Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez (8173 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Olympics Basketball (79 - 93) On 4th August 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by kaybanwo: 10:40am On May 11, 2011
Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia plays down Messi, Tevez

The coach disclosed that the match has drawn the attention of the entire African continent and every football follower in the world would want to see how Nigeria will battle the football super power stressing that both countries can’t afford not to player their best players.

“Messi and Tevez are not the most important players in Argentina so we are not complacent about their rumoured absence,” Siasia said. “Argentina will never raise a sub-standard team against Nigeria because they too want to maintain their record of unbeaten runs.
We are focused and will give the match all it takes. Argentina is one of the world’s most successful football nations. Any team they field will be of world class quality because the depth of talent available to them is second to none.

”No matter who comes, we can be absolutely sure that they will be among the very best in the world and we would underestimate them at our peril. As such, we will be well prepared to field our very best team. It will be a match for the history books and we will show what we are made of.
Argentina have not lost a match in recent time and that is an indication that we have to prepare well for the match.

They are a strong side and we can’t afford to let our fans down. I can understand that Messi will play in the UEFA Champions League on May 28 while Tevez has been out for a couple of weeks due to injury and Batista will not want to risk using them. After the WAFU Cup, our efforts will be geared towards good preparations to at least revenge all the past defeat from Argentina.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/nigeria-vs-argentina-siasia-plays-down-messi-tevez/
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by honeric01(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2011
If Messi and Tevez are not the most important players in Argentina, who then are the most important players? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by montelik(m): 3:18pm On May 11, 2011
Mascherano, Maxi Rodriguez, Higuan, Pastore e.t.c. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by seunlayi(m): 9:48am On May 12, 2011
if it is win or loose or I want his Nigeria playing good football
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by HamidO1(m): 12:51pm On May 12, 2011
I hope we'll see an improvement in the way team plays. I believe in Siasia and I hope he impacts positively on the team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Mannylex(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2011
We're playing against Argentina and not Messi and Tevez. Messi doesn't really create any much impact when playing in the national team, he couldn't even get a single goal for them at the world cup. His impact won't be felt in anyway. They still have lots of good players. My fear is just that i hope there won't be any dejavu, with our historical 1-0 loss to them. In all it would be a game to watch. Can't wait.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by emekaD3(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2011
wasnt expecting messi to come,,

I predict a win,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 12, 2011
Make naija beat dem, maybe it would increase our rating in africa, Hopefully we become the 10th in africa,  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Cadaver(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2011
Messi or not, dem go still rape our super chickens! mark my words, at least, 3-0.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Dsense(m): 6:02pm On May 12, 2011
I'm 100% sure that Siasia Is so excited that the duo re not going to feature in the match . . . .  .I no blame am grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by 190: 6:05pm On May 12, 2011
Cadaver:

Messi or not, dem go still violation our super chickens! mark my words, at least, 3-0.

10th in AFRIKA!!

WHAT THE HECK!! shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 12, 2011
messi is messiless at barca but rather mess-mess with Argentina,has ailed to deliver on numerous occasions and last wc was an evident of that
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 12, 2011
Cadaver:

Messi or not, dem go still violation our super chickens! mark my words, at least, 3-0.
well based on where u dey,una no dey watch ball fopr there so no need
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by vislabraye(m): 8:28pm On May 12, 2011
If Messi doesnt play, it will take all lot of excitement from the game. He is the world footballer of the year. Any way, We must handle them well. .
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by collinsJn(m): 8:55pm On May 12, 2011
I Tot As Much,dat MERCY Is Not Going 2 Feature In dat Match becos Of Match 28th, cos Dat Guy Is Afraid Of d Lyks Of Shittu and d Rest Of Dose Heavy Weight Lifters We 've Called Defenders.
I Still Nid a Miracle b4 I 'll Start Watching dat National Team Again,Cos dose Guys 're full Of ,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by berepiki(m): 10:01pm On May 12, 2011
evn if itx a disabled argentinian side, dir national jersey alone wil intimidate us. We can't beat dem nw nt in dis century. D eagles can not fly, dn't evn think of a draw b'cos we'l b disgraced com june 1. I won't watch d match anyways
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by popoyeh(m): 10:17pm On May 12, 2011
berepiki:

evn if itx a disabled argentinian side, dir national jersey alone wil intimidate us. We can't beat dem nw nt in dis century. D eagles can not fly, dn't evn think of a draw b'cos we'l b disgraced com june 1. I won't watch d match anyways

Thank you for not watching, it will do the team a lot of good to have one pessimist less watching them and thinking negative thoughts.

Up Naija anyday,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by chelseabmw(m): 10:21pm On May 12, 2011
Ijogz K:

Make naija beat dem, maybe it would increase our rating in africa, Hopefully we become the 10th in africa,  grin

brs we r currently ranked fourth in africa
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by infofta(m): 10:40pm On May 12, 2011
Maybe we can have a draw if the Ayegbenis' are not playing, cos Argentina are definately going to score.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Limaoscar: 11:08pm On May 12, 2011
We might see a much better Super Eagles. Hey, it's a friendly but our pride is at stake so is that of the Argentines.

Let's pray though that it does not degenerate into a war of bad tackles and flared tempers. The Argentines are masters of their own antics and if they score a goal or two they might set us up for a very bad game with lots of infringements against the Nigerian National side.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by BabaO2: 12:22am On May 13, 2011
@honeric01
If Messi and Tevez are not the most important players in Argentina, who then are the most important players? Undecided
Tevez is NOT one of the most important players of Argentina

Higuain, Milito and Tevez in that order.
Pls be sure of what you are saying before exposing your foolishness
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by virus2010(m): 12:33am On May 13, 2011
story story, storrrry
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by efhem: 5:41am On May 13, 2011
The last super eagles match i watched,i ws sleeping in 4rnt of my tv cos of boringness, op i wnt snore dis time.d match wil end 5-1,but i dnt knw who's going 2 win
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Gbenge77(m): 5:57am On May 13, 2011
Its gonna be a crunch match.The stakes are very high.National pride is on the line here
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by berepiki(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2011
Thank you for not watching, it will do the team a lot of good to have one pessimist less watching them and thinking negative thoughts.

Up Naija anyday,
[quote][/quote] believe in a lazy nd incompetent team and get heart problem. Argentina wil annihilate us com june1. Av u 4goten wat brazil did 2 us? Optimist my foot
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by semid4lyfe(m): 9:16am On May 13, 2011
I couldn't be bothered if Argentina fields only home-based players from River Plate, Independiente, Boca Juniors & other Argentine clubsides or relatively unknown/2nd string Europe based players cos Argentina na Argentina.

They've got a football culture and any eleven players fielded against us would be quality opposition and give us a run for our money. There's even a high probability a 2nd string Argentine side would beat the best team we could field.

I'm more concerned with the Super Eagles utilizing the FIFA friendly days and playing friendlies (along with the rest of the world) as we've been doing since SiaOne took the reigns cos we're rebuilding and it'd help in the blending of players + improve the team cohesion.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Iyineda(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2011
Unfortunately, it will not be only Messi and Tevez that will be missing. Check out this BBC article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13365512.stm

Extract:
The Super Eagles will use the match as a warm-up for their Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Ethiopia on the weekend of 4-5 June.

Argentina, who won the World Cup in 1978 and 1986, take on Nigeria before facing Poland in Warsaw four days later.

Argentina squad:

Goalkeepers: Oscar Ustari (Getafe), Agustin Marchesin (Lanús).

Defenders: Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal), Nicolas Otamendi (Porto), Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Marcos Angeleri (Sunderland), Federico Fazio (Sevilla), Emiliano Insúa (Fenerbahce).

Midfielders: Tino Costa (Valencia), Nicolas Bertolo (Zaragoza), Mario Bolatti (Internacional), Fernando Belluschi (Porto), Alejandro Cabral (Legia Warsaw), Diego Perotti (Sevilla), Mauro Formica (Blackburn).

Forwards: Pablo Piatti (Almería), Marco Ruben (Villarreal), Jonathan Cristaldo (Metallist), Nicolas Gaitán (Benfica), Mauro Boselli (Genoa), Franco Jara (Benfica).
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by StUwem: 9:41am On May 13, 2011
(1) It is either Messi is too big to play for Argentina against Nigeria, (2) Argentina is too Big to loss to Nigeria.

or both.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by semid4lyfe(m): 9:42am On May 13, 2011
Iyineda:
nfortunately, it will not be only Messi and Tevez that will be missing. Check out this BBC article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13365512.stm

Extract:
The Super Eagles will use the match as a warm-up for their Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Ethiopia on the weekend of 4-5 June.

Argentina, who won the World Cup in 1978 and 1986, take on Nigeria before facing Poland in Warsaw four days later.

Argentina squad:

Goalkeepers: Oscar Ustari (Getafe), Agustin Marchesin (Lanús).

Defenders: Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal), Nicolas Otamendi (Porto), Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Marcos Angeleri (Sunderland), Federico Fazio (Sevilla), Emiliano Insúa (Fenerbahce).

Midfielders: Tino Costa (Valencia), Nicolas Bertolo (Zaragoza), Mario Bolatti (Internacional), Fernando Belluschi (Porto), Alejandro Cabral (Legia Warsaw), Diego Perotti (Sevilla), Mauro Formica (Blackburn).

Forwards: Pablo Piatti (Almería), Marco Ruben (Villarreal), Jonathan Cristaldo (Metallist), Nicolas Gaitán (Benfica), Mauro Boselli (Genoa), Franco Jara (Benfica).

But the Argentine FA has since debunked this list. According to them, the team list will only be announced 10 days to the match.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30540:argentina-vs-nigeria-argentina-deny-messis-absence&catid=19:sports-news&Itemid=146
The Argentine Football Association (AFA) have distanced itself from rumours that world’s best and Barcelona talisman, Lionel Messi will not be available for the June 1 highly rated international friendly against the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

The FA denied releasing any team list for the June 1 international clash which had Lionel Messi, Carlos Tevez, Di Maria, Gonzalo Higuain and Diego Milito excluded. Reacting to the purported team list, AFA representative, Hernan Tofoni said that his association is yet to make public the list of players for the match.

Hernan said that AFA accepted invitation to be part of the Guinness the Match based on the respect they have for Nigeria and the match is important to their build-up for the COPA America Cup. “Nigeria and Argentina are two great football nations with great people who have great passion for the games. We can’t afford to be complacent because we have beaten Nigeria three times in the past. The Eagles are a great team and they are playing at home. Argentina is number five in the world right now so we have to play with our best players. They will be supported by the massive crowd and we don’t want to let our fans down. This is an opportunity for us to continue our dominance over Nigeria.”

Organisers of the epic match have also reacted saying that both team lists would be made public 10 days to the match.

Meanwhile, Super Eagles Head Coach, Samson Siasia has said he would not be deceived by the fake Argentina team list that purportedly omitted the World Player of the Year, Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez. He stressed that both countries can’t afford not to play their best players. “Messi and Tevez are not the most important players in Argentina so we are not complacent about their rumored absence. Argentina will never raise a substandard team against Nigeria because they too want to maintain their record of the unbeaten runs. We are focused and will give the match all it takes. Argentina is one of the world’s most successful football nations. Any team they field will be of world class quality because the depth of talent available to them is second to none. Whether they are the more well known international players or the phenomenal rising stars coming through, Argentina are amongst the best in the world.”
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez by Iyineda(m): 11:40am On May 13, 2011
^

Thank you for clarifying that. I'm sort of relieved. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sharks FC Vs Sunshine Stars (0 - 0) On 7th March 2015 / DR Congo Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (4 - 2) On Pens on 7th Feb 2015 / Everton: "Henry Onyekuru Still In Our Plans"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.