Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (9012 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 12:17pm On Jan 04, 2008
Mou delivered The EPL twice in 3 years a better record than Faggotson right? but his inability to win the UCL dented his achievement while in Chelsea.

The UCL is more important than the local trophies. How many Scuddeto has Milan won under Ancellotti? A coach that wins UCL is much more regarded than any

local laurel winning coach Thats why nobody regards Lyons coaches despite the loads of local titles but Ancellotti won UCL trophies and he is highly regarded

more than those Lyon coaches.

These are the definition of Jackal so find the one that fits you most

1. Any of several doglike mammals of the genus Canis of Africa and southern Asia that are mainly foragers feeding on plants, small animals, and occasionally carrion.

2. a. An accomplice or a lackey who aids in the commission of base or disreputable acts. b. One who performs menial tasks for another.

Excerpted from The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition Copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V., further reproduction and distribution restricted in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by akinalabi(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ dayokanu

If you ask any hard core Liverpool fan what he
wants. THREE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN A ROW
OR ONE PREMIERSHIP?

They will go for ONE PREMIERSHIP!

If you know any "real" Liverpool fan, ask him.

Liverpool fans can diss United fans over UCL
tiltles and why not? Fans diss other fans over
what they have more than the others.

QUEENS PARK RANGERS FANS still diss Man
Utd fans up till today. The last time they met,
QPR walloped United.

I met a couple of West Ham fans at Old Trafford
on the last day of last season. Despite the fact
that they managed only to escape relegation
and United became champions, they dissed United
all through and refused to accept them as
Champions because they did a double over them

Whatever the scousers chant don't matter.

I repeat, ask any Kop, what do you want?

The premiership or the champions league?

We all know the answer.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2008
@Akinalabi,
Unfortunately Big teams don't think that way ask Milan which one they want scudetto or UCL and hear the reply, Same with Real, Bayern and Pool. Only smaller clubs

who cant cut their teeth in Europe stick to local titles e.g Juventus, Inter, Man Utd. This is very true as I know a club that celebrate unbeaten runs, young players e.t.c grin grin grin
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by akinalabi(m): 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2008
dayokanu:

This is very true as I know a club that celebrate unbeaten runs, young players e.t.c grin grin grin

I like that one. grin
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by akinalabi(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2008
dayokanu:

@Akinalabi,
Unfortunately Big teams don't think that way ask Milan which one they want scudetto or UCL and hear the reply, Same with Real, Bayern and Pool. Only smaller clubs

who can't cut their teeth in Europe stick to local titles e.g Juventus, Inter, Man Utd. This is very true as I know a club that celebrate unbeaten runs, young players e.t.c grin grin grin

Are you sure you know Liverpool fans? I don't
mean viewing center/ DSTV generation.

If you know them, please ask them what they
want.

The answer is obvious.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2008
Naturally everyone wants what they don't have. So Mancs are more concerned about winning EPL than winning UCL? Well Ambitions differ from clubs to clubs while Milan,

Madrid amd Munich are bent on UCL scummites wait for EPL. Mourinho won EPL could not win UCL In Chelsea verdict : Was Sacked. Benitez won 1 UCL could not win EPL

Not yet sacked. This shows you which one has more weight.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by Jackal(m): 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

U are still a FOOL no matter how u disguise your inadequacies.
English clubs crave for the Premiership more than the UCL cos they get paid humungously winning the EPL than the UCL.
Benitez will be sacked if he fails to land the EPL this season . . . .
Winning the EPL is 50 million quid, Relegating in the EPL is worth 30 million, Winning the UCL is 27 million.
If u are not a pillock, u should know which one carries more weight, u sonofabitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by akinalabi(m): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2008
I'm finding it difficult to understand you.

Using your UCL analogy, Liverpool is a greater
club than Bayern.

Let me get that first.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by akinalabi(m): 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2008
Jackal:

English clubs crave for the Premiership more than the UCL because they get paid humungously winning the EPL than the UCL.
Benitez will be sacked if he fails to land the EPL this season . . . .
Winning the EPL is 50 million quid, Relegating in the EPL is worth 30 million, Winning the UCL is 27 million.

100% correct!
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2008
Sure Liverpool is a greater club than bayern Munich per UCL wins. I have never denied that.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by Jackal(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2008
dayokanu:

Sure Liverpool is a greater club than bayern Munich per UCL wins. I have never denied that.

Then u are A BIGGER FOOL than i thunk if u think Liverpool is better than Bayern Munich.
A club that has failed to win the league for the past 15 years CANNOT be better than Bayern that won it EIGHT TIMES in the same PERIOD!!!!!
Are u this dumb?
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2008
How many times have AC Milan won the league in the last 20 years compared to Juventus so tell me who is better?
Rabid Jackal.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by akinalabi(m): 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2008
dayokanu:

Don't add "per UCL wins".

Is Liverpool a greater club that Bayern?

You can't wriggle out of this!
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by Jackal(m): 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Dayo will not ANSWER that question . . . .
He is a beast.

@ Dayokanu,

U are a pillock.
In the last 15 years, Milan still won the Scudetto 5 times.
Matter of fact, they won it 3 times on the BOUNCE . . . . so how can u compare the same scenario with Liverpool?
The only time Liverpool came near the title was when they came 2nd in 2001/02 in the LAST 15 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are u this spastic?
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by lailai2(m): 2:29am On Jan 05, 2008
@dayokanu
i'm a barca fan, u sound like a cool guy, but u argue blindly sometimes, u should stop looking at things from one direction and fixing YOUR own criteria evrytime, i like bayern though, they were my team on all football-related games during the elber-effenberg-scholl-jancker days, they'll need to spend some more money if they are too catch up now, they are still surely an heavyweight in europe, what i like about bayern now is that they are one of the new clubs where former world-class players who have acheived everything possible(beckenbauer, rummenige, hoeness) are the ones running the club, thats really nice, i think i'll prefer mourinho for you guys

@jackal
i know how u feel about dayokanu but try not to get too frustrated, its just an argument, its what football is about

@akinalabi
nice points,
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2008
@Akinalabi,
The best way to compare clubs across borders is to use continental trophies I can't expect Liverpool or man Utd to win Scudetto, La Liga or bundesliga more than Milan, Juve, Barca, or Munich and vice versa. SO UCL trophies is the best way I think you can compare them. So you understand why I use UCL trophies to rate Liverpool ahead of bayern?

For clarity Liverpool is a better club than Bayern. We were better than them till that fateful night in Istanbul

I dont rate clubs with their local titles otherwise Celtic and Juventus would be the best in Europe.

I judge clubs and coaches on a level playing ground I can't judge Scolari with club accolades cos he does not have and I can't judge Mourinho with national team accolades cos he doesnt have So judge a club coach separate from a national team coach. Onigbinde has been to the world cup before and bENITEZ NEVER so who is better? No basis for judgment by my own standards

@lai-lai,
I kind of like Barca too because of my dislike for real (albeit with a lot of respect 9 UCL no be joke)

A lot of people would come here saying a lot of nonsense rating a club/ manager based on Carling cup, local league, young players, unbeaten run e.t.c rather than using the right criteria which is the greatest club trophy - UCL

Mourinho would bring too much media attention to Bayern we already have our own share of the attention already remember FC Hollywood tag.

bayern is coming back with a bang!! They have the French footballer of the year in their midst, The best german players- Klose and Lahm, Italian number 9 who broke Serie A scoring record 2 years ago and a lot to come. so try to win the UCL this sason because next season's UCL trophy is already taken
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by akinalabi(m): 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2008
dayokanu:

For clarity Liverpool is a better club than Bayern. We were better than them till that fateful night in Istanbul

I rest my case.

At least for now.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 6:29am On Jan 07, 2008
@akinalabi,
The logic behind using the UCL as the only credible yardstick can not be faulted cos that is the only competition all top clubs in Europe get to play in to determine the Best team/club in the continent. So number of Intercontinental cup, super cup, Local leagues, FA cups are very inconsequential when determining the best club and coach in the continent.

ONLY the UCL counts check the various coaches of the year award, The UCL winners are most of the time more regarded
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by tkb417(m): 6:59am On Jan 07, 2008
Shit talk
SAF has won more laurels than Shizfield. I dont want any shitty classifications of trophies here tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2008
That mean a coach that wins 5 carling cup is bigger than one that wins 2 league since you dont want any categorisation of cups
5 carling cup is better the 2 UCL? Just confirm if thats what you mean.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by tkb417(m): 7:36am On Jan 07, 2008
SAF has won in europe more than Shitzfield. . .exactly my points
u gerrit?
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 7:59am On Jan 07, 2008
Fergie has won more Winners cup than Hitzfeld 2-0. How do you expect Hitzfeld to win winners cup when he did not coach a winners cup side?
Has fergie played UEFA cup before? I doubt. while Hitzfeld is competing in the UEFA cup now. So how can I judge them based on UEFA cup?

The only tournament they both play together is UCL and that is the most logical and valid basis of judgment
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by ritchboy(m): 8:20am On Jan 07, 2008
Dayo
using ur daft logic we cant say who d beta coach is between christian chukwu and SAF because theyve never competed in the same tournament.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by ritchboy(m): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2008
Perhaps we cant tel who the beta team is between barcelona and gabros because theyve neva played each other. . . . And if they do play each other and gabros win then theyre a better team than barcelona.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by tkb417(m): 8:39am On Jan 07, 2008
using your daft logic we can't say who d beta coach is between christian chukwu and SAF because theyve never competed in the same tournament
[quote][/quote]
grin grin grin grin grin grin

@Dayokanu
i leave you in the hands of Ritchboi grin grin grin.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 8:46am On Jan 07, 2008
@ Ritchboy,
Trying so hard to be stupid wont work. What has Christian Chukwu won in his coaching career. Rather check who is better Carlos Bianchi and SAF playing in South America and Europe respectively. And have won things in their careers.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by ritchboy(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2008
Dayo
ur IQ is at par wid dat of my toe-nails.OK, so we cant tel whos beta btw SAF and Carlos Bianchi cos theyve neva competed in d same competition?
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2008
What has Gabros won and what has Barcelona won? compare the two cabinets in their different leagues and continents and ask someone to reason for you since you cant do it on your own

SO who is better SAF or Bianchi, who is better Boca juniors or Manchester United.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 9:22am On Jan 07, 2008
Ferguson or Scolari, Wener or Aime Jacqui, benitez or Pereira,

Look, I'm from the streets where the
hood could swallow a man, bullets'll follow a man so watch your mouth/back
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by ritchboy(m): 9:22am On Jan 07, 2008
Tkb
erm,it seems u know dayo beta than i do.So i'll hav to ask u if h
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by ritchboy(m): 9:25am On Jan 07, 2008
Tkb
erm,it seems u know dayo beta than i do.So i'll hav to ask u if hes mentally sound b4 i
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by ritchboy(m): 9:26am On Jan 07, 2008
Tkb
erm,it seems u know dayo beta than i do.So i'll hav to ask u if hes mentally sound b4 i resume talking to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1 / Zamalek Vs Enyimba :CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15th August 2016 / NFF In Disarray Over Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.