Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) (451 Views)

N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others / James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) by EmmanuelScott1(m): 11:36am On Jul 19, 2021
Facebook feminist, Nkechi Bianze has shared highlights from her wedding which took place last weekend.

Bianze who disclosed that her husband is from Mbaise in Imo state, said no bride price was paid. She also revealed that she didn't kneel down to give him a drink during the traditional marriage.

The Facebook feminist further disclosed that the traditional wedding was done according to the custom and traditions of her people in Agbor, Delta state, but edited to suit them.

She wrote;

Yesterday, the 17th of July 2021, all roads led to Owa (Agbor) Delta State as family and friends joined the Love of my Life and I as we got married.

He is from Mbaise, Imo State.

No bride price was paid.

And I did NOT kneel down to give him drink. We BOTH STOOD up to drink.

The Traditional Wedding was done according to the custom and traditions of my people, and we edited bits to suit us.

Official photos to come soon.
She also fired back at those calling her out for marrying an Imo man after reportedly spending years putting down Igbo men.

Re: No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) by Ammishaddai: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2021
I'm not God o, but I don't see this marriage lasting
Re: No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) by Fahdiga(m): 11:38am On Jul 19, 2021
This marriage has crashed even before it started. Feminist my left yansh
Re: No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) by donbachi(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2021
Feminism is the rejection of fowl,but eats it eggs.
Re: No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) by thesicilian: 11:52am On Jul 19, 2021
Ammishaddai:
I'm not God o, but I don't see this marriage lasting
Took the words right out of my mouth
Re: No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) by Armaggedon: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
SMH...the bride price is not meant to be paid to you. If could have been paid without your knowledge. If it wasn't paid at all, that's even worse because without it, you are not married spiritually, customarily and regarded so by the society. It's not about being a feminist: it's about not being regarded as woman enough which she will realize when she becomes mentally mature.
Re: No Bride Price Was Paid- Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Says (PHOTOS INCLUDED) by RedboneSmith(m): 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
Y'all gonna bring this non-story here too? Is Nkechi Bianze holding you people's umbilical cord?

(1) (Reply)

He Didn't Know She Understood Yoruba (omo Kaaro Ojire, Be Careful) / Woman Kiss And Twek On A Dead Man Face. / The Famous Igbo Atilogwu Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.