Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price (4016 Views)

How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! / Live Unveiling Of The TECNO Phantom X Device (watch Live) / Tecno Spark 4 Air Unboxing And Review - Almost Perfect! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Marvel6233(m): 1:41am On Jul 02, 2021
I just tire for Tecno. They made the Phantom X a great device, but almost killed it with the Over Price. However, there are some cool things that can't be ignored. For example, the AMOLED curved display experience, the 50MP Ultra night camera, the laser autofocus and newly developed "Ella" voice assistant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMVxI3Htejo

The major issue here would be the price and chipset. 228k (~$550) for a MediaTek helio G95 is annoyingly over price. Also, the Phantom X might not get any major software update. Which means, it might remain Android 11 all through and that is hard to swallow because of the high price.

The performance of the Phantom X is similar to that of Camon 17 Pro which is about 100k cheaper. Can you imagine!

The two major issues: the High Price (228k) and the MediaTek helio G95 chip

Tecno once made a great smartphone, but almost killed it with over price

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Rareoil(m): 1:44am On Jul 02, 2021
Someone should compare this phone with Poco X3 Pro, which is more superior.

Poco X3 Pro Specs

• 6.67" FHD+ 120Hz IPS LCD Display
• Plastic Back
• Corning Gorilla Glass 6
• Snapdragon 860 CPU
• 48MP + 8MP+ 2MP +2MP Back Camera
• 20MP Front Camera
• 6GB + 128GB, 8GB +128GB, 8GB +256GB - RAM/Storage
• 5160mAh Battery (33Watt Charging)
• Android 11
• 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4mm & 215g

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro storage: 6GB/128GB variant retails for N95,000 ($200), the 8GB/128GB variant retails for N107,000 ($220), while the 8GB/256GB variant retails for N125,000 ($260).

12 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by fiercehillz(m): 6:07am On Jul 02, 2021
228k?

How much is Samsung galaxy S20 FE, S10, S20 or even UK used IPhone X, 11 and 11 pro?

Make Transsion dey calm down small small biko

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Youngpo413: 6:32am On Jul 02, 2021
Too expensive....
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 02, 2021
Rareoil:
Someone should compare this phone with Poco X3 Pro, which is more superior.

Poco X3 Pro Specs

• 6.67" FHD+ 120Hz IPS LCD Display
• Plastic Back
• Corning Gorilla Glass 6
• Snapdragon 860 CPU
• 48MP + 8MP+ 2MP +2MP Back Camera
• 20MP Front Camera
• 6GB + 128GB, 8GB +128GB, 8GB +256GB - RAM/Storage
• 5160mAh Battery (33Watt Charging)
• Android 11
• 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4mm & 215g

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro storage: 6GB/128GB variant retails for N95,000 ($200), the 8GB/128GB variant retails for N107,000 ($220), while the 8GB/256GB variant retails for N125,000 ($260).
the poco x3 pro
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Kessythegeek(m): 7:36am On Jul 02, 2021
You seriously wants to collect my 228k for an Helio powered processor?

Tecno dey mad.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Randerl: 7:38am On Jul 02, 2021
Upgrading this Phantom X to the next Android OS iteration is via a BRAND NEW Phantom XI.

Not Future proof, UNupdateable, outdated process and no further development.

Now at Transmission,
This is how we roll.

7 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2021
Well folks,

You all can now see that we the honest critic's has been justified

Tecno has been a monumental scam since time immemorial

A so called flagship with a mid-range Helio G95 chipset ? Yes, I know what you're thinking , same on the mid-range camon 17pro?

Sadly yes, and both will definitely offer same mid-range performance so why the hell would this one be termed flagship?

Mid-range phone with Helio G95= 138k

Flagship phone is sold for 230k with THE VERY SAME Helio G95 no be juju be that?

By the way, show me a brand who is silly enough to do such abomination and i will show you a virgin pregnant she goat

This is a great injustice to the average consumer

and those of you who would quote me, don't come here and mention AMOLED, curved screen, refresh rate, 8GB/256GB

Please, please, please that's stale

Other brands have always been adding most of such features with a GREATLY BETTER CHIPSET WORTHY ENOUGH on their flagship and even their mid-range too

And guess what?

They're all damm cheaperangry

12 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2021
Kessythegeek:
You seriously wants to collect my 228k for an Helio powered processor?

Tecno dey mad.
Sadly, the blind tech illiterates and anywhere Belle face influencers would nail you for this truth.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Flamees(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2021
Samsung S20 Self na Around that price Range
Range
See Tecno are criminals Selling an underpowered device for that amount
I bet this Device won't be A success
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Flamees(m): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2021
skywalker240:
Well folks,

A so called flagship with a mid-range Helio G95 chipset ? Yes, I know what you're thinking , same on the mid-range camon 17pro?

Sadly yes, and both will definitely offer same mid-range performance so why the hell would this one be termed flagship?

Flagship phone is sold for 230k with the same Helio G95 (by the way, show me a brand who is silly enough to do such abomination and i will show you a virgin pregnant she goat)

and those of you who would quote me, don't come here and mention AMOLED, curved screen, refresh rate, 8GB/256GB

Other brands have always been adding most of such features on their flagship and even their mid-range too

And guess what?

A device that won't even get an Android Updates
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2021
Flamees:

A device that won't even get an Android Updates
Absolutely correct

Flagship with 1080p resolution shocked

If they can sell a mid-range Helio G95 chipset device for 230k, then how much would they retail a flagship killer like the dymensity 800 series ? above 400k i guess.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 8:15am On Jul 02, 2021
Marvel6233:
I just tire for Tecno. They made the Phantom X a great device, but almost killed it with the Over Price. However, there are some cool things that can't be ignored. For example, the AMOLED curved display experience, the 50MP Ultra night camera, the laser autofocus and newly developed "Ella" voice assistant.

The major issue here would be the price and chipset. 228k (~$550) for a MediaTek helio G95 is annoyingly over price. Also, the Phantom X might not get any major software update. Which means, it might remain Android 11 all through and that is hard to swallow because of the high price.

The performance of the Phantom X is similar to that of Camon 17 Pro which is about 100k cheaper. Can you imagine!

That's what Transsion have been known for

Make something exciting and at the same time kill the mojo.

They made infinix note 7, when people are getting tired of their constant repetition of Helio A22, P22 and guess what? With same outdated type b charge plus 720p resolution on a 7" screen

Bland creativity

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Incredible128: 8:21am On Jul 02, 2021
Marvel6233:

tecno tried sha in d design department; I kind of lyk d design, it's kind of stylish but I feel they should at least used a mediatek dimensity 900 chipset to complete it's flagship status. (My little 2 cents sha grin) but they tried none the less

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by MrBONE2(m): 8:49am On Jul 02, 2021
skywalker240:
Well folks,

Flagship phone is sold for 230k with THE VERY SAME Helio G95 no be juju be that?

By the way, show me a brand who is silly enough to do such abomination and i will show you a virgin pregnant she goat

Other brands have always been adding most of such features with a GREATLY BETTER CHIPSET WORTHY ENOUGH on their flagship and even their mid-range too

And guess what?

You have said it all Bwana grin

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by KrazyDave16(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2021
The price of this device claiming flagship levels can buy me these BRAND NEW

OP 8
OP 9R
Samsung S20 FE 5G and S21 5G
Realme GT 5G/GT Neo Flash
iPhone 11
Mi 10
LG V60

Funny thing is they got flagship grade SoC and their spec sheet is neat too (the GT Neo Flash with dimensity 1200 is about $350).

Dunno what type of crack they smoking to come up with this.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2021
The samsung galaxy a72 8gb 128 ram currently goes for 200kundecided while the 256 variant goes for 250k to 312k but its not transsion so its all good......signing out✈
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by sunshineV(f): 10:50am On Jul 02, 2021
skywalker240:

Absolutely correct

Flagship with 1080p resolution shocked

If they can sell a mid-range Helio G95 chipset device for 230k, then how much would they retail a flagship killer like the dymensity 800 series ? above 400k i guess.
tecno sold helio p35 and no android update for 95k...na dat time i give up
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by sunshineV(f): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
The samsung galaxy a72 8gb 128 ram currently goes for 200kundecided while the 256 variant goes for 250k to 312k but its not transsion so its all good......signing out✈
crack...u don't have an argument
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by HONESTFACT101(m): 10:56am On Jul 02, 2021
sunshineV:
crack...u don't have an argument
oga scoot off......signing out✈
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by sunshineV(f): 10:57am On Jul 02, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
oga scoot off......signing out✈
kick the bucket if e pain u
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:02am On Jul 02, 2021
sunshineV:
kick the bucket if e pain u
exactly but it no pain me so bros get out......signing out✈
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by masterfactor(m): 11:06am On Jul 02, 2021
When we criticize this trassion people, they will rain all sort of insult on you, some even say "I am using a touch light phone to access Nairaland". A 2019 flagship from a top brand will beat this 2021 Tecno flagship blue black.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 11:07am On Jul 02, 2021
MrBONE2:

You have said it all Bwana grin
it would shock you, that this same phantom crap is not the same 228k in price equivalent when converted in indian, asian or orther markets overseas.

these idiots takes Africans for dummies.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by masterfactor(m): 11:11am On Jul 02, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
Na this your way of reasoning na him make you score 88 for jambgringringrin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by sunshineV(f): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
shuuu ekuke
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by omotola90(m): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2021
masterfactor:

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2021
sunshineV:
tecno sold helio p35 and no android update for 95k...na dat time i give up
the monumental disaster called CAMON 15 PREMIER i can never forget, and then they even increased the price to 115k - 120k. Scammers grin
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by sunshineV(f): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2021
skywalker240:

the monumental disaster called CAMON 15 PREMIER i can never forget, and then they even increased the price to 115k - 120k. Scammers grin
useless bunch
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 11:21am On Jul 02, 2021
sunshineV:
shuuu ekuke
HONESTFACT101:
sunshineV:
shuuu ekuke
una two don start fight again. grin
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2021
masterfactor:

shocked

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by sunshineV(f): 11:25am On Jul 02, 2021
skywalker240:
una two don start fight again. grin
d jambite no dey reason grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ram Upgrade On Smartphones Such As N73, Others? / Lollipop Update Now Available For Infinix Zero X506 / Help: New Age Power Bank Stop Charging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.