Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:43 PM

Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension (2006 Views)

$51bn Foreign Debt: FG Rues Dwindling Revenue, Reps Condemn Needless Loans, / IPOB threatens shutdown over alleged bias in Nnamdi Kanu’s trial / Reps Allege Lopsidedness In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension Of Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by TruthHurts1(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2021
The House of Representatives has said the ongoing recruitment by the Nigerian Navy is unfair and not in compliance with the federal character principle in the constitution, asking the military outfit to suspend the process.

The House resolved to “direct the Nigerian Navy to suspend forthwith the forthcoming pre-screening exercise for the shortlisted candidates, with a view to strengthening the federal character law as well as to ensure better and more vigorous enforcement and implementation, knowing full well that every Nigerian deserves to be treated with dignity and rights, irrespective of where they may be located physically in the country.”

Also, the House requested the Navy to provide details of all recruitments from 2014 to date, showing their geographical spread.

Furthermore, the House mandated the Committee on Navy to “investigate the exercise and recommend appropriate measures to avoid similar constitutional violations in all future government recruitment and report back within 12 weeks for further legislative action.”

These resolutions were sequel to the unanimous adoption of a motion of urgent public importance to investigate the process of the Nigerian Navy Supplementary Recruitment of 44 candidates “for being against the principle of federal character and in gross violation of Section 14 of the 1999 Constitution.”

Sponsor of the motion, Ben Igbakpa, said all the successful candidates that are to report for training in two batches at the Nigerian Navy Basic Training School Onne, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, “are all from a particular part of the country, which negates the federal character principle of all inclusiveness, equity and fair play.”

He said, “The House believes that adequate observance and implementation of the federal character principle will in no small measure allay fears of domination and denial by the ethnic minorities and invariably foster national unity.”

https://punchng.com/reps-condemn-lopsidedness-in-navy-recruitment-demand-suspension/

Mynd44 Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by HellAnus: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2021
Buhari is very evil. Useless old man that cannot respect his age.

10 Likes

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by TruthHurts1(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2021
When this news first broke, Simplyleo and his band of merry liars called it fake news. Let us see how they react now.

11 Likes

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by Lawlab5: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by sylarada(f): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2021
Isowk!
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2021
I just don't understand why we can't just break up and the north employs all the Muhammed and Dan Fulani they want in office?

We would never be your slaves, can't you towel heads get it?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 15, 2021
Why are Northerners always this way. They gain more from one Nigeria than the South.

Without Southern Nigeria, Northerners won't have the opportunity to serve in the Nigerian Navy, yet see the nonsense them dey do.

All the people on the supplementary list are all Northerners in a country like Nigeria, this is madness.

9 Likes

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by MadamVanessa(f): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2021
Nothing surprises me anymore with this government of the quota system , by the quota system and for the quota system.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by OssyMalik: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2021
Buhari has divided Nigeria more than any other president.

Useless terrorist

6 Likes

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by gidob(m): 7:52am On Jul 15, 2021
Last Last the north no rate the south....they feel like they can do anything and nothing will happen..southern Nigerians are the most docile people on earth.

6 Likes

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by Sunnybay7: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2021
Shame on Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by vedaxcool(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2021
[s]
Supan:
Let me make some revelations because some of us also have our own intelligence networks. I have met with some of the bandits, we have met with some of their high commanders. One or two who have repented. They have sat down with us, not once, not twice.

They told us that one of the northern governors is the commander of Boko Haram in Nigeria. Boko Haram and the Bandits are one and the same thing. They have a sophisticated network. during this lockdown their Planes were moving up and down as though there was no lock down. Moving ammunition, money, logistics and distributing them in different part of the country. They are already in the south. In the rain forest of the south. They are everywhere. They told us that when they finish this rural killings, they will move to phase 2.

In the Phase 2, they will go into the urban cities, going from house to house killing prominent people. I can tell you, this is the game plan. By 2022, they want to start a civil war in Nigeria. Don't joke with what I am saying you. I have a PHD from Oxford university. I am a central banker, we don't talk nonsense. So don't joke with what I am telling you. --- Obadiah Mailafia
[/s]

I remember during Jonathan's regime same liars told us IBB was sponsoring bokoharam and how Hausas poisoned oranges to kill Christians in the South. Till this moment no evidence has been produced not has anyone died from poisoned oranges but many naive people have moved on believing this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by Supan(m): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

I remember during Jonathan's regime same liars told us IBB was sponsoring bokoharam and how Hausas poisoned oranges to kill Christians in the South. Till this moment no evidence has been produced not has anyone died from poisoned oranges but many naive people have moved on believing this rubbish.
Who are the ghost committing the genocide in Southern Kaduna, Plateau, Benue etc.

Buhari is a misfortune to all, argue with RUGA

6 Likes

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by vedaxcool(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2021
[s]
Supan:

Who are the ghost committing the genocide in Southern Kaduna, Plateau, Benue etc.

[/s]

Have you ask UGM?
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by Nigeriadondie: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Why are Northerners always this way. They gain more from one Nigeria than the South.

Without Southern Nigeria, Northerners won't have the opportunity to serve in the Nigerian Navy, yet see the nonsense them dey do.

All the people on the supplementary list are all Northerners in a country like Nigeria, this is madness.
The southerners hatred off igbos have made them blind to this abnormality.
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by 9Stamp(f): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2021
Right in front of their own very eyes. Who is deceiving who
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by yanabasee1(m): 8:36am On Jul 15, 2021
Reps that is made up of the North as the majority?

Very soon, they will vote and the majority will take it and the recruitment will continue and nothing will happen....

1 Like

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by adeniyi65(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2021
Good.i pray they see it to its end.

yanabasee1:
Reps that is made up of the North as the majority?

Very soon, they will vote and the majority will take it and the recruitment will continue and nothing will happen....
That's just the enigmatic problem we are facing as Southerners.they have the upper hand against us in the house.

1 Like

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by chatinent: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2021
Old men are the problem of the country.
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by MansoryMX(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2021
I thought children of Buhari claim this news was Fake. Let’s just divide this country, let everyone go their separate ways. That’s the only solution else another Civil war between the North and the rest region is closing in on us seriously if we are not careful. The hand writing is boldly written on the wall.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 15, 2021
I think the treatment from North to south has been unfair

How can you have the name list all From the North... This is daylight robbery..

1 Like

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by KoleDgreat2020(m): 9:48am On Jul 15, 2021
Speaker Femi gbajabiamila has really risen up to d occasion of defending the nation. I am very proud of him unlike the rubber stamp Senate president Lawal. Kudos to Femi and his house of rep members. Buhari represent evil

2 Likes

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by Masterclass32: 10:14am On Jul 15, 2021
When the north parrots 'one Nigeria', it's not because of love or that they believe in the unity sef. It is for benefits like this. They're disproportionately advantaged in the Nigerian context and will go to any length to quell anything/person that threatens their privileged position. They know they're done for should Nigeria break up.

When will the south wake up?
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by OKPANAMboy: 10:24am On Jul 15, 2021
Supan:

Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by OKPANAMboy: 10:25am On Jul 15, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Have you ask UGM?

Zombie, suffer no dey tire you?
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by velocity25(m): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2021
Good morning to every foolish Southerners,
You think shouting one Nigeria with northern bigots will make them to see you as an equal? never, they will always see you as arne or kafir.
Time for everyone to answer his father's name.
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by vedaxcool(m): 10:28am On Jul 15, 2021
OKPANAMboy:

Zombie, suffer no dey tire you?

Cownu errand boy, na question I ask.
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by OKPANAMboy: 10:30am On Jul 15, 2021
vedaxcool:

Cownu errand boy, na question I ask.

Zombie, I ask again; suffer no dey tire you?
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by techWriter2: 11:10am On Jul 15, 2021
Buhari has divided Nigeria more than any other prez Useless terror
Re: Reps Condemn Northern Bias In Navy Recruitment, Demand Suspension by indemnityy: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2021
Sitting on the keg of gun powder.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why Jonathan Cannot Contest For President Again / Streets Deserted In Abakaliki As Ipob's Independent Day Sit At Home Order Obeyed / Just In: APC Screening Committee Ranks Osinbajo Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.