Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,986 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State (22841 Views)

Minimum Wage: Cut Your Salaries To Pay Us - Civil Servants To Governors / *Wike Task Edo Women, You Must Wear Your Trousers, No Skirts On Election Day / Fayose Recruits 2000 Ekiti Teachers, Civil Servants As Fayemi Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Sunnybay7: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
Uniform
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by ntyce(m): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by money121(m): 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Poleski: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
Is that the most pressing need? Incompetent Nigerian "leaders"!
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
Must!

Hope they will give them Adire allowance?

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by nautybride: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
[size=8pt][/size] This is serious o. Culture things ko?
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
thundafire:
Useless government,I know God didn't do mistake creating a black man. Blacks are absolutely useless in leadership imagine stone age idea
I swear, very useless
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by nautybride: 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
raury46:

Very strong jo..way 30,000.mah and 40,000.mah power.bank available for your Android, iphones, tablets and type C port laptops.

Charges your phone up to 10times + and other devices simultaneously.

Same day delivery (Lagos )
Calls / Whatsapp - 0.8.1.1.9.7.5.6.1.4.4

Screenshot when you see this...

No price? What if it's outside Lag?

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Realtalk20: 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
Simplyleo:
Really?

Is alright.

Talkative 8s on 48 comments

A man sat down today to type 48 comments son nairaland o grin

Tomorrow when his mates are more successful he will be saying they are doing yahoo grin
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by GeneralPula: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Very good..
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Ishilove: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2021
Public and civil servants in Osun State have been mandated to wear Adire (a distinctive local fabric) uniform to work every Thursday to promote Nigerian fashion and culture.

The spokesperson to the governor, Ismail Omipidan, said that the governor’s directive would take effect from August 27.

The governor maintained the initiative was part of efforts to preserve and promote the production of Adire Osun as well as bolster the image of Osun as a culturally correct and indigenous product inclined state.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by redsun(m): 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2021
It will create a buoyant economy for local tailors, designers and fabric dealers. As well as create some intermittent momentary awareness of who they actually are.

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Tonytonex(m): 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2021
oluseyiforjesus:
I'm not against it, but that clause "Must" is my concern, must ko most niiiii

Which one should I watch now
Nigeria Idol final or Euro 2021 final
Like for Nigeria Idol
Share for Euro 2021.
watch Euro please. Except you are not a football fan. I also watched Nigeria Idol. But since my friend got evicted I no watch again. But Kingdom will win. And England will win Euro 2020.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by SaintBeehot(m): 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Really?
This news and many more tyrannical proclamation by our present leaders always confirms my calling them clueless and incompetent!
Rather than give this kind of archaic distasteful declaration Osun state clueless leadership could have created an incentive propelled process to encourage her civil servants accept the IDEA of Adire outfits to work.
What is really wrong with these leaderslooters that just wake up with very inhumane policies? SMH....

We need young visionary leaders abeg.

@Seniorwriter
He said the International Fashion Week and the launch of Adire Osun were no doubt giant strides towards diversifying the state’s economy and creating jobs for the teeming youths.
In his remarks, the Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Adebisi Obawale, said the initiative was aimed at unlocking the untapped potential in the areas of culture, fashion and tourism.
try to read and understand.
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by SaintBeehot(m): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
Poleski:
Is that the most pressing need? Incompetent Nigerian "leaders"!

He said the International Fashion Week and the launch of Adire Osun were no doubt giant strides towards diversifying the state’s economy and creating jobs for the teeming youths.
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by ZooOga: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ppl in the thread complaining but may have skipped over this very important sentence.

"He said the International Fashion Week and the launch of Adire Osun were no doubt giant strides towards diversifying the state’s economy and creating jobs for the teeming youths."

And don't forget Nigeria Diaspora sends billions of dollars, pounds, euros back home each and every year and would be proud to support this initiative and wear this homemade cloth wherever they reside on the planet.
May we all live long enough to see Naija enjoy and profit from an robust export market.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by alexola20(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
The fabrics use for the tie and dye is not even made in Nigeria.
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by plantist: 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
sad

Ewo ni color color bayii, laiṣe elegun.
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by HEAVEN4444: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2021
plantist:

Ewo ni color color bayii, laiṣe elegun.
grin
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by KennethEnyi(m): 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
What kind of worthless backward thinking is this one how would wearing adire help the workforce or boost productivity Nigeria and it’s useless and unnessecary laws mtchewew
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by ZooOga: 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
alexola20:
The fabrics use for the tie and dye is not even made in Nigeria.

Takes time to ramp up production after decades of political looters sending the national cake to help support other countries.

Did we all not enjoy breast milk before solid food, and crawl before we walked, ran, and played football? wink
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by AloneTK: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
Misplaced priority if it’s truly mandatory.
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Originalsly: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
markkuss:

Rubbish..

Some people will call this one innovation

Kindly rate my guys music

I think it's a good thing to encourage people to wear local .... not only about local pride but will open the door for lots of business opportunities, creativity and jobs.

On your guys music .... that's the best I heard here on NL period. Love the beat ... love the lyrics even more .... the kind of lyrics we need in these times of oppression and suffocation. Most can relate ... good opportunity for him to blow.
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Sheriman(m): 7:23pm On Jul 11, 2021
Who are the civil servant in Osun State?? Teachers in Public schools and workers at various poor looking LGs
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by computer0810(m): 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2021
Very good, I hope dis can be same with lagos as it will encourage local production of adire, the sch experience will be duly utilized

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by RichAbujaGuy: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
Lolz, many are showing their low caste/village mentality in this thread.

If you get visa to go work in a western/oyinbo country u no go cry about dem dress code. you go do what romans do with no mouth. cheesy

Even here at home a certain dress code is in order.

Meet The 10 Men Aliko Dangote Can’t Do Without
https://www.naijaolofofo.com/meet-the-10-men-aliko-dangote-cant-do-without/
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by harmony75: 7:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
Good � idea to promote our culture I make beautiful adire tie and dye ❤

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by Mummyfour(f): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2021
redsun:
It will create a buoyant economy for local tailors, designers and fabric dealers. As well as create some intermittent momentary awareness of who they actually are.
But it will make it too expensive to afford, knowing the Nigerian factor.
I have a problem with the word "must" though.
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by NwaliE01: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
Are they paid Adire allowance?

Common 30K them never balance na to force a certain attire join.
Re: Civil Servants Must Wear Adire In Osun State by zoedew: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
A very big Correctional Osun State must be! It looks like when Orange is black!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diaspora APC Secures Airlines' Discounts To Returnee Nigerian Voters / Suicide Bomber Who Hid IEDs In Stabilizer At Sabon Gari Jidari Arrested / 2019: 30 Political Parties Move To Field 1 Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.