Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha (4146 Views)

Eid Ul Adha (ileya) 2022 Is On The 9th Of July / Eid-ul-fitr: Muslims To Fast Tomorrow, Shawwal Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia / Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Lukgaf(m): 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
AlhamduLilah, tomorrow is Eid (may Allah count us among those that will witness Eid in good health, wealth, and sound faith). Below is what Eid means, its ruling and etiquettes.

What does Eid means
Eid, in Islam, is a day of joy, thanksgiving, worship, brotherhood, solidarity, and morality. A Muslim should take the advantage of this day to bring himself nearer to Allah, Most High.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Every nation has its festival, and this is your festival.” Here, he referred to the fact that these two Eids are exclusively for the Muslims.

The Muslims have no festivals apart from Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha Anas ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allah came to Madinah, the people of Madinah used to have two festivals.

On those two days, they had carnivals and festivities. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) asked the Ansar (the Muslims of Madinah) about it.

They replied that before Islam, they used to have carnivals on those two joyous days. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) told them, “Instead of those two days, Allah has appointed two other days which are better, the days of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha.” (Abu Dawud)

These two Eids are among the signs of Allah, to which we must show consideration and understand their objectives. Below, we will elaborate on the rulings and etiquette of Eid.

Rulings of Eid
1- Fasting: It is haram to fast on the days of Eid because of the hadith of Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) in which he said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) forbade fasting on the day of Fitr and the day of Adha. (Muslim)

2- Offering Eid Prayers: Some of the scholars say that Eid Prayers are obligatory – this is the view of the Hanafi scholars and of Ibn Taymiyyah. Some scholars say that Eid Prayer is Fard Kifayah (a communal duty, binding on the Muslims as a group, and it is fulfilled if a sufficient number of people perform it, thereby absolving the rest of sin). This is the view of the Hanbalis. A third group says that Eid Prayer is Sunnah Mu’akkadah (confirmed sunnah). This is the view of the Malikis and Shafi`is.

3- Offering Supererogatory Prayers: There are no Supererogatory Prayers to be offered either before or after the Eid Prayer, as Ibn `Abbas reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to come out on the day of Eid and pray two rak`ahs, with nothing before or after them. This is the case if the Prayer is offered in an open area. If, however, the people pray the Eid Prayer in a mosque, then they should pray two rak`ahs for Tahiyat Al-Masjid.

4- Women attending the Eid Prayers: According to the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), everyone is urged to attend Eid Prayer, and to co-operate with one another in righteousness and piety. The menstruating woman should not forsake the remembrance of Allah or places of goodness such as gatherings for the purpose of seeking knowledge and remembering Allah – apart from mosques. Women, undoubtedly, should not go out without the Hijab.

Etiquettes of Eid
1- Ghusl (taking a bath): One of the good manners of Eid is to take a bath before going out to the Prayer. It was reported that Sa`id ibn Jubayr said: “Three things are Sunnah on Eid: to walk (to the prayer-place), to take a bath, and to eat before coming out (if it’s Eid al-Fitr).”

2- Eating before coming out: One should not come out to the prayer-place on Eid al-Fitr before eating some dates, because of the hadith narrated by Al-Bukhari from Anas ibn Malik who said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) would not go out in the morning of Eid al-Fitr until he had eaten some dates… and he would eat an odd number.” On Eid al-Adha, on the other hand, it is recommended not to eat until after the Prayer, when one should eat from the meat of one’s sacrifice.

3- Takbir on the day of Eid: This is one of the greatest Sunnahs of this day. Al-Daraqutni and others reported that when Ibn `Umar came out on Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, he would strive hard in making Takbir until he reached the prayer-place, then he would continue making Takbir until the Imam came.

4- Congratulating one another: People may exchange congratulations and good greetings on Eid, no matter what form the words take. For example, they may say to one another, “Taqabbal Allahu minnaa wa minkum (May Allah accept, from us and from you, our good deeds!)”.

Jubayr ibn Nufayr said: “At the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) when people met one another on the day of Eid, they would say, ‘Taqabbal Allahu minnaa wa minka.’” (Ibn Hajar)

5- Wearing one’s best clothes for Eid: Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) had a Jubbah (cloak) that he would wear on Eid and on Fridays.” Al-Bayhaqi reported that Ibn `Umar used to wear his best clothes on Eid, so men should wear the best clothes they have when they go out for Eid.

6- Changing route on returning from Prayer-place: Jabir ibn `Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to change his routes on the day of Eid. (Al-Bukhari)

Allah Almighty knows best.

https://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-the-scholar/arts-entertainment/eid-etiquette-and-rulings/
www.islamqa.info

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by AntiChristian: 5:40am On Jul 20, 2021
Being a Muslim is the best thing to happen to me.

May we all end as one submitting to the will of Allah in Islam.

Taqaballa Allahu Minna wa minkum!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Yusufnairaland2: 6:23am On Jul 20, 2021
Taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum

May the Almighty ease all of our affairs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Abboki: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2021
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by dheolexaone(f): 9:41am On Jul 20, 2021
Jazakhum llahi Khaeran

1 Like

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Hassanmaye(m): 9:42am On Jul 20, 2021
Lukgaf:
AlhamduLilah, tomorrow is Eid (may Allah count us among those that will witness Eid in good health, wealth, and sound faith). Below is what Eid means, its ruling and etiquettes.

https://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-the-scholar/arts-entertainment/eid-etiquette-and-rulings/
www.islamqa.info
Masha Allah

1 Like

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by chillychill(f): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2021
TaqabalaLlahu minna wa minkum my lovely brothers and sisters in Islam kiss

3 Likes

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Hustler1277: 9:53am On Jul 20, 2021
Please as we all feast and celeberate
i would really love some help from you guys
nothing is too small

The pictures attached to this post is my phone and I am typing this from somebody's phone whom I begged to please quickly make a post.

I am in my finals in university of Benin and I have been having myriads of problems I can't begin to spell out .
I have been footing my school bills all by myself since two sessions now due to family issues and lots of long stories I can't begin to say here.

I sold my laptop not quite long t be able to work on my project and feed .
I do some jobs online t survive though it hasn't been so lucrative .
I was expecting some money next week though so I could sort out my project finally and look for a place to perch as I finalize school issues .
But yesterday something very funny snd bad just happened .
My phone fell and the screen just left the phone and now the flex is cut .

I tried to look for persons to borrow money from to raise the money for repair but people are all going home as its a sessional break .

Please am appealing to good hearted persons to please help me raise the money to fix the phone .
If anybody wants to come around uniben to see me and pay for the fixing am fine with that.
Please I need to fix this phone soon so I can forge ahead in life.
I will appreciate donations from persons here .
This is just a guy trying to beat the hard times and make it in life and now he really needs hand or hands to pull him up .
Here is my account number
First bank
Emua Abraham
A phone number if you want to reach and talk 08143909240

Please I am not asking for fish
I just need to fix my hook
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by temitope27(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2021
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Blakpot: 10:18am On Jul 20, 2021
While u guys are celebrating good health, Allah's blessings and what not, don't forget to show solidarity and pray for the families of victims killed or maimed by your brothers in the name of Allah.

5 Likes

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Farid24224(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2021
Z
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Farid24224(m): 10:23am On Jul 20, 2021
Blakpot:
While u guys are celebrating good health, Allah's blessings and what not, don't forget to show solidarity and pray for the families of victims killed or maimed by your brothers in the name of Allah.

A true Muslim will not kill. So, they are not our brothers!!
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by patani(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2021
Farid24224:

He didn't say they are true Muslim or not. At least they killed in the name of Allah and claim to act on the injuction from Quran 9:29.

Still pray to the same Allah to change their hearth so we can all live in peace in this world where Muslim are Muslims and Christians are Christians without fear and intimidation from both sides

3 Likes

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2021
Blakpot:
Uhmm what are you trying to prove? Every religion has extremist! If don't know your history go and find out what rome did to humanity when there were the center of all things.

So, STFU and getting busy.
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2021
Blakpot:
Uhmm what are you trying to prove? Every religion has extremist! If don't know your history go and find out what rome did to humanity when there were the center of all things.

So, STFU and get busy.
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Hier(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
Farid24224:

You mean muslims like Mohammed who killed people in their thousands and robbed traders of their hard-earned cash

Mohammed is so ashamed of you right now

At least when people are forced into Islam, they are welcomed into the brotherhood and those who are the extremist are fighting the cause Mohammed left for them and also lived, what can be more fulfilling than being like your teacher or mentor

2 Likes

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hammyaladin:

So, STFU and getting busy.
Oga Na una own get extremists pass . Na una dey bomb pass Na una representatives full Nigerian government pass. I hope you get the point now .

1 Like

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2021
AlphaAlex:
Oga Na una own get extremists pass . Na una dey bomb pass Na una representatives full Nigerian government pass. I hope you get the point now .
Coming from someone who doesn't know history! USA you so worshiped caused everything in the middle East!

Just because of oil in Iraq USA burnt down the whole middle East!!!! And lied about them having nuclear weapons. Go and read history my, man.

Every white has a black dot. And every black has a white dot! Yin and yang!!
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Farid24224(m): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hier:

You mean muslims like Mohammed who killed people in their thousands and robbed traders of their hard-earned cash

Mohammed is so ashamed of you right now

At least when people are forced into Islam, they are welcomed into the brotherhood and those who are the extremist are fighting the cause Mohammed left for them and also lived, what can be more fulfilling than being like your teacher or mentor

Which Mohammed are you even referring to??
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Hier(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2021
Farid24224:

Which Mohammed are you even referring to??

The founder of Islam

1 Like

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Coming from someone who doesn't know history! USA you so worshiped caused everything in the middle East!

Just because of oil in Iraq USA burnt down the whole middle East!!!! And lied about them having nuclear weapons. Go and read history my, man.

Every white has a black dot. And every black has a white dot! Yin and yang!!
you still don’t understand una own worst pass nothing you say can ever disprove that fact are the emirs and other rulers in the north not Muslims? Are they not the same one impoverishing their fellow human beings so that they would remain subservient to them ? Just look at the predominantly Muslim north and you will know there’s something majorly wrong about islam and all your rulings and bla bla bla has not helped the north advance one bit. Dubai would have been like the smelling north if they didn’t understand business and Reality. Be there and continue being deceived. Make pant dey wear you... Check globally everywhere without Muslims is peaceful and progressive. Heck look at China they don’t have y’all religious bigots dragging their ass into the Stone Age . But Look at Nigeria with a Muslim majority in almost all spheres of its affairs. Backward and useless . Omo you no get gist . Get out with your so called religion of peace. And i know now you will be upset and want to do me harm because you can’t take the truth in black and white. Enjoy your Day jare

1 Like

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Farid24224(m): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hier:

The founder of Islam

You are very very stupid and ignorant then....You know that right?
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Hier(m): 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
Farid24224:

You are very very stupid and ignorant then....You know that right?

I don't get
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
AlphaAlex:
you still don’t understand una own worst pass nothing you say can ever disprove that fact are the emirs and other rulers in the north not Muslims? Are they not the same one impoverishing their fellow human beings so that they would remain subservient to them ? Just look at the predominantly Muslim north and you will know there’s something majorly wrong about islam and all your rulings and bla bla bla has not helped the north advance one bit. Dubai would have been like the smelling north if they didn’t understand business and Reality. Be there and continue being deceived. Make pant dey wear you... Check globally everywhere without Muslims is peaceful and progressive. Heck look at China they don’t have y’all religious bigots dragging their ass into the Stone Age . But Look at Nigeria with a Muslim majority in almost all spheres of its affairs. Backward and useless . Omo you no get gist . Get out with your so called religion of peace. And i know now you will be upset and want to do me harm because you can’t take the truth in black and white. Enjoy your Day jare
and Dubai, Indonesia, Malaysia, oman, Turkey are ruled by christens right??

The autoritarian rule is a Hausa thing not Islam!! Like the way Igbo women are made to drink the water of their dead husbands!! Should we call that Christianity?!!
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hammyaladin:
and Dubai, Indonesia, Malaysia, oman, Turkey are ruled by christens right??

The autoritarian rule is a Hausa thing not Islam!! Like the way Igbo women are made to drink the water of their dead husbands!! Should we call that Christianity?!!

Lol I see you are naive as well . I dare Dubai and the rest to practice your strictest practices and see if their economies will not collapse omo you no get gist .
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by princeabdul(m): 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2021
Lukgaf:

www.islamqa.info
taqabal Allah minka WA minkum. �
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
AlphaAlex:
Lol I see you are naive as well . I dare Dubai and the rest to practice your strictest practices and see if their economies will not collapse omo you no get gist .
shifting goal post as always.... Read history. Please I beg you. The media is a smoke screen. Fox, cnn, etc. Won't tell you Truth. Seek the truth. Pleasez seek the truth.
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by frid14: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2021
Those who spend in charity will be richly rewarded. Quran 75:10
Please kindly show me some love, let me celebrate this day with happiness and joy in my heart.
Any little amount would go a long way this time around, thanks everyone.

Union Bank
Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by princeabdul(m): 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
AlphaAlex:
if Muslims are terrorists you'll be posting this from your graveyard.

1 Like

Re: Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha by princeabdul(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
AlphaAlex:
your summations shows how half baked your knowledge is, go out and seek knowledge, because it will take you outta the shackles and bondage you're currently in, shalom!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did Muhammad's Name Appear In Hindus Scripture? / How To Attain Spiritual Perfection. / 99 Names Of Allah And Meanings (and Discussions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.