Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,902 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

NSCDC Nab 2 Suspects With Adulterated Kerosene In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSCDC Nab 2 Suspects With Adulterated Kerosene In Anambra (322 Views)

Ugwuanyi Visits Hospitalised Survivors Of Adulterated Kerosene Explosion / Soldiers Arrest 5 Fulani Suspects With Vehicle Load Of Rifles In Abuja / Iyke Aaron Supervised The Sharing Of Kerosene In Abia State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSCDC Nab 2 Suspects With Adulterated Kerosene In Anambra by milann: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2021
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has arrested two persons conveying suspected adulterated Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK) concealed in bags at two different locations in Anambra.

Mr Vincent Ogu, the newly deployed NSCDC Commandant in Anambra disclosed this while parading the suspects at the command’s headquarters on Tuesday in Awka.

Ogu said that the suspects; Kalu Chukwuebuka and Solomon Ogbonna were arrested at about 7.30 pm in Ihiala area of the state on June 30, 2021.

According to him, the duo was conveying 3,000 litres of substance suspected to be fake DPK in a white Nissan Caravan bus with registration number; Anambra, AWK419YD.

The NSCDC official also said that his men equally intercepted another white Ford bus with registration number Lagos EKY 827YD and inscription: Christ-Like Family Movement (CFM)
about 6 pm on June 6, 2021, conveying yet to be ascertained
quantity of adulterated DPK.

He said that the occupants of the second bus on sighting the men of the Anti Vandalism Squad of the corps at Okija, abandoned their vehicle and ran into the bush.

Ogu said that the arrested suspects still undergoing interrogation would be arraigned in court as soon as the
investigation was concluded.

The NSCDC official hinted that the command is currently training the Female Squad and Special Squad inline with the directive of the Commandant General of the Corps, Mr
Abubakar Audi.

He explained that after the training, the Female Squad would be deployed to beef up security in schools across the state, while the Special Squad would ensure rapid security response across the state.

Ogu assured the people of the area of more robust security services and advised criminal elements to relocate from Anambra.

Kalu Chukwuebuka, one of the suspects told journalists that he loaded the DPK from Irete Community in Owerri West Area of Imo and was heading to Onitsha before his arrest.

“That movement was my first time conveying such items and I never knew it was unlawful to carry diesel in bags,” he claimed.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/nscdc-nab-2-suspects-with-adulterated-kerosene-in-anambra/
Re: NSCDC Nab 2 Suspects With Adulterated Kerosene In Anambra by Illuminatiship(m): 10:48am On Jul 14, 2021
Ok
Re: NSCDC Nab 2 Suspects With Adulterated Kerosene In Anambra by Fahdiga(m): 10:49am On Jul 14, 2021
See where Buhari has landed us
Re: NSCDC Nab 2 Suspects With Adulterated Kerosene In Anambra by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2021
and people will still buy it even with full knowledge that it is fake
Re: NSCDC Nab 2 Suspects With Adulterated Kerosene In Anambra by milann: 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
SMH
Re: NSCDC Nab 2 Suspects With Adulterated Kerosene In Anambra by Abigail6840(f): 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
Am very sorry please am in need of an help for the sake of Almighty God, i have been suffering a lot with my son since I lost my job and I haven't got another one and it has lead to a lot of hunger for us to the extent of having nothing to eat, please even if it's #500 for the sake of God try to help us please, and by the grace of God what ever you have and seeing in this life that's always giving you joy and happiness will never turn to be a cause of sadness and sorrow to your lifetime, and may God in his power continue to be always giving you the full strength and wisdom that will enable you to be always overcoming all the life's challenges that will come or pass your way throughout your lifetime, and you will never loose what you loved and cherished most in your life amen please this my Acct No__First bank 3180322629 Elizabeth David Abigail

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu And Why Britain May Not Help Him / Senator Adefuye Blasts Obasanjo, Says Buhari Remains Nigeria's Best President / Only 20 Persons Have Been Recruited To Work In Anambra Airport- Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.