Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,693 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price (4047 Views)

How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! / Live Unveiling Of The TECNO Phantom X Device (watch Live) / Tecno Spark 4 Air Unboxing And Review - Almost Perfect! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by sunshineV(f): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2021
masterfactor:

Na this your way of reasoning na him make you score 88 for jambgringringrin
GETAT!!! grin grin grin
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Jeffy1206(m): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2021
I have nothing to say undecided
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by RiseAbove(m): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
The samsung galaxy a72 8gb 128 ram currently goes for 200kundecided while the 256 variant goes for 250k to 312k but its not transsion so its all good......signing out✈
Anyways... Samsung a72 256gb is 220k in shops around my area
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Stellar360(m): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2021
Rareoil:
Someone should compare this phone with Poco X3 Pro, which is more superior.

Poco X3 Pro Specs

• 6.67" FHD+ 120Hz IPS LCD Display
• Plastic Back
• Corning Gorilla Glass 6
• Snapdragon 860 CPU
• 48MP + 8MP+ 2MP +2MP Back Camera
• 20MP Front Camera
• 6GB + 128GB, 8GB +128GB, 8GB +256GB - RAM/Storage
• 5160mAh Battery (33Watt Charging)
• Android 11
• 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4mm & 215g

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro storage: 6GB/128GB variant retails for N95,000 ($200), the 8GB/128GB variant retails for N107,000 ($220), while the 8GB/256GB variant retails for N125,000 ($260).

Bro you still want comparisons??
(Even as you know say Poco X3 gap Phantom X papa)

No worries man, lemme see what I can do....

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by HONESTFACT101(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2021
masterfactor:

Na this your way of reasoning na him make you score 88 for jambgringringrin
rest ogacheesy......signing out✈
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by HONESTFACT101(m): 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
sunshineV:
i am an ekuke
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
sunshineV:
d jambite no dey reason grin
Abeg mercy am, na smallie. grin
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Rareoil(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
Stellar360:

Bro you still want comparisons?? (Even as you know say Poco X3 gap Phantom X papa)
No worries man, lemme see what I can do....

why is phantom X now very expensive then.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Stellar360(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2021
Rareoil:

why is phantom X now very expensive then.
Transsion's flaw, I guess
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by queenfav(f): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
Wahala for anybody when go carry 200k plus buy this phone.A phone that won't get andriod updates!
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by DarkJeddi(m): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
The samsung galaxy a72 8gb 128 ram currently goes for 200kundecided while the 256 variant goes for 250k to 312k but its not transsion so its all good......signing out✈
How can you compare Samsung and Tecno?

Are you trying to be clever by half?

When you buy a Samsung Galaxy..

You are paying a premium for the brand..

And you are GUARANTEED LONG TERM SOFTWARE SUPPORT..

Tell me..

WHAT EXACTLY are we paying 228K for?

On the Phantom X?
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by HONESTFACT101(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
DarkJeddi:
How can you compare Samsung and Tecno?

Are you trying to be clever by half?

When you buy a Samsung Galaxy..

You are paying a premium for the brand..

And you are GUARANTEED LONG TERM SOFTWARE SUPPORT..

Tell me..

WHAT EXACTLY are we paying 228K for?

On the Phantom X?
Just mentioned two overpriced devices that's all......signing out✈
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by shogsman(m): 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2021
Rareoil:
Someone should compare this phone with Poco X3 Pro, which is more superior.

Poco X3 Pro Specs

• 6.67" FHD+ 120Hz IPS LCD Display
• Plastic Back
• Corning Gorilla Glass 6
• Snapdragon 860 CPU
• 48MP + 8MP+ 2MP +2MP Back Camera
• 20MP Front Camera
• 6GB + 128GB, 8GB +128GB, 8GB +256GB - RAM/Storage
• 5160mAh Battery (33Watt Charging)
• Android 11
• 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4mm & 215g

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro storage: 6GB/128GB variant retails for N95,000 ($200), the 8GB/128GB variant retails for N107,000 ($220), while the 8GB/256GB variant retails for N125,000 ($260).
Lol sey you wan Thief am for dat price ni
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Rareoil(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2021
shogsman:

source: https://www.nairaland.com/6528056/xiaomi-poco-x3-pro-unboxing
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by shogsman(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2021
Rareoil:

source: https://www.nairaland.com/6528056/xiaomi-poco-x3-pro-unboxing
Lol grin grin grin,the phone sef scarce
It goes for around 135 for the 128gig and 145 for the 256gig version but it is a hundred million times better than this second rate chunk transion just released

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by KrazyDave16(m): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2021
shogsman:

Phone someone wanted to sell for 82k days ago...
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by DarkJeddi(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
Just mentioned two overpriced devices that's all......signing out✈
Then you should learn how to put things into context..

Next you,will be naming some overpriced iphones..
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by shogsman(m): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2021
KrazyDave16:

Phone someone wanted to sell for 82k days ago...
Maybe e see am for ground,even ordinary X3 NFS sef can't sell for that cheap
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by KrazyDave16(m): 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
Dafuq did you get this price??

A72 256GB variant MSRP is no way above 200k at the moment (depends on location and retail stores, not jumia and co).
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by KrazyDave16(m): 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2021
shogsman:

Maybe e see am for ground,even ordinary X3 NFS sef can't sell for that cheap
Na newbie him be for d biz

https://www.nairaland.com/6618045/phone-worth-selling-82k#103037077
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2021
only the fools will pay more than 75k for g95, common sense.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Sainthia: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
Marvel6233:
I just tire for Tecno. They made the Phantom X a great device, but almost killed it with the Over Price. However, there are some cool things that can't be ignored. For example, the AMOLED curved display experience, the 50MP Ultra night camera, the laser autofocus and newly developed "Ella" voice assistant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMVxI3Htejo

The major issue here would be the price and chipset. 228k (~$550) for a MediaTek helio G95 is annoyingly over price. Also, the Phantom X might not get any major software update. Which means, it might remain Android 11 all through and that is hard to swallow because of the high price.

The performance of the Phantom X is similar to that of Camon 17 Pro which is about 100k cheaper. Can you imagine!

The two major issues: the High Price (228k) and the MediaTek helio G95 chip

Tecno once made a great smartphone, but almost killed it with over price
this phone is for the rich.. omo
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Yourfav: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
Sainthia:
this phone is for the rich.. omo
not the typical tecno phone we use to know
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Ishilove: 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2021
The only thing Tecno has going for it is the Camera. Shitty phone
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by skywalker240(m): 6:33am On Jul 03, 2021
Sainthia:
this phone is for the rich and foolish who actually doesnt know what to do with money omo
fixed. (8
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by homosapien(m): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2021
RiseAbove:

Anyways... Samsung a72 256gb is 220k in shops around my area

Where be your area, I intend getting it tomorrow for someone
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by thepoweruser(m): 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2021
Hi guvs,just got back from the banland angry angry angry and I'm enjoying the drama grin. Nairaland be like England vs Italy; wallahi. grin wink

Okay, now time to get serious. @Marvel6233, forget your studio setup or your lighting; I think I've just watched the best Phantom X review. In my opinion, valorreviews and yours are on the same level in terms of judgement and sincerity. Thumbs up and keep it up! After this post I wan go run to YouTube go subscribe. Just hoping you improve the quality of the shoot. Nice one, boss.

Now, we're getting to the meat of the matter. @Honestfact101 has a point. Some places in Nigeria that sell Samsung's A72 for over 200K! Jeez! I mean the base version, because say na Samsung. Mtchewww. It's overpriced too. Abeg, nor go near those gaddem places.

The low light performance of the main camera is impressive. Tecno, you try. Make I no lie you. But the quality, while not really flagship (high-end oh) level, is really impressive for a midranger. Though the A72, certainly not better than the Phantom in build quality, certainly trashes it in durability (IP67 rating) and of course, software support and quality. OIS on that main lens certainly narrows the gap. (OneUI is far ahead of HiOS, ads and all. Ewww). And it does have a telephoto.

Poco X3 Pro? Mad oh. Worse build quality. Main camera not as impressive. Certainly similar ultrawide sensor (Curse those bloody useless 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras on midrangers). Worse selfie. The Phantom certainly wins with it's far more versatile cameras. 90Hz AMOLED still better than 120Hz LCD. But I'd pick the Poco. Why? You may ask. Far superior haptic feedback, better speakers (stereo), way better software, and of course; price. And Snapdragon 860? (essentially a Snapdragon 855++).

Redmi Note 10 Pro, certainly best affordable phone of the year, and a better match overall. Can the Phantom win this one? Well, not really. The Phantom certainly has better camera specs, but the Redmi is just a better overall phone. No contest.

BONUS: NA 230K, ABI? OYA MAKE WE ADD iPhone 11 Pro UK USED. DOES THE PHANTOM WIN? IT CANT EVEN GET CLOSE. grin

FACT IS, THE PHONE TOO COST. WHY NOT 180,000 NAIRA? WELL, MAYBE THEY WANNA PUT PHANTOM WITH APPLE AND SAMMY. SORRY O cheesy. HELL, EVEN THE XIAOMI MI 10 IS THE SAME PRICE! TRANSSION; YOU MESSED UP BIG TIME!

BUY THIS FOR 230 GRAND ONLY IF:
1) YOU ARE A RICH AND RABID TECNO FAN AND YOU LOVE HIOS AND DON'T CARE ABOUT UPDATES.
2) YOU WANNA PAY 230K TO SEE WIZKID. grin grin grin
3) YOU HAVE 230K BURNING A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET AND MARKETERS DON SING LIKE MOSQUITO FOR YOUR EAR. grin grin

GOOD LUCK TO FUTURE BUYERS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Epass2f: 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
queenfav:
Wahala for anybody when go carry 200k plus buy this phone.A phone that won't get andriod updates!

And wahala for who no come get the money to buy phone of that price range just because you never reach the level to use am ..

And I am sure you are craving for it... grin
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by chocoboi: 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
Ishilove:
The only thing Tecno has going for it is the Camera. Shitty phone

Then what are you looking for in a phone if not Camera quality and the phone storage...
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by Ishilove: 3:00pm On Aug 11, 2021
chocoboi:

Then what are you looking for in a phone if not Camera quality and the phone storage...
The battery life is below par
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by sunshineV(f): 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2021
chocoboi:

the camera is shit according to gsmarena. there are a lot of phones that perform better than it at that price point
Re: Tecno Phantom X Unboxing And Review: Almost Killed By The Price by queenfav(f): 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2021
Epass2f:

And wahala for who no come get the money to buy phone of that price range just because you never reach the level to use am ..

And I am sure you are craving for it... grin
Abi o,especially as I haven't even seen 200k in my life before.One day we go reach that level of using phone of even 50k.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase / Huawei Vs Xiaomi / PHANTOM X Review: Premium Hardware, Mid-range Price!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.