Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,987 members, 7,845,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman (36812 Views)

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? / Dominion City Lagos Church Outside Church - At Home (Live Video) / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by goodman1987: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Why disturbing yourself about something that is not benefit your soul, they is nothing like Christianity quit before it too late
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Belafonte(m): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
AntiWailer:
Imagine.

So they did not discuss all these before the party ?

Oh, they obviously did. But as soon as they got married, madam wasn't feeling the church anymore so the agreement became null and void based on her feelings grin
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Ishilove: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
STICK WITH FAITH OF YOUR FATHERS,THERE IS NO DENOMINATION OR SEGGREGATION IN HEAVEN! angry
Best comment on this thread.

Work out your salvation with fear and trembling. In heaven there is no wife, husband, child, denomination etcetera.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by UBGGA(f): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Thank God for your life bro. I'm a Catholic and enjoy the programs of charismatic groups in the church. I also tried following friends to Dominion City then but I found out that what they did most was just preaching of prosperity and showmanship. I later realised the charismatic group in the Catholic Church is one of the best Christian fellowships one can have. I'm proudly a Catholic and understand the treasures the church have

You found Dominion City as a prosperity and showmanship church? Oh wow!
I was an atheist for years. Dominion City is the reason I serve God unashamedly now, and have a relationship with the Holy Spirit today.

Something my branch Pastor used to say: "If you stay here for 3 months and nothing changes in you, this is not the church for you. I suppose it wasn't for you.

Regardless, it's great you found a place to worship and connect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Ashinze: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
All this things you are saying is story. Women have to go to there husband church. Is dominion city a church of God? Talk say ashawo dey your eye. Follow your husband to his church ,
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Dim08: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hello nairalanders,

I won't say it's my friend sister or whatever,it's me. It's my question

For 5years of marriage, it's been conflicting about this church matter.

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks
First, consider your family. It is good for couple to hear the same message, this has a way of helping their spiritual growth. In a situation where the husband hear a message different from the one the wife hears, it becomes difficult to pray together, study together or filter messages together.

Also, you want your children to be raised in a church, not different churches with different doctrines,

Either bring your husband to your own church by prayer and good character

Or

Join him in his church by submission and patience

There cannot be two spiritual heads over one household.

RCCG is a family church....at first it may not look like what you want, with patience and open-mind, you will enjoy it.

Besides there are many parishes of the RCCG, you made it look as if RCCG churches are inferior to Dominion City.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by murphyibiam15(m): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
UBGGA:

You found Dominion City as a prosperity and showmanship church? Oh wow!
I was an atheist for years. Dominion City is the reason I serve God unashamedly now, and have a relationship with the Holy Spirit today.

Something my branch Pastor used to say: "If you stay here for 3 months and nothing changes in you, this is not the church for you. I suppose it wasn't for you.

Regardless, it's great you found a place to worship and connect.
Ah, don't get offended ma'am, I don't mean to criticise any church, maybe what I saw on the first day influenced that,
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by murphyibiam15(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
Nicoddemus:

I and my siblings go to different churches outside our parents. Doesn't make any difference
It does make, huge difference. Just that you can't miss what you never had, that's just life, so you will think you miss nothing
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Lotusgoddess(f): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
I attend DC so I get you, I understand you but you got to be submissive to your husband. Go to Redeemed it's still God's church. You can always watch online
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by emmyN(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
For those that don't know, there is a significant difference between Dominion City and RCCG which is what is fueling the lady's dilemma. One teaches the gospel of Jesus Christ, the other mixes Judaism and Christianity in an unholy alliance of stupendous confusion.

PS: I've never been to either of both churches.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by legabosh(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
If it were to be white garment and pentecostal in this case, many people could have said contrary that we don't serve same God .

However, God is available anywhere the church is just a building and we the people are the church as much as I don't like to dabble in family affair.

I would say that as a wife you need to be submissive to your husband .

Thanks
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by UBGGA(f): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Ah, don't get offended ma'am, I don't mean to criticise any church, maybe what I saw on the first day influenced that,

Oh no! I'm not offended at all. I was just sharing my Dominion City experience. We all need a place that works for us, the most important thing is you found one eventually.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by austink1(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
If your current pastor can’t advice you to obey your husband then I’m sorry you’re already in the wrong church!!! If your pastors wife is supporting her husband in your current church, my dear,, I’m sorry for you!!! Retrace your steps quickly and don’t let people mock you!! Respect your husband because he’s the God over you and not your pastor...
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hello nairalanders,

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks
what you didn't consider important don bite you for yansh cheesy
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by murphyibiam15(m): 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
UBGGA:

Oh no! I'm not offended at all. I was just sharing my Dominion City experience. We all need a place that works for us, the most important thing is you found one eventually.

Thank you, so which city do you worship from
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by NotGej: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
My take on this matter is as follows:

1. You are not proud of your husband.
2. You maybe strong willed and/ or a stubborn woman.
3. Others to follow in due course

To me this is sufficient personal grounds for separation etc
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by divineappo(m): 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks
"feeling of the Holy Spirit"

I am sure u used the wrong phrase in expressing yourself, but I think I understand you

NB: feeling is a thing of the flesh, u don't feel the Holy Spirit. You can't feel spirit

Back to your Post:
U are married to him, and you cannot be attending separate church.
If you think you don't enjoy worshipping at his church, with love, patience and prayer, you can win his heart. A good woman builds her home. The path u want to thread is wrong. Don't insist on going to a different church if your husband doesn't approve

When he divorce you, labour market is tight ooo, the single ladies in the market are even looking for husband, dem nor see.

If that church u like is online, you can still listen to their sermon online. Or u probably have some gossip mates there that u are missing
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by donvoice(m): 1:43am On Jul 05, 2021
Smiles... The truth is, you were not prepared for marriage, you only prepared for wedding.

Marriage is like following Christ, two things must be involved

1. You must count the cost

2. You must let go of every idol

Let me shorten my sermon. Your old church is your idol and remember what happened to Rachel who stole his father's idol.

Your husband and you have to go back to the drawing board and design how you want your home to look like
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by NewDawn2O21: 4:57am On Jul 05, 2021
Wittyduchess:
And how did that imporove your life? . Surely you must have made something out of your trolling business/ hobby by now . undecided

one more word from you and I'll be forced to put your pictures here so everyone can see you and take note of you
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 05, 2021
NewDawn2O21:
one more word from you and I'll be forced to put your pictures here so everyone can see you and take note of you
I hope it's the picture I used for my screen saver? Gosh! I love that picture of me.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Pharaoh94(m): 7:48am On Jul 05, 2021
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

I understand you. I left RCCG for Dominion City. Because i felt a huge change in spiritual life. The message in D.C wasn't prosperity but about Holy Spirit.

My advise to you, Reason with your husband to let you attend D.C for one sunday in a month and 3 for RCCG. Or attend RCCG and attend D.C for mid week service and Home Cell.

Dont argue with your husband if he refuses but do it in the spirit. Pray for him, put his case up to the Holy spirit. It is the Holyspirit that can do that.

And finally, show in your character that regardless of church. You love him and will always remain loyal and submissive. No man wants to his authority undermined.

Stay blessed sister.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by pedrilo: 8:41am On Jul 05, 2021
U WANT TO DIVIDE UR HOME BY UR SELF.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Sweetmango: 11:19am On Jul 05, 2021
Follow your husband to his church dear. If you do not feel the Holy Spirit in his church, that's the reason why you married him and not another person in dominion City, To invite the Holy Spirit into that particular branch of RCCG.
GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by rita25(f): 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
i am a christain but i may have to agree with u on this one embarassed
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
This is why I say Christians are one hell of confused people

Christians are always confused
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Dasgoro: 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2021

We have tried 3 different parishes, thank you sir for the advice I will try to be flexible

It is well �
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
Luak:
that's because environment and innate qualities build a person. But it is not good we create the environment for waywardness
Waywardness has no relationship with a parent attending different church. No empirical fact for now to support this
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2021
oluplus:

Obviously you didn't get my point. Wheather she follows the hubby to the same church or not is not my problem. But saying you worship in one church on Sundays and then move to the other during the week is what I don't support.
There is nothing wrong with that
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by UBGGA(f): 12:08am On Jul 06, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Thank you, so which city do you worship from

Abuja.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by KKele: 11:37am On Jul 06, 2021
But you have a choice to be happy. No one can take that from you. As long as you are not being pushed to sin, OP should decide to make herself happy.

True you don't get what you want 100%, you can make the best of where you find yourself. Many are in jobs that is not their 100% choice but can decide to love it or remain miserable - their choice.

The Redeemed that I know allows for creativity. Has she tried to introduce some ideas that will make her happy and same time improve the time church?

Take note, and you love to marry him, then accept him with all his baggages.

kevoh:

The problem with your response is you believe the real world is 1+1=2. No, it's not exactly that straightforward. You don't have to be ok with every decision especially one that causes you unhappiness.
You can be certain 100% about what you are getting into and still make the wrong choice or over time, your right choice becomes the wrong choice.
Factors that can easily turn a right choice to a wrong one are pretence, life altering experiences, stupidity, financial dependence, children etc.
You can not keep bottling unhappiness under the guise of following the husband's choice, if a husband decides to be a ritualist. Some people are trapped in such situations, and can not even quit the marriage because they depend 100% on their spouse to meet their financial needs!
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by PAPAFEELERS: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2021
Is this even an issue to be discussed?

Church is where you are!!!

The lady who raised this topic worships the Pastor of the Church and not God and this how alot of people in the christians folks has missed it.

The bible is there for you to study and meditate on and you dont need anybody to teach you to do this.

People worship thier pastors and not God in churches
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Lamanii22(f): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2021
Elisha111157:

I read this,I just laugh not because I intend to disdain your assertion but if I may ask, can God and God clash?,the will of God is revealed in different ways,but basically by the Word of God, are you saying that the husband is doing the wrong thing by insisting that the wife must go to the church he is attending, travel throughout the world,it's the standard of we men that keep changing,God has/will never/ change his own standard,The instruction is for wife to submit and this is not excluding church the husband is attending, using God now to beg God is somehow, I ask again can God and God clash?

When she said she's not feeling the church nko.... That's why I said it is only God that can help her there... And again they should have spoken about all these things before marriage...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

TB Joshua Paid My University Scholarship, Gave Me N8K Everyday In 2010 – Frodd / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.