Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

My Son Is Too Shy - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is Too Shy (24948 Views)

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / She Is Too Shy To Initiate Lovemaking With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by LienwaltAbel(m): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

A country being civilized doesn’t mean that there’s lack of issues or zero crime. Idk why you thought my previous post implied that as you started listing crimes that happen in JPN
I was listing their severe problems so you'd see that they aren't perfect (they have nasty issues though)
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by vis2change(m): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2021
He is used to people shouting at him, to build his confidence back, he needs to be loved, allowed to misbehave and get away with it.

Engage him in fun conversations, let him a game, debate etc among peers.

And just encourage him no matter the outcome

Youngvegetable:
Help family. I have a child, a 5 year old boy who grew up with his mum. We were much younger when we had the child.

Until recently, she brought my child to me, she traveled to Ghana and married. I don't have a problem with that tho. My problem is with my son. He is too gentlemanly for my like. I don't even know if gentlemanly is the right term.

Dude is too timid for my liking. He looks exactly like me and all that but his behaviors are just not what I was when I was his age. He is too timid, kind and lenient. Please what could I do to toughen him up apart of beating. I need a my child. Imagine one small boy was dragging the biscuit I bought for him and he still have the boy and still give him water. It was the strangest thing I have seen in a while. Where the hell did he get that leniency and kindness from? I was never like this

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by SenecaTheYonger: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

I was listing their severe problems so you'd see that they aren't perfect (they have nasty issues though)

If I was referring to perfect countries, I would have specifically said that. I only said civilized.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by GodisFirst: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
Let him be, he is still a young man, he can change anytime. But pray he doesn't get to be the bad type than can even kill his father. grin grin grin grin
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by madjune(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
Play gangster rap tunes for him, like Tupac and biggie nonstop.
Nigga take from a nigga.
Nigga kill a nigga.

He will wake up by force.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
Be greatful to God.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Probz(m): 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2021
Youngvegetable:
Help family. I have a child, a 5 year old boy who grew up with his mum. We were much younger when we had the child.

Until recently, she brought my child to me, she traveled to Ghana and married. I don't have a problem with that tho. My problem is with my son. He is too gentlemanly for my like. I don't even know if gentlemanly is the right term.

Dude is too timid for my liking. He looks exactly like me and all that but his behaviors are just not what I was when I was his age. He is too timid, kind and lenient. Please what could I do to toughen him up apart of beating. I need a my child. Imagine one small boy was dragging the biscuit I bought for him and he still have the boy and still give him water. It was the strangest thing I have seen in a while. Where the hell did he get that leniency and kindness from? I was never like this

How is beating the answer? Did the boy choose to be shy?
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by chlowi(f): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2021
Kandeed:
Humans will never be satisfied even if God gives them the world. you happen to have a kid who's gentle, too kind and you wanna swap that character for a thug like own?? meanwhile some families are there praying day and Night for God to change their hardened Son to ur typa boy. u got urs on a plater of Gold but you are not satisfied yet, u prolly want the tough, stubborn one.

I guess you don't know the advantage of having the type of ur boy
1. He'll quickly heed to correction and training
2. He wouldn't want to do anything that would make you mad/sad
3. Reasonable people will love me
4. people will fight to defend him if he's wrongly accused
5. with a tender heart as such he'll always have you in mind
6. he'll take to heart any advice or parental guidance easily
7. He'll respect you
8. he'll be well behaved and peer pressure may likely not affect him immediately since ur training will keep ringing to his ears. To mention but a few.

and what you don't know is that, in a bid to change an extremely gentle person the end product would be an extremely rebellious kid. there's no such thing as having a touch of gentility and a touch of stubbornness mixed together. you're either gentle or haughty/stubborn. so choose one

Thank you
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Binnoadams111: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
Kandeed:
Humans will never be satisfied even if God gives them the world. you happen to have a kid who's gentle, too kind and you wanna swap that character for a thug like own?? meanwhile some families are there praying day and Night for God to change their hardened Son to ur typa boy. u got urs on a plater of Gold but you are not satisfied yet, u prolly want the tough, stubborn one.

7. He'll respect you
8. he'll be well behaved and peer pressure may likely not affect him immediately since ur training will keep ringing to his ears. To mention but a few.

and what you don't know is that, in a bid to change an extremely gentle person the end product would be an extremely rebellious kid. there's no such thing as having a touch of gentility and a touch of stubbornness mixed together. you're either gentle or haughty/stubborn. so choose one

People are not satisfied in this world. I wonder where the world is heading to. How on earth will someone not like a child that is gentle and kind?
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Henon: 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2021
Bilabong:
Send him to a boarding school... He should learn how his mates behave.

And again don't allow him watch cartoons, I recommend action movies (war).
This advice( sending him to boarding was) may not be the right thing to do now. His timidity could and would be used against him especially the seniors. There are homosexuals there. You need to keep close eye on him.
Ensure he play with kids, engage him in social activities that involve crowd.

Finally, being an introvert is never a crime. We all are wired differently.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Ayo2004: 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
Op,don't mind the people telling you to leave the child
Ghana and Nigeria have become survival of the fittest,if you are nice,they would manipulate,dupe and finish you especially for a male
In this part of the world,nice people are considered gullible and that child will be treated like a pussy when he grows up since he is unable to stand for himself

15years old is too old to mould a child into anything,start from now,teach him that if someone collects his biscuits for no reason,he should show the other child werey because that's how it starts,from collecting biscuits to severe bullying in school to falling victim to dubious people
I advice you act like a gentle werey in front of him since children observe more than they listen
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Fantazy(m): 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
So u want him to start breaking bottle on his mates head.
People will Never cherish better things for this world
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Gfskw: 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
Really
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by JennyOfOldstones(f): 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
The boy is still 5 years old for God's sake; Allow him to grow. Some people sef...you'll not thank God for blessing you with a well behaved child. Maybe you'll be happy to have one that will steal your money and break a bottle on your head one day

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by CoolJulian: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
All this on the head of a 5 year old?... Imagine!

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by yollychika(f): 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
Leave him like that ... no be every body suppose mean
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Lilpen3758: 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
Obrigardo:

HOW IS DRUGGING A 5 YEAR OLD THE BEST ADVICE?

ARE YOU CRAZY?
so you are so dumb that you didn't know that the reply was an attempt at sarcasm??or are you a fool??
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
bigjackass:
abeg leave am. The one I have here is Satan's offspring. Both young and old avoid him.
shocked shocked
your son! shocked
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by themanderon: 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
You must be an evil person that's why you are surprised that the boy is an angel. You want him to be like you but I must warn you to be careful of what you wish for. If that boy becomes hardened its the same you that will run back to this forum seeking for solutions. Allow the boy be who nature has made him to be.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Oshokalo: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
Leave that boy abey,if his behaviour is the opposite now na u go still dey complain nairaland pls advice
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Babastrong(m): 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2021
You have a great son. Don't change the destiny of the dude. I bet you sure, from your description i can see the like of mandela in your family.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Ishilove: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
You fvcking demon. You realize if we had more people like your son, this country would look better than Japan.

How do you even think people from civilized countries behave? Please note that I don’t consider America a civilized country, only Japan and Singapore (maybe some small European countries like Luxembourg etc)

We honestly don’t need people like you, OP, in this country. There’s millions of your type here that’s why it’s a shiithole.

Yes, all offence intended.
Bros you dey vex o
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by faceland: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
Use word. Teach him self esteem (how to love himself).
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by ikorodureporta: 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
Youngvegetable:

You have a good boy & u'r still complaining.... Just teach him some karate..& toughen his mind with some action movies... Dem no born anybody
well to oppress am..

As I big so, people still dey try to oppress me because of quietness too... But my crayze level dey scare some like hell
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2021
That was me when I was younger,
Initially I wasn't that timid, but somehow between sunday school, be a gentleman, good boy and all that, I became so timid, shy, over gentle and all
People took advantage of me including my mates, lost several opportunities but been thougt to be gentle, don't revenge be a good boy, be nice , it's better to allow people to cheat you than to deal with them etc I remain helpless..
And here I am 20+ though I rapidly improve within the past one year, I sometimes still struggle with expressing my self and doing what I really wanted to do.

Now I'm not saying it's not ok to be gentle, and good but that it should never come from a place of being shy, timid and low self esteem and it's better to deal with it now as he is younger than later on in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by whippersnapper(m): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
Kandeed:

7. He'll respect you

how do I like this a thousand time
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Ubdavis(m): 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
U honestly don't have what today?
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Clinghton: 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
Speak to him, he hasn't been taught how to behave.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Hathor5(f): 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
You fvcking demon. You realize if we had more people like your son, this country would look better than Japan.

How do you even think people from civilized countries behave? Please note that I don’t consider America a civilized country, only Japan and Singapore (maybe some small European countries like Luxembourg etc)

We honestly don’t need people like you, OP, in this country. There’s millions of your type here that’s why it’s a shiithole.

Yes, all offence intended.

OP probably thinks he is alpha male. cheesy They confuse being a man with being an asshole.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Too Shy by Goldbw122(m): 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2021
Dont worry he is observing the environment, you will soon know the real him.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by waynedc: 4:00am On Jul 06, 2021
Youngvegetable:

Children are the epitome of the qualities of how humanity should be. Children love unconditionally until they learn certain habits from the world. All I can decipher from your post is that you have a loving and selfless soul as a son...don't try to change him. Let him be. Your son put his ego aside to realize that the other boy could have been more hungry than him and was willing to hand over everything. The world needs more people like him.
Re: My Son Is Too Shy by ofiko123(m): 4:22am On Jul 06, 2021
Don't worry he is going to outgrow it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / Mother's Day : Drop A Message For Your Mother / How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.