Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko (2597 Views)

All crew, passengers die as Nigerian Air Force fighter jet crashes in Adamawa / Fighter Plane Suggestion For Nigeria Airforce / Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Beaf: 7:36pm On May 11, 2011
[size=14pt]Air Force fighter plane crashes in Gboko[/size]
On May 11, 2011 · In News
By Kingsley Omonobi & Peter Duru

MAKURDI – A Nigerian Air Force Fighter Jet F-7Ni at the early hours of Wednesday, crashed at Mbaniongu Mbazaam, near Yandev in Gboko local government area of Benue State.

The ill fated jet crash landed near the Yandev Community Secondary School, at kilometer 4, Buruku road, but no casualties were recorded in the accident.

In a statement by the Command Public Relations Officer of the Tactical Air Command of the force in Makurdi, Wing Commander Adebayo Makun, the two pilots on board the aircraft successfully ejected from the craft.

According to Makun, a search and rescue team from the 305 Flying Training School has successfully rescued the two pilots back to base.

He said, “A NAF search and rescue helicopter from the 305 Flying Training School Enugu has already sighted and recovered the pilots to NAF medical hospital in Makurdi for medical attention”.

File photo: A Nigerian Airforce plane.

The Command’s spokesman further disclosed that the Chief of Air Staff has already ordered an investigative team to visit the site of the crash to ascertain the cause of the mishap.

“An investigative team ordered by the CAS is already at the crash site to ascertain the cause of the crash”, he said.

Meanwhile, the news of the air mishap had initially thrown the entire state into shock as the rumour mills had it that top Nigerian politicians who were on their way to Ushongo to commensurate with the Chief Justice of the Federation, Justice Aloysius Katsina-Alu on the death of his wife were involved in the air disaster.

It would be recalled that in September 17th, 2006, an 18 seater Dornier Airforce plane belonging to the Nigeria Air Force also crashed in Oko village in Vandeikya local government area of Benue State, killing 15 top military officers in that flight while three survived the crash.

In another statement , signed by Air Commodore Yusuf Anas, Director of Airforce Public Relations, in Abuja; it confirmed the crash and also said that no deaths were recorded as the two pilots on board the aircraft successfully ejected.

The statement reads, “A Nigerian Air Force F7-Ni aircraft, on a routine training exercise crashed this morning at Mbaniongu Mbazaam near Yandev Community Secondary School, Kilometer 4 Buruku Road Yandev, Benue State”.

“The two pilots on board the aircraft successfully ejected from the aircraft. A Nigerian Air Force Search and Rescue helicopter from 305 Flying Training School Enugu has already sighted and flown the pilots to the Nigerian Air Force Medical Hospital, Makurdi for medical assessment”.

“A preliminary investigation into the crash has been ordered by the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal MD Umar to ascertain the cause of the accident”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/air-force-fighter-plane-crashes-in-gboko/
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Beaf: 7:39pm On May 11, 2011
The 2nd J-17 crash in as many months, we lost a pilot in the 1st.
. . .WWII plane, repackaged in China. embarassed

We shouldn't be flying any warplane originally built in the 1960's.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by seunlayi(m): 7:58pm On May 11, 2011
Thank God? No casualty.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Rhino5dm: 8:04pm On May 11, 2011
That's what you get when you refuse to devolop your technology and continue patronising russian second generation turbo shaft, repackage in china.

I feel sorry for pilots risking their lives flying those birds.

How i wish i can come in to assist.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Musiwa13: 8:07pm On May 11, 2011
airplane in markudi . how can a country put all his fighter jet in one location
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by homerac7: 8:22pm On May 11, 2011
Rotflmao!

Another chinko plane down in monthly succession. Saner community wld ground all such planes and retire dem immediately. But if we should, na wc oda plane we get?
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by EMANY01(m): 11:38pm On May 11, 2011
@
They are not all in benue they (our{?} fighter planes) are also in airbases in niger, kaduna ,kano and a grudging few in lagos dont even ask about the east or ss its a pattern just ast they located some major naval facility in illorin.Its just (un)fortunate the sea was beside us, otherwise all naval commands/bases would be in say sokoto born.
BTW . These were the same planes Obj bought some 6/8 years ago i remember thinking thinking this was a mistake.if you recall the spy plane incident/spat between the US and China just after Bush became presidient when a chinise plane ( f7/j 7 fighter jet) collided with an america intel/survaillance prop plane, the chinese fighter was destroyed but the prop lane(+ cqfe) survived wella.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Unbiased: 3:09pm On May 15, 2011
We should be thankful to God for sparing the families of the Pilot the pains and agony of LOOSING their breadwinners. It was an accident, that has nothing to do with the make of the aircraft. accident do happen, let the Airforce carry out their investigation but the incident could be traced to the bad weather and thunder storm on that fateful day. let's thank God for the Pilots lives who sustained minor injuries.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by hollandis(f): 4:04pm On May 15, 2011
It all bores down to one thing INCOMPETENCE.Square pegs in round holes.I am sur the Pilot never went to a flying school.Mediocrity is our dane in this country
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 15, 2011
Musiwa,:

airplane in markudi . how can a country put all his fighter jet in one location

Markurdi is the main base of the Nigerian Airforce.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by homerac7: 5:42pm On May 15, 2011
Makurdi is d home of Tactical Air Command, wc is in charge of jets deployment.

To d guy accusing d pilots as untrained, i bow for u o! U dont even knw nada abt NAF pilots training and d first thing u do is claiming dey were untrained, ur silence wld hav been more sensible. Such insensitive and ignorant talk is unacceptable on thread as dis where poor guys r dieing because of hazard of making do wt poor working equipments for national duty, yet u come on to piss on their graves.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Mynd44: 5:48pm On May 15, 2011
pity pity pity
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Rossikk(m): 6:03pm On May 15, 2011
hollandis said

It all bores down to one thing INCOMPETENCE.Square pegs in round holes.I am sur the Pilot never went to a flying school

That's an extremely stupi.d and ignorant statement. Sometimes I wonder where goats like you get your education with the sort of daft, brain-dead comments you make around here. Sure he never attended flying school. He just found himself flying a Nigerian Airforce jet because his uncle dashed him the plane. OLODO.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by hollandis(f): 6:10pm On May 15, 2011
Rossikk:

hollandis said

That's an extremely stupi.d and ignorant statement. Sometimes I wonder where goats like you get your education with the sort of daft, brain-dead comments you make around here. Sure he never attended flying school. He just found himself flying a Nigerian Airforce jet because his uncle dashed him the plane. OLODO.

Where is this one from.I said who let the dog out?
Fool,lemme reply you once and forever because i dont mingle with your like.2 fighter planes crashed in a month.What does it potray fool?
Bad weather or bad government.May the next plane you ever board crash.
Gross incompetnce. Am i not a pilot.Do you know what a fighter jet is at all?
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by brosd2: 6:19pm On May 15, 2011
hollandis:

It all bores down to one thing INCOMPETENCE.Square pegs in round holes.I am sur the Pilot never went to a flying school.Mediocrity is our dane in this country
[b][color=#000099]For the records;there is hardly any combatant airman that didn't attend a flying school both home and abroad.
I have had the opportunity of visiting the air force base Ikeja,Lagos,in 2001 during the tenure of Air Vice Marshal Etsu Ndagi,from all i gathered from him and some other senior officers,we do not have any MODERN/LATEST jet fighters.
Fellow country men do you know that we do not have the likes of the F15,F16 and F35 FIGHTER JETS?The like of F16 jets go for around $25 mi
llion us dollars (N3.7Billion).

Do you equally know that the Newest War Ship in the fleet of the Nigeria Navy was a 1983 second-hand US Warship donated to us during the first term of President Obasanjo.That was not the most embarrassing part of the story,the embarrassing part was that our 2003 naval officers were sent to the U.S for a specialized training on how to operate the 1983 ship in this millennium.

We equally do not have any submarine in this great nation of ours. One Nuclear submarine cost $2Billion US Dollars.
Nigeria cannot face the likes of Libya,Egypt for WAR not to talk of countries like Iran,Iraq,Israel.Let us forget the western nations.Yet we say we are the GIANT OF AFRICA.As far as i know,we have no security cover in Nigeria,only God is our shepherd.

All the forces making nothing work in Nigeria (likes of no refinery,no electricity and so on)has affected the armed forces of our dear country.

OH GOD SAVE US ALL.[/color][/b]
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Rossikk(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2011
Hollandis said

Where is this one from.I said who let the dog out?
Fool,lemme reply you once and forever because i dont mingle with your like.2 fighter planes crashed in a month.What does it potray fool?
Bad weather or bad government.May  the next plane you ever board crash.
Gross incompetnce. Am i not a pilot.Do you know what a fighter jet is at all?

You're a compound foo.l that's truly mentally challenged. And NO you are NOT a pilot, because no pilot in his right mind would make the thoughtless, ignorant utterances of a buffoon that you did.

Get this, you mental midget, two airforce jets belonging to a large airforce like Nigeria's crashing in a month does not mean the NAF pilots in question ''did not attend flying school'', anymore than two jets crashing in a month in the US or elsewhere (which happens with great regularity) means same.

Now take your st.upid inferiority complex and self hatred and stick it up your stinking anus.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by brosd2: 6:25pm On May 15, 2011
[b]For the records;there is hardly any combatant airman that didn't attend a flying school both home and abroad.
I have had the opportunity of visiting the air force base Ikeja,Lagos,in 2001 during the tenure of Air Vice Marshal Etsu Ndagi,from all i gathered from him and some other senior officers,we do not have any MODERN/LATEST jet fighters.
Fellow country men do you know that we do not have the likes of the F15,F16 and F35 FIGHTER JETS?The like of F16 jets go for around $25 million us dollars (N3.7Billion).

Do you equally know that the Newest War Ship in the fleet of the Nigeria Navy was a 1983 second-hand US Warship donated to us during the first term of President Obasanjo.That was not the most embarrassing part of the story,the embarrassing part was that our 2003 naval officers were sent to the U.S for a specialized training on how to operate the 1983 ship in this millennium.

We equally do not have any submarine in this great nation of ours. One Nuclear submarine cost $2Billion US Dollars.
Nigeria cannot face the likes of Libya,Egypt for WAR not to talk of countries like Iran,Iraq,Israel.Let us forget the western nations.Yet we say we are the GIANT OF AFRICA.As far as i know,we have no security cover in Nigeria,only God is our shepherd.

All the forces making nothing work in Nigeria (likes of no refinery,no electricity and so on)has affected the armed forces of our dear country.

OH GOD SAVE US ALL.[/b]
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Unbiased: 6:35pm On May 15, 2011
These Pilots are well trained, if they were not, they would have perished in the crash. They are surely one of the best breeds of Pilots we have in Africa. I personally met with one of the Pilots, it wasn't incompetency, warplane is not a motor vehicle, I think you should withdraw that statement, this forum is for logical and intelligent discussion.tks
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Rossikk(m): 6:45pm On May 15, 2011
Don't mind the guy. He is talking out of ignorance. Fact is Nigeria has some of the best trained military personnel anywhere in the world. These officers attend elite training institutes across the globe and pass with flying colours before being allowed to command any military facilities. I am personally related to a naval officer who has attended courses in top military institutes in Britain, the USA, and Germany. Same as ALL his colleagues. Tomorrow if some mishap befalls his vessel at sea, some goat that barely passed WAEC will come on Nairaland to say ''he never attended any naval school''.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by hollandis(f): 7:23pm On May 15, 2011
Rossikk:

Hollandis said

You're a compound foo.l that's truly mentally challenged. And NO you are NOT a pilot, because no pilot in his right mind would make the thoughtless, ignorant utterances of a buffoon that you did.

Get this, you mental midget, two airforce jets belonging to a large airforce like Nigeria's crashing in a month does not mean the NAF pilots in question ''did not attend flying school'', anymore than two jets crashing in a month in the US or elsewhere (which happens with great regularity) means same.

Now take your st.upid inferiority complex and self hatred and stick it up your stinking anus.

Rossikk:

Don't mind the guy. He is talking out of ignorance. Fact is Nigeria has some of the best trained military personnel anywhere in the world. These officers attend elite training institutes across the globe and pass with flying colours before being allowed to command any military facilities. I am personally related to a naval officer who has attended courses in top military institutes in Britain, the USA, and Germany. Same as ALL his colleagues. Tomorrow if some mishap befalls his vessel at sea, some goat that barely passed WAEC will come on Nairaland to say ''he never attended any naval school''.

Rossikk:

Look at this useless slves that dont know a thing about Nigeria Airforce.I wont be a party to exchangere of ignorance on this forum.Airforce ,I"repeat "'AIR'" Force crashing.You guys are talking about how OOLD AND and bla bla bla.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by cap28: 7:40pm On May 15, 2011
looks like we'll be sitting ducks if any of our neighbours decide to launch airstrikes against us
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by koruji(m): 8:00pm On May 15, 2011
It never ceases to amaze me how u declare everything to be "perfect" with Nigeria no matter what. We have no problems at all. Any issues or deficiencies are due to "unpatriotic elements".

The fact though is that you are a contradication - sometimes making a lot of sense and then turning right around to do the opposite. Best trained personnel my foot - true the Nigerian military is probably making do as best as they can with what they have, but for someone to declare them as "some of the best trained personnel anywhere in the world" is plain untrue.

With rusty AK-47s, donated 1960 warships, 1970s refurbished planes how can a military be the best trained. Incidentally you identified a good reason why there is no way our military can turn out to be what you 'll have us believe - Nigerian kids en-masse are barely passing their WAEC. Nothing built on such a foundation can ever be the best, even if it proves to be the one-eyed king of the blind.

Rossikk:

Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by xterra2(m): 11:03pm On May 15, 2011
Beaf:

The 2nd J-17 crash in as many months, we lost a pilot in the 1st.
. . .WWII plane, repackaged in China. embarassed

We shouldn't be flying any warplane originally built in the 1960's.
Gbam
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by xterra2(m): 11:07pm On May 15, 2011
cap28:

looks like we'll be sitting ducks if any of our neighbours decide to launch airstrikes against us
Sittind Ducks we have no reliable SAMs only anti-aircraft guns meant for choppers and one blowpipe
the Missiles and the bombs for the F-7 in a war cant last 2 days of airstrikes because we have very few
WE NEED to have S-300 if russia would not sell us the anti-stealth S-400
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 15, 2011
hollandis:

I could only hope you are kidding.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by OmoTier1(m): 11:12am On May 16, 2011
What do you make of a country that can not even boast of a'lo_hi' observation post, a mere civil total radar coverage is it such a country that you would handover a 'SAM' or a 'S2SM' to?

It is even more worrisome that no mention was ever made in the press release of Air accident investigation team visting or are already at the site of crash and I wonder if there is even a serious AAI team in NAF.
For now it is obvious that the NAF is all about painting of buildings in thier various bases.

Did it occur to any of you that during the Libya saga we had to go hire an aircraft to evacuate our citizens from there while counteries like Ireland, UK, etc engaged thier different military formations with the RAF aircrafts to evacuate her citizens.

In a rating of 1 to 10, i rate the NAF 3.
Re: Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko by Beaf: 12:42pm On May 16, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

What do you make of a country that can not even boast of a'lo_hi' observation post, a mere civil total radar coverage is it such a country that you would handover a 'SAM' or a 'S2SM' to?

It is even more worrisome that no mention was ever made in the press release of Air accident investigation team visting or are already at the site of crash and I wonder if there is even a serious AAI team in NAF.
For now it is obvious that the NAF is all about painting of buildings in thier various bases.

Did it occur to any of you that during the Libya saga we had to go hire an aircraft to evacuate our citizens from there while counteries like Ireland, UK, etc engaged thier different military formations with the RAF aircrafts to evacuate her citizens.

In a rating of 1 to 10, i rate the NAF 3.

Guy, don't dis our country. We might be under developed and have our issues, but don't spit on the country it is fvcking annoying and offensive.
I can't understand why some of us are so ready to spit on our identities like there's pride in such despicable actions. Everywhere I've been in this World, even in worse off fellow African countries, the people always know where to draw the boundaries between issues with their country and their identity. They never come away sounding like they suffer an inferiority complex that constantly requires them to keep saying, "look ma, I'm stvpid."

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu's APC E-warriors Are Suffering From Chronic Bad-belleism- A Silent Killer / Man, 45, Nabbed For Raping 16-yr-old Daughter / We’ll Continue To Defend Nigeria’s Territory With Our Blood — Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.