Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N (769 Views)

Fayemi Bows Out As NGF Chairman, Lauds Osinbajo For Leadership Skills / Tinubu Donates ₦1 Billion To LASU For Leadership Development Centre / "I Believe In The Leadership Of President Buhari And Oshiomhole" - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 05, 2021
Obasanjo part of Nigeria’s problem – Eedris Abdulkareem

Nigerian musician, Eedris Abdulkareem has taken a swipe at former President, Olusegun Obasanjo.

In an interview with DAILY POST, Eedris said the retired General was part of the problem of the country.

The controversial rapper stated that Obasanjo had in prison promised to transform Nigeria but failed to keep to his promise when he became President.

Speaking on his relationship with Obasanjo, the former band member of the Remedies said, “Obasanjo will never be my friend, I worked with him because there was this tsunami in America and we were part of the fundraising program sponsored to raise money for Nigerians out there.

”Obasanjo is part of the problem of this country. When he was in prison, he promised to do a lot of things if he became the President, but he never did. It is really sad, but we can never be friends because he’s part of the problem of this country.

”Our leaders, before getting into office might have the intention to do good things but when they get to power, they change. I don’t know if it is a curse. But Yaradua did work but his term was cut short, sadly. ”

When asked if he thinks the youths can change the country by participating in the 2023 election? Eedris claimed that Nigerian youths are not ready for politics because they are busy watching Big Brother Naija and playing ‘kalukalu’.

”They should get their PVC even though their votes would not count.”

The ‘Jaga Jaga’ crooner also accused Nigerian entertainers of focusing on irrelevant things and not using their music to enlighten the public.

”The young entertainers are busy singing about booty, drugs and alcohol when they are supposed to use their music to bring and enlighten people. I’m sure if the young guys in music are agitating like we are, things would have changed.”

Eedris disclosed that he is about to drop an album and another version of Jajaga song titled, ‘Jagajaga O ti Get e’

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Monogamy: 6:17am On Jul 05, 2021
If people are talking or complaining about Nigeria, Eedris should STFU..

What contribution has he Eedris made towards the development of Nigeria?

Of I forget, Person that can't even progress in his career..
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Fahdiga(m): 6:19am On Jul 05, 2021
The absolute truth
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Fahdiga(m): 6:19am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Who knows you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Redhot111(m): 6:35am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Read you post again and give yourself a headknock. Atleast you and I know him but he doesn't know you neither do I. That tells you he has made much progress in his career than you can ever dream of making in yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by MightySparrow: 6:36am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

His music career as you are reading now. He is using what he has, kudos to him.
In what way are you contributing to Nigeria's development?
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Monogamy: 6:37am On Jul 05, 2021
Redhot111:

Read you post again and give yourself a headknock. Atleast you and I know him but he doesn't know you neither do I. That tells you he has made much progress in his career than you can ever dream of making in yours.

Heh heh, so would you pray to have the kind of unprogressive career Eedris is having?
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by triple996(m): 6:38am On Jul 05, 2021
Obasanjo have always been part of d problem angry
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Monogamy: 6:42am On Jul 05, 2021
MightySparrow:

His music career as you are reading now. He is using what he has, kudos to him.
In what way are you contributing to Nigeria's development?

Nigeria Jaga Jaga song is how many decades now

Tell Eedris to go and revive his career that has been in comatose for years before putting mouth about Nigeria issues
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Redhot111(m): 6:50am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Heh heh, so would you pray to have the kind of unprogressive career Eedris is having?

If you can't do better than Idris, then better you pray to do as much as he did. If you can't decide on that then yours is a sorry case

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Monogamy: 6:53am On Jul 05, 2021
Redhot111:

If you can't do better than Idris, then better you pray to do as much as he did. If you can't decide on that then yours is a sorry case

Sir, God forbid bad thing.. You see in life, there are so many ways to be popular and relevant.. As long as you are maintaining it, the number of supporters would keep on growing.

Short glory fame, quick faded popularity na big time failure like Eedris..
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Tinubuadvocate: 7:02am On Jul 05, 2021
Withdraw this your statement, Eedris is better than those boys in the Nigeria entertainment today.
Monogamy:

Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Tinubuadvocate: 7:03am On Jul 05, 2021
The young entertainers are busy singing about booty, drugs and alcohol when they are supposed to use their music to bring and enlighten people. I’m sure if the young guys in music are agitating like we are, things would have changed.”

That's why I don't listen to them.
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Fejoku: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2021
Their strategy is well known. They're after OBJ and they'll drag him very well. We shall see how OBJ responds to them. There's no middle ground currently. All elites and politicians from th South and middlebelt will either come out of hiding or remained dead in shame and guilt. Freedom will come thereafter.
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by MightySparrow: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Nigeria Jaga Jaga song is how many decades now

Tell Eedris to go and revive his career that has been in comatose for years before putting mouth about Nigeria issues
Can't you read in the thread about soon to be released Jagajaga again?

Can you deny the fact that prodigal fathers have jagajagalized Nigeria?

I beg let the man be joor.
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Redhot111(m): 7:19am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Sir, God forbid bad thing.. You see in life, there are so many ways to be popular and relevant.. As long as you are maintaining it, the number of supporters would keep on growing.

Short glory fame, quick faded popularity na big time failure like Eedris..

He could be failure when compared to some persons. But standing in comparism to you, he is a big success. Try get my point bro
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Lattop(m): 7:26am On Jul 05, 2021
Eedris! Eedris!! Eedris!!! How many times did I call u
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Monogamy: 7:43am On Jul 05, 2021
Redhot111:

He could be failure when compared to some persons. But standing in comparism to you, he is a big success. Try get my point bro

Hell No, It's over a decade I have been maintaining my relevancy and popularity, take NL out of this, I am talking of real life.

Good music no be by loudness
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Redhot111(m): 8:02am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Hell No, It's over a decade I have been maintaining my relevancy and popularity, take NL out of this, I am talking of real life.

Good music no be by loudness

Relevance and popularity and yet I HV never heard of you any else. Any way it's high time I stopped quoting you. Goodbye
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2021
Fejoku:
Their strategy is well known. They're after OBJ and they'll drag him very well. We shall see how OBJ responds to them. There's no middle ground currently. All elites and politicians from th South and middlebelt will either come out of hiding or remained dead in shame and guilt. Freedom will come thereafter.
Pls if u want to advocate an idea stop being ethno-religious bias, mentioning middlebelt by Southerner is nothing but a desperate search of impossible alliance. Do u know who are middlebelt states? Look here; States of Nigeria which are generally referred to as belonging to the Middle Belt are: old Plateau (now Plateau and Nasarawa), old Gongola (now Adamawa and Taraba), Niger, Kwara, Kogi, Benue, the Federal Capital Territory, alongside Southern Kaduna, Southern Bauchi, Southern Kebbi, Southern Gombe, Southern Yobe State.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Belt
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Fejoku: 11:15am On Jul 05, 2021
Coronabirus:
Pls if u want to advocate an idea stop being ethno-religious bias, mentioning middlebelt by Southerner is nothing but a desperate search of impossible alliance. Do u know who are middlebelt states? Look here; States of Nigeria which are generally referred to as belonging to the Middle Belt are: old Plateau (now Plateau and Nasarawa), old Gongola (now Adamawa and Taraba), Niger, Kwara, Kogi, Benue, the Federal Capital Territory, alongside Southern Kaduna, Southern Bauchi, Southern Kebbi, Southern Gombe, Southern Yobe State.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Belt
Before I was born, there has been middlebelt and so it shall remain. Gideon Orkar of blessed memory already drew the template for a more reasonable country and he's from the middlebelt. Cry as much as you can, the real people of the MB who value life and progress will break away from your terrorist hold. Yakubu Gowon, Audu Ogbeh, Simon Lalong, Anthony Sani and their likes are only but selfish politicians who's time will expire very soon. That is when your worst nightmare will happen.
The South alone can break off but what will be the fate of the MB? It is them that need the alliance badly and they'll already got it because we know how blood thirsty you merchants of death are. The current destruction you're causing using 'north' is well understood to be the project of fulanis only. Southern politicians are being inundated with this knowledge and they are gradually understanding your cover. You will have a taste of your own pudding soon.
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2021
Fejoku:

Before I was born, there has been middlebelt and so it shall remain. Gideon Orkar of blessed memory already drew the template for a more reasonable country and he's from the middlebelt. Cry as much as you can, the real people of the MB who value life and progress will break away from your terrorist hold. Yakubu Gowon, Audu Ogbeh, Simon Lalong, Anthony Sani and their likes are only but selfish politicians who's time will expire very soon. That is when your worst nightmare will happen.
The South alone can break off but what will be the fate of the MB? It is them that need the alliance badly and they'll already got it because we know how blood thirsty you merchants of death are. The current destruction you're causing using 'north' is well understood to be the project of fulanis only. Southern politicians are being inundated with this knowledge and they are gradually understanding your cover. You will have a taste of your own pudding soon.
Do u really know the location of Plateau state?
Do u know who are Governors of Nasarawa, Kogi, Niger, and Kwara states?
Then which states are middlebelt and who are the people? You can't feel on religion to speak gibberish things and even if the factor is considered who are the actors?
Southern Governors' action is worthy of commendation and everyone try hard to defend their interest. The fulaninu always talk rubbish about who have they killed the most, is Zamfara, Sokoto, Kebbi and Katsina not their territory, are the people being killed also not Fulani?
Deviating from fact and relying on baseless religious congregations hatred for others won't allow u see truth.
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Fejoku: 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
Coronabirus:
Do u really know the location of Plateau state?
Do u know who are Governors of Nasarawa, Kogi, Niger, and Kwara states?
Then which states are middlebelt and who are the people? You can't feel on religion to speak gibberish things and even if the factor is considered who are the actors?
Southern Governors' action is worthy of commendation and everyone try hard to defend their interest. The fulaninu always talk rubbish about who have they killed the most, is Zamfara, Sokoto, Kebbi and Katsina not their territory, are the people being killed also not Fulani?
Deviating from fact and relying on baseless religious congregations hatred for others won't allow u see truth.
I know Nigeria more than you. I know the middlebelt more than you. It's you I'll ask about the location of Plateau state? What do you even know about the state? As for Nasarawa, the tricks your fulani people employ to control the state is well known. Isn't it the same religion you're accusing me of that your people employ to lord over the indigenous people of the state? Poverty and lack of exposure of the Christians in the state is what your people are equally exploiting to drive a wrong narrative about them. Nasarawa state is also known for yam cultivation and it's well known that even Hausas don't cultivate yams. Are fulanis known for any crop farming? Who then are the people doing the major farming in the state? I know that state more than you.
Kogi state is has mostly three notable tribes(there are traces of other smaller tribes in it including Igbos). The only majority Muslim tribe in Kogi is Ebira. Igala is divided between both religions and typical of such tribes, the Christian ones are mostly apolitical leaving the Muslim ones to drive the narrative of them being more in the tribe. The Okuns are majority Christians. Among this three, Ebira are the smallest. Yahaya Bello being the governor doesn't change the likely position of the state.
Only Niger state is where you can have a say because of the Nupe dominance. The Gbagyis will have to join with their brothers in Abuja and the other Southern Kaduna groups.
You can fault what I wrote if you know better.
Re: Obasanjo Part Of Nigeria’s Problem, Youth Are Not Ready For Leadership Of This N by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2021
Fejoku:

I know Nigeria more than you. I know the middlebelt more than you. It's you I'll ask about the location of Plateau state? What do you even know about the state? As for Nasarawa, the tricks your fulani people employ to control the state is well known. Isn't it the same religion you're accusing me of that your people employ to lord over the indigenous people of the state? Poverty and lack of exposure of the Christians in the state is what your people are equally exploiting to drive a wrong narrative about them. Nasarawa state is also known for yam cultivation and it's well known that even Hausas don't cultivate yams. Are fulanis known for any crop farming? Who then are the people doing the major farming in the state? I know that state more than you.
Kogi state is has mostly three notable tribes(there are traces of other smaller tribes in it including Igbos). The only majority Muslim tribe in Kogi is Ebira. Igala is divided between both religions and typical of such tribes, the Christian ones are mostly apolitical leaving the Muslim ones to drive the narrative of them being more in the tribe. The Okuns are majority Christians. Among this three, Ebira are the smallest. Yahaya Bello being the governor doesn't change the likely position of the state.
Only Niger state is where you can have a say because of the Nupe dominance. The Gbagyis will have to join with their brothers in Abuja and the other Southern Kaduna groups.
You can fault what I wrote if you know better.
A very good trick has exposed ur heart, nice. I've been to every Nigerian state, what u say is just what I accused u of, u listen to some Congregational propaganda and use it on ur comment. If u want to divide North base on religion then u need to know that u will fail woefully, the complexity of the north is beyond ur thought. Why Gombe, Kaduna, Kogi, Nasarawa give Christians Deputy Governors despite the fact that some permutations can still give them edge without them?
Why Plateau and Benue can't do the same?
Who are more reasonable and give sense of belongings. You know nothing about Nigeria except what u hear on pulpits!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lekki The Coming Disaster / My View About Some Nairalanders / Development in Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.