Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:12 AM

Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable (14466 Views)

Femi Adesina: Nigeria Needs A Leader With Iron And Steel / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Would Have Been Dead And Gone If Buhari Wasn’t Elected / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Built On False Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by dgbanj: 5:55am On Jul 11, 2021
You guys can see real ratings from Nigerians on who they want to be the next president here https://9japoll.com
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Raph82(m): 6:00am On Jul 11, 2021
The diversity he's talking about doesn't work for Nigeria. List out 10 countries in the world that thrive well on their diversity? Go check out the facts, any nation made up of several tribes, tongues & religions like Nigeria will be found among the 3rd world countries. The likes of China, the USA, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Belgium, Italy, France etc were all able to go the extra mile because of one united language and tribe. The building of the Tower of Babel in the Bible was becoming realisable because of one language the whole world speak then. To stop them from achieving whatever they decide on, God had to scatter their language. The point is, the more the language & tribe, the more the headache for a country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by ITbomb(m): 6:08am On Jul 11, 2021
Oya come buy form na for 2023
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by INCREDIBLE007(m): 6:14am On Jul 11, 2021
well said
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by INCREDIBLE007(m): 6:16am On Jul 11, 2021
Raph82:
The diversity he's talking about has not been working for Nigeria. List out 10 countries in the world that thrive well on their diversity? Go check out the facts, any nation made up of several tribes and tongues & religions like Nigeria will be found among the 3rd world countries. The likes of China, the USA, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Belgium, Italy, France etc were all able to go the extra mile because of one united language and tribe.
one United language and tribe?

bros
there are more than one tribe in all the listed countries

they've put structures on ground that's working that's the koko

3 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by daxier: 6:24am On Jul 11, 2021
Monogamy:
What have you done about it as the president of ADB?

Good question! The AfDB President has, among other duties, the responsibility of lifting NIGERIA and its citizens out of poverty as well as empower them. He must be able to bypass the President and other Nigerian leaders to map out wealth creation and economic sustainability strategies for NIGERIA.

So yeah, you are right to ask him what he has done about his agitations with his office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Enyimbamercedes: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2021
What poverty situation?

Buhari and Yemi have lifted 100 m Nigerians out of poverty

You child of perdition! ipob PDP agent!!!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by EagleNest(m): 6:32am On Jul 11, 2021
He is warming up! Watch his actions closely.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Raph82(m): 6:33am On Jul 11, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

one United language and tribe?

bros
there is more than one tribe in all the listed countries

they've put structures on ground that's working that's the koko
Bros go check them out well, check out their profiles, the real sons and daughters of the soil are of a major tribe, other tribes come to join them in their land. The USA, for instance, is an English country, other tribes are migrants. Same for others.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by bareal(m): 6:39am On Jul 11, 2021
ARejjat:
Buhari is a big failure

Don't know why it's so difficult for Adeshina to say it in plain language that buhari has dragged us backwards. A big failure indeed!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by donestk(m): 6:39am On Jul 11, 2021
The north isn't complaining of poverty.

Throwback 2015:

While the foolish south voted a general to stamp out so called corruption and make the country eldorado, smart north voted out a Christian and southerner.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Pzpropertylimit(m): 6:40am On Jul 11, 2021
I love u sir but u should have used this courage to tell the whole world that Buhari has failed us more than the failure they know
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Soulsymbol99: 6:41am On Jul 11, 2021
Incoming presido come 2023 cool Argue wit ur ancestors grin
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by samwheel(m): 6:46am On Jul 11, 2021
benuejosh:
We have enough resources, our country is rich in that but you see the citizens... Buhari must come spoon feed them. No government in Nigeria has dashed its own citizens money the way this administration has done. A quarter of people here on NL have collected covid-19 loans in hundreds of thousands and other soft loans but what have they done with it to improve their lives? I heard of a guy who collected the money and went to buy TV, sound system, spent the money on what won't generate more income for him now the money is finished. The other guy declared drinks for his friends saying "I don hammer" and lots of other funny stories. The Buhari government has tried. Appreciate this man. Take advantage of the numerous opportunities and improve yourself and others.

For ur mind now, u spoke with sense. But u don't have brain @ all.
Pls what's d buying power of d peanut he gives as covid 19 fund.
Do u know beans is over #500 per derica, which was around #200 or less b4 he came.
Hyper inflation is @ it peak, and u are here talking of covid 19 funds. How many people even got d money out of all d billions donated to dem during covid 19.
U say buhari is generous, sinking d country and making it world's poverty capital is what generosity looks like to you. U northerners are really bigot
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Emperorlanky: 6:49am On Jul 11, 2021
benuejosh:
We have enough resources, our country is rich in that but you see the citizens... Buhari must come spoon feed them. No government in Nigeria has dashed its own citizens money the way this administration has done. A quarter of people here on NL have collected covid-19 loans in hundreds of thousands and other soft loans but what have they done with it to improve their lives? I heard of a guy who collected the money and went to buy TV, sound system, spent the money on what won't generate more income for him now the money is finished. The other guy declared drinks for his friends saying "I don hammer" and lots of other funny stories. The Buhari government has tried. Appreciate this man. Take advantage of the numerous opportunities and improve yourself and others.

And there's nobody monitoring these intervention programs? Cause I worked in an NGO some years back as a community volunteer, we strictly monitored those who benefited from cash transfer. After many years, some still call to thank me for lifting them from most vulnerable household status. I didn't give the cash transfer, just monitoring and guidance.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Trustedpronet: 7:05am On Jul 11, 2021
benuejosh:

Please give me the link so that I can benefit from buhari numerous opportunities. I promise to invest the money profitably.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by benuejosh: 7:08am On Jul 11, 2021
Tiwatopebabe:

Ko ni da fun e. Oloriibu
Na your family and your community were e no go good for them. Ti o ko ba ni nkankan lati sọ pa ẹnu rẹ mọ
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by ddeola: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2021
One Nigeria is for the fulanis, herdsmen, kidnappers and Aso rock while the other Nigeria is for others. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Truvelisback(m): 7:10am On Jul 11, 2021
38.5 is an understatement.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Gubularaska: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2021

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by chaloskyx: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2021
who are you talking to why dont you go and talk to your principal buhari when you see him its guys like you that would hail him saying hes doing well cause of one political favour
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by ChrisIntegral(m): 7:12am On Jul 11, 2021
He lamented that 38.5 percent of Nigerian youths are unemployed, “lacking skills, economic opportunities, discouraged, angry and restless,” adding, “they look at a future that does not give them hope.”

No joy atall
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by ashawopikin(m): 7:13am On Jul 11, 2021
ARejjat:
shocked WOW! Land a lucrative I.T Job in 2021. Grab this I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. 20% discount expires tomorrow.
|==============>WhatsApp Me if interested<==============|
Interested
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by lanre9ja(m): 7:15am On Jul 11, 2021
Am smiling something here
I hope it's not a compaign strategy.....
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by ARejjat: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2021
ashawopikin:
Interested
Pls WhatsApp me and let's talk better
By the way what's your location
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by CodeTemplar: 7:21am On Jul 11, 2021
While urging the government to prioritise investing in youth, he noted that “poverty is not just about money.”
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by nellychuks(m): 7:22am On Jul 11, 2021
He will do a great job as Nigeria president. I will vote him first, Peter Obi second.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by 10kgod(m): 7:25am On Jul 11, 2021
Tiwatopebabe:

Ko ni da fun e. Oloriibu

Oshey sis... wink
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by CodeTemplar: 7:30am On Jul 11, 2021
Emperorlanky:

And there's nobody monitoring these intervention programs? Cause I worked in an NGO some years back as a community volunteer, we strictly monitored those who benefited from cash transfer. After many years, some still call to thank me for lifting them from most vulnerable household status. I didn't give the cash transfer, just monitoring and guidance.
benuejosh:

While urging the government to prioritise investing in youth, he noted that “poverty is not just about money.”
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by illicit(m): 7:40am On Jul 11, 2021
Just say u want to be president, shikena
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by HellAnus: 7:44am On Jul 11, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
He stated, “I speak to you today as a Nigerian. As I have quite often said, I will live as a Nigerian, die as a Nigerian, and on the resurrection morning, I will ask God for permission to rise as a Nigerian, with the green-white-green flag in my hand!

That's language of elites those who enjoying Nigeria. Can someone who going to bed with empty stomach say this? Some dont even have a place to sleep .

This one can never speak or write good english

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video And Pictures From PDP Campaign Rally In Kankara LGA, Kastina State / Yekini Nabena Misrepresents Voice Of America Video On Corruption In Nigeria / Picture Of Keyamo's Petition To EFCC, ICPC Against Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.