021
Nice one. Kill all dem modafoka murderers in Nigeria.
What a Good day for the country and all innocent igbos killed.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by asobo1: 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Kingpele(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
I wish you many successful outing against terrorists and bandits

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by ofiko123(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
Congratulations to General Yahaya as the new chief of Army staff...

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Xscape047: 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
Nasso

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by Olodo24: 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
Fear grip me. I been think say na Yahaya Bello.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by AntiChristian: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
I came late. I just saw that dilector is now in the bag! Boko haram, bandits, herdsmen and others coming next!

Nigeria will win. Aamin.
Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by BuharisBoy: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
Thanks, nnamdi kanu
Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by opalu: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hmm
Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by 25ahmad(m): 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
He can't believe it angry
And nothing you can do
Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by oluwaseyi0: 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Okolo625:

Thanks bro, so I will need to book the ticket same day right?
Or before Tmao?

Please put in mind bandit ransom too

This is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by bigdammyj: 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Noted
Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by illicit(m): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
The man look like woman
Re: House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff by leofab(f): 7:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
Stale

(1) (2) (Reply)

Profile Of Ibrahim Dankwambo And His Nigerian Presidential Bid / Buhari Unhappy With 2018 Budget Passed By NASS — Vanguard / Wike Waives Fee, Approves Stadium For APC Presidential Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.