Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? (20814 Views)

No Connection, No FG Job / FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million / 774000 FG Job Payment Of Stipend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by happy662(m): 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Slimzy2020:
The new rule with federal govt job, u can't upgrade wen you tendered a lower certificate if u don't have any option you can manage that till u retire or save enough to quit the job
Your newspaper source or I don't believe you
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by punta(f): 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
Simpubozz:

Does it mean that people who have HND/BSc don’t have hope on a neutral ground? Do posts which require first degree are strictly by slot? Cos I hear these things alot about people believing they have higher chance of getting government job using lower qualifications even when they are over qualified. I don’t understand

I count myself privileged and blessed to have gotten this job with my M.Sc. I was interviewed thrice for this job and placed on the exact rank I was qualified for. Some of my colleagues were simply called to pick up appointment letters while some wrote exams and were interviewed also. Anything can happen, keep hope alive.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Gummygummy(f): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
A couple of years back we had SSCE slots for a fed govt job. We were literally looking for people to fill the positions and then I remembered my uncle(mom’s step brother) who had just finished serving and was job hunting. I suggested him to my Mom and she waved him off because she thought my uncle would think the job was beneath him. Knowing the care free person he was, I knew he wouldn’t mind so I pestered her to just call him and ask for asking sake. She did and he happily accepted. He wrote some kind of exams(I think) and converted all within two years.

If you’ve got nothing else doing atm...Just take a leap of faith. You’ll figure it out before landing.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Mac2016(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
LostMyZeal:
Life is in phases. But unfortunately, people get carried away by this simple principle.

Just as my Dunamis Pastor says: Do anything you find until you find what you want.

Very wrong advise! I understand the pastor may be trying to encourage us not to be idle which is good but this should not be an holistic statement. Wrongly occupying yourself with whatever you find will eat away your time or take you away from your promised land. You may even lose the course of destiny. Some useless job will isolate you for destruction, bro.
I had to resign one time, relocate within Nigeria o, used like a year before getting the real story changing job.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Simpubozz(m): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
punta:

I count myself privileged and blessed to have gotten this job with my M.Sc. I was interviewed thrice for this job and placed on the exact rank I was qualified for. Some of my colleagues were simply called to pick up appointment letters while some wrote exams and were interviewed also. Anything can happen, keep hope alive.
Oh wow! Good for you I guess
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by trinity11(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
SeunOshewaWife:

For SSCE? 150K?
Yes SSCE
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Frelex: 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
trinity11:

Yes SSCE
hmmm what job could that be? NNPC?
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by LostMyZeal(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
Mac2016:

Very wrong advise! I understand the pastor may be trying to encourage us not to be idle which is good but this should not be an holistic statement. Wrongly occupying yourself with whatever you find will eat away your time or take you away from your promised land. You may even lose the course of destiny. Some useless job will isolate you for destruction, bro.
I had to resign one time, relocate within Nigeria o, used like a year before getting the real story changing job.

Lool...I see you took the literal meaning

Although I concur with your point.

But It's not that deep bro

The summary of that quote is: Make conscious efforts until you reach your desired goal.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Bigpat: 2:03am On Jul 16, 2021
Many degree/HND holders are doing more degrading jobs that doesn't even require any certificate to do, just to survive and you are mentioning FG work with secondary school cert, that may in future lead to more opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by trinity11(m): 6:26am On Jul 16, 2021
Frelex:
hmmm what job could that be? NNPC?
I don't know of NNPC, but P.T.I pay their junior staff 150k. And the qualification of junior staff there is SSCE.
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Reelmii: 8:27am On Jul 16, 2021
Passage:

Please ma, I also have a question just to be clear on your analysis. Suppose one has a B.Sc. but got in using his SSCE. If he acquires a masters degree moving on, can he present that masters certificate considering that it's predicated on his unacceptable B.Sc.?
he can present his masters on the grounds that he informed the HR before taken the degree ... but if he still wants to use a Bsc, he has to run another 4years course which the HR also has to be aware... but that particular Bsc that he did not submit at the entry level cannot be used
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Davidobas360: 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
Whatsapp Moved From An App To A Machine... Here's How!

Between September & February, I made over 500k using WhatsApp only.

If I showed how to earn at least 100k on Whatsapp, would you be interested?

Even a dummy can earn 100k if he implements the secrets ruthlessly�

If you are willing to learn, send me a message via the link below �

https:///bmy3nl
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by Davidobas360: 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2021
Whatsapp Moved From An App To A Machine... Here's How!

Between September & February, I made over 500k using WhatsApp only.

If I showed how to earn at least 100k on Whatsapp, would you be interested?

Even a dummy can earn 100k if he implements the secrets ruthlessly�

If you are willing to learn, send me a message via the link below �

https:///bmy3nl[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? by bnovative(m): 2:00am On Jul 17, 2021
Op let me give you a picture How government employs. I speak as an authority I hope it will guide you.
We have the junior staff that's level 1 to level 6
The senior staff level 7 to 17
The permanent secretary which is consolidated.
Anybody without ND, hnd, bsc etc is employed as a junior staff.
Bsc /hnd employed as senior staff at level 8 step 2. However, bsc in geology will be taken at level 9
B. Engineering with coren certification is taken at 9. Same for accounting with ican.
Masters degree holders are taken at 9, lawyers 10, pharmacists 10, medical officers 12 at entry point.
The federal service commission is saddled with the responsibility of employing all senior staff while different ministries /mdas, with the approval of the commission can employ junior staff.
If you join the service as a junior staff with your ssce even when you possess a higher qualification, may u enter as a clerical officer; you can't bring in the higher certificate again during the course of your work. But you can work for 2 years, get your appointment confirmed, apply for study leave with pay, get approval and go for another ND and then hnd. When you are done, you will be converted from say clerical officer level 4 to admin or information officer, depending on your area of discipline, level 8.
You can then climb to 17 as the zenith.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What You Should Be Doing If You’re Unemployed / National Hospital, Abuja Recruitment 2017. See Vacancies & Apply / Buhari Raises N-power Gear, Half Million Beneficiaries By 1 August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.