Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Career Switch Dilemma - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Switch Dilemma (8224 Views)

Career Switch: I Need Your Advice / Career Switch? Is It A Good Idea? Advice Me Please / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Switch Dilemma by Moneywirer: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
OK guys I'd keep it really short and precise.
My brother studied computer engineering. Truth be told he never really liked the course. He only studied the course because he thought he'd love it along the way and also he enjoys fiddling with tech stuff but that was never his passion. He recently finished his NYSC and is considering a masters in Business Management. I'm against it but he says it's what he wants to do and we all at home know he has always been inclined to business and has been passionate about it even as a kid.
Now my question is, is such switch really possible in any university??

1 Like

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by PheelzAlmighty: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Do what pleases you.
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Brokeronline: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Oga forget that thing jare.

My gee studied chemical engineering and graduated with a nice result

He has being working as a successful banker for more than seven years..

This is Nigeria, whatsoever you findeth to do do it with all your head

33 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by oche2020: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lol the guy up there is so funny
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by caniva(m): 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
sad
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by addyvast: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
ok
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Damidave1124(m): 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Since he enjoys fiddling with tech stuff, I'd advice him to go for programming.
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Kobicove(m): 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Going to do Masters in Business Administration does not necessarily mean a switch in career from what he studied in his first degree...

7 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by BarrElChapo(m): 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Very well bro. He can venture into the business side of engineering or any other for that matter.

A lot of persons say top 10 billionaires in the world are all into tech but what they don't avert their minds to, is that it is the turning that idea into a sellable business that raked in the billions..

11 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by chukwuibuipob: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
sad
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by slawormiir: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Very possible na

Even tertiary institutions know say such things is important in the life of a man. That is why they introduced CED
Centre For Entrepreneurship Development

3 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by superCleanworks(m): 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Reading
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Angelawhite(m): 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Moneywirer:
My brother studied computer engineering. Truth be told he never really liked the course. He only studied the course because he thought he'd love it along the way and also he enjoys fiddling with tech stuff but that was never his passion. He recently finished his NYSC and is considering a masters in Business Management. I'm against it but he says it's what he wants to do and we all at home know he has always been inclined to business and has been passionate about it even as a kid.

We know it’s not your brother. It’s you

A graduate should be allowed to make his choice. I studied electrical engineering and I don’t see myself going back to finish my masters. I’d rather go for a business school

11 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by TimmyTen(m): 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by McOluOmo: 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
F
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by phemmyfour: 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
Moneywirer:
Let him be, that's his first love.....let him pursue it.
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Mindlog: 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
Moneywirer:

What career prospects awaits him after a Masters in Business Management?

3 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by superCleanworks(m): 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

You. Wetin u dey find for career section?
Oya... Back to wechat

3 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by elmessiahs(m): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
Yes, a pgd first then he's good to go ni

2 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hmm
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by advanceDNA: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
Moneywirer:

Dude...at some point, we will need to know how to manage a business... whether on paper or via the apprentice route.....

I don’t think an MBA or business management course is a digression or a switch in career...at some level of your professional career, you will likely need an MBA..most top level managers have it whether it’s IT, banking, manufacturing etc..

5 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by McOluOmo: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
heard u went to oba.
Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2021
Moneywirer:
Yes it's possible. The new MD of GT bank studied pharmacy and she has a masters degree in business administration. If that's what he wants, I say he should go for it. It helps in the 'corporate business world.'
He should be thankful he has options and probably the funds to run it.
Some of us ehn.... Make God sha help us.

3 Likes

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Igbaba2: 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
In my own opinion, kindly leave the young man to do what he has passion for. Yea........along the line, he may still find another thing entirely from the two disciplines. Life is funny, calculative and also spiritual. So, let him go for business magt. No matter how stupid d course may seems to be in your family, God decision is ultimate. And God may be acting through his conscience or heart.

1 Like

Re: Career Switch Dilemma by Doggedseller: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
Its well

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Apprenticeship, What Next? / Quality Assurance/ Control Analyst Let Meet Here / 10 Top-Employee Qualities That Require Zero Talent & Zero Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.