Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy (7617 Views)

Civil War: Footage Of Biafran Soldiers Driving Nigerian Army Out Of Owerri / Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi / Meet Zainab Ahmed, Biography, Profile, Age, Finance Minister (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:06am On Jul 07, 2021
Of course, una de pack the oil money na, killing ordinary citizens with inflation

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by sapientia(m): 5:06am On Jul 07, 2021
30% nko?

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by pinardave: 5:07am On Jul 07, 2021
I even forget we have finance minister. Even the certificate forger is better than this one. The worst finance minister in the history of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Kposkila: 5:36am On Jul 07, 2021
80% of the budget is funded from oil revenue and 95% of our forex is from sales of crude, some body pls pass this to madam quota system.

5 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Adabestseason(m): 5:45am On Jul 07, 2021
Designed exclusively for Zainab Ahmed/Ahmed Lawan and other national assemly's clout's economy

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 5:56am On Jul 07, 2021
emeritus710:

Who trained you? You sound so irresponsible.

WILL YOU SHUT UP THERE!!!

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by slowice(m): 6:06am On Jul 07, 2021
Never believe anything that comes out of the mouth of this woman.

All lies to deceive the people

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Mrpojj(m): 6:38am On Jul 07, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by adecz: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2021
Driving it to where❓❓❗️❗️

❕Mumu minister ☹️☹️☹️

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Blackdisciple(m): 7:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Xeote author=HarryDuce post=103440637]I don't understand the need to reiterate this statement every week . How much does the non oil sector contribute to the country's treasury again?

Oil alone still contributes over 70% last I checked.[/quote]

Bro these people just want us to think there's the oil don't bring money again.

President of Senate came out last time and said there's no money .

What and what do non oil region contribute in the country economy Or is it the gold in zamfara that we don't even see it impacts in the state and other parts of the North or what na.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by descarado: 7:05am On Jul 07, 2021
What a caricature of a minister shocked
Does she know what she is saying?

Agriculture recently is driving naija economy?

Oil, nope, transport, nope
Commerce and industry, zil
Even hospitality service?

As regards transportation, Was it not recently amaechi boasted how much Nigeria realised in railway in the first quarter?
How about custom?

Shit to southern politicians that are always handed crumbs when South is singlehandedly sustaining this govt.
Do they know that?

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by bayelsaowei(m): 7:12am On Jul 07, 2021
descarado:
What a caricature of a minister?
Does she know what she is saying?

Agriculture recently is driving naija economy?

Oil, nope, transport, nope
Commerce and industry, zil
Even hospitality service?

As regards transportation, Was it not recently amaechi based how much Nigeria realised in railway in the first quarter?
How about custom?

Shit to southern politicians that are always handed crumbs when South is singlehandedly sustaining this govt.
Do they know that?
I don't wish to abuse the woman..but I will just say all of Buharis subordinates are insane with lies...how can the minister say this kind of thing when it's glaring to a blind person that Nigeria is still heavily dependent on oil and gas to drive our economy...

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Brushstrokes20: 7:18am On Jul 07, 2021
Bullocks for brainless buffoons!

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Panda7(m): 7:38am On Jul 07, 2021
EcoBrick:

https://punchng.com/non-oil-sector-driving-nigerian-economy-finance-minister/

what are the wild parasites saying again?? that the southern economy cant survive with the oil they are milking dry

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by onyeogalu1(m): 7:39am On Jul 07, 2021
EcoBrick:

He explained that the development was responsible for the 100 percent implementation of the 2020 Appropriations Act, which, according to him, would be achieved also in 2021.

https://punchng.com/non-oil-sector-driving-nigerian-economy-finance-minister/

100% indeed
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Lorddominic(m): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2021
That's a fact!!! The minister is not far from the truth... The non-oil sector she's referring to is the import duties/levies paid by importers (mostly the dotians) into d govt coffers... If you disagree with me, they Google the amount remitted into the federation account by Nigerian customs service in the last quarter. Udo diri unu
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by gabe: 8:36am On Jul 07, 2021
Please this is not news. Non oil sector has been driving the economy long before this Demon come into power. What we want to see is non oil sector contributing the bulk of govt revenues.

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by onuman: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2021
EcoBrick:

https://punchng.com/non-oil-sector-driving-
nigerian-economy-finance-minister/

Why then does Fulani-led government of Nigeria send troops to the east and SS to kill innocent civilians if what this minister said here is true?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by onuman: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2021
HarryDuce:
I don't understand the need to reiterate this statement every week . How much does the non oil sector contribute to the country's treasury again?

Oil alone still contributes over 70% last I checked.

She is on Fulani Taqqiya.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by descarado: 11:49am On Jul 07, 2021
bayelsaowei:
I don't wish to abuse the woman..but I will just say all of Buharis subordinates are insane with lies...how can the minister say this kind of thing when it's glaring to a blind person that Nigeria is still heavily dependent on oil and gas to drive our economy...
I read but not in full about the PIB. 100% about it.

The North has been sitting on that bill since eons but as their brother who has a mission is on the throne, time to amend and add what benefits them while South are busy fighting and betraying themselves.

Don't know why I'm bothered so much.
Me and my loved ones are miles away from Nigeria.
Even visiting I no dey visit.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Basicend: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2021
Vireani79:

Yes oh
U can see the topic is about the richest men in the world and what they sell

A-rindin

The guy has a logic in what he is saying.

That Nigeria can still acquire more wealth even without dependency on oil. He is trying to buttress the opinion of the government.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Basicend: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2021
Kposkila:
80% of the budget is funded from oil revenue and 95% of our forex is from sales of crude, some body pls pass this to madam quota system.

She is very dumb just like her oga PMB. . There is no point passing d I do to her. .

She will not understand what you are saying.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Vireani79: 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2021
Basicend:

The guy has a logic in what he is saying.

That Nigeria can still acquire more wealth even without dependency on oil. He is trying to buttress the opinion of the government.

Oga the topic is Nigeria
Not richest men in the world and how they made money
Abi u self follow dull
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Basicend: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2021
Vireani79:

Oga the topic is Nigeria
Not richest men in the world and how they made money
Abi u self follow dull

Bro he is indexing men to the state of Nigeria. It is called logic.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Vireani79: 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2021
Basicend:

Bro he is indexing men to the state of Nigeria. It is called logic.

The logic doesn't fly
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by mamaafrik(m): 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2021
the south south Militant are effing up big time,with dat rubbish 3℅ statement and Northern gimmick,no karada of oil should be flowing in the pipelines,it's time the militants join the struggle
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by grandstar(m): 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2021
HarryDuce:
I don't understand the need to reiterate this statement every week . How much does the non oil sector contribute to the country's treasury again?

Oil alone still contributes over 70% last I checked.

The non-oil sector should be contributing far more but tax collection has been disgraceful.

The oil sector only contributes about 10% of the economy but accounts for 70% of treasury receipts. It's the disproportionality that is the problem. Government must work smart to reduce oil share to 30% or less in the next 10years by overhauling tax system and drastically improving collection.

Also, an economy in the doldrums produces far less revenue than a strong one because profits are low (less money to tax) and consumer demand weak (less money from indirect taxes such as VAT and import duties. Also, jobless people pay no taxes. The present poor state of the economy under Buhari's'strangulating forex control policies does the tax man no favors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by freegaza(m): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2021
linearity:
So, the non-oil sector that is ‘driving’ the economy have now risen to a whopping 0.79%?

I guess, the rest of 99.21%, which is not part of the non-oil sector is not driving the economy.

You can’t write these jokes, if they are real and happening before our eyes.

And some people liked this comment. Non quota system graduates grin grin
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2021
Yes oo cow is driving the economy!!

Nonsense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stamp Duty: Court Refuses To Restrain CBN From Disbursing ‘Trillions’ Deposited / Lieutenant General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau- What Are You Up To? / Commentary On The Anticipated Muslim-muslim Ticket Of The APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.