Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,934 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket (4608 Views)

See The ₦7,500 Supermarket Bread That Got People Talking - Photo / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) / "I Have Been Eating Plastic Rice For 2 Months; Be Careful" - Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by pocohantas(f): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2021
A social media user @Queenprecy_ laments over the cost of a bread she bought at a supermarket.

I bought one sliced bread which I thought it’s going to be like 700 but on the receipt I’m seeing 5500. Anyway I’m going back to just supermarket, either they overcharged me or am about to create a scene with the way im managing money now.

She went back there and posted this again;

I just went back and that’s the price, sliced bread for 5500, why exactly I’m I going to eat 5500 bread with 3 in 1 that’s 100 naira? Tears in my heart and brain

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by pocohantas(f): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2021
The bread causing this wahala is St. Pierre Brioche loaf. grin

Some people would come and ask if it is the bread of life or the one that remained from feeding 5000 people. Lmao!

Meanwhile, I know a vendor that sells the bread of life. @soessentialng

In case you wan buy that “N5500” bread. grin

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by PlayMaker14: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2021
What kind of Attention Seeking skills is this for Heaven sake?

Did they hypnotize you to bring out N5500 to pay for the bread?

Some Nigeria girls just love to login to their social media accounts and display the highest level of stupidity ever known to man.

Guys, please be careful with such ladies that seek attention like some daily bread.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by Juicewrld27: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2021
After eating this bread will i never know hunger again? grin

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by xpressionx(m): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2021
angry
Have they started auctioning "bread of life" and we are not aware?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by izzou(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2021
She either needs attention or she's plainly stupid

You'll have to pay before a receipt is printed. So, how come she got home and realised that she spent 5,500 on a loaf and decided to go back to enquire?

Which kind mumu person be this?

This one go worse pass Tonto Dikeh if dem give am small spotlight

10 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by xpressionx(m): 8:28am On Jul 15, 2021
izzou:

You'll have to pay before a receipt is printed. So, how come she got home and realised that she spent 5,500 and decided to go back to enquire?

It's obviously a card payment.
You to dey hurry,calm down

15 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2021
izzou:

You'll have to pay before a receipt is printed. So, how come she got home and realised that she spent 5,500 on a loaf and decided to go back to enquire?

POS brother. But she should have asked.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by pocohantas(f): 8:31am On Jul 15, 2021
izzou:

I thought of that too. I know most big supermarkets have this screen that faces you, you will be seeing the price increase as they add up. When they don’t have that screen, they will tell you the total before asking for your card. In case you wan reduce am. grin

I guess all that didn’t play out or she wasn’t paying attention.

Insufficient funds would have saved the day. Make she sha chop her N5500 bread. cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by izzou(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2021
xpressionx:

It's obviously a card payment.
You to dey hurry,calm down

So if it's a card payment, you wouldn't know the bill before you pay?

You need to relax and understand before you comment

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by Kaybae(f): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2021
Big time wahala, honestly I will be beating myself through out that day, probably she used her card for payment and doesn't pay attention.
Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by izzou(m): 8:36am On Jul 15, 2021
pocohantas:

I thought of that too. I know most big supermarkets have this screen that faces you, you will be seeing the price increase as they add up. When they don’t have that screen, they will tell you the total before asking for your card. In case you wan reduce am. grin

I guess all that didn’t play out or she wasn’t paying attention.

Insufficient funds would have saved the day. Make she sha chop her N5500 bread. cheesy

Very simple.

For someone crying that she would use 100 naira Nescafé to eat it, she probably had a budget, or had a targeted amount to spend.

How can you not know that something doesn't add up?

I'll take it that she's clout chasing. If not, na serious mumu be this one

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by ahnie: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2021
The ingredients used to bake the loaf of bread must have been sourced from heaven hence the exorbitant price.

#5500 I would comfortably cook 8 pots of assorted delicious soups with that amount.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by izzou(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

POS brother. But she should have asked.

Even if you want to buy anything online, you will be shown your fee before your card is debited.

They will not debit you unless you give the authorization.

Before your card would be requested from you, they must let you know the bill.

Make Una no dey use POS dey justify this rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by 9Stamp(f): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2021
But there is no compulsion in buying! She could have returned the bread since the cost was above her expectation

1 Like

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by pocohantas(f): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2021
ahnie:
The ingredients used to bake the loaf of bread must have been sourced from heaven hence the exorbitant price.

#5500 I would comfortably cook 8 pots of assorted delicious soups with that amount.

Chineke! Ahnie which soup be that?

When last did you enter market? cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2021
izzou:

Even if you want to buy anything online, you will be shown your fee before your card is debited.

You don't know those stupid girls at those counters. That is how one guy bought one 5k tin of powdered peak in front of me, see vex eh. gringrin it's possible because I've seen it, that's why broke people like me ask first before buying.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by pocohantas(f): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2021
izzou:

Very simple.

For someone crying that she would use 100 naira Nescafé to eat it, she probably had a budget, or had a targeted amount to spend.

How can you not know that something doesn't add up?

I'll take it that she's clout chasing. If not, na serious mumu be this one

They never debit without telling you the bill. I have never experienced that in all my years of being asked “savings or current, Ma?” grin

I don’t know who goofed, but I hope both parties (the supermarket and the buyer) would learn a lesson.
Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by izzou(m): 8:45am On Jul 15, 2021
pocohantas:

They never debit without telling you the bill. I have never experienced that in all my years of being asked “savings or current, Ma?” grin

I don’t know who goofed, but I hope both parties (the supermarket and the buyer) would learn a lesson.

Maybe her own card no get savings or current

Maybe she no see the amount on the POS before she put her 4 digit pin grin

I won't even be disgusted if she just talked about how she bought a bread of 5500. But for her to say she didn't see it, and she's going back to enquire?

That one weak me abeg

6 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by ahnie: 8:45am On Jul 15, 2021
Rejoice sister,you ve just bn guaranteed a spot in heaven because you purchased the bread of life....lucky you!

I really envy you.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by ahnie: 8:53am On Jul 15, 2021
pocohantas:

I had an experience with Gabbs some weeks ago,the price tags on a certain body scrub was interswitched,and I innocently purchased it.i was at the counter and all my stuff's were brought out for calculation,when I saw my bills I fainted,I found out the body scrub was the curprit and error from them,I told the cashier sharp sharp to fling it out...how can I buy bathe scrubs of 7k instead of 3k at my age when am not a Yahoo woman.
Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by pocohantas(f): 8:53am On Jul 15, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

You don't know those stupid girls at those counters. That is how one guy bought one 5k tin of powdered peak in front of me, see vex eh. gringrin it's possible because I've seen it, that's why broke people like me ask first before buying.

Why im go carry the jumbo tin? Na greediness put am for wahala. grin

izzou:

Maybe her own card no get savings or current

Maybe she no see the amount on the POS before she put her 4 digit pin grin

I won't even be disgusted if she just talked about how she bought a bread of 5500. But for her to say she didn't see it, and she's going back to enquire?

That one weak me abeg

Na why I say lessons must be learned. Some people don’t look o, they just punch.
Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:54am On Jul 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Why im go carry the jumbo tin? Na greediness put am for wahala. grin

Na why I say lessons must be learned. Some people don’t look o, they just punch.
Na big guy Na. grin
Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by kayuseful: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2021
izzou:

It's like you're not in naija. Not every time they tell you before they bill you.

Also, it depends on the cost of the other goods you bought alongside. Maybe if it's only bread and Spread you came to buy, then it's very easy to notice the price spike. But let's say you're buyingmany other items to the tune of say, 95k, you might not notice there's an insert of 5k bread.

Simple solution: tell all these so-called naija supermarkets to be putting price tag on the shelf with the product they are selling so customers can know before they pick. But no, they won't. They know most people won't be able to return it when they hear the price when they're about to check out. It's a strategy

7 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by Hathor5(f): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2021
pocohantas:
A social media user @Queenprecy_ laments over the cost of a bread she bought at a supermarket.

She went back there and posted this again;

I can get 11 of them abroad for the same amount.
Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by izzou(m): 8:59am On Jul 15, 2021
kayuseful:

It's like you're not in naija. Not every time they tell you before they bill you.

So the amount didn't display on the POS machine when you inputed your PIN?

Try another line sir? This one no fit fly

pocohantas:

Well, make I agree say this one possible sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by Kondomatic(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2021
Whosoever eateth of agege bread shall hunger again: But whosoever eateth of St. Pierre Brioche loaf shall never hunger because St. Pierre Brioche loaf shall be in him a bread of life, satisfying his hunger for everlasting life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by ThierryJay: 9:16am On Jul 15, 2021
izzou:

So the amount didn't display on the POS machine when you inputed your PIN?

Try another line sir? This one no fit fly

Well, make I agree say this one possible sha

Oga calm down, it's possible not to notice on the spot when you are buying several items at once which makes it a bit difficult to identify if a particular item's price has been inflated.

It has happened to me before but I noticed immediately after stepping outside the supermarket as I mentally suspected something was not quite right with the total I paid which made me to check the receipt and bingo I noticed it was the tissue rolls that were overpriced.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by izzou(m): 9:21am On Jul 15, 2021
ThierryJay:

Oga calm down, it's possible not to notice on the spot when you are buying several items at once which makes it a bit difficult to identify if a particular item's price has been inflated.

It has happened to me before but I noticed immediately after stepping outside the supermarket as I mentally suspected something was not quite right with the total I paid which made me to check the receipt and bingo I noticed it was the tissue rolls that were overpriced.

We are talking about 5,500 here.

Was the difference in the tissue rolls up to that? I guess not.

If it was, you wouldn't have to step outside before you mentally suspect that something is not right

Do you get my point now?
Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by pocohantas(f): 9:28am On Jul 15, 2021
kayuseful:

Simple solution: tell all these so-called naija supermarkets to be putting price tag on the shelf with the product they are selling so customers can know before they pick. But no, they won't. They know most people won't be able to return it when they hear the price when they're about to check out. It's a strategy

Maybe those people are shy. At Shoprite, look close to the cashiers and you will sometimes see a basket with items. Those items are returned items. No one goes back to the display racks, just push it aside there for them. They should go return it themselves. grin

ahnie:

I had an experience with Gabbs some weeks ago,the price tags on a certain body scrub was interswitched,and I innocently purchased it.i was at the counter and all my stuff's were brought out for calculation,when I saw my bills I fainted,I found out the body scrub was the curprit and error from them,I told the cashier sharp sharp to fling it out...how can I buy bathe scrubs of 7k instead of 3k at my age when am not a Yahoo woman.

I prefer when they use bar codes. Point it at that machine and it brings out the centrally inputed cost. lipsrsealed

You know most times we are always in a hurry and we don’t check our receipts. People should be reviewing their receipts before stepping out. That will be hard sha, we have just 24hrs in a day.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cries Out After Buying Sliced Bread Of N5500 At A Supermarket by 1F30M4(f): 10:13am On Jul 15, 2021
pocohantas:

True.. For me that is always in a hurry to pay and leave.. I make it a duty to alwayss ask for my bill even before I look through my wallet for the atm card.. Most times it's so I can mentally and emotionally process the payment as I go over all my purchases again & again before making any transaction there..

I hope she has learned her lesson though.. Please always ask for your bill before making payment oorrr take a few seconds to skim through the receipt before stepping out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Long Do It Take To Prepare Noodles / Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. / Favorite Quick Meal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.