Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) (1245 Views)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Bishop David Oyedepo Curses Fulani Herdsmen / Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by DeSwitchConsole(m): 2:40am On Jul 19, 2021
Earlier, a post about Bishop David Oyedepo sacking 40 Pastors over low income from the branch went viral. However, a post by Reno onokri revealed otherwise and suggested that the sacked pastor was only 'playing on your emotions'.

In a post shared by Reno onokri, he revealed that the church did indeed sack the Pastors, however, it wasn't over Money as the letter he read according to him did not mention anything about money rather it did use the word 'Church Growth' and that Christ had 'called us to engage in evangelism' citing Matthew 28:18-20 from the Bible and any Pastor that failed at that deserved to be sacked citing the words of Christ in Matthew 25: 14-29

However there has not been any reactions from the church involved

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Staphylococcus: 2:42am On Jul 19, 2021
Useless damage control

Church growth my foot.

Call a spade a spade. They were not remitting as due.

Those pastors in Lekki branches can never be sacked cos they remit big. All this one's sacked are the village and suburb pastors.

Who have learn to eat tithe due to poverty. After all, the final recipient is also eating the tithe.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 3:02am On Jul 19, 2021
sad Thank u Reno.Only confused pipu believe that OYEDEPO sacked those"HOPELESS" thing over money. Oyedepo that I know can't be POOR.He doesn't need Ur money to survive.Nobody's FORCE U to donate/give.Dont allow bloggers to use Ur Ballz play ludo game

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Mokason288(m): 3:09am On Jul 19, 2021
I have said it before and I will gladly say it again

This Reno sounds like a stupid child most times

Who asked him to defend Pa Oyedepo?

Is he a living Faith pastor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by WiszyFraud: 3:15am On Jul 19, 2021
Forget it Mr Reno..

The CEO simply sacked some branch managers for low/poor remittance.

How do you expect a business to flourish with a low remittance?? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 3:16am On Jul 19, 2021
Staphylococcus:
Useless damage control

Church growth my good.

Call a spade a spade. They were not remitting as due.

Those pastors in Lekki branches can never be sacked cos they remit big. All this one's sacked are the village and suburb pastors.

Who have learn to eat tithe due to poverty. After all, the final recipient is also eating the tithe.
Truth is BITTER a d BITTERNESS EMBITTER LIFE.. There is nothing like damage control.Watch out for those HOPELESS pastors to sing another tunes..If indeed dey got SACKED over money.They probably dipped their fingers I'm the honey pot
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Staphylococcus: 3:18am On Jul 19, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
Truth is BITTER a d BITTERNESS EMBITTER LIFE.. There is nothing like damage control.Watch out for those HOPELESS pastors to sing another tunes..If indeed dey got SACKED over money.They probably dipped their fingers I'm the honey pot

The whole church growth gimmick is all about MONEY

No once cares about church growth if remittance is complete.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:21am On Jul 19, 2021
You obviously don't know what it really means to bear fruits.

The seed is Word of God, and when the Word of God is sown into a man's life, his obedience of that sown Word is what it means to bear fruits. This can be gotten from the parable of the sower. Luke 8:11-15

So someone's church membership can grow from ten to a miilion in a week, if the person doesn't keep the sown Word, for instance, if the person is not preaching what Christ commanded him to preach but what people want to hear, the person is not bearing fruits according the true definition of that phrase, because it is done in disobedience to God's Word.

But on the other hand, if the person keeps the sown Word, and is preaching what Christ commanded him to preach to men, even if the church membership doesn't increase in numbers, or even decreases as that of Christ decreased as the point when many of His disciples left Him because of His Words, the person is bearing fruits indeed, because he is keeping the sown Word of God in his life, and there's an eternal reward for that because the purpose for which the Word was sown in his life had been achieved.

So it doesn't mean growth of church membership as many Christians and church leaders misinterpret it to be, but the growth of the seed of God's Word in one's life, which comes via obedience.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by illicit(m): 3:28am On Jul 19, 2021
What did the church plant that it wants to grow

How many worshippers quantify a grown church?

When u evangelise, is it by force that people must adhere

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Kobojunkiee: 3:35am On Jul 19, 2021
JESUS wept! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

All of these so-called Mogs are nothing but scammers. How can anyone use what Jesus Christ said in John 15, Matthew 28 or even Matthew 25 to attempt to argue any of what this man here atttempts here, with a heart already full of lies? undecided

He even includes mention of Jesus Christ's encounter with the barren Fig tree in Mark 11 as justification of what amounts to worldly business practices, that are not commanded by God. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 19, 2021
chukwuibuipob:

They are hopeless because they touched your god, right? Do you realise how you're sounding?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by J2381: 7:30am On Jul 19, 2021
What does Church Growth mean exactly? If it means getting more members, then I'll say, getting more members usually equate getting more money from tithes, levies, sowing seeds and the likes.

This is how the use this church growth to disturb our peace and spread noise pollution and they will say it's Evangelism.

They see you on the road and they start harassing you, telling you all sort of nonsense about Heaven and Hell, when they fail to even know they're already in Hell. Lol.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 8:43am On Jul 19, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

They are hopeless because they touched your god, right? Do you realise how my father's sounding?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by LikeAking: 11:00am On Jul 19, 2021
Reno O na Oyedepo servant.

Forget am.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
[quote author=chukwuibuipob post=103858952][/quote]

How your father's sounding? Most probably sounding like you (since like begets like).
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

How my father's sounding? Most probably sounding like me (since like begets like).
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
Church growth= Money growth.

Moreover,the church growth they talk about is typically fellow Christains from other churches. So don't tell us that this is even about evangelism. It's all growing your customer base from other fellow competitors...this is all business grin
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
[quote author=chukwuibuipob post=103875902][/quote]

Really repping your father here. Kudos.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Really repping my miserable father here. Kudos.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Kobojunkiee: 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad Thank u Reno.Only confused pipu believe that OYEDEPO sacked those"HOPELESS" thing over money. Oyedepo that I know can't be POOR.He doesn't need Ur money to survive.Nobody's FORCE U to donate/give.Dont allow bloggers to use Ur Ballz play ludo game
Wow... check out the vitriol from this one. I hope you are at least a shareholder in this church company so you at least get something back since you are quick to throw the fired men under the bus for the sake of this church company. undecided
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
grin Young man,sorry! I dnt belong to Winners but the bitter truth is that OYEDEPO can't just sack u cos of remittance/whatever back to the Hq.Some years back,some of these Pastors in his Church dey padded names of their families, friends in scholarship and omitted/removed the poor man pikin beneficiary from the list.
Kobojunkiee:
Wow... check out the vitriol from this one. I hope you are at least a shareholder in this church company so you at least get something back since you are quick to throw the fired men under the bus for the sake of this church company. undecided
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Kobojunkiee: 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
grin Young man,sorry! I dnt belong to Winners but the bitter truth is that OYEDEPO can't just sack u cos of remittance/whatever back to the Hq.Some years back,some of these Pastors in his Church dey padded names of their families, friends in scholarship and omitted/removed the poor man pikin beneficiary from the list.
There is nothing "truthful" about any of what you or the OP has said in this since all you have done is simply take the side of this church company over the fired pastors in this. This is simple Employer-employee matter and unless you were one of the affected parties, what you have to offer remains just your opinion and nothing 3elseundecided

The conduct of pastors from years ago does not in anyway reflect the conduct of this set here. undecided
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
[quote author=chukwuibuipob post=103880576][/quote]

Your dad's miserable? No wonder you're like this.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

My dad's miserable? No wonder i'm like this.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
[quote author=chukwuibuipob post=103908219][/quote]

I just noticed the IPOB in your name. Been wasting my time with a nonce.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Did Not Sack Pastors Over Money - Reno (pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

I'm dumb upstairs. just noticed the IPOB in your name. Been wasting my time with a nonce.

(1) (Reply)

If A Man Has Two Wives..? / What Would Be Your Reaction If AI Truly Became Sentient? / The Location Of The Ark Of The Covenant Revealed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.