Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law (332 Views)

Sheikh Bello Yabo Mocks Buhari, Says Katsina Residents ‘stoned The Satan’ / Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah For Blasphemy - Islamic Cleric Orders / Yahuza Tijjani Remanded In Prison For Criticising Kabiru Isma’il On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law by NaijaRealtor: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2021
So I just read this thread on which one Islamic cleric asked fellow muslims to kill a boy whom they alleged to have blasphemed against muhammed out of frustration.

See thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6653418/sheikh-bello-yabo-kill-ismail

My question is, shouldn't the cleric be arrested by the DSS or police for inciting violence and conspiring to murder by asking people to kill the boy?

Or

Is the Nigerian law no longer valid?

According to the Nigerian Criminal Code Act, number 324.

Conspiring to murder

Any person who conspires with any other person to kill any person, whether such person is in Nigeria or
elsewhere, is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years.

is this no longer valid or why is this man not arrested and prosecuted yet?

Seun, Lalasticlala, what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law by Hezzyluv: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2021
But God or Allah has the power to kill any body who he feels deserves to die. Y kill on his behalf?
Re: Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law by Officialgarri: 10:09am On Jul 16, 2021
I agree with the OP. That imam ought to be in jail.

Unfortunately, the Isah boy happens to come from a hated tribe so no lawyer activist will stand for him.
Falana is standing in for a dead girl, but would turn a blind eye to someone who is about to be lynched.
Re: Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law by malware: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2021
NaijaRealtor:
So I just read this thread on which one Islamic cleric asked fellow muslims to kill a boy whom they alleged to have blasphemed against muhammed out of frustration.

See thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6653418/sheikh-bello-yabo-kill-ismail

My question is, shouldn't the cleric be arrested by the DSS or police for inciting violence and conspiring to murder by asking people to kill the boy?

Or

Is the Nigerian law no longer valid?

According to the Nigerian Criminal Code Act, number 324.

Conspiring to murder

is this no longer valid or why is this man not arrested and prosecuted yet?

Seun, Lalasticlala, what do you think?

Bros, I'm a Muslim, but this incitement by the scholar is quite distasteful. Now I see the reason why some people view some of us as extremists. The prophet was during his time insulted by many and he himself had not or ordered anybody to kill those who insult him.

I sat down and x-rayed our problems, and I came to the realisation that the Government has allowed both Christian and Muslim to be indoctrinating people without regulation. These clerics, in my own views, are the major opinion moulders in our societies, hence their activities need to be checked.

I weep when I see a supposed upright man calling for the killing of another person because of alleged blasphemy.
Re: Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law by NoIgboSoundTueh: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2021
Though the Sheik is wrong to call for the lynching of the blasphemer as lynching is Haram in islam.
That Isah of a guy should be hanged for his crime against the noblest of mankind by a competent sharia court if guilty.
we have freedom of speech but you don't have freedom from its consequency
Re: Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law by Felimax(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2021
You are here weeping, go and read the entire article again and pay attention to the state government response, trust you won't weep again. The land of Sokoto is the land of Jihadist and extremist, you can't change it.
When you sit in the south you will see Nigeria law, when you get to the north you will see islamic law or sharia.
Just ignore those people.
Re: Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law by NaijaRealtor: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2021
malware:

Bros, I'm a Muslim, but this incitement by the scholar is quite distasteful. Now I see the reason why some people view some of us as extremists. The prophet was during his time insulted by many and he himself had not or ordered anybody to kill those who insult him.

I sat down and x-rayed our problems, and I came to the realisation that the Government has allowed both Christian and Muslim to be indoctrinating people without regulation. These clerics, in my own views, are the major opinion moulders in our societies, hence their activities need to be checked.

I weep when I see a supposed upright man calling for the killing of another person because of alleged blasphemy.

I don't think he's an upright man.

I wonder if the poor boy will survive or not.
Re: Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law by OlayemiAshraf(m): 10:50am On Jul 16, 2021
.my religion is a "Religion of peace "

A piece of you here
A piece of you over there grin
Re: Re: Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah; Isn't The Death Threat Against The Law by aribisala0(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Officialgarri:
I agree with the OP. That imam ought to be in jail.

Unfortunately, the Isah boy happens to come from a hated tribe so no lawyer activist will stand for him.
Falana is standing in for a dead girl, but would turn a blind eye to someone who is about to be lynched.
What do you mean by "turn a blind eye" Does Falana have more than 24 hours in a day.
What are you doing? Is criticizing others action

Why don't you put your hand in your pocket and pay a lawyer.

The Supreme court has decided in Fawehinmi vs Akilu that private citizens can prosecute for crimes so there is nothing stopping YOU taking him to court

Leave Falana alone

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bandits’ Leader, Turji, Releases Zamfara Villagers, Reunites With Father / Angry Man Abroad Slams Yoruba Entertainment Industry Over SILENCE In Igboho Case / Medical Report, Others Drag Igboho’s Bail, Benin Monarchs Write President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.