Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) (7889 Views)

Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) / SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) / I Never Knew That Lion's Also Eat Grass Till I Saw It With My Eyes. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2021
A company incubated at 'The Innovation Hub' in South Africa has designed and now produces edible bowls to replace single-use plastic bowls for the food and catering industry.

The country is addressing the challenge of plastic pollution and its impacts on human health and the environment. A study conducted by the Department of Environmental Affairs in 2017 on Plastics Materials Flow confirms that packaging constitutes the largest component of single-use plastic waste generated in South Africa.

The bowls are made with organic ingredients, including unbleached and stone-ground wheat flour, bran, canola oil and rooibos tea extract.

“We pride ourselves on the fact that we do not use colourants and chemical preservatives. The rooibos extract acts as a natural preservative,” says Neeraj Mannie, the founding partner of Munch Innovations.

Not only does our product prevent pollution, but it adds nutrient value to your meal,” he adds.

The company’s bowls are being manufactured in Cape Town and are currently being exported to clients in Ghana, Dubai and Belgium.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by tillaman(m): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2021
sad
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Bluntguy: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2021
No be sharwama be that plate so? cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2021
Great. NIGERIA how far with cow worshiping?
Nonsense country called Nigeria. Thunder fire Buhari for trying to soil our dream.

27 Likes

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Spending123: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2021
Am just imaging how one would finish eating and start chewing plate like goat, no be juju be that?. grin grin grin

24SEVEN:

So after eating food, u will still eat plate. Lol. A classic case of eating both Thank you and very much. grin

This is a case of in eat finish chop plate, chop everything. No be witchcraft be that? grin grin grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Generalwoodz(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2021
nijaomegacode:
Nonsense country called Nigeria. Thunder fire Buhari for trying to soil our dream.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by mabelly: 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nice
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Mastakija(m): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2021
Tf

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
Spending123:
Am just imaging how one would finish eating and start chewing plate like goat, no be juju be that?. grin grin grin

People with your brain size should be shot on sight grin... This innovation is 100% relevant and useful , argue with yourself grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by rowland545(m): 11:46pm On Jul 06, 2021
Make chicken republic no give me this kind plate ooo...I fit chop d plate join wit d food thinking say nah pizza

2 Likes

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by ClassicMan202(m): 12:24am On Jul 07, 2021
mayorkun101:

People with your brain size should be shot on sight grin... This innovation is 100% relevant and useful , argue with yourself grin grin cheesy

Relevant no doubts but I still have some reservations:

The main purpose of plates is to prevent food from touching dirty surfaces right? So if the edible "plate" finish touching all these surfaces are we supposed to still eat it?

Like you ordered for food and the waiter carries the food in the plate, with his hands touching it and drops it on the table, then after you'll still eat the dirty plate.

AdeOri99:

No, you don't necessarily need to eat it, but if you throw it out, nature will do justice to it as it is biodegradable.
The main goal is to stall plastic waste pollution and I think this is a great innovation

Then why put so much effort into making it edible?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Sincinnati: 1:06am On Jul 07, 2021
You call this an innovation?

Dead on arrival.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by MemoriesAndMe: 1:20am On Jul 07, 2021
nijaomegacode:
If you had came up with the idea, you could have gotten investors and not have to blame Buhari for what you didn't know how to do yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Naijanascam: 1:22am On Jul 07, 2021
nijaomegacode:

Kilishi as an modern day innovation
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 2:47am On Jul 07, 2021
TMKsouth:
[s]A company incubated at 'The Innovation Hub' in South Africa has designed and now produces edible bowls to replace single-use plastic bowls for the food and catering industry.

The country is addressing the challenge of plastic pollution and its impacts on human health and the environment. A study conducted by the Department of Environmental Affairs in 2017 on Plastics Materials Flow confirms that packaging constitutes the largest component of single-use plastic waste generated in South Africa.

The bowls are made with organic ingredients, including unbleached and stone-ground wheat flour, bran, canola oil and rooibos tea extract.

“We pride ourselves on the fact that we do not use colourants and chemical preservatives. The rooibos extract acts as a natural preservative,” says Neeraj Mannie, the founding partner of Munch Innovations.

Not only does our product prevent pollution, but it adds nutrient value to your meal,” he adds.

The company’s bowls are being manufactured in Cape Town and are currently being exported to clients in Ghana, Dubai and Belgium.[/s]
Hahahaha this coon again cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 2:48am On Jul 07, 2021
Spending123:
No be primitive behavior be that one? lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 07, 2021
I just dey imagine how some people SHIT go dey following the consumption of all these.
Some go dey like Abraham Descendants...
Finally na TOILET go suffer am..

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Cossybob(m): 4:48am On Jul 07, 2021
Damn nigga
This is no innovation, this isn't even hygienic...They claim they export this bowl to other countries, I just wonder the kind of exposure this product passes through before getting to its consumers
ClassicMan202:

Relevant no doubts but I still have some reservations:

The main purpose of plates is to prevent food from touching dirty surfaces right? So if the edible "plate" finish touching all these surfaces are we supposed to still eat it?

Like you ordered for food and the waiter carries the food in the plate, with his hands touching it and drops it on the table, then after you'll still eat the dirty plate.
Good point

Sesmosfame:

Okay you mean say the food inside the eatable plate was handlessly prepared?
grin
As long as it is served hot, I have nothing to worry about Sir... smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by rex444(m): 5:07am On Jul 07, 2021
It's not really a must that you would eat the plate but animals might , the essence is to save water waste and propably save cost of dish washing too.... My one cent
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by dynicks(m): 5:11am On Jul 07, 2021
rex444:
It's not really a must that you would eat the plate but animals might , the essence is to save water waste and propably save cost of dish washing too.... My one cent
you have a point!!.....
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by profilemessages: 5:24am On Jul 07, 2021
could be wafer
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by SporaD8: 5:55am On Jul 07, 2021
like those ice cream flakes! Nice conception.
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Sesmosfame: 6:06am On Jul 07, 2021
Cossybob:
Damn nigga
This is no innovation, this isn't even hygienic...They claim they export this bowl to other countries, I just wonder the kind of exposure this product passes through before getting to its consumers

Good point

Okay you mean say the food inside the eatable plate was handlessly prepared?
grin

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Nuelito: 6:13am On Jul 07, 2021
Nice one....
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Tomilola360: 6:42am On Jul 07, 2021
stupid innovation
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 07, 2021
MemoriesAndMe:

If you had came up with the idea, you could have gotten investors and not have to blame Buhari for what you didn't know how to do yourself.
Look at this one.
Nigerians have better ideas if you don't know. Do you that a school gave 10k to her best graduating student?
But Nigerians prefer to celebrate yansh. Nobody gives a fvck about ideas, thanks to the cow who is more interested in cattle than human.
In Japan, the gov't made it a law that you can walk into any tech company and submit your idea which the company must test.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by davillian(m): 7:06am On Jul 07, 2021
I doubt if blacks would like to eat thier plates after eating....
Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Futurecrypto1: 7:14am On Jul 07, 2021
This post is destined for fp

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2021
South Africans always innovating trash

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Mbataku96(m): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2021
I see nothing innovative here, this idea was copied from the Mexicans
The pic below is a Mexican hat dish

2 Likes

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Lorayne(m): 7:38am On Jul 07, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
South Africans always innovating trash
Seriously, bro. What is your problem?.. you re always posting trash on this guy's threads

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodbye Plastic Dishes… SA Innovation Hub Makes Bowls You Can Also Eat! (PIX) by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:40am On Jul 07, 2021
Mbataku96:
I see nothing innovative here, this idea was copied from the Mexicans
Of course that's what they are good at, they can never be innovative, always copying. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students / Waec 2010 May/june Exam Time Table / See The Savage Replies From Northerners After Being Mocked On Their Jamb Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.