Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release (33487 Views)

Another Boule Humiliation Ritual From Bill Cosby To Now Bro. Polight / Inside The Prison Where Bill Cosby Is Expected To Serve His Sentence / Bill Cosby Found Guilty On All 3 Counts In Sexual Assault Retrial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by Iko5000: 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2021
And the other white guys like harry weinstein is it racisim too ?
Eriokanmi:
Wow! Finally justice was served ...I hope the purported interest in the purchase of NBC which was part of his legal ordeal would come through. They just punished this man for nothing. Racism is worse than a monster.
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by babyfaceafrica: 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2021
jaxxy:

For what? They are not saying he didn't do it bt case lacks enough evidence. Struck out basically. 2 years for such a case doesn't really deserve a compensation besides ur freedom.
That's unfair
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by bjtinz: 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2021
yommy04:
Bill Cosby isn't set free because he's not guilty of the offense. He's set free on technicality. The prosecution ran foul of the law and the defense is taking advantage of that. Let's always get our facts right before we comment.

No mind them. A blind bat knows BC is guilty as f##k. HE SAID SO HIMSELF AT AN EARLIER DEPOSITION!!

And the is the problem. The confession was made in previous civil suit on the condition that it will not be used to press criminal charges against him. So his lawyers have basically argued that that agreement was breached and the conviction null and void. No one is really arguing whether he did it or not. It's all technicalities.

Fxxxing law is an a$$. angry

2 Likes

Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by jaxxy(m): 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
That's unfair

He wasnt exactly acquitted. It cud be refilled again against him if the prosecution feels like theres more evidence so no compensation.

1 Like

Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by DarkJeddi(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
BigSarah:
angry OH hell no, while you're at it why not set R Kelly free too....
And declare Jeffrey Epstien a national treasure...
Shut up angry
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by Tomilola360: 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2021
Megatrix:
There was never any evidence against him. This jury people just decide cases based on emotions, I don't know where the US got this there useless trial by jury method. Many innocent people are languishing in jail just because members of jury that know nothing about the law decided to find them guilty based on emotional sentiments.

The Almighty US runs a perfect system with no flaws and can never be faulted. grin grin grin

by the way FG should release Lamido kanu maze
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by DarkJeddi(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
jaxxy:

For what? They are not saying he didn't do it bt case lacks enough evidence. Struck out basically. 2 years for such a case doesn't really deserve a compensation besides ur freedom.
Are you for real? shocked

They are not saying that he didn't do it but case lacks evidence..

How do you wrap your mind around this statement?

In a court of law..

You either have evidence to prove your case or you don't..

3 Likes

Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by Eriokanmi: 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2021
Iko5000:
And the other white guys like harry weinstein is it racisim too ?
His was a set up, a different scenario if you truly monitored the case. His brother won't forget in a hurry how Harry was framed
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by billyG(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
adioolayi:
It's not about emotions..it's about facts and evidence. That's law
Which facts?which evidences?
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by jaxxy(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
DarkJeddi:

Just like ojay Simpson case, everybody knows he did it via logic bt not enough evidence to actually prove he killed his wife so he walked free.
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by billyG(m): 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
abbey621:

The jury is selected based on agreement by the prosecution and the defense, they just don't select any dick and harry. Furthermore, justice is about what you can or cannot prove, if your lawyer does a shitty job at convincing the jury then you're gone!
A jury who knows no shiit about law can be easily conveyed by eloquence, sentiments, emotions, prejudice.

1 Like

Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by bjtinz: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
DarkJeddi:

In a court of law..

Not as simple as that. The evidence that is used also matters and circumstances surrounding it.

For instance if you use torture to obtain evidence against someone, no matter how compelling and useful it is, the court will strike it out.

1 Like

Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by mosaicafrique: 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2021
Leadway Assurance is Recruiting Insurance Advisors , Do you know any fresh graduate Bsc/ HND willing to build and grow a career in the insurance industry or Experienced in Insurance ,Kindly ask them to send their CV to mosaicafrique@gmail.com or call 07049255198, location is Aspamda/ Trade fair market Ojo lagos.
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by hecomeshome(m): 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2021
Megatrix:
There was never any evidence against him. This jury people just decide cases based on emotions, I don't know where the US got this there useless trial by jury method. Many innocent people are languishing in jail just because members of jury that know nothing about the law decided to find them guilty based on emotional sentiments.

The Judge or Justice still has the final say in terms of verdict.
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
It was a media trial from the beginning. Too many high profiles cases in America are influenced by media sentiments. Even the George Floyd case, that cop would not have gotten that sentence if not for all the media attention and threat of violence if he was acquitted. There was clear evidence that the man, though reckless, was simply doing what he was trained to do in a situation like that. The US needs to fix this problem. CNN and the likes shouldn’t be determining who goes to jail or not.
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by Iceyjayz: 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2021
Klass99:
I liked this guy from his days on The Cosby Show, truth is, I still do.

The show made me laugh a lot, it still does when I watch re-runs.
I watched that show back in the late 90's, didn't miss it for anything back then
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by abbey621(m): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2021
billyG:

A jury who knows no shiit about law can be easily conveyed by eloquence, sentiments, emotions, prejudice.

Cases involving juries are usually about right and wrong rather than law itself. You kill person, jury can decide if your motive of self defense is genuine or not. You embezzled funds from a company, jury don't really know the laws you violated hence are pretty useless in such a scenario. This particular case is about a high profiled man drugging/raping females, the law is clear about things like this and a jury can definitely make a determination based on evidence provided including testimonals. Cosby was convicted because by bhis own words he admitted to drugging one of the ladies, even tho he confessed thinking it wouldn't be used against him but alas the prosecution carry fire for head grin
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by Popesuccess(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2021
Megatrix:
I think the jury system is better, it protects people corrupt judges. Here in Nigeria one judge will just collect bribe and be doing anything he wants
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by spartan117(m): 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
Commentor:

True but the judge should guide what is admissible hence what the jury hears.
This is no longer possible thanks to social media trials.
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by DarkJeddi(m): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2021
jaxxy:

Just like ojay Simpson case, everybody knows he did it via logic bt not enough evidence to actually prove he killed his wife so he walked free.
If every case is judged on what people think..

There wouldn't be a need for a Court of Law..

He who asserts must prove.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by sulaak(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2021
DWJOBScom:

I heard a lawyer was already working with her THEN I saw vanguard saying she was seeing the dead dude at night and wondered how they got close enough to interview her or they were just increasing views on their site

I live in the UK and I have never in my life seen a confession made to the media immediately after an arrest. The police usually keep everything under wrap why they investigate the crime scene. The suspect is read their Miranda rights in the quote below ....

Miranda warning is a type of notification customarily given by police to criminal suspects in police custody (or in a custodial interrogation) advising them of their right to silence; that is, their right to refuse to answer questions or provide information to law enforcement or other officials. These rights are often referred to as Miranda rights.

Your rights when being questioned
The police must explain this to you by reading you the police caution: “You do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

1 Like

Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by meobizy(f): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
If found guilty he'll find his way there again. They caught OJ so he isn't off the hook yet.
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by billyG(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
SpectacularPro:
Na true!!!
Una don start again ooo!we no won hear say one 70yrs old come die untop 21yrs old bushy mountain ooo!
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by madjune(m): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
The whole charade was designed to waste this man's life.

And, I think they succeeded.
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by wonder233: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2021
Psuedo-woke Nigerian charlatans masquerading as feminists. Bunch of vacuous lots.
You think feminism is about blindly shouting for the crucifixion of any man accused of a gender based crime? True feminism is about justice, and justice means unbiased and fair examination of facts.
You bitter lots are exactly what you campaign against. That's the sad irony
BigSarah:

2 Likes

Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by MansoryMX(m): 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2021
Megatrix:

One of the many reasons I am afraid of going to that country!
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by ImpactCrater: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
BigSarah:

Awon #Me too people Don come!
The women in his case did not provide any evidence beyond emotions. They participated in what was a common practice of sexual enjoyment of that era. People were just fvcking and doing drugs besides they got paid for the sex.
Now because of the #Me Too movement where every woman is seen as a victim regardless of her role in an event, they decided it was a crime to get fvcked consensually by a celebrity.

Let the old man go and suffer in peace abeg.
Re: Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release by bejeria101(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
I wonder how that lekki olosho that called me a rapist would feel now.

The way she carry this matter for head,you would have thought she had been raped by bill Cosby.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronke Odusanya Shares Christmas Photos With Daughter / Brymo's G-String Costume In His Music Video Causes Commotion Online / Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.