Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. (1188 Views)

UN Queries Nigerian Government Over Nnamdi Kanu's Case / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' / Opposition Candidate Atiku Gains Momentum In Nigeria Election Race - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tranquillity360: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu’s case gains momentum as UK parliament tables 3 topics of discussion for debate by Gemid News.

The diplomatic spat between the UK government, Nigeria, and Kenya is poised to take a new turn, with the United Kingdom parliament scheduled to debate Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest.

The United Kingdom’s parliament is due to address the concerns surrounding the arrest and subsequentcustody of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), according to the People’s Gazette.

Recall Kanu was arrested in a yet-to-be-disclosed country and repatriated to Nigeria.

Kanu until his arrest, was based in the UK, and being a citizen of the United kingdom, his arrest sent tongues wagging as his supporters questioned UK’s position and involvement in the issue.

This position was clarified by the statement given by the Head of Communications, British High Commission in Abuja, Dean Hurlock who confirmed that the government of the United Kingdom did not have a hand in the whole saga.

According to a parliamentary schedule, as seen by the news medium, a member of the UK house of parliament from Liverpool, Lord Alton is in charge of the deliberation as he will be raising the motion at the House of Lords.

From the schedule, the parliament will be tabling 3 important topics of discussion as it concerns Kanu’s arrest and repatriation.

The major topics of discussion will be:

(1) The alleged role of the Kenyan government as regards the detention and alleged maltreatment of the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu.

(2) The circumstances surrounding the process and method by which Nnamdi Kanu was transferred to Nigeria.

(3) To confirm if any form of assistance has been provided for Nnamdi Kanu by the UK High Commission in Abuja.

Recall the UK high commission in Nigeria had earlier said that the government of the UK will give Kanu consular

Hurlock had also confirmed that the British High Commission in Abuja is currently in the process of seeking clarification from the Nigerian government about the circumstances of the arrest.

The outcome of the deliberations will decide many factors as it appears the Kenyan government will still have questions to answer as the UK has roped it into the discussion.

Vanguard News.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by KvngSO1: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hmm
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tranquillity360: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
ok
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by athaboi(f): 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2021
A failed state
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by GuyWise101(m): 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

We are seriously moving forward.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by hisgrace090: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2021
Biafrans must lough last, no going back.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tranquillity360: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2021
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
We are seriously moving forward.
ZOO thought Kanu and Ipob are workover.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by ejighikemeuwa: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2021
Quick, quick, quickly.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tinubuadvocate: 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
UK can't do anything I swear. The country is currently dwelling on her passed glory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tranquillity360: 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
UK can't do anything I swear. The country is currently dwelling on her passed glory.
Buhari must deal with UK for not recognize Kanu and Ipob as terroristgrin grin
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tinubuadvocate: 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
My brother uk is not relevant in today international politics.
Tranquillity360:
Buhari must deal with UK for not recognize Kanu and Ipob as terroristgrin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Buckeyemedia1: 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Toothless Goats, coup in their former colony Burma turned Myanmar they couldn’t do anything, they want Nigeria to open their yansh? China has ended so called democracy also in their former colony Hong Kong, Nothing they could do

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tranquillity360: 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Pls am not your brother.

Not relevant is not when it come to Nigeria.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by ojaysam25(m): 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
He should serve his jail term, so we can focus more on more pressing issue.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tinubuadvocate: 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2021
Okay I agreed you aren't my brother kanu has divided us.
Tranquillity360:
Pls am not your brother.

Not relevant is not when it come to Nigeria.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by PrinceOfLagos: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
Kanu is a British citizen so I'm not surprised

I'm pretty sure that Bubari and his crew won't be comfortable with this..
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tranquillity360: 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2021
ojaysam25:
He should serve his jail term, so we can focus more on more pressing issue.
No issue is more pressing in Nigeria today than Ipob and Kanugrin grin

Ask presidency.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tranquillity360: 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Okay I agreed you aren't my brother kanu has divided us.
How can Kanu divide what was never together.

And your president was uniting when he said 5% and 97%?
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Pentagon007: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
@OP Add the News Link and mention the Mods to take it to FP. The other thread has still been moved to FP and its a shame unto the Tribalist OPs.
Re: Kanu’s Case Gains Momentum As UK Parliament Tables 3 Topics Of Discussion. by Tranquillity360: 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pentagon007:
@OP Add the News Link and mention the Mods to take it to FP. The other thread has still been moved to FP and its a shame unto the Tribalist OPs.
They won't move it,so no need for me to do that.

They only move anti-Ipob and Kanu even without source.

(1) (Reply)

Trouble In APC: “they Promised Me DG Of A Federal Parastatal” – Anambra Dep Gov, / The Second Nigerian Civil War Is In Northern Nigeria / 2023: UK Government Asks Buhari To Sign Amended Electoral Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.