Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,093 members, 7,852,696 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou (1115 Views)

Igboho: Afenifere Reacts As Court Stops FG From Arresting Agitator / Sunday Igboho: ‘juju Has Failed’ – Joe Igbokwe Mocks Agitator / Yoruba Nation: Police Kill Street Trader In Lagos, Arrest Agitator (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by KillMNKnow(f): 5:29am On Jul 20, 2021
BREAKING: Yoruba Nation agitator Sunday Igboho arrested in Cotonou
Kayode Oyero
20 July 2021
Kindly share this story:

Sunday Igboho
Sunday Igboho

Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho, has been arrested in Cotonou, Benin Republic, The PUNCH has learnt.

He was arrested at an airport in Cotonou on Monday night, a top source familiar with the matter told our correspondent.

Igboho was arrested by the security forces in Benin Republic about three weeks after the Department of State Services declared him wanted for allegedly stockpiling arms, an allegation he has since denied.

The source told The PUNCH that Igboho will be repatriated to Nigeria on Tuesday (today) from Benin Republic, one of Nigeria’s neighbouring countries in the West African sub region.

“He was arrested in Cotonou while he tried to travel out on Monday night. His destination was Germany. The security forces in Benin Republic should repatriate him to Nigeria on Tuesday,” the source said.

Read Also
Stop manhunt for Igboho, release loyalists, OPC tells Buhari
Court fixes Igboho aides’ trial for Sallah day – Lawyer
DSS manhunt: Igboho trying to get new passport, flee Nigeria, says FG
The Nigerian secret police had raided Igboho’s Ibadan residence in the Soka area on July 1, 2021, arrested about 12 of his aides and killed two of them in a gun duel.

The Federal Government of Nigeria had placed the Nigeria Immigration Service and the Nigeria Customs Service on alert to stop Igboho from leaving the country.

When contacted, a member of Igboho’s legal team, Pelumi Olajengbesi, said he would speak with the lead counsel, Yomi Aliyu (SAN), and revert later.

DSS spokesman, Peter Afunanya, did not respond to a text message seeking confirmation on the matter.

Afunanya, at a briefing on July 1, 2021, had vowed that “Igboho may run as far as he can. He may hide as long as he wants…But this will be the end of his shenanigans.”
https://punchng.com/breaking-yoruba-nation-agitator-sunday-igboho-arrested-in-cotonou/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&amp&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Seniorwriter(m): 5:32am On Jul 20, 2021
SMH.....
This present clueless terrorists infested administration is setting a record for historians in the nearest future.
If your leadership is good you'll not have an unequivocal complain of bad economy and debt increase with depreciation in the foreign reserves...not to talk of the height in killings, kidnapping and murdering of innocent Nigerians!
An administration that came on board via protests and media also trying to gag the media and very afraid of protests than Bandits! SMH....
This are interesting times ahead.
Let's watch events unfold.....fingers crossed.

BTW since they've arrested IGBOHO I hope they'll release that innocent CAT in their custody?
SMH...

We need young visionary leaders come 2023.

@Seniorwriter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by madridguy(m): 5:35am On Jul 20, 2021
Why Japa to Cotonou after he has led some to their earlier grave. You bragged to be up to the task and no one could believe you will still jakpa.
Enjoy your stay with the DSS.
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by ncpat(m): 5:36am On Jul 20, 2021
Japa

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by hopeforcharles(m): 5:37am On Jul 20, 2021
Hmmm, When one is attacked and others says it doesn't concern them, when it reaches their turn others will say it doesn't concern them too. Or they wount have anybody to pleed their case.
Its better we unite and face our problems.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Nkwobi042: 5:39am On Jul 20, 2021
Hmm!
I wanted to say something to piss off some yoruba on here, but I won't. E suppose Choke, but I won't make a mockery of it.... Yet.

But you c this one Nigeria, e suppose Don dey bitter Una for mouth. Sophistication will never bring lasting peace to Nigeria. Nigeria is not a country where you achieve something wearing suits and ties, Nigeria is a jungle and you must be a vicious animal to get what you want in this country, that's why northerners don't play it cool. Even in NASS they fight with their babanriga and threaten slur swears wrapped with superiority over other tribes.

Make Una 4get yoruba and igbo presidency, there's serious problem in this country even a yoruba president cannot solve. As an igbo guy, I don't like Nigeria at all... There's absolutely nothing about this country that interests me. You know, even in ASO Rock, these people don't value southerners, I know these because it's normal gists here in Abuja in elite gatherings. A small hausa guy will run you local on NASS like a pauper.
I have a Tiv friend in one of the highest govt parastatals filled with northerners and he was telling us one day that whenever there's an ethnic issues between the north and south, they gather in clusters to threaten uprisings against the south and they do it in Whispers. Try passing in between such gathering and they give each other signals to hush for a moment till you disappear.

Sunday igboho who be messed up big time,as I don't see any huge prominent yorubas coming out en masse to radically seek for his release. What happened in that guy's house was a massacre especially in a country over ridden by fulani blood letting herdsmen. I just imagined what if his grown up kids where in the house? These people for just shoot them die, Chai! Nigeria! Nigeria!! Cursed be on her! SMH

When your neighbour's house is on fire, don't mock him because fire spreads and may soon engulf your own house. I may not like Nnamdi Kanu style, but that's the style Nigeria government understands. Na that style make northerners dey panicky so te they rejoiced in their mosques and Arabian tea gatherings in Abuja after he was captured. It was a massive breakthrough for them... But we are watching...

The way yorubas react NOW will determine the amount of respect this janja-weed government will respect them. They want to test your resolves, don't act like cowards.

E no go dey funny if this government decides to castrate Sunday, it will be a big slap on your race.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Ahmed0336(m): 5:39am On Jul 20, 2021
Him no disappear

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Credobee(m): 5:39am On Jul 20, 2021
Ok
Next.....
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Millimann: 5:42am On Jul 20, 2021
hopeforcharles:
Hmmm, When one is attacked and others says it doesn't concern them, when it reqches their turn others will say it doesn't concern them too. Or they wount have anybody to pleed their case.
Its better we unite and face our problems.

Exactly what we've been saying.

When we first battled the herdsmen, they laughed. Later, the herdsmen faced them and when their men decided to fight back they were locked up and nothing was done to the herdsmen.

During Python Dance, they cheered the military. Later they were massacred in their land.

When Nnamdi Kanu was doing what Igboho is doing, they said he should be arrested. But Igboho is doing the same thing today.

When Ipob people were arrested, they said they should be locked up. Later, Igboho's men protested and we're locked up. They are asked to bail each of them with 300k.

When Nnamdi Kanu was "intercepted" they jubilated. Now this story.

You should understand when God said He will bless whoever bless His people and curse whoever curses them.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Babzrockman: 5:43am On Jul 20, 2021
But this Hausa/Fulani really mean no good for this marriage called Nigeria..

If they can arrest Nnamdi Kanu and Sunday Igboho with no much stress, what has hindered them from arresting Shekau over years before d ISWAP killed him.

See Bandits too. They claimed to know where they are but they are yet to be killed or arrested.

Nigeria government no ready at all.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Bari22: 5:45am On Jul 20, 2021
Good news
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Antoeni(m): 5:51am On Jul 20, 2021
We pray so,

May God bless malami and Nigerian security men for their efforts to brings terrorist to face Justice.

And I hope igboho will face the wrath of law for the destructions he cause and made to Nigerians.
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by dettolgel: 5:51am On Jul 20, 2021
I hope he gets a fair trial.

For those jubilating in the face of tyranny and oppression I pray you don't fall a victim.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Mumusaphire: 5:52am On Jul 20, 2021
No case against him
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Generalkorex(m): 5:53am On Jul 20, 2021
Nobody wey government no fit catch. But I wonder why we still have Boko Haram, killer herdsmen, and Bandits if this government is this proactive.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Antoeni(m): 5:55am On Jul 20, 2021
Arrested just like that
To God be the glory

Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by dignity33: 5:59am On Jul 20, 2021
arresting him will not make doller 1 to 1 naira or make Nigeria better.
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Ckonnet: 6:00am On Jul 20, 2021
Oga why you go follow cotonou,u for get visa enter a neutral country in Africa and fly to your destination, benin rep na ordinary ant for where naija dey.
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Antoeni(m): 6:01am On Jul 20, 2021
Edit your copy and paste properly
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by 1stola: 6:15am On Jul 20, 2021
Buharí wants war, he'll get it...

Today being Sallah day, most people will be feeding the people whose people are making the country miserable... Born to rule to destroy people.

EVEN AS A MUSLIM, I WILL NEVER feed people who mostly have stolen and own the most oil blocs in Nigeria yet no single refinery is functional. And everyone now has to wait for a single man to complete building his own. So what are we now paying taxes for?
The government is barely doing anything.
Nigerians most provide everything for themselves.
Want good Power - you buy generator
Want good education - go to private schools
Want shelter - Build a house
Want good water - dig a borehole
Want security - provide one for yourself etc.

These people are:
Most corrupt
Most in government
Most useless
Richest and yet most wretched.

Why can't their own rich people and useless politicians feed and take care of them?

Why are they always coming down to the South (Lagos, Ọyọ, Ogun port Harcourt etc) to beg?
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Seniorwriter(m): 6:16am On Jul 20, 2021
Nkwobi042:
Hmm!
I wanted to say something to piss off some yoruba on here, but I won't. E suppose Choke, but I won't make a mockery of it.... Yet.

But you c this one Nigeria, e suppose Don dey bitter Una for mouth. Sophistication will never bring lasting peace to Nigeria. Nigeria is not a country where you achieve something wearing suits and ties, Nigeria is a jungle and you must be a vicious animal to get what you want in this country, that's why northerners don't play it cool. Even in NASS they fight with their babanriga and threaten slur swears wrapped with superiority over other tribes.

Make Una 4get yoruba and igbo presidency, there's serious problem in this country even a yoruba president cannot solve. As an igbo guy, I don't like Nigeria at all... There's absolutely nothing about this country that interests me. You know, even in ASO Rock, these people don't value southerners, I know these because it's normal gists here in Abuja in elite gatherings. A small hausa guy will run you local on NASS like a pauper.
I have a Tiv friend in one of the highest govt parastatals filled with northerners and he was telling us one day that whenever there's an ethnic issues between the north and south, they gather in clusters to threaten uprisings against the south and they do it in Whispers. Try passing in between such gathering and they give each other signals to hush for a moment till you disappear.

Sunday igboho who be messed up big time,as I don't see any huge prominent yorubas coming out en masse to radically seek for his release. What happened in that guy's house was a massacre especially in a country over ridden by fulani blood letting herdsmen. I just imagined what if his grown up kids where in the house? These people for just shoot them die, Chai! Nigeria! Nigeria!! Cursed be on her! SMH

When your neighbour's house is on fire, don't mock him because fire spreads and may soon engulf your own house. I may not like Nnamdi Kanu style, but that's the style Nigeria government understands. Na that style make northerners dey panicky so te they rejoiced in their mosques and Arabian tea gatherings in Abuja after he was captured. It was a massive breakthrough for them... But we are watching...

The way yorubas react NOW will determine the amount of respect this janja-weed government will respect them. They want to test your resolves, don't act like cowards.

E no go dey funny if this government decides to castrate Sunday, it will be a big slap on your race.

Since they've arrested IGBOHO I hope they'll release that innocent CAT in their custody?
SMH....

This present clueless terrorists infested administration is setting a record for historians in the nearest future.
If your leadership is good you'll not have an unequivocal complain of bad economy and debt increase with depreciation in the foreign reserves...not to talk of the height in killings, kidnapping and murdering of innocent Nigerians!
An administration that came on board via protests and media also trying to gag the media and very afraid of protests than Bandits! SMH....
Interesting times ahead.
Let's watch events unfold.....fingers crossed.

We need young visionary leaders

@Seniorwriter
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Nkwobi042: 6:17am On Jul 20, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Since they've arrested IGBOHO I hope they'll release that innocent CAT in their custody?
SMH....

grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by gambia(m): 6:27am On Jul 20, 2021
Same energy would have been used on bandits, killer herdsmen and boko haram militants as well, but I less forgot Buhari and his deluded team are all terrorists, a country where a known jihadist such as pantami holds a sensitive position, its no longer surprising, southerners, the earlier you guys unite the better for you or remain as a conquered region.
Re: BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Igboho Arrested In Cotonou by Mynd44: 6:32am On Jul 20, 2021

(1)

Northern Baggage: Look At A School In Oil And Gas-rich South East[video] / Buhari will never allow Igbos to Be President Or VP After Him / Sunday Igboho New Year Message: I'm Not At War With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.