Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,269 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu (2274 Views)

Why David Hundeyin Was Arrested, Detained And Deported From Zimbabwe / Oluwaferanmi Moses Arrested, Detained For 20 Days By Lagos Police / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by deantimes(m): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2021
Detained leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has narrated how he was arrested and extradited back to the country.

Mr Kanu, according to Abubakar Malami, Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), was brought back to Nigeria on Sunday and was re-arraigned on Tuesday in continuation of his trials on charges of treasonable felony.

Speculations began as to which country helped in extraditing the IPOB leader who is also a British citizen. His younger brother, Emmanuel, said he was arrested in Kenya, a claim now confirmed by the secessionist leader when he met with his lawyers on Friday, despite the denial of the Kenyan government feigning ignorance of his arrest and extradition.

He is represented by Ifeanyi Ejiofor, the lead counsel of the defendant who was allowed to meet his clients held at the headquarters of the State Security Service (SSS).

In a statement on what transpired during the meeting, Mr Ejiofor said his client was detained in Kenya for eight days and handed over to the Nigerian authorities who then flew him back to the country to face his ongoing trial.

Below is a statement from the lawyer after the meeting.

Update on meeting with MNK today, 2nd July 2021:

My Client – Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, was actually abducted by the accursed Kenya’s Special Police Force on the 18th of June 2021 at their International Airport, and consequently taken to an undisclosed residence under dehumanizing conditions.

He was tortured and subjected to all forms of inhuman treatment which worsened his health condition. *He was illegally detained for eight (cool good DAYS in Kenya* before being transfered to their Nigerian counterpart.

He was purportedly investigated on a bogus charge while in their custody, ostensibly, awaiting to be handed over after their findings proved him innocent of all the spurious allegations. They later beckoned on their Nigerian Counterpart to take over.

Kenyan Government was deeply involved in the abduction, detention and ill-treatment of my Client before the illegal handover to their Nigerian counterpart.

A scan of his heart showed that the heart has enlarged by 13% due to the dehumanizing treatment meted to him. There will be need for immediate proper medical examination and attention for him.

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu conveyed his goodwill message to all IPOB family members worldwide, and craved for your unrelentless prayers.

We are going back to the Court for the needful. Other details cannot be entertained here.

His fortified legal team will address these infractions at the proper forum as we progress. Other details on our legal strategy, may not be made public.

With Chukwuokike Abiama on our side, Victory is assured. For if God Almighty be for us, who can be against us?

#freeMaziNnamdiKanu#

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/how-i-was-arrested-in-kenya-detained-for-8-days-before-extradited-to-nigeria-nnamdi-kanu/

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
Devil and Amadioha punish cownu and all his brainwashed swines, they will never escape the result of their evil crimes.

Cownu's end is nigh.
The mothers of all evil and wicked swines supporting him and cheering him on with al the vicious and merciless murders, will cry the same way our miracle nwobodo mother cried refusing to be consoled.
Painful deaths shall be all your portion in life, y'all cannot never escape the evil you have done, never!

Who says God doesn't answer prayers?!
Killing of innocent boys and girls in igboland on the command of the mental animal called Cownu, shekau and James Nwafor.
Painful ends await them all evil animals

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
.......... Mr Ejiofor said his client was detained in Kenya for eight days and handed over to the Nigerian authorities who then flew him back to the country to face his ongoing trial.

Genius100:
His heart has already enlarged by 13% after just days off detention? The coward is already trying to abscond for medical reasons, meanwhile he sent dozens of hapless IPOB youths to their death.. Silly coward!
He will definitely reap the fruits of all the murders and killings of innocent souls in igbo land and the country at large. He will never escape the consequences of his crimes

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by GodIsPerfect(f): 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2021
Another one. Different stories

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by AdaSunshine(f): 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2021
Inciter in chief.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by deantimes(m): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2021
grin

I said it, Kenya govt is known for extraditing asylum seekers.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by FarahAideed: 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kai na wa ooo
Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by PrinceOfLagos: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
It is well
Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by athaboi(f): 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2021
So wrong
Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by InsideLove(f): 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2021
Ok
Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by Genius100: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
His heart has already enlarged by 13% after just days off detention? The coward is already trying to abscond for medical reasons, meanwhile he sent dozens of hapless IPOB youths to their death.. Silly coward!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by Abdul05: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
I told you guys earlier that they dent KANU with heavy blows on his face grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by SouthWestBlood(m): 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kenya just unnecessarily made themselves an enemy of Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by SouthWestBlood(m): 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
Genius100:

BMC spotted. You're doing well.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by sweetshisha: 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
cool

Lol

Tell us what Kenyan Special Police charged him for and tortured him for 8 days for before deporting him to Nigeria

Kanu did something in Kenya that they don't want us to know

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by CodeTemplar: 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Okay
Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by Habiyo: 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2021
It shall be well with MNK. Psalm 91v1-end. Mannequin Bahari your end is closer
Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by NwaNimo1(m): 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2021

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
The whole thing will still be like a film to Mazi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by Commentor: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
They should have scanned his system for cocaine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by Saifullah01: 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
ok we've heard your own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by Conrod: 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
post=103306241:
Reading
READING FOREVER WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.

This thing is fighting for ban on a site owned by a Yoruba man...and just yesterday, your cows from the desert invaded the house of another Yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by OssyMalik: 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2021
And Kenya is denying they have no hand in the abduction.

Truth is coming out
Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by Commentor: 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2021
SouthWestBlood:
Kenya just unnecessarily made themselves an enemy of Biafra.

And what can you do about it?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Arrested, Detained For 8 Days Before Extradited To Nigeria – Kanu by tollyboy5(m): 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 1.

1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
grin how much do admin pay you ma.

I remember onetime grin you reported me. Moya delete gbogbo comment ni sharp sharp grin

You think sey you smart.

(1) (2)

Fami Fani-kayode Slams Atiku Over Obi / Shettima Is A Terrorist, Peter Obi Has Best Manifesto - Hajia Naja'atu / Obi Flew In A Private Plane That Conducted The Online Polls In His Favor-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.