Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,112 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer (76877 Views)

Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu / Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by AJohnnasa(m): 9:39am On Jul 09, 2021
Becky Osarume Osagie returned from Italy to become a vulcanizer in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria because for her, it is better to suffer to make money than to become a prostitute.

In 2015, Becky sought greener pastures outside the shores of Nigeria. She was only 19 years old when she took the decision to move to Italy. However, her journey to her new country was neither easy nor smooth, as she spent three months and two weeks going by road, through Libya into Italy.

According to her, she spent two weeks in a prison, then three months inside a house before she crossed into the southern European country.

Becky had a sponsor who spent N400,000 to 'send' her to Italy. Their agreement was that she would repay him €35,000 (about N7.6 million) on her return; to ensure that she would keep her end of the agreement, the sponsor took her to a shrine to swear an oath. However, Becky decided to return to Nigeria when she realised that the only job she could do to repay such outrageous sum is prostitution.

"When someone helped me convert the money to Naira, I realised that I could not repay it even in 50 years," she said.

After she returned to Nigeria in 2017, she could not find a job to do and did not have the funds to start up a business. One day while she sat with her then boyfriend watching a Nollywood film, she saw Mercy Johnson working as a vulcanizer, there she told herself that if Mercy could attempt it, she could actually learn the job and do it. Her boyfriend did not like the idea, hence, he threatened to end the relationship if she ventured into the business.

Becky learnt vulcanizing irrespective of her boyfriend's threat, got a shop, and started repairing tyres. That decision ultimately cost her the relationship.Despite her boyfriend calling it quits on their relationship because of the vulcanizing job, the hardworking lady has no regrets about it.

https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=37c57fad078eb47ea16edc7ff5d043a8&news_entry_id=s14755214210708en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_37ef997c-2b4e-4ca0-b4eb-41c1945b0932&from=news

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by appishani1(m): 9:45am On Jul 09, 2021
Why will I meet somebody like her

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by MiniImportation: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2021
I see GOD visitation on this girl's matter, I see MERCY JOHNSON and Other celebrities lending her favours.

This very moment I decree and declare by the power giving to me by the almighty any hard and embarrassing moment will lead you to your helper.

335 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by Nbotee(m): 9:54am On Jul 09, 2021
She could help been deported seeing she was an illegal immigrant

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by aylive02(m): 10:37am On Jul 09, 2021
MiniImportation:
I see GOD visitation on this girl's matter, I see MERCY JOHNSON and Other celebrities lending her favours.

This very moment I decree and declare by the power giving to me by the almighty any hard and embarrassing moment will lead you to your helper.
where you see mercy Johnson? grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by MiniImportation: 10:41am On Jul 09, 2021
aylive02:
where you see mercy Johnson? grin
you go soon see ya'm.

Don't forget to tag when the testimony hit the front page

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by Areola14(m): 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2021
I like her spirit! This is the kind of person we want.. Instead of her staying in Italy tarnishing the image this country. She decided to come back and do something better... This is person with good policy. Traveling abroad for greener pastures is not bad but when you get there and the place is not favourable to you, it's better you come back home and maintain your good humanity.. I know many people of her kindly will think of what people at home will say.. but her personality matter.. respect!

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by slawormiir: 9:14pm On Jul 09, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright .....
Nice story....same old story repeating all the time

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by shamsin6300(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2021
You mean she left oversea to undersea?
Mehn! Her village people strong.
Her sponsorer self too greedy, from #400k to 7.6 million ah.

24 Likes

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by money121(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by wunmi590(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2021
sad

Better than prostitution and being told to eat shit

15 Likes

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by pansophist(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2021
Respecting. Better than being a prostitute for gross looking Italian men. I see her going far.

13 Likes

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by eedimo(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
correct
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
It's not funny ooo
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by 4tomandchi: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
Good for her.
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by LikeAking: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
Village people.

5 Likes

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by feelgoodstuffs(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
If she’s cashing out and smiling to the bank no problem . Better than all these “small girls big God”

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
I buy Bitcoins at very good rates.

Send a message today.

cool
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by tuoyoojo(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
I respect this woman totally

Working for her money

She had the option to proustite but declined it irrespective of the consequences

I pray God picks her call

She is a million times better than those small girls with Big "gods"

Better than those with entitlement mentality, shooking eye for money when them nor work for.

God bless her

Like play like play BBC don showcase her.....

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by francisisking: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
Feminist..
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by gasparpisciotta: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
Better reign in hell than to serve in heaven
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by kenzysmith: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
Benin people fear them,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
Vulcanizer isn't a bad job any more. Vulcanizer wey dey my area own two houses already.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
Wow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by mbahdi(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
Buhari effect.may mosquitos finish buhari blokos

3 Likes

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by kenzysmith: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
Who she wan deceive after she don collect prick tire for Italy come Nigeria come chase clout

8 Likes

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by sammysmiles(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
No be small thing
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by tolumizzy(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
Tufiakwa
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by Fahdiga(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
Better than skull mining
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by Dpharisee: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2021
She can do it with automatic machine as she grows in the trade. Kudos to her dogedness

16 Likes

Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by rittanie(f): 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2021
Decision worth emulating
Re: Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer by KayCee92(m): 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2021
shamsin6300:
You mean she left oversea to undersea?
Mehn! Her village people strong.

Nobi all oversea be oversea abeg. Some na highsea grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why This Discrimination Between B.Sc & HND? / Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University / Mutale Winfridah: Zambian Female Banker Suspended For Sleeping With 200 Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.