Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,466 members, 7,861,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly (26789 Views)

Liz Cambage Denies Racially Insulting Nigerian Players During Pre-Olympic Match. / USA Defeats Nigeria 93-62 In Female Basketball Friendly / U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by HEAVEN4444: 9:13am On Jul 11, 2021
Humanoid01:
Finally! something positive from this country. A little breather from bad news.
grin
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Redman44(m): 9:14am On Jul 11, 2021
Congrats to Nigeria. Great victory over Team USA.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by naptu2: 9:17am On Jul 11, 2021
Gbese leg work celebration in the locker room.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NigeriaBasket/status/1414066220630822913
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by funmise007(m): 9:20am On Jul 11, 2021
So whats yur point now we shudnt celebrate dem for the courage and representing us well out there abeg oh,even thou naa friendly sef kudosto them bikonu
Carparts:
You mean America vs America because 95% of those Nigerian team are born or raised as Americans or live in America

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by InternalAuditor: 9:25am On Jul 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Franking: 9:28am On Jul 11, 2021
How many northerners were on that team?
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2021
Beautiful.

Nigerian government doesn't deserve Nigeria's diasporan achievements.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by fuckpro: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2021
Carparts:
You mean America vs America because 95% of those Nigerian team are born or raised as Americans or live in America

...so foreign footballers who ply their trade in Europe should be guilty of winning against their professional host nation

Abeg try reason well

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Carparts: 9:32am On Jul 11, 2021
funmise007:
So whats yur point now we shudnt celebrate dem for the courage and representing us well out there abeg oh,even thou naa friendly sef kudosto them bikonu
My point is we need to be using more of our foreign based talents for international competitions so we can be getting more excellent results like this on a regular basis. I didn't say they should not be celebrated. I'm happy they beat team USA with many NBA stars, that's a huge feat. I want it to be a regular thing, not once in a blood moon.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by fuckpro: 9:42am On Jul 11, 2021
Ishilove:

Conglomeration of very tall men

Na ur own go always dey different
Unprintable things holidaying in that mind
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Brian47(m): 9:46am On Jul 11, 2021
Woke up this morning and saw this on Facebook then I chacked the comments the Americans were pained I swear.
I hope the government would invest in basket ball and not only in football cos we get talent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by fuckpro: 9:47am On Jul 11, 2021
TolaniLuv:
Igbos team be making us proud since BC,

In sport , In movies, In music , Education and innovation.

The northerners taking glory for it sad sad

Who told they take glory their seething with jealousy as we 'speek'
Don't be surprise federal government will try frustrate this team
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by RighteousI: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2021
Nonsense, is this not how Nigeria usually beats the Brazilian, French and Argentinan football teams in friendlies? But let Nigeria try those teams in the world cup, dem go hammer Nigeria.
What you guys don't realize is that players step up their game in major competitions.

For example, a sprinter that runs 10.4 seconds in the hundred meters sprint at non major competitions will run 9.7 seconds at the olympics final.

This is not even the strongest USA basketball team. The American basketball association has stated that it doesn't want the USA basketball team to go to the olympics to trash teams like they trashed Nigeria at the olympics, so they are deliberately fielding a weaker team in friendlies in order to test if they should add more strong players or not.

Even the American basketball fans have stated that they should not send a strong team to the olympics because they will trash their opponents, only Spain will challenge them but they will still trash Spain.

Now that they have lost to Nigeria, the USA team now realizes that they need to include more strong players in order to win the Olympics.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Seun360(m): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2021
I told a friend that if Igbo leaves Nigeria, na em be say Naija no go dey qualify for AFCON be that.

cheesy cheesy grin shocked
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Trojan8(m): 9:54am On Jul 11, 2021
Carparts:
My point is we need to be using more of our foreign based talents for international competitions so we can be getting more excellent results like this on a regular basis. I didn't say they should not be celebrated. I'm happy they beat team USA with many NBA stars, that's a huge feat. I want it to be a regular thing, not once in a blood moon.

How would it become a regular thing if it does not happen for the first time? Na wa oh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Cousin9999: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2021
Be number 1 in basketball, but lose because you're number 356,543,357,774,223 in teamwork.

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by greypencils: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2021
RighteousI:
Nonsense, is this not how Nigeria usually beats the Brazilian, French and Argentinan football teams in friendlies? But let Nigeria try those teams in the world cup, dem go hammer Nigeria.
What you guys don't realize is that players step up their game in major competitions.

For example, a sprinter that runs 10.4 seconds in the hundred meters sprint at non major competitions will run 9.7 seconds at the olympics final.

This is not even the strongest USA basketball team. The American basketball association has stated that it doesn't want the USA basketball team to go to the olympics to trash teams like they trashed Nigeria at the olympics, so they are deliberately fielding a weaker team in friendlies in order to test if they should add more strong players or not.

Even the American basketball fans have stated that they should not send a strong team to the olympics because they will trash their opponents, only Spain will challenge them but they will still trash Spain.

Now that they have lost to Nigeria, the USA team now realizes that they need to include more strong players in order to win the Olympics.
And who are the players USA want to include? Kahwi? Harden? Jamal Murray? Anthony Davis? Kyrie Irving? They are all injured. Steph Curry won't play because he is preparing for a comeback with Klay Thompson next season. You should also know that Nigeria too is not fielding it's best. You can imagine a team that include Giannis, Bam and Oladipo, they will rule the world, they can only be second best to the best of the best of team USA, the likes of Curry and Lebron.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by fuckpro: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2021
RighteousI:

...and you are ...
oh I get it,palour NBA spoke person grin
guy you should be in stand up comedy
try something new like; bacteria has been found on Mars

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Cousin9999: 10:02am On Jul 11, 2021
I didn't watch the game because I don't care about basketball anymore, but I bet the new oyinbo-analytics style of play also costed them the game; mostly 3-point shots like a lame. It probably also doesn't help that the US has all these oyinbo and half-oyinbo players.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Redman44(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2021
RighteousI:

This Nigerian squad is very good. Do not take anything away from this victory, please. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by LikeAking: 10:18am On Jul 11, 2021
Beta thing full Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 11, 2021
Great100000:
Nice one lads, great victory from our guys as its not easy to beat this USA Basketball Team.

Nice one again Nigeria Basketball Team.
Lol USA team no complete and do not forget the game was truly between Nba players and no local. But all the same its a very nice one even if na friendly
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by TolaniLuv: 10:19am On Jul 11, 2021
fuckpro:

Who told they take glory their seething with jealousy as we 'speek'
Don't be surprise federal government will try frustrate this team

Seriously, I want to know what they really contribute to making Nigeria great.

The audacity is what baffles me a lot! They contribute absolutely little to putting that name on map.

Apart from giving us bad image like the bandit, kidnapping , terrorized us. Sharia law and backwardness
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by future001: 10:26am On Jul 11, 2021
saajus:
I appreciate our boys but it's a friendly game. I watched the extended highlight and discovered USA didn't play hard at all. I am also skeptical about 3-point dependent teams. It's not always repetitive cos there will be some games that it won't just drop. What next when they don't drop. I've not watched a lot D'Tigers games, so I don't know if they have something else to show if 3 points are not dropping

It seems you haven’t been following Nigerian games. Our problem has never been within the box, it’s always been have players that can play from the perimeter when it matters. Thats why we loose many games because we always struggle outside the perimeter. Feels good to know that we have players that can now contribute from the perimeter.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by SaintBeehot(m): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2021
somehow:

And those who came are rookies right?
You're not getting my point, I meant people like Bam Adebayo who turned down Nigeria's request.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by SaintBeehot(m): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2021
KosiGee:

Yeah yeah, they refused call up. Are you aware that US team played with a Nigerian mercenary Bam Adebayo?

Nigeria didn’t play with their best players cool
You're not getting my point, I meant people like Bam Adebayo who turned down Nigeria's request.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by SaintBeehot(m): 10:41am On Jul 11, 2021
Trojan8:

This is a lie. It was only two players that refused call ups and that was an injured LeBron and Curry that needed the summer to recover.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Trojan8(m): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2021
SaintBeehot:

This has been happening since the beginning of time, how's it suddenly relevant today?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by murphyibiam15(m): 10:43am On Jul 11, 2021
Carparts:
It matters. Because that's how Mexico beat Nigeria 4:0 last week due to they were using mostly home based Nigerian players. If they have used mainly our home based basketball players do you think they can beat team USA? These guys have the exposure and experience to beat America because they are Americans too playing in America. That's my point but you are interpreting it as another thing.
You also don't get the fact that most of the players who also played for the USA are Nigerians by origin. So that's my point too which you're misinterpreting
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by SaintBeehot(m): 10:45am On Jul 11, 2021
Trojan8:

This has been happening since the beginning of time, how's it suddenly relevant today?
You're right.
Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by somehow: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2021
SaintBeehot:

Oh..

Well it's not new.. We have hundreds of Nigerians turning down the country even within the country but we also have thousands ready to turn up for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly by Prenonjebose: 10:49am On Jul 11, 2021
Great result. D'Tigers victory is a positive development for Nigerian Basketball.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi On FIFA Best Player Shortlist / Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? / The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.