Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG (13382 Views)

Bigger Cargoes To Berth At Onitsha Port Soon – FG / Sylva: Buhari Will End Nigeria’s Fuel Importation / David Lyon Visits Bola Tinubu With Timipre Sylva (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by ItsTutsi(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2021
The Federal Government on Thursday assured operators in the oil and gas sector as well as other stakeholders that the Petroleum Industry Bill would soon be signed into law by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, who gave the assurance in Abuja, stated that the bill would be signed into law because it would ensure openness in the oil sector.

Sylva disclosed this when the Board of Trustees of Corruption Reporters led by Yunusa Tanko gave him an award for championing anti-corruption fight by promoting transparency in the petroleum industry.

The non-passage of the PIB, which dragged for about 15 years, was halted last week Thursday after both chambers of the National Assembly passed the bill that, according to experts, would further unlock the potentials in Nigeria’s oil sector.

Commenting on the bill after receiving the anti-corruption award, Sylva said, “The PIB, which has been passed by the National Assembly, would soon be signed into law.

“And it will change the narrative and fast track transparency and openness in the petroleum industry for the development of the nation.”

Aside from the bill, the minister stated that the government had also adopted other measures to enhance transparency in governance and address corruption.

He explained that corruption in Nigeria was often pronounced at three levels, which were at the point of revenue collection, the treasury and contract execution.

Sylva said, “But with introduction of the Treasury Single Account, the practice has been significantly curtailed at the revenue collection and treasury levels but still striving at the level of contract implementation.

“Now, eliminating it at the third level is the responsibility of everyone by reporting sharp practices.”

Sylva commended the group for honouring him with the anti-corruption champion award and pledged to continue in the fight against acts that would put the Nigerian oil sector in bad light.

On why the minister was honoured by the group, Tanko said the recipient of the award had instituted transparency and accountability in the oil sector.

He said the audit report published by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, an agency of the petroleum ministry, for the first time in 43 years, among other initiatives, showed that the minister had contributed to the growth of the sector.

https://punchng.com/buhari-will-sign-pib-into-law-soon-fg/?amp

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Dannybammz: 11:42am On Jul 09, 2021
I've been trying to renew my UAE Residence Visa but it keeps getting rejected.
Nigeria has been added to their Blacklist.
Some Nigerians have spoiled our image here in the UAE and its affecting us all.
So saddening!

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2021
Not even mindingbthe errors n flaws in the bill against the oil producing region..chai

4 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 09, 2021
It's expected he would expedite nepotistic imbalances like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Ddmase: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2021
Very obvious our politicians doesn't want to kiss the Nigerian problem goodby. You can't solve problem with the same nagative energy that created them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by sylve11: 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
3% for oil producing communities. sad

Smiles. cheesy cool

6 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
undecided
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by nicho450(m): 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
Is alright
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Offpoint1: 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2021
For those with DIGITAL SKILL and are not getting clients, message me via the number on my signature.

If you are interested in SELLING DIGITAL SKILLS you don't have, also message me..... I GOT SOMETHING FOR Y'ALL.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by festacman(m): 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
That will be great provided that:

1. The 3% for host communities is raised back to 5%.

2. The 30% of annual profit of the soon-to-be incorporated NNPC Limited will be kept in an escrow account to be over-seen by Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority in trust for all the federating units rather than being over-seen Federal Ministry of Finance under the presidency. In line with this, every withdrawal receives necessary approvals and monitoring. Thus the 30% will continues to accumulate as a kind of STRATEGIC RESERVE even as it is judiciously utilized for oil exploration in any part of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by sam564: 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
does it really matter how will that affect the standard of living positively!??
make una leave me make

I meeeuuuvvvveee
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by englishmart(m): 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
Nigeria will soon dissolve like ice

6 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by WiszyFraud: 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
englishmart:
Nigeria will soon dissolve like ice

Damnn too bad angry
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by brosom(m): 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2021
Abeg when will bubu sign cow assurance to every citizen in to law? grin

I'm still waiting oga bubu oo grin
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by AroleOduduwa2: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
Imagine this willing tool from the south, your state which is an oil producing state will earn less than 5% while some states up the north which doesn’t have oil will get 30% to look for oil they will never find.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by freshalien: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
They are already thanking him for selling his very own region that would be at lose if the bill is signed into law. How can we get all these southern politicians, public office holders, e.tc, who keep selling their people out, in one building and just send a missile to bring it down. And then declare the session of the southern region from this useless made in Britain contraption called Nigeria??

10 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by UstazAhmed(m): 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
Buhari should be fast about it. Its 3% for the host community and 30% for the frontier and that's final. We rule and reign in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by dele1727: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
grin grin grin
Please note that timpre slyva is from the south
1 time Governor infact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Drsnives(m): 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
Fool
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Revere27: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
We don hear una... We move!

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by IamNumeroUno: 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Of course the vegetable will sign the Northern People Beneficiary bill soon!

The original version of that bill has been going on and off Aso Rock with the president withholding assent. Now that the owners of Southern oil have included a clause that favours them the most, the terrorist, jihadist pedophile will sign it soon!

My worry is that Sylva, whose people stand to suffer the most is spearheading this shame of a bill.

How can a barren North get 30% while the owners get a paltry 2.5% derivatives? I hate to admit, but Nigeria is almost becoming a zoo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by CapitalBank: 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Dannybammz:
Some Nigerians have spoiled our image in the UAE and its affecting all of us
so sorry bro.. so sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Threebear(m): 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Failed president .

The worst president in the history of Naija abs that's saying a lot cos we've had terrible leaders.
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by sapientia(m): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
Our oyel

Where are they?

They would have still been foaming from the mouth if Kanu talked even about palm oil �

Meanwhile, both Bills have not been harmonized
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Threebear(m): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
Dannybammz:
Don't worry , once Biafra is actualized , you'll become a citizen and leave the blacklist. shocked

1 Like

Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Mylifemyme(m): 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2021
Dannybammz:
only God can help this country of ours undecided
Maybe you should try another location because the rate at which people are coming to get winter wears from my shop is alarming. Good for me not good for the country my man undecided
Re: Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG by Sunnycliff(m): 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2021
How far, we south south and Niger Delta crew? Our oil, our oil, Ipob want to steal out, how far?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Silence Of South-East, South-South Governors Over Kanu’s Fate Suspicious ― IPOB / Tinubu Arrives Ebonyi, Commissions APC Governorship Campaign Office / Any Policeman Who Extorts Nigerians Is An Armed Robber – Force PRO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.