Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? (9897 Views)

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman / Thousands Of Muslims Baptize And They Cry For Joy Thereby Speaking In Tongues / Is It Wrong For And Individual Christian To Baptize A Sinner After Be Preached T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Etizz: 7:02am On Nov 07, 2021
Blessed Sunday to you guys, A friend of mine who has Baptiste before in a different church decided to switch to another church entirely, but the pastor of the new church insisted that he must Baptiste again.

My friend is a worker in church (drummer), he stopped going to church because the pastor refused to pray for him and also refused issue him a certificate as a worker in the church because he did not Baptiste in the church....

My question is, after baptism, do you have to Baptiste again because one have to change church?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by thesicilian: 7:07am On Nov 07, 2021
A true man of God will not ask a new comer to baptize again after baptism in a previous church. Unless he thinks it's Satan they worship at the previous church

35 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Leverage2021: 7:13am On Nov 07, 2021
You are serving God not man

It appears you are a church goer not a Christian so no advise

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Gentlerespect76: 7:14am On Nov 07, 2021
thesicilian:
A true man of God will not ask a new comer to baptize again after baptism in a previous church. Unless he thinks it's Satan they worship at the previous church

No.

One body, one Christ.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 7:15am On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:
Blessed Sunday to you guys, A friend of mine who has Baptiste before in a different church decided to switch to another church entirely, but the pastor of the new church insisted that he must Baptiste again.

My friend is a worker in church (drummer), he stopped going to church because the pastor refused to pray for him and also refused issue him a certificate as a worker in the church because he did not Baptiste in the church....

My question is, after baptism, do you have to Baptiste again because one have to change church?
First question you should ask your friend is whether na Jesus Christ im dey follow abi na pastors im dey follow. undecided

If na pastor, then make your friend continue to dey bow to wetin pastors tell am. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by chiommy123(f): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2021
If he was not rightly baptized then nothing wrong in doing it the right way

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by advanceDNA: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:

Some pastors will say if you were baptized without your knowledge as some parents do for their baby...u need to take the decision your self

Also some pastors will say the practice of sprinkling after on people’s head is not baptism as some churches do..... so they will advice your take baptism by full immersion..

Altogether... Jesus never discussed about the number of times you can do it....neither did he say doing t more than once is a crime...if you don’t want to, dey your dey...what some pastor say shouldn’t bother you as long as Jesus didnt day so..

6 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Etizz: 7:23am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
First question you should ask your friend is whether na Jesus Christ im dey follow abi na pastors im dey follow. undecided

If na pastor, then make your friend continue to dey bow to wetin pastors tell am. undecided

because the pastor insisted that he's not qualified to be a worker, if he goes to church, he only sit among the congregation, he stopped going to that church because he wants to keep playing his drum....he didn't stop going to church completely....I need answer to my question.... thanks
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Etizz: 7:27am On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:

He has, na him go church pass me sef......beside, what's the right way other than going to the class, passed and goin to the river for proper Baptism...may be I don't know
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Etizz: 7:29am On Nov 07, 2021
advanceDNA:

Some pastors will say if you were baptized without your knowledge as some parents do for their baby...u need to take the decision your self

Also some pastors will say the practice of sprinkling after on people’s head is not baptism as some churches do..... so they will advice your take baptism by full immersion..

Altogether... Jesus never discussed about the number of times you can do it....neither did he say doing t more than once is a crime...if you don’t want to, dey your dey...what some pastor say shouldn’t bother you as long as Jesus didnt day so..

Ok.....it's not actually me, it's my friend and this is exactly what I told him.... thanks
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by AntiChristian: 7:34am On Nov 07, 2021
Yes, you need another baptism. As a Catholic who married an Anglican man, you need to do another baptism to chop communion!

That your former church na church?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:
Which one is rightly baptized?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Timoleon(m): 7:36am On Nov 07, 2021
Let him find a different church in need of drummers. Some will even enter into a contract to pay for his service of drumming.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Kobojunkie: 7:36am On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:
because the pastor insisted that he's not qualified to be a worker, if he goes to church, he only sit among the congregation, he stopped going to that church because he wants to keep playing his drum....he didn't stop going to church completely....I need answer to my question.... thanks
Jesus Christ no tell anyone make im go church and He no talk say if you play drum for church, God go hear am. undecided

The churches you see are nothing but social businesses that operate according to the doctrines and rules of the pastors that own them. So if na pastor your friend dey follow, he must bow to the rule of the pastor wey own the business if na that pastor business im wan make them recognize him for. undecided

If Jesus Christ na the person your friend dey serve, then he go read wetin Jesus Christ talk, and do only that. Again, Jesus Christ no send anyone go church and he no call anyone go dey volunteer as worker for some man business on his behalf. Make una no dey let pastors deceive una with lies wey get no bearing with Jesus Christ. undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by olaric(m): 7:42am On Nov 07, 2021
A second baptism is unnecessary as long as the first one was by immersion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by kingjoe(m): 8:37am On Nov 07, 2021
What is he scared of.he can do another baptism.i did baptism in one church and when I changed church,I did another one.
Especially when you don't have a certificate to present to the new church as evidence.
My friend just do another one.take as a renewal of relationship with God
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by folks4luv(f): 8:40am On Nov 07, 2021
What type of baptism did your friend do in his former church? I got baptised in a Baptist church and when started attending RCCG later on, I didn't need to get baptised again. There are 2 possible reasons I can think of.
1. Your friend's first baptism is not by immersion and this new denomination only accept immersion.
2. He did immersion but his pastor is the type that believes other Ministries can't do things correctly.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Heterodox(m): 8:41am On Nov 07, 2021
kingjoe:
What is he scared of.he can do another baptism.i did baptism in one church and when I changed church,I did another one.
Especially when you don't have a certificate to present to the new church as evidence.
My friend just do another one.take as a renewal of relationship with God
Just imagine what I read

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 07, 2021
grin grin grin How many Churches did Jesus use his hand to Erect stop being fooled by various churches and their various doctrines. Baptism is supposed to be once and for all. That’s how they catch y’all with the Give your life to Christ lines grin grin . Religion na better Mind Control. grin grin You wouldn’t know because it’s subtle. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Omicron007: 8:42am On Nov 07, 2021
shocked

There are some issues regarding Baptism.

Some churches baptise in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (For churches who believe in Trinity).

Others who don't buy the idea of Trinity simply baptise in the Name of Jesus and they refer you to Acts 2:38.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Olam09(m): 8:46am On Nov 07, 2021
Not necessarily
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by mapet: 8:51am On Nov 07, 2021
AntiChristian:
Yes, you need another baptism. As a Catholic who married an Anglican man, you need to do another baptism to chop communion!

That your former church na church?

No. Anglican Church will request another Baptism

3 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 07, 2021
Leverage2021:

Nice comments man..
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2021
Na by baptism abi to serve God?
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2021
It's never too much. You don't know what is ahead of you or how spiritually polluted u might have become ? Mind u it should be by immersion and not sprinkling on the head.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by alizma: 8:53am On Nov 07, 2021
folks4luv:
What type of baptism did your friend do in his former church? I got baptised in a Baptist church and when started attending RCCG later on, I didn't need to get baptised again. There are 2 possible reasons I can think of.
1. Your friend's first baptism is not by immersion and this new denomination only accept immersion.
2. He did immersion but his pastor is the type that believes other Ministries can't do things correctly.
Are you a worker in RCCG?

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by gloryfidedesign(m): 8:55am On Nov 07, 2021
Baptism is the door into the Kingdom of God it a must one be baptized before granted entry into the Kingdom of God that is what our lord Jesus Christ told Nicodemus to be born with water if not he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. To be baptized again in your new church it not a crime listen to your spirit of your mind told you to baptized its good if your mind tell you not to re baptize all is well but as a member of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star the new Kingdom of God on earth it is a must you re baptize by any baptized member so that the Holy spirit will be transferred to you too and be recognized by God the Father God the Son and God the Holy spirit.
Because baptism is the door into the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star the new Kingdom of Jehovah's God on earth and the ark of Noah for the Generation.
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 8:56am On Nov 07, 2021
Leverage2021:

How? Pls explain
Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2021
gloryfidedesign:
Baptism is the door into the Kingdom of God it a must one be baptized before granted entry into the Kingdom of God that is what our lord Jesus Christ told Nicodemus to be born with water if not he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. To be baptized again in your new church it not a crime listen to your spirit of your mind told you to baptized its good if your mind tell you not to re baptize all is well but as a member of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star the new Kingdom of God on earth it is a must you re baptize by any baptized member so that the Holy spirit will be transferred to you too and be recognized by God the Father God the Son and God the Holy spirit.
Because baptism is the door into the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star the new Kingdom of Jehovah's God on earth and the ark of Noah for the Generation.

If u say that "Baptism is the door into the Kingdom of God it a must one be baptized before granted entry into the Kingdom of God", which door did the thief who died beside Jesus use to enter the kingdom of God?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by TenQ: 9:00am On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:

SOme churches are particular of the nature of baptism
1. Baptism by Immersion
2. Baptism by Sprinkling

As a person, I think Baptism should be by immersion.

If your friend will not go to church because a pastor said unless he is baptized, is he truly born again?
Why dont he go to another church where he would be accepted?

Every church have their own rules, if you are not comfortable with theirs, join another church

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by lexy2014: 9:01am On Nov 07, 2021
killmods:
It's never too much. You don't know what is ahead of you or how spiritually polluted u might have become ? Mind u it should be by immersion and not sprinkling on the head.

How is baptism not too much? How many times did Jesus baptize? Should a person who has baptized in a previous church before forced to baptize in a new church?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? by Jorge91: 9:02am On Nov 07, 2021
Etizz:

Since when I discovered religion is just a tool to control the people I have been at peace with myself and living my best of life. after baptism 5 times then go back to sin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am Hardmirror (picture) / Why I Left The Jehovah's Witnesses / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.