Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? (63871 Views)

Fact-Check: Did DSS Arrest Aminu Muhammed On Aisha Buhari’s Directive? / Hand-Cuff, Leg Chain Removed From Igboho, As Security Grants Him Access To Wife / DSS Recovers AK-47 Rifles, Bullets, Bloody Charms From Igboho's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by dre11(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2021
On Thursday, the Department of State Services (DSS) said it recovered illegal arms, cash and charms from the home of Sunday Adeyemo, a youth leader better known as Sunday Igboho, during a raid by operatives of the agency in Ibadan, Oyo state capital.

The secret service agency displayed pictures of the arms — including seven AK-47 rifles — charms and other items taken from Igboho’s house.

Igboho, a youth leader who has been agitating for the creation of ‘Yoruba Nation’, escaped arrest during the raid.

Speaking after the incident, Igboho said the arms paraded by the DSS did not belong to him, adding that they were planted by operatives of the agency.

Shortly after Ighoho’s denial, there were claims circulating on social media that the DSS posted old pictures of arms uploaded on Facebook by one Rotimi Adebuji in 2013 as the ones recovered from Igboho.

A page on Facebook with the name “Sunday Igboho Fan” said the arms allegedly posted by Adebuju eight years ago was recycled by the DSS.

The post was shared by 123 users, with 31 comments.

A Facebook user, Endless Joy Destiny, wrote: “Government Magic Guns and Bulletproof vest claimed paraded by DSS surely is a real magician not Sunday Igboho vest. We discovered that Rotimi Adebuji uploaded the pictures awhile ago date July 8,2013 around 9:58am. It’s our civil right to know the truth about our dear nation. I’m a law abiding citizen.” This post was shared by 155 Facebook users.

Taiwo Oluwatuyi, another Facebook user, wrote: “The same items posted by Rotimi Adebuji in July 2013 were now found 8 years later at IGBOHO OOSA House in 2021.”

Ibn Soliu wrote on his Facebook page, “DSS display 2013 recycled exhibit allegedly claimed belongs to Chief Sunday Adeyemo Igboho.”

Adetutu Balogun, a Twitter user with over 264k followers, wrote, “This picture from 2013 is Sunday Igboho’s house?” Her post has attracted over 3,000 retweets and 210 comments.

This picture from 2013 is Sunday Igboho’s house? � https:///Tc0S65y0Yd pic.twitter.com/bfgFe0eHZL

— Adetutu Balogun, MBA (@Tutsy22) July 3, 2021

Okafor Chineme tweeted, “Alright I saw on somebody’s Whatsapp status, the same pictures of arms ammunition and charm vest DSS displayed as belonging to Sunday Igboho, were exactly the same pictures displayed by DSS in 2013 check out Rotimi Adebuji post dated July 8, 2013 on facebook.”

Alright I saw on somebody's Whatsapp status, the same pictures of arms ammunition and charm vest DSS displayed as belonging to Sunday Igboho, were exactly the same pictures displayed by DSS in 2013 check out Rotimi Adebuji post dated July 8, 2013 on facebook

— okafor chineme (@chukwunemerem28) July 3, 2021

DID DSS RECYCLE OLD PICTURES?
Findings by TheCable showed that the pictures had not appeared online before the DSS shared them. Also, findings showed that Adebuji did not share the photos in 2013 as claimed. The Facebook user shared the pictures after the DSS released them to the public.

In a Facebook post to clarify the misconception that had gone viral, Adebuji said Facebook simply compiled a collage of 5,000 pictures he had uploaded on his timeline since 2013, including recent ones, which he shared.

“This special album was created for me by FB due to my uploading activities since I joined FB! You will get yours when you uploaded more than 5,000 pictures,” he wrote on Saturday.

VERDICT:

The DSS did not recycle old pictures as arms retrieved from Igboho’s home. The viral images from a 2013 Facebook post are a collage of old and new pictures shared by a social media user.

https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-did-dss-share-2013-images-as-items-recovered-from-igbohos-house

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by CodeTemplar: 10:29am On Jul 05, 2021
God help us.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2021
The DSS did not recycle old pictures as arms retrieved from Igboho’s home. The viral images from a 2013 Facebook post are a collage of old and new pictures shared by a social media user.
My submission is not on if the picture is recycled or not.

Our security men should start respecting the traditional rites or values, the way they accord these respect to Islamic and Christian values..

Can the security men pack the white garments, bell, prayer water bottles, anointing oil bottle and bibles as evidence of criminality in the Christian homes?

Can they do the same by packing “wontu“ bottle, “tesubau”, Quran and jelabia also as exhibits of criminality in a Muslim home?

Please respect them and don’t criminalize their values

409 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by awujale231: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2021
Try and fact check how many children were kidnapped today

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by Uber11: 10:34am On Jul 05, 2021
Bokoharam and Iswap has merged together and someone said "don't compare apple to oranges" and many of us agreed with that .....bandist are in the forest , if you can't go into the forest why not mouth solders around the forest and sterve them to death, make sure no one goes in and come out let me see if they will turn to monkey , funy enough is that they buy new bullets but they don't produce any in the forest .....i don tire for this country .....pleas if you have a neatelly used nigeria car with complete papper call or whatsapp 0.9...011055758, you can get a commison if you know somebody that wants to sale .

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by vincentjk(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
You're the most clueless and dumbest person on earth if you still believe anything emanating from this present government's mouth.

FG o, NA o, NPF o, DSS o, liar Mohammed o, i mean believing anything at all from this present government makes you a dumbo you are.

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by Thegracefulness: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
Whether the DSS did or didn’t, sincerely, I don’t even care. I am for everything (legal) against this Muhammadu Buhari led regime.

They used propaganda to unseat a man who strove so hard to lift the majority of Nigerians out of acute poverty. Now look at the situation of things in the country. Muhammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo cannot even handle one-tenth of what they threw at Ebele Jonathan.

Every single sector of the country has collapsed. And don’t talk about oil prices or pandemic. Because what pandemic? Nigeria’s coronavirus was politicized. Africa was not hit with that virus as hard as the other Western continents were.

Nigeria had a chance to leave the economy open and adequately tackle the spread of the virus, but no, they needed to steal. So they had to lock us up in the houses for God knows what. And I thought they said Buhari was coming to diversify the economy? Why are they still hellbent on selling oil to build the economy? Clowns.

The DSS has lost it’s highly revered and feared worth. Now it’s just a puppet organization, going after internet fraudsters and political opponents. Hunger sef dey catch DSS officials.

Update; Some of you are speaking of how inept and horrible Goodluck Jonathan was. Fine. That you’d even compare his administration with that of Buhari shows where your mind belongs. Statistically, how has Buhari’s “regime” matched up to that of Goodluck’s? The raging insecurity and Boko Haram terrorism we witnessed during Goodluck’s administration, who were the orchestrators? That man’s wife legitimately cried on live television, do you know the elements that were working so hard to frustrate that man’s efforts? Ebele and his Service Chiefs for whatever reasons failed to adequately empower and arm the army, as much as Buhari is doing now, that is true, he definitely had his shortcomings, but were we not making progress? Would he not have made amends? He had only ruled for one term, plus a continuing of the revered Yar’Adua’s administration (May his soul rest well), do you know how much amends would have been made in his second tenure? Where was Nigeria then, and where is Nigeria now? Sometimes say these things with reason and without blindness. You can never compare the both administrations—no matter how incompetent Goodluck was. Buhari decieved us. Deceived all of you. Just like your typical Nigerian politicians.

169 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by peppermint7(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
Xmdndndn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by asobo1: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
Hmm
Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by LaSenior: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
cheesy
Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by MorataFC: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
I dey come

1 Like

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by Analyst7: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
grin grin The fact that Dss thinks Nigerians are gullible to their lies is an insult

It was even confirmed the bullet shot in igboho house is the same shot by bandits that abducted babies in hospital in kaduna

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by Cutezt(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
I have never seen a catastrophic contraption like Nigeria. Only God can save us

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by einsteine(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
awujale231:
Try and fact check how many children were kidnapped today

Non sequitur
Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by Pierocash(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
Whether they displayed old or new picture,we know they lied.

Igboho will not be daft to stockpile arms in his private residence,DSS didn't discover any arm,they concocted the lies to justify their evil

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by crackhouse(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
If na true then this na the real wa
Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by youngsahito(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
Hun hun
Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by NobleSeed(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2021
okay ooh let's see what mr linus will say about this.
Mr lie lie Muhammad minister of false information your attention is needed here with immediate alacrity. Come and say something.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by MorataFC: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2021
peppermint7:
Xmdndndn
meaning what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by 9jaBloke: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2021
Gbes!!!!! Oloun
Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by humberjade: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2021
Hmm...the Nigerian security agencies have lost all credibility...no oita of trust for them from any quarters.

When you have devilishly lied repeatedly, even your truths become lies.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by tamdun: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2021
Yinmu
Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by elganzar(m): 10:36am On Jul 05, 2021
This time 3 years ago I believed in this government__ mumu me

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by dguizman(m): 10:36am On Jul 05, 2021
W
Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by slimanyd: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2021
Lol. Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by dettolgel: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2021
BMC crew oya, come and work for your 30k.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by Cheryph200(m): 10:36am On Jul 05, 2021
Get it right. There are 2021 pictures on the post it's either they edit a 2013 post and add the pictures

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? by Naijayouth(m): 10:37am On Jul 05, 2021
How dare you call the Nigeria police "terrorists in uniform"?
Let every man continue in his normal business. These people are only looking for followers .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Asked; Where Is Lai? I Am Here Sir – Mild Drama At FEC Meeting / WAEC Posts Irrelevant Advertorial On Buhari's Certificate In Guardian Newspaper / #EndSARS: Hussaini Coomassie Tells Buhari To Use Force Against Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.