Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts (2311 Views)

Blunt Thoughts / Thoughts! / Colours- A Collection Of Poems On Love And Friendship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 23, 2015
I wanted to open this in Diaries, but I had a change of mind; I want people to ask me questions about these verses sometimes. It's more like the verses write themselves these days. No, they form themselves.

As my thoughts grow into verses, I'll drop the ones that won't shock the world too much here as most would, really, like this one. embarassed

Here I go........

God knows I've failed
And so do others
I don't deserve blessings
From kind hearted lovers
I know I'm selfish
Cold blooded at times
And when I lose control
I'm driving blind

I close my eyes
When I see
My life being taken
Out from under me
It boils my blood
It fuels my fury
Clouds my vision
And my thoughts get blurry

I hate the person
That I have become
Wish it away
I try to run
But I end up dizzy
From the circles I make
Hit the walls
And try to break
Them down to only see myself
Because I'm the only one who's left

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 25, 2015
There's a grassy field behind the window here. When the wind blows, and each leaf bends into a bow.......

Wind whispered
To the blade of grass
And the grass blade bowed
Gracefully
And danced,
First tentatively,
Then joyously,
Wildly,
Ecstatically . . .
And the wind
Sang.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 25, 2015
What is the colour of love?
It should be brown, shouldn't it?
Hearts are brown, aren't they?
And the bloods that drip from the teeth of vampires? sad

Deep in a forest/Lush and green/A young beauty/Lies unseen/Lost in slumber/Eternal rest/In a bed of flowers/A fragrant nest/For she awaits/Her gleaming knight/To find this treasure/Hidden from sight/He will lean in/Brush away her hair/To find a maiden/Soft and fair/Lowers his hood/To deliver a kiss/That will break the spell/And bring happiness

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 26, 2015
Please, brother don't follow my thoughts closely. They've ran wild, wandered; it could be the beginning of a long, long journey to madness.

So, tonight, I let them go wherever they would and I chased them, traced them with my pen, and I brought them back to the paper and this is what I got. I'm not sure it even makes any sense; I just wanted to see them run away; free. sad

Lets see where this takes us.
A stream of conscious
Putting my words onto the screen
Black and white
Clear and simple.
Each word a world unto itself
Clearly defined
Solid
Sturdy
Safe
Visible thoughts
Transmuted from electrical impulse
And chemical interactions
Into art
With the gentle movements of fingertips
Moving as if to music
In response to some half heard beat
That resonates through the bone
From the marrow
Onto the white marble of the screen
Chipping away at the unmarked perfection
Etching into it your dreams
So where do they come from?
These thoughts that meander
In random directions
As at the whim of dice
Cast by uncaring gods?
Carried by the winds if whimsy
An errant balloon with no purpose
I long for that music
Played without thought
From the depths of this muddled mind
That will drive me from my seat
And into the sun
In search of something
Anything
To express what I hear and feel
Something
To shiver my soul
To fill my empty head
The world is out there
Everything
Laid at our feet
If we but had the will to make use of it
Nothing
Nothing drives me
Apathy and laziness claimed me
And I languish
Lamenting my own weaknesses
With cynical laughter
Misplaced mirth that has no venom
For venom too would take effort
Boredom
Words without care
Or thought
Travelling wherever the mind takes them
Creating a path I can follow
Back to the beginning
Lets see where this takes us ….

I'm still I so don't bother. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 08, 2015
S called me this morning; S would be leaving in the evening. It's sad; so sad, but all the best I wish for you, S!

Were you content, my love, like me to pause beside the slow, sombre stream, and like me, did you dream of those past years whose images were caught and carried down like fallen leaves helpless in the current toward the sea?

Did you, like me, feel time suspended, a moment stretching out to touch the far bank, stopping the current in its bed, and did you, in this moment, feel that all the gifts that life could offer would never match this single brightest flare of time whose brief existence now alas, has ended?
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
To Everyone Who Read My Poems......

Although it's early June,the burning sun outside is sparing no effort to warm this indifferent heart inside of me which is getting poorer and poorer every second.

The moment when you said you had no words after reading some dull poems of mine,for they read like
a beautiful prayer from nature to you, you made my day and now I feel inspired a bit.

Perhaps I should keep on scribbling and wish that what seems to be useless weeds in my humble eyes might turn into green oases for some travellers on hot and dry deserts

Timpaker and texanomaly, is this prose poetry? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by timpaker(m): 6:24am On Jun 10, 2015
This is a prose bro. cool
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by joseph1832(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2015
laykorn:
To Everyone Who Read My Poems......

Although it's early June,the burning sun outside is sparing no effort to warm this indifferent heart inside of me which is getting poorer and poorer every second.

The moment when you said you had no words after reading some dull poems of mine,for they read like
a beautiful prayer from nature to you, you made my day and now I feel inspired a bit.

Perhaps I should keep on scribbling and wish that what seems to be useless weeds in my humble eyes might turn into green oases for some travellers on hot and dry deserts

Timpaker, I didn't know the sun burn in June, and its been raining cats and dogs where I staygrin
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 21, 2015
Mirror mirror, on the wall,
Can't I be the fairest, of them all?

Do the fairest, ask the same as me?
Is what you mirror, what they see?

Mirror, mirror, on wall,
Of same old sights, you must be bored:

The dissatisfaction,
over reactions,
the scrutinisation,
and complication,

the sighing, the crying,
the self esteems dying,
the pullings and placings,
tuckings and tracings.

Mirrors, mirrors on the wall,
reflecting down an endless hall,
This fairytale has become stale,
the happy ending's off this trail.

Why can't I just accept your gift? undecided
This endless passage, down I trail. sad

And Ishilove locked that thread......
And Ishilove sent me to bed...........

Gooonight

1 Like

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Ishilove: 12:03am On Jun 21, 2015
laykorn:

Mirror, mirror, on wall,

The dissatisfaction,
over reactions,
the scrutinisation,
and complication,

the sighing, the crying,
the self esteems dying,
tuckings and tracings.

Gooonight
smiley smiley
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by timpaker(m): 12:22am On Jun 21, 2015
laykorn:

Mirror, mirror, on wall,

The dissatisfaction,
over reactions,
the scrutinisation,
and complication,

the sighing, the crying,
the self esteems dying,
tuckings and tracings.

Gooonight

It's funny cuz I just penned down something about mirror this night. Will share it tomorrow.

Nice poem! Your piece make enough sense. Walahi.
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 21, 2015
timpaker:

It's funny cuz I just penned down something about mirror this night. Will share it tomorrow.

Nice poem! Your piece make enough sense. Walahi.

This is pretty awesome; this is the second or third time that would be happening. I post something, and at that moment, you just finished a piece on the same topic. cheesy

I anticipate, sir.

1 Like

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by timpaker(m): 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
laykorn:

This is pretty awesome; this is the second or third time that would be happening. I post something, and at that moment, you just finished a piece on the same topic. cheesy

I anticipate, sir.

First is an accident
Second is a coincidence
The third should be what?
cheesy
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:41am On Jun 22, 2015
timpaker:

First is an accident
Second is a coincidence
The third should be what?
cheesy

Great minds think alike. grin grin grin
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2015

Even in the heart of utter glee
Embers of gloom lurk;
Their tongues may rise and devour thee
Oh, Ye Memory bird!

Time doth toll with every smile
That sits upon thine eyes
And so will go a bell to steal
From ye, the future chimes.

The glee and gloom will merge at last;
The ground will slip away
The song and dance will be a past
To but a lifeless hay.

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Great minds think alike. grin grin grin

ANB, I saw you challenge Jò to a word duel; I'm in for the duel. We'll make it a picture-inspired duel. Someone anchors, and he awards scores if we wish to be scored.
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
So, someone said timpaker and texanomaly both were born in June.
And basille too.

That all great poets were born in June.
Or soon.

Maybe the fact that I was born in June,
Will make me write good poetry,
Someday too.

1 Like

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:15am On Jun 25, 2015
laykorn:
So, someone said timpaker and texanomaly both were born in June.
And basille too.

That all great poets were born in June.
Or soon.

Maybe the fact that I was born in June,
Will make me write good poetry,
Someday too.

It's predestination. I was born in june too!
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:41am On Jun 25, 2015
laykorn:

ANB, I saw you challenge Jò to a word duel; I'm in for the duel. We'll make it a picture-inspired duel. Someone anchors, and he awards scores if we wish to be score.

Ohhh! It's about to go down!!!!
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

It's predestination. I was born in june too!
WTF!!! shocked grin
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Who's gonna help with a thread and the judging if necessary?

texanomaly
EverestDeBliu
donifez
yuzjet
JigsawKillah
joseph1832
rudepen
Krystaxxx
Pdizzle

It will be modelled after this:

www.google.nl/url?q=https://www.nairaland.com/2063593/standd-everestdebliu-word-battle&sa=U&ei=ig6MVZO-DMHtUuCfnXA&ved=0CAkQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEPV6ajtqGiTNlOHV6JrLRpBR5sdg
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by rudepen(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
im gonna love this
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by JigsawKillah(m): 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Laykorn

why?
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by JigsawKillah(m): 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Laykorn

why?
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by llaykorn: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
The burning sun has had its due
my sight diminished by its hue
but this composer of my life
was worthy of the sacrifice

Let me show a song for you
that’s brought me joy my whole life through,
include the chorus of the trees
as summer wind’s do life’s hurt ease.

When all the trials and pain of life
engulf the spirit in their strife
a path through motioned wheat deep fields
fills me with joy and sadness yields.

Soft pliant sand beneath my feet
next to the rippling tide’s sly creep
twixt sea and soughing of the reeds,
some manna for my soul it feeds.

Best out into the land and love,
let nature be your turtle dove,
be deaf not to its bill and coo,
a song of healing, sung for you.
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by llaykorn: 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

AllNaijaBlogger, are we still doing this? smiley
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
llaykorn:

AllNaijaBlogger, are we still doing this? smiley

YOU'RE BACK!!!!

YESSS
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by timpaker(m): 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
Welcome back bro.

And no more e-suicide cheesy
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by llaykorn: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
timpaker:
Welcome back bro.

And no more [b]e-suicide[
cheesy[/b]

Ah, sir, it hits me as transverse waves do; sometimes I get the crests, and sometimes the troughs. If another crest plunks with enough amplitude, the possibility of the emboldened can never be overruled. grin

1 Like

Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by timpaker(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
llaykorn:

Ah, sir, it hits me as transverse waves do; sometimes I get the crests, and sometimes the troughs. If another crest plunks with enough amplitude, the possibility of the emboldened can never be overruled. grin

Hehehhehheheheh. that's my man!
Re: Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts by llaykorn: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
This one is for a cute soul; it's her birthday. Her name is KizzyyRae. On the 29th of October 2014, she made a post that really touched me deeply. Somehow, it changed who I am and also, in someway, she is one of my numerous role models. smiley

On your birthday, special one,
I wish that all your dreams come true.
May your day be filled with joy,
Wonderful gifts and goodies, too.

On your day I wish for you
Favorite people to embrace,
Loving smiles and caring looks
That earthly gifts cannot replace.

I wish you fine and simple pleasures.
I wish you many years of laughter.
I wish you all of life's best treasures.
I wish you happily ever after!

Happy Birthday KizzyyRae! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okapi / Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To / My Foolish Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.