Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,934 members, 7,838,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 (486 Views)

Rivers PDP Faults EU Report: Election Went Well, Wike Allowed Level Playing Grou / Defections: PDP May Become An Empty Shell Before 2023 Elections – Femi Adesina / 2019: PDP Faults Kwankwaso, Reveals How Presidential Candidate Will Emerge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 by bolaayenimo: 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has faulted Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity over his statement that the party may become empty before the 2023 general elections.

In his weekly article titled ‘Speaking To PDP In The Language It Understands,’ Adesina said with the current defections from the PDP to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), the ruling party will continually grow stronger in the days ahead while the opposition will be continually weaker.

However, speaking in a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Kola Ologbondiyan, the PDP’s National Publicity Secretary said it is laughable for Adesina to say PDP will become empty just because three governors left its fold for APC.

“In the first place, I know quite well that Femi Adesina understands the meaning of the word ‘gale’. So, I think he is using that word to achieve a particular purpose. By saying gale of defection, you are suggesting that everybody has left the PDP, which is untrue”.

“The foundation of his commentary is very wrong. Having said that it is completely wrong for him to say that three governors left the party, then the PDP will not exist before 2023. It is totally wrong for him to say that and I think he should respond to the situation they have put the nation into, mass hunger, insecurity and economic woes”.

“APC is a party that claimed to be fighting corruption but cannot prosecute its members who are found to be corrupt. Right now, they don’t know how to go to the public space in 2023 to campaign. So, they are working hard to destroy the hope of Nigerians, which is the PDP”.
https://independent.ng/defections-pdp-faults-femi-adesina-says-we-are-the-hope-of-nigerians-in-2023/

Re: Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 by Iyiataata92: 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
Even though I don't believe that PDP is the Messiah Nigerians need in 2023, I still hold it that Femi Adesina was very naive to make that statement.
First, using a phrase that was widely condemned by Nigerians when Buhari used it - language that they understand and also gloating on the prospect of the nation being a one party state, even though party is miserably underperforming.
Being a journalist and former critic of evil governance, Femi got it all wrong.
Re: Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 by Dmavin: 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
Shame has gone on a long vacation in this country
Re: Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 by joyairemiya: 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2021
why can't Nigerian intellectuals come together and form a strong third party
Re: Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 by LibertyRep: 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
It appears the intent of the ruling party is to decimate the opposition while making case for a one party state.
Re: Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 by Iyiataata92: 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
joyairemiya:
why can't Nigerian intellectuals come together and form a strong third party
The same way they came together and formed APC. And where did that APC lead us today?

........into a pit
Re: Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 by Ogamysamo: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
i wonder why nobody is anybody in nigerian politics.

everybody just want to be somebody

i wonder y people always want to remain in the ruling party, if pdp happens to have d upper hand in 2023 all this people will b back and apc will be as empty as pdp seems to be now.

this make up one of the reason why many people can not go further than primary election; because they don't want to suffer, greedy people who only show in times of enjoyment and go when its time to fight again. what a political life
Re: Defections: PDP Faults Femi Adesina, Says We Are The Hope Of Nigerians In 2023 by Iyiataata92: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
LibertyRep:
It appears the intent of the ruling party is to decimate the opposition while making case for a one party state.
Same way APC is bent on decimating the opposition, that is same way the Fulani is bent on decimating other tribes in Nigeria. And same way the government is bent on decimating the populace.
And to cap it all, Bihari is the head of all these groups.
If PDP like, they can allow APC have their way, but me as an Igbo won't allow the Fulanis to have their way

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Gets Global Appointment / The Cruel And Savage Genocide Of The Buhari-osinbajo Regime Must Be Stopped! / In Defense Of Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.