Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? (20813 Views)

No Connection, No FG Job / FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million / 774000 FG Job Payment Of Stipend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Handsum64: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
Can you eat your HND?

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by blackpanda: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
9Stamp:
It's a life of choices. He may save up from the frsc job and go for other NOUN degrees then proceed for masters, start a family and get a better job by resigning from the frsc job...
Life is all about strategy.. I believe he made that decision based on a strategy. May God see him through

Ajala the dreamer grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
Judolisco:
Yes... But u go still go back sch o.. I doubt u will be able to use your hnd again...u will have to write to get approval that you want to further your education.. If you use d hnd it will carry a different date u fit lose d job.... I don't know Sha
But most of our parents started most of d jobs they use in training us with ssce but later went back to sch to further and get promoted... If you're still young then why not?

He'll be able to use it if he's smart.

When there's an opening for HND, he
( other staff) willl be the first to know and apply before the public. As an insider he'll be given preference first before other people. So, yes he can.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by project8(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
I wouldn't advice you to accept such offer except if you agree not to use ur your degree.
One- they won't accept any previous result from you accept u you don't use those again and maybe apply for a study leave and start all over again which in my own opinion is insane.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by adisababa1234: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Accept whatever will keep your body and soul together.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Judolisco:
Yes... But u go still go back sch o.. I doubt u will be able to use your hnd again...u will have to write to get approval that you want to further your education.. If you use d hnd it will carry a different date u fit lose d job.... I don't know Sha
But most of our parents started most of d jobs they use in training us with ssce but later went back to sch to further and get promoted... If you're still young then why not?
You're right but I used to think that applies to private owned companies alone.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by davidluv(m): 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
I'm federal worker bro, to best of my knowledge any qualifications you didn't tender at entry level won't be accepted subsequently on the job.. you'll have to apply to study and upgrade over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by aikyg(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
Yes. My elder brother did the same thing. He had a Post Graduate at the time and was working as an SSCE holder. Today they have fully converted him to a senior level with his latest qualification. You have to be hardworking and patient, though. It takes time, but you'll be converted eventually.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by project8(m): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
CharisEleos:

( other staff) willl be the first to know and apply before the public. As an insider he'll be given preference first before other people. So, yes he can.
he can't use it. No opening will allow insider to apply especially in govt agencies. He can only apply for a study leave but using that cert is not possible again except if he's applying in another agency

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
CharisEleos:

You don't get the guy. The problem arises when he presents a higher certificate, dated back to sometimes before he applied for the job. It would mean he lied to get the job. This has cost people their jobs in the private sector. I don't know about the public.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Kzinne: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
CharisEleos:
Enter first. Then work your way up from there.

You people don't even know how to secure something big with something small.

When you have gotten used to the system, you can tender your HND for level upgrade.
lies. You can't tender nothing

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Mophor: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:
but pls do u think that with time, i can submit my HND result?

Damn Niggar!!!!!!!!

You said your friend according to your post and now it's you!!! Why not come out straight so people can advice you other than been scared of insults

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by yetunsbay(m): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
CharisEleos:
Enter first. Then work your way up from there.

You people don't even know how to secure something big with something small.

When you have gotten used to the system, you can tender your HND for level upgrade.
for Govt job it doesn't work that way. Nevertheless,make him enter sha
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by sylve11: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hmmm cool
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by bolabadmus38: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
If youre pressed,please,take it. You can later present your higher qualification. Besides,if any other better opportunity comes later you can then decide.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by punta(f): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
I work in a federal government Parastatal as a level 15 officer. I have colleagues that came in with lower qualifications even though they are better qualified. Right now a lot of them are disillusioned and demotivated. Why you may ask? They have seen their contemporaries with same qualifications they posses being placed above them as their superiors. Their desperation and impatience has placed them where they would rather not be. Even after applying for proper placement, nothing has changed. Now they have to wait for years before they can get to the same ranks they could have entered with.

My advice might mean nothing to someone who has been unemployed for a long while but when you wear the shoes, your eye go clear.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Mavrick2012: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sharp sharp,i will present the HND later

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Kzinne: 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
project8:
he can't use it. No opening will allow insider to apply especially in govt agencies. He can only apply for a study leave but using that cert is not possible again except if he's applying in another agency
nothing like applying in another agency. All civil servants are employed by the civil service commission. Whether you in the ministry or parastatal
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by BigDawsNet: 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
i cant but i will advice anyone struggling to get a job to go fit.....

God is ur strength
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by delpee(f): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
If you have nothing else right now, take up the offer. The best thing is to study part time for a degree thereafter. It's usually difficult trying to present certificates that were not disclosed at the point of entry.

I know a young man who had been jobless. He got into a parastatal with SSCE as a driver and applied for approval to study. He has since graduated from UniAbuja and was upgraded accordingly.

Alternatively, still search for other jobs with your HND while working there. You can also work towards having a line of business that you can build on based on your profession or interest.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Person2person(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Enskynelson(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:
Hey nairalanders this guys post got me thinking all day and night!
He has a national Certificate of Education (NCE) result but decided to apply for a job with his SSCE because he felt he has no connection to get a Job with his NCE.

My question now is, can you accept for a federal Government job as an SSCE holder when you Have BSC,HND,NCE OR EVEN ND??

Someone is offering me a Fed job as an ssce holder while i have HND. He said he has a slot for just ssce.

I Am really confused
It depends on how easy it will be for you to upgrade. Please ask that question before you act especially if you have a job doing already.
In 2016, I took a FG job like that with my WASC while I already had a B.Eng then. It took me more than two years before I could upgrade with my degree cert. Those two years were not easy. People with ND were ahead of me, giving me orders in the office. I bore all of that sha and I learned humility from there. Today, it is a different story. Some persons who passed through the same way into my workplace even before me are still however yet to be upgraded. Please find out the ease with which you could do that if you have a job doing. If you have no other job, you can pick that, but make sure you fill in that you have experience and look for evidence to attach otherwise you will start from Level 3 step 2 which was my mistake then too.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by bnovative(m): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
alizma:

You can even submit it the next day you get the job. They usually do in-house replacement and if you are the good boy of the bosses, you will be perfectly fit in the moment such opportunity comes in. I hail your understanding, maturity and humilpity.
This information is not correct.
Op can join with ssce but cannot use his nce or hnd for this particular job again.
However, there is room for improvement as a government worker who wants to further his education. The procedure is:
Work until you're confirm
wait the prescribed number of years, depending on your cadre, that's were you employed as a clerical officer etc.
Apply for study leave with pay,get the approval and go for a program of your choice
After your programme, slot in the results and you will be converted to a cadre that suits your qualification.
Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by emmygzy(m): 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2021
punta:
I work in a federal government Parastatal as a level 15 officer. I have colleagues that came in with lower qualifications even though they are better qualified. Right now a lot of them are disillusioned and demotivated. Why you may ask? They have seen their contemporaries with same qualifications they posses being placed above them as their superiors. Their desperation and impatience has placed them where they would rather not be. Even after applying for proper placement, nothing has changed. Now they have to wait for years before they can get to the same ranks they could have entered with.

My advice might mean nothing to someone who has been unemployed for a long while but when you wear the shoes, your eye go clear.
my won question is can he still present that certificate for upgrading after sometimes or its now invalid. The HND.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by bnovative(m): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:
Op can join with ssce but cannot use his nce or hnd for this particular job again.
However, there is room for improvement as a government worker who wants to further his education. The procedure is:
Work until you're confirm
wait the prescribed number of years, depending on your cadre, that's were you employed as a clerical officer etc.
Apply for study leave with pay,get the approval and go for a program of your choice
After your programme, slot in the results and you will be converted to a cadre that suits your qualification.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Reelmii: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Take the job

It is better to fight for a better position from inside, than to fight from outside

A bird in hand. ...... even a master's degree holder dey pray for this opportunity silently... no loose guard oo

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by authority2006(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:
Hey nairalanders this guys post got me thinking all day and night!
He has a national Certificate of Education (NCE) result but decided to apply for a job with his SSCE because he felt he has no connection to get a Job with his NCE.

My question now is, can you accept for a federal Government job as an SSCE holder when you Have BSC,HND,NCE OR EVEN ND??

Someone is offering me a Fed job as an ssce holder while i have HND. He said he has a slot for just ssce.

I Am really confused

Since it is FGs job, I would advise you to accept it. You will have opportunity to present your higher qualifications in due time.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Chrisbetx(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
Would there promotion as time goes in the FRSC job, if maybe you later acquire the Higher Degree?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by tunize(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
GreaterFuture:
SSCE? If you are connected you will get much much more than that without SSCE, that's Nigeria for you. The documents or Certificates would be sorted later or at the key Stages
That wan na wen e know somebody wen know somebody the moment you tender your ssce against ur higher certificate for a government job bro getting a conversion is like using hammer to dismantling a rock.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by authority2006(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
Frelex:

You can get another degree from NOUN within four years. If you reject the offer, what is the assurance that you will have a better one in four year's time?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Reelmii: 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
emmygzy:
my won question is can he still present that certificate for upgrading after sometimes or its now invalid. The HND.
no.. they will not recognize that result...but he use his results to further his education...maybe to get a Bsc...then when a slot for Bsc holder comes, he can slot it in.... then he can also further for his masters degree...and also slot the results in when the opportunity comes...but it is better for him to be in the system while he works on achieving all these.... so that he wont be stranded financially

Atleast he can use his salary to plan for his future

3 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Judolisco(m): 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Passage:

You're right but I used to think that applies to private owned companies alone.
it's somehow easy in private own companies u can explain yourself orally sef ... They take it seriously in government companies any mistake like dis they terminate your appointment... Even age some people will change their age and forget to correct it on their first school leaving certificate omo na termination o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What You Should Be Doing If You’re Unemployed / National Hospital, Abuja Recruitment 2017. See Vacancies & Apply / Buhari Raises N-power Gear, Half Million Beneficiaries By 1 August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.