Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? (30109 Views)

Confused Graduate: What Skills Can I Learn With Android Phone To Start Earning? / What Its Mean To Acquire Higher Degree Time Wasting Or What? / Things To Do Before Going For An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Albertone(m): 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2021
Where people dey see money to travel out?
I thought we all said no money in this Buhari Administration!

Oja ti paro funmi

I love the seas

1 Like

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Commentor: 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2021
You could always be a programmer.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by chiedozie198100: 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2021
going abroad as a single Nigerian woman is almost like committing suicide oo.

except u have signed up to be a babymama.

only go abroad if you are entering a man's house as a wife.

if you like make all the money in the world, my dear loneliness from culture shock and racism may drive you insane.

that's why u need a partner to cushion the effect of loneliness.

a word is enough for the wise.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Liposure: 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2021
Learn runs and go places
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by larryking540: 11:49pm On Jul 07, 2021
sigiyaya112:
Why do Nigerians think that getting married is an achievement
it isn't Nigeria thinking,it's a general world perspective,,the best achievement of a man is been able to provide for his family ,and what of a lady ?
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by larryking540: 11:55pm On Jul 07, 2021
sigiyaya112:
Why do Nigerians think that getting married is an achievement
it isn't Nigeria thinking,it's a general world perspective,,the best achievement of a man is been able to provide for his family ,and what of a lady ?

u lady need to stop this your one sided thinking of is marriage an achievement,show me a lady in her late 40s and she will tell you the definition of not having a partner/husband ..you ladies really don't Know the definition of loneliness , Bec you see your friends hovering around you,u think they will be there for ever ,wake up pretty lady ,you will achieve more been with your husband ,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Panda7(m): 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2021
tuna85:
Hi Everyone, trust our days have been great?

I wish to relocate to one of the developed Countries and would love to acquire one or two skills before leaving to enable me survive asides schooling. I am a lady and would love your advice especially from experienced nairalanders.

Thanks a lot.

a demonstrator..
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by WoundedLamb: 12:00am On Jul 08, 2021
aikyg:
Respect for husband. Abroad gives the average Nigerian woman the illusion that her husband is more like a glorified houseboy. These women throw caution to the wind and go all out to oppress their partners. When the man can't handle anymore, he comes back to Nigeria or quietly leaves the house for the woman. If he makes the mistake of fighting for his right, the woman kicks him out. At the end of the day these women end up sad and frustrated.

However, the women who travel with respect for their husbands end up with a very happy and prosperous home.

Lol... when a man is travelling, we ask him to learn IT and when a lady is travelling, we ask her to learn how to respect the man. Sexism is just ridiculous.

By the way, nobody is a glorified houseboy anywhere. Couples have mutual respect out here; no slave master relationship.

5 Likes

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Thesaint141(m): 12:15am On Jul 08, 2021
Ask Saphiere, she knows better.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by marylandcakes: 12:16am On Jul 08, 2021
How to be multi skilled and independent.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by marylandcakes: 12:18am On Jul 08, 2021
chiedozie198100:
going abroad as a single Nigerian woman is almost like committing suicide oo.

except u have signed up to be a babymama.

only go abroad if you are entering a man's house as a wife.

if you like make all the money in the world, my dear loneliness from culture shock and racism may drive you insane.

that's why u need a partner to cushion the effect of loneliness.

a word is enough for the wise.

This is 2021 not 1821

1 Like

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by AnotherAlien: 12:36am On Jul 08, 2021
I think the most important thing first is getting the papers to work legally wherever you're heading to.

You may learn all the various skills but they're useless when you cant legally put them to use because you can't suddenly be authorized to work in many countries without fixing you legal status there.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Lexusgs430: 12:37am On Jul 08, 2021
Activist001:
Industrial servicing.

Please don't ask me for more information. undecided

Did you mean she should get training, from the pò.rn industry.......... cheesy

1 Share

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Burgerlomo: 12:38am On Jul 08, 2021
tuna85:

I wish to relocate to one of the developed Countries and would love to acquire one or two skills before leaving to enable me survive asides schooling. I am a lady and would love your advice especially from experienced nairalanders.

Thanks a lot.

Different hair braiding styles and thank me later.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Cholls(m): 12:42am On Jul 08, 2021
Ndipe:
You will make boku money as a nurse/caregiver.
my brother many don't know... In the USA this is the hot cake
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by kunle75(m): 12:44am On Jul 08, 2021
tuna85:

Thanks a lot.

Hair and nails making
Tailoring
IT skills
Art and crafts etc
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by berrystunn(m): 12:49am On Jul 08, 2021
Learn how to make hair...
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by igbowoman: 12:57am On Jul 08, 2021
These skills will serve you well.

1. Learn to drive
2.learn to braid hair
3.learn to sew clothes
4.learn to make small chops i.e meatpies, chin chin, puff puff, buns, sausage rolls, scotch eggs.
5.learn how to do make up
6.how to tie gele
7. Develop a Tough skin
8.Have a goal
9. Keep away from RCCG, winners, christ embassy or any Nigerian majority congregation
10 Stay focused

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 1:11am On Jul 08, 2021
larryking540:

u lady need to stop this your one sided thinking of is marriage an achievement,show me a lady in her late 40s and she will tell you the definition of not having a partner/husband ..you ladies really don't Know the definition of loneliness , Bec you see your friends hovering around you,u think they will be there for ever ,wake up pretty lady ,you will achieve more been with your husband ,

This is the kind of comment that shows how uneducated some of our people are.

There are thousands of women who are in marriages where they get abused every day and beat up,with cheating husbands...its better for those women to be single than endure that violence for years.

3 Likes

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:16am On Jul 08, 2021
Depending where u won go
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Cousin9999: 1:20am On Jul 08, 2021
Medical.
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by mrbionic: 1:33am On Jul 08, 2021
If you are coming over for studies, you only need part time jobs:

1. Health or support worker: You can earn as much as £1500. You will be trained on the job.

2. Cleaner: You will be trained. Same with sorting, picking and packing jobs.

Basically, if you are the coming to Europe you will be trained by your employer for most jobs. A very lucrative side hustle you can learn before coming is HAIRSTYLING. African ladies will hunt for you to help out for a lesser amount compared to standard saloons.

4 Likes

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by bepositive11: 1:36am On Jul 08, 2021
post=103477120:
The question is relative to an individual.

While some have decided to go and learn how to braid hair before travelling abroad, some decided to go to Nursing School before doing the same.
Some also decided to come to us @[b][/b] to learn how to Grill Barbecue before traveling to obodo oyibo.

While many decided on what to do, as long as at the end of it all, they will be fine and do well for their family members.

So it depends on an individual.

You guys are really good at branding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Kolaboluv7(m): 2:30am On Jul 08, 2021
Activist001:
Industrial servicing.

Please don't ask me for more information. undecided

grin

I know hahahahaahahahah

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by kelvinjames01: 2:33am On Jul 08, 2021
Just cut the question short. NURSING
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by sylve11: 4:00am On Jul 08, 2021
visijo:
Not every man that is nice to you is flirting with you.
Some mothers raised their sons to be gentleman.✍️

cool

1 Like

Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by mceze(m): 4:16am On Jul 08, 2021
Speaktruth88:

Coding. Female doesn’t matter. Coding and IT related skills is where it’s at.
Where can I learn this? I am much interested. Here's my email-ezemichaelchukwudi@gmail.com
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by swedbase(m): 4:20am On Jul 08, 2021
aikyg:
Respect for husband. Abroad gives the average Nigerian woman the illusion that her husband is more like a glorified houseboy. These women throw caution to the wind and go all out to oppress their partners. When the man can't handle anymore, he comes back to Nigeria or quietly leaves the house for the woman. If he makes the mistake of fighting for his right, the woman kicks him out. At the end of the day these women end up sad and frustrated.

However, the women who travel with respect for their husbands end up with a very happy and prosperous home.

You are absolutely correct. Thumb up. Where do you base?
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by swedbase(m): 4:21am On Jul 08, 2021
bustykasa:
Hair styling and fashion design

Depends where she is travelling to
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Nnamaka1: 4:33am On Jul 08, 2021
bustykasa:
Hair styling and fashion design

Yes please
Re: As A Female, What Skills Do I Need To Acquire Before Going Abroad? by Divoc19(f): 4:51am On Jul 08, 2021
Learn computer typing skills for office job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmed Zakari & Co (chartered Accountants) Test Invite / Wema Bank Graduate Trainee 2021 With Classmarker / [UPDATED.] Implementation Officers Required By International Development Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.