Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

"Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" (546 Views)

Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Mentally Challenged Woman Healed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress - Autoreportng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by PaulDasilva(m): 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
It is commonplace for new converts to the Christian faith to be led through prayers/confessions of repentance from sins & the acceptance of Jesus as lord, savior & the son of God. Thereafter, they are enjoined to join the nearest living church & continue in the word of God.
Premium is placed on baptism of repentance while the baptism of the Holy Ghost is often passively treated, unlike in the days of the early apostles. The result of this is that it produces Christians who lack the boldness to witness Jesus to people, can't walk in the supernatural, weak in the place of prayers, prone to besetting sins & backsliding.
It was the custom of the early apostles to ensure that new converts are imparted with the Holy Ghost (Acts 8:5-17, 10:44, 19:1-7).
The Holy Spirit is the network & operating system of every true believer (Acts 1:cool He's also the proof that you're of Christ (Rom 8:9).
Paul's question in Acts 19:2 is posed to every believer today, "Have ye received the HolyGhost since ye believed?"
Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yes I have by the grace of God. It was in 2016 even though I gave my life to Christ in 2001.
Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by PaulDasilva(m): 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
CharisEleos:
Yes I have by the grace of God. It was in 2016 even though I gave my life to Christ in 2001.

God be praised! Was it in the place of prayers or through impartation?
Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by Sirmuel1(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
PaulDasilva:

Can you explain the two?

1 Like

Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2021
PaulDasilva:

It was through impartation.
I went for personal deliverance prayers and the the man of God laid hands on me. After he left off I started speaking in tongues.

It's always glorious and refreshing each time I speak in tongues.

2 Likes

Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by PaulDasilva(m): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Can you explain the two?
By the place of prayer, I meant praying personally and earnestly for the in-filling of the Holy Ghost, the latter is receiving the Holy Ghost through the laying on of the hands by another believer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by PaulDasilva(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
CharisEleos:

It was through impartation.
I went for personal deliverance prayers and the the man of God laid hands on me. After he left off I started speaking in tongues.

It's always glorious and refreshing each time I speak in tongues.
Mine was through impartation too, almost a decade ago. Awesome experience!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
PaulDasilva:

Wow! Good to know.
Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by Sirmuel1(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2021
PaulDasilva:
By the place of prayer, I meant praying personally and earnestly for the in-filling of the Holy Ghost, the latter is receiving the Holy Ghost through the laying on of the hands by another believer.

Will the same power in the Person come upon you? Or will the Holy Ghost decide which to give you by himself?
Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by PaulDasilva(m): 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Will the same power in the Person come upon you? Or will the Holy Ghost decide which to give you by himself?
The Holy Spirit is the same, universally. He holds back no measure of Himself when He fills you up and dwells in you and it's beyond the one laying hands on you to decide how/how much the Holy Spirit ought to fill you up.
Re: "Have Ye Received The Holy Ghost Since Ye Believed?" by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
PaulDasilva:
You have the Spirit of God Himself living inside of you for almost a decade? Interesting! undecided

So, what has been the result of your having God living on the inside of you for almost a decade now?

Being free from slavery to sin for that long must be an experience to talk about?

How does the light of Jesus Christ "shine" through you? undecided

(1) (Reply)

BBC Dubs Storm Waves In Newhaven, England: Idol "neptune" / Life Has No Meaning (A Thread For Nihilists) / I'm Beginning To Question Almost Everything I Believed In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.