Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party (7370 Views)

Obasanjo Denies Writing UK To Back Off Nigeria’s 2023 Election / Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 / 2023: Obasanjo Backs Akinwunmi Adesina Over Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by iwaeda: 11:37am On Jul 05, 2021
Former President Olusegun has debunked rumour making the rounds that he is planning to form a new political party ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Obasanjo said on Monday that his attention was drawn to the unfounded report published by a national newspaper, with claims that he would be picking three former governors as the coordinators.

Obasanjo, who is currently in Kabul, Afghanistan, as a guest of President Ashraf Ghani declared that this report is false, maintaining that “there was no plan to float a new political party now or in near future.”

He said that the fabricated story hardly comes as a surprise because he has, for some time now, observed with bewilderment the efforts by some people to drag him into their political games.

“In my part of the world, when you say goodnight in a place, you do not go back there and say good evening. The one who reported that may need to visit Yaba Left. And those who believe it can believe that their mothers are men.

“I’m done with partisan politics but by my position in Nigeria and in Africa and without being immodest and indeed in the world, my door must be opened and it is open to any individual or group of individuals who want to seek my opinion, view or advice on any issue or matter and I will respond to the best of my ability, without being part of that individual or group,” a statement by his media assistant, Kehinde Akinyemi, said on Monday.

Akinyemi spoke further that, “If anything, Chief Obasanjo’s political party today is the party of Nigerians facing insecurity, unemployment, hunger, poverty, and various other challenging issues. It is the party of Nigeria which must be saved, kept wholesomely united in peace, security, equity, development and progress.

“Let those who want to use the back door to force Chief Obasanjo to return to partisan politics respect his choice to remain a non-partisan statesman.”
https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/05/2023-obasanjo-denies-forming-new-political-party/?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by Harrymig1(m): 11:38am On Jul 05, 2021
He is too old for that

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by iwaeda: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2021
Lalasticlala Baba has denied it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by aanuoluwami14(f): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2021
grin Even if he wanted to do, he could see how people are against him cheesy We don't want old school, we need new blood

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by iwaeda: 11:49am On Jul 05, 2021
aanuoluwami14:
grin Even if he wanted to do, he could see how people are against him cheesy We don't want old school, we need new blood

That is it, we youth should dislodge all these old people who have made life miserable. Let us think, many of our politicians started ruling in their early 40s as governors , Commissioner or Ministers, yet they want to die there. Baba OBJ can never get enough support to form a party, he can not be trusted.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by InaNla(f): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2021
APC & lies

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by slawormiir: 11:54am On Jul 05, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by donnie(m): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2021
Who cares... You lost your influence when you sold your people to the Caliphate for money.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by Nuelito: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2021
Seen and noted
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by tutudesz: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2021
undecided
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by NwaNimo1(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2021

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2021
None of our business.

Let them form it.

We are leaving Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by Abalado(f): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2021
Abi baba self they fear bubu again?why denying it nau baba ebora owu,why?
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by CasNova(m): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2021
EXPECTEDLY.
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by Dpharisee: 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
Another unverified news posted on Nairaland, it's like we have to wait for 3 days before believing any story posted on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by MoIbrahim: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
This old man no go find one place siddon.

Ex-presidents wey him senior sef don stop gragra
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by Paworr: 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2021
Ohhhnnn
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
I knew there was no reason to believe that report. The line quoted below gave the author away with his objectives.

Wish me happy anniversary. 6 years of staying off Sahara reporters!

The source said: “Even as the name for the hybrid party has not been made public as we speak, Baba (Obasanjo) is seriously mobilising his keen loyalists and die-hard supporters across the country to actualise his dream of installing a government that would be answerable to him."
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by kaymart: 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
He had the privilege, wherewithal and experience to put the country on the right track while he was the president.....

Did he do enough? I will leave the question to the entire Nigerians.

People kept talking about the availability of telecommunications as his huge achievements...smh...

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by Tinubuadvocate: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
Lol I know it's a fake news .
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2021
Lol
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by RichAbujaGuy: 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
I thought the news media was lying again when dem kept saying the source said, source dis and source dat. we are so gullible.
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by izubext007: 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
Any body that follows this man to form a new party is an idiot to the brim.
This same man and other hardened criminal formed the A.P.C that brought in this ganster that's has brought untold hardship , death , unemployment e.t.c to us.
Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by Saifullah01: 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
our media represents 50% of our problems, the credulous majority amongst us account for 30% while our leaders are responsible for 20%.

Know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obasanjo Denies Forming New Political Party by iwaeda: 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
If you mention Dr. Oby then I can agree.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Buhari Impacted Lives Of Common Nigerians / President Tinubu To Attend 78th UN General Assembly In New York / Two Indian Nationals Killed In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.