Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman (36792 Views)

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? / Dominion City Lagos Church Outside Church - At Home (Live Video) / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Bahamas95(m): 10:02am On Jul 04, 2021
speedyconnect3:

Your hubby is a pastor and you don't support him as mummy GO?

How would people have confidence in him if he can't influence his own wife to attend his church?

Or could it be that you know he is corrupt and it irritates you to see him preach what he doesn't act?

Well, what does a coconut head like me know if not to receive head from Chinenye and Bukola.

You should have added Amina to balance the equation.....Mr Wazobia grin

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2021
DriveByKiller:
you be animal and Jezebel.

I wish I can tag your photo to this post so than any man who married you will know what to expect from a senseless rebellious drab like you.

Foolish nanny goat when think say she's sensible.
Did you have to insult her

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2021
KosiGee:
You

Are you ok all? Is anything wrong with you mentally?

What is wrong in going to Dominion City? Did the man not know about that before he started wooing and eventually married her?

Why are you being rude and silly?...and what’s all these being submissive bla bla bla...so if he husband attends Guru Maharaji or some Faith tabernacle down the road, it automatically means the woman will follow suit??

Why shouldn’t the man attend dominion city?
Give me one reason.

If this woman was my sister, I’d advise her to pull out from that marriage if this will cause her misery. Wtf.

Lastly, you are silly for trying to bully, intimidate and threaten her online. You are a coward for doing that.
He is a senseless small boy

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2021
speedyconnect3:

Your hubby is a pastor and you don't support him as mummy GO?

How would people have confidence in him if he can't influence his own wife to attend his church?

Or could it be that you know he is corrupt and it irritates you to see him preach what he doesn't act?

Well, what does a coconut head like me know if not to receive head from Chinenye and Bukola.

The bolded is wrong. Naijaguy12345 had given a perfect answer
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Lamasta(m): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

I won't say it's my friend sister or whatever,it's me. It's my question

For 5years of marriage, it's been conflicting about this church matter.

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks
Its high time you become open minded and worship God in spirit and in truth regardless of the denomination you find yourself, with this you can come to terms with worshipping God with your husband in like manner.....
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Chuksworld(m): 10:08am On Jul 04, 2021
Go to your husband church, you can get messages from Dominion city and listen at quiet times. You can also attend their programs if it does not crash with RCCG. When attending their you can also take your husband along.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 10:09am On Jul 04, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Which church will your kids attend tomorow? You sre setting a bad precedent as a pastor's wife. Tomorrow your homemwill be divided over religious doctrines. Better stop it now
Read what Naijaguy12345 said. The bible is the standard not church or personal doctrines

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by CsRockefeller(m): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2021
Hahahaha, let me first laugh.

First, I'm not surprised this is coming from a lady, met many of them in campus and during my NYSC. Don't know if I should tag them as religious but for a lack of a better word that's what many of them are. I'm a born Catholic and later left to RCCG, so I'm surprised someone is saying that she doesn't feel God there because I did though I later returned to the Catholic church (story for another day)

I'm not unaware of how this church brouhaha is such a big deal, so I've resolved to marry a fellow Catholic, if we ever decide to leave, then we leave together as a unit. Most importantly, and I reiterate, the most important aspect of any church is LOVE. Forget about all other aspects, worship, prayer and the word cannot be substituted for LOVE and that's where the Catholic church stands tall.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2021
OkCornel:
I see… @debbycreamy

Anyways all this would be totally avoidable if we can change our mindset that we don’t really have to go to a “church” to feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in our daily walk with God!

This is a problem for the Sunday only brethren to deal with.

Have you considered other weekday programs (say Bible study) you can attend at your church, while you attend Sunday service at his church? Just a reasonable and workable compromise for both parties to consider.

All in all, let the will and wisdom of God be glorified at the expense of our fleshly desires. Amen.
Good response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by wattsunenergy: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Where in the Bible did they say it's compulsory for the wife to go to the husband's church? I attended dominion city, and he attends redeem (RCCG), I tried for the first two years to follow him to redeem, but I couldn't feel it, every Sunday it's like going and coming from a wedding not a church, that feeling of feeling the Holy Spirit and being blessed is not there, I don't know who understands this feeling.

I talked to him in d third year he allowed me go back to my dominion city, and in d fourth year he stopped me again, I'm a worker there o, now till the fifth year I'm still forced to attend redeem, I have tried my best to open my heart to the church but no way...

Their ways just tire me at redeem, I miss the love, togetherness, prayers, worship and preaching at dominion city. Please I'm sorry I mentioned the name of churches i know some people love redeem, so I'm sorry.

Now for a month now, I have not gone to any church, and I'm tired of the whole thing, please matured advice needed.

Thanks

Please pray more about this, and be ready to submit to your husband, do not let church divide your home(no matter the name).
If you really want to do God's will.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by phemmyfour: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks
Can two walk together except they agree

Marriage is about agreement in anything and everything. If you guys cannot agree on choosing a church that the whole family will be attending, I m afraid your marriage is entering the chaos zone

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by soloehis(m): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2021
deepwater:
The bible says women should be submissive to their husband

You all above are submissive to your pastor

Woman wey dey jump from church to church na ashewo

You just cool down to embarrass your husband for public and church because say him marry u abi?

Imagine a pastor wey him wife no dey come him church. Baba has our full support to tidy that choir mistress.

What nonsense is that!
A sign of unreasonable and unfaithful wife

3 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Olorilolo(f): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2021
My dear sister, Let me advice you based on experience. This particular issue almost made me end my marriage. Every Sunday morning when we pass redeem church and go to MFM to go and scream die die die, I used to die a little inside. I just couldn't get used to it. The truth is, we discussed itbefore marriage but I never went to the church to see for myself before marriage. I was shattered, I felt God leaving my life.

So, what did I do? A very simple realisation that he is to lead and I follow, the end of this race is Heaven and honestly, that's all I really and truly want. The route we take doesn't matter.

Secondly, I stopped to see everything bad in the church and I realize that, the church helped me pray more and with authority, I might not be comfortable with the pattern but I was all grateful for this.

Lastly, submission of a woman is her power. Use it well.

5 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

Hello. The DC senior pastor's attention has been drawn to your post, Please DM/WhatsApp me sis.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2021
simigold:
You are married to your church and not your husband,also is your husband married to his church and not you. The institution of marriage is more respected than the institution of religion. You both should avoid anything that will break your home. Understanding is important
Does the bible mentioned attending a particular church?.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2021
Witttyduchess:
me I feel say the pastor of that [b]dominion church is [/b]the cause of this cos maybe the man dey dick am and also dey confuse the shameless woman.
See wetin man go pay bride price for come marry this kind thing put for house.
Tufiakwa
Leave that pastor out of the equation
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Jay5000(m): 10:23am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks
The kind of women God said we should marry are almost extinct. If you don't understand submission as a Christian wife, what difference does it make if you go to Dominion? If the man gets tired and walks or replaces you, sha don't blame it on the devil cos It's all you.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by OkCornel(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2021
edoairways:

Good response
Thanks smiley
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nicoddemus(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

I totally understand you....a it's a serious case.
Your husband is a minister due to that it's inappropriate that his wife do not even have the same doctrine with him.

But you're spiritually suffocating.... which is even worse.

I'd advise you to meet your pastor to pray with you concerning it so that your husband can allow you go where your spiritual life can flourish..... Else other issues will surely crop up with it even you remain spiritually dormant

Worse come to worse tell your Dominion pastor to meet your husband pastor to talk to your husband so that he can compromise.

I know why I'm saying o, don't compromise your spiritual life for anything, other things will surely come with it.

But thread with wisdom
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

You're wrong and stubborn. Embarrassing your husband by attending a different church. Again, this issue should have been discussed before marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by edoairways: 10:25am On Jul 04, 2021
Luak:
This is why some men prefer to having baby mama than this sort of union where there's no unity. Children eventually grow up biased against father or mother. God help us
This is where church indoctrinate people. They have so brainwash them to think their is better than others. A child may grow in a home where his parent attend the same church yet he becomes wayward. Another may grow attending different church yet he is better of.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by erumena(m): 10:26am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

There is a very strong member of our Church whose husband asked to stop coming to Church and go to another close to them.

She went to the Pastor of her Church and he told her to respect her husbands decision.

To the op, your relationship with God matters more than the Church you attend.

Follow God's words not your own.

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 04, 2021
Witttyduchess:
just shut that gutter mouth of yours you dumb atheist
Tell that to your parents. Useless inbred slowpoke with half lobe of brain.
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by tonniesbell: 10:26am On Jul 04, 2021
I'm having thesame issues right now...may God help us all in jesus name
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by soloehis(m): 10:27am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks
if not that u are a half baked Christian you would have realised that your husband is the Head of the home as such deserves every respect. You are opening your door for devil to come in and destroy your home..if I may ask what is in that dominion city other than seed sowing and reaping after you have sowed?if you know ur bible well you will understand that the primary objective of Christianity is for every soul to have eternal life..the dominion city that I have worshipped with for about a year does not represent christ in any way..
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Beautifully captured! God bless you.
iLegendd:
I didn't bother reading after the first two lines. A disrespectful woman would always want to do her thing with a convincing excuse to cover up. (Feminism).

Yes, husbands can be wrong at times, but for agreeing to marry him, you've agreed to follow his lead. If he can't lead, then divorce him and find a man that can lead.

If he was a Muslim billionaire like Ned Nwoko, you wouldn't mind converting to Islam for him.

1 Like

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by Olatara(f): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Thanks to the people that gave matured advice, someone said I can go to dominion city during weekdays service and redeem on Sundays, I think I'll discuss this with him and beg him to accept, nairalanders are cool, funny and few are annoying,

Thanks to everyone
Ready to compromise wink. God bless you
Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by chukel(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2021
The truth is a lot of people have no business with marriage. A lot of people who profess christainity have no iota of understanding of the bible. They are just hypocrites. my question is, so during the lockdown people were not going to church, God left you? That dominion city you go and claim to experience God is toxic to your soul. That is just the truth. You should be submissive to your husband. Even at home you can commune with God. Now it's obvious it's not God you serve but your pastor. To even think this is an issue to you is nauseating. God what kind of wives do we have now?

2 Likes

Re: Dominion City & RCCG: Changing Church As A Married Woman by vikstandon(m): 10:40am On Jul 04, 2021
debbycreamy:
Hello nairalanders,

Thanks

You didn't apply God's word about submission.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. ... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.- Ephesians 5:22-24

Ephesians 5:22-24 (MSG) "Wives, understand and support your husbands in ways that show your support for Christ. The husband provides leadership to his wife the way Christ does to his church, not by domineering but by cherishing. So just as the church submits to Christ as he exercises such leadership, wives should likewise submit to their husbands."

Attending different Church or Organisation, is the easiest way to bring rift in your marriage... You hear something else, he hears another thing... Your belief systems would differ.

If you are a respectful wife... Which I do hope you are. Your first test of submission would be to attend your husband's Church... RCCG or Dominion City are believing Churches.

I agree with you, that a particular parish may not be lively or spiritual... I have experienced that sometime with my parish and had to change to another. But these things are what you can achieve respectfully and prayerfully. Your prayers can bring revival to your husband's Church or convince your husband to try another parish of RCCG.

But imposing Dominion City or attending a different church from that of your husband questions your loyalty and submission...

Your issue is summarised in Ephesians 5:22-24

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Prophet Oladele Genesis Gives Widow Church Offering, Salary / Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.