Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,331 members, 7,850,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:59 PM

Things That Matter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Things That Matter (127 Views)

I Just Want To Tell The Stories That Matter – Actor Olanrewaju Bally / "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com / Seyi Shay: My Bigger Butt Was One Of The Good Things That Happened To Me In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things That Matter by Arabmoniq(m): 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
I saw a viral list of donors for the burial of the Owner of Cubana, Obi Cubana and I asked; What was the essence of making that public and who did it? To achieve what aim? If I may ask. I doubt if Obi Cubana would have authorised that.
In every aspect of our life and endeavour as a people, we present ourselves as a tribe that places value on money and materialism over and above all else. Whether in our movies in Nollywood and in other aspects.
I once saw a viral video of one brother having his palatial home videod with the exotic cars parked therein and he was there lapping it up and I wondered for what purpose.
And we wonder why the rest of the nation nay the world thinks about us only in terms of money and materialism and as a transactional people.
When we are clearly more than that. Yes. Igbo is more than that and more.
As much as we love to place all our woes on the doorsteps of external aggressors and enemies, let us also think back to when the world saw Ndi Igbo through the likes of Chinua Achebe, Pius Okigbo, Prof Adiele Afigbo, Chike Obi the Mathematician; Alex Ekwueme and Chuba Okadigbo the politicans; Mary Onyeali, the Ezinwa brothers and Jay-Jay Okocha in the area of sports; even Zebrudaya of the New Masquerade fame and Pete Edochie as Okonkwo of the Things Fall Apart drama fame in the field of Theatre Arts to mention a few and contrast with how we are seen today through the likes of E-money, B-money, Agbaegonkiti, Akunatakasi, nwarupuo aku, Blow Money, Ego mbute and the likes.
Is that the value we truly want to be know with as a people going forward?
Do we spare a thought to such or we are too far gone?
By the way, owu Chi na enye uba (wealth comes from God) so I have no problem with uba (wealth) gotten the right way of course but how it is presented matters.
Please, I come in peace though; before anyone attacks me.
~ Uche Diala

(1) (Reply)

3 Important Ways To Keep The Commandments Of Love. / 15 Distinguished Personalities To Receive The African Attainment Awards / You Are Unrivaled, Fan Tells Abit Network CEO, Gaius, Others Okays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.