Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,806 members, 7,851,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising (908 Views)

Rep: N-delta Issues Still Burning / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / Why Will You Vote For People With No Clue About The Niger Delta Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising by makeway: 1:31am On Jul 17, 2007
i have read several posts and articles about other topics, ranging from jobs to politics and et al, but nothing cuaght me reading for so long and even prompted me to reply, than the posts pictures and replies on this burning issue of the niger delta.

infact, i feel that those who have posted favourably in support of the action of the militants are true patriots of this region like my humble self, while those who have opposed it are just being selfish and dumb and really need a trip around the impoverished areas like we have, rather than express their shit views, mainly from their knowledge of only the cities like lagos and abuja, to mention but afew, where the wealth of these impoverished areas have helped build.

although, i feel a churn in my stomach, as i recently read of the dimension of child kidnapping which criminal elements have turned the struggle into (there by giving it a bad name, even from adherent supporters like myself) i only hope that the recent peace moves spear-headed by the federal goverment, the peace committes and all well meaning nigerians and groups will make our troops (our boys out there in the creeks) to cease fire a little bit (but cautiously though, considering the deceptive nature of the nigerian state) and let's see what their intentions truly are, towards developing our land.

if only the likes of asari, gbomo jom and GOC Governemt can have access to the internet and see my views, i urge them to keep on the struggle, as indeed we are proud of them, whilst admonishing them to set up a task force to flush out the criminal elements amongst their midst, that are presently painitng the struggle in bad light.

kudos my bros them, egbesu will continually de on guard for una as una de roll out to chase those crazy baldheads out of the land, korofo go also de clear the road for una and una go dey comot as army de come or una go just de come as army de go, last last un go kpuff any traitor when try to double cross the struggle.
Re: Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising by dblock(m): 7:44am On Jul 19, 2007
The Niger Delta crisis isn't as bad as it is made out to be.

People make it look like the most unsafe place in Africa, when in Johannesburg in South Africa, there's an average of 50 Murders, 148 rape cases and 700 violent assaults reported daily.

Lagos is not even that bad.

Those statistics are from a Travel warning, that was recently issued to Kenyan Citizens.

http://www.bdafrica.com/index.php?op, 00&Itemid=5822
Re: Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising by zaksman(m): 8:59am On Jul 19, 2007
what the Niger Delta pple are doing should'nt b a supprise to thg Nijas.
These are pple wth thier brains filled up wth gas.Their gas brains
makes their actions justifiable.
Re: Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising by Sijien(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2007
not all naija delta people
Re: Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising by dblock(m): 5:14am On Jul 21, 2007
The Militants are the people with gases in their brains.
Re: Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising by danalyst(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2007
am not a niger deltan but i had my nysc in one of the states in the region. i could tell first hand the plight of these people and share in their grief. their adopted method of kidnap is one of the best method they could use to draw the attention of the world to the region, just the same way the middle east people adopted self bombing to achieve the same purpose.

however the recent trend and available evidence as shown that some of these so called militants are insincere with the struggle, they kidnap to request for ransom what a crime against humanity. worse still is the kidnap of young innocent children. i believe that the time is ripe for them to down thier weapons till the time the liberty of their people will be paramount in thier heart again just like in 1995- during the ken saro wiwa era
Re: Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising by Bankole01(m): 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2007
They should have delt with their greedy leaders first.
Their land is despoiled because a lot of the leaders colluded with multi-national oil companies to neglect them. The leaders received millions of leaders from the oil companies without doing what they promised.
Nigeria paid billions into the accounts of entities like OMPADEC, NDDC etc, which were supposed to help develop the area. The money however found the way into froeigns accounts of their leaders!

These people should have been brought to book!
Re: Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising by Mandora(f): 10:18am On Jul 23, 2007
I think d person 2 blame 4 d escalation of d problem is Asari Dokubo. As far as I am cocerned he took up somrthing he didn't expect wld go out of propotion d way dis crisis has done. He started out wit good intentions trying 2 give Niger Deltans a voice but idle miscreants have taken over n now I dont think even he can control wat is goin on there. Dis was how d Biafran crisis started out n in d long run Igbos suffred more than everyone else in d crisis. My point is dis; u dont invite d devil 2 lunch, he never comes empty handed. All supposed revolutionary groups can b safely abolished violence is never d solution 2 a crisis
Re: Niger-delta Issues & Matters Arising by babaife(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2007
yes violence is may not be an end to a problem, it could go a long way to force dialogue and resolution. it is believed in international politics that war creates peace. without war or violence no one might think of engaging you in a round table talk. dont you know. however, i think the guys in the niger delta should down their weapons cos they lost their purpose and mission. they are now MISCREANTS AND PLUNDERES, IF NOT MURDERERS

(1) (Reply)

Political Men Of God! Igbo Pastor Challenges Yoruba Pastor On Yaradua. Lol / eny / Should We Be Preparing For President Jonathan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.